BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,504
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 245 of 267 1 2 243 244 245 246 247 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any honest response to this question would not be flattering to the parents of these players. You get the drift?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am scratching my head as to why two players that good would move from DCE to MadLax. I do not have a son on either team, but I thought I knew the 2026 age group fairly well. It appeared from both teams' HoCo performance (both W/L records, and watching the teams play) that DCE was on the way up and MadLax was in decline. All reports are that DCE has better coaching at the 2026 level. I was hearing rumors that top MadLax, NextLevel, and VLC players all were trying to join DCE, and I know that some guest played with DCE this summer. And whenever I watched DCE play, those two got plenty of playing time. And starting in HS, MadLax becomes a revolving door for national players, so no matter how good you are, you frequently will be sharing time with some ringer from Texas, North Carolina, etc. So to an outside observer this move makes little sense - what am I missing?

Parents Egos

πŸ‘† DCE is still on the way up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any honest response to this question would not be flattering to the parents of these players. You get the drift?
I do get the drift but it still does not make sense. parents typically move teams when Johnny is not getting his due on playing time, but here they were getting plenty.

But as I said, my son is on neither team; not my circus, not my [Censored]. Just seems odd.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you have to ask yourself why these two left and none of the VLC or Madlax or NL elite kids went to DCE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right about ringers being added at Madlax for some (not all) tournaments and I can tell you it's very frustrating and the parents detest it. Not shockingly, the adds never impact the owner's sons (28 and 24) who shouldn't be playing as much as they do anyway....nor does it impact a couple of the other age groups who have dad coaches (27 or 29) whose kids should also not be seeing as much playing time. The happiest team/parent group in the ML family is the 25 age group. Great coach, good kids, etc fwiw.

I know the two DCE kids coming to ML and they should play most of the game because they are legit players.... but the parents need to be prepared for ringer-daddy-ball-like situations. I know this sorta stuff happens everywhere, but it's very prominent at ML and could blow up the team(s) downrange. One of the most talented age groups at ML was the 27 age group. They added a bunch of players a few years back and the coach insisted on playing his son who shouldn't even be on the A team. The original team had been around for a long time and the parents got sick of it and many of them bolted to other clubs. Now I would put the 27 ML team in the slightly-better-than-average cohort. The same thing happened to the 24 team which was arguably one of the best club teams ever during their 7th and 8th grade year. Some top players got sick of the daddy ball and left for NL. This situation is well documented on BOTC and now most of those players are stars at the HS level and will almost certainly be recruited to top colleges in the early September round.

The training and tourney schedule at Madlax are very good so maybe that's it.....but when it comes to playing time and the recruitment years you better be prepared to be disappointed because you gotta earn it always as there is no loyalty even to the kids who have been there since age 5/6 and, ultimately, the latter is going to fall to the kid/parents to get the job done.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am scratching my head as to why two players that good would move from DCE to MadLax. I do not have a son on either team, but I thought I knew the 2026 age group fairly well. It appeared from both teams' HoCo performance (both W/L records, and watching the teams play) that DCE was on the way up and MadLax was in decline. All reports are that DCE has better coaching at the 2026 level. I was hearing rumors that top MadLax, NextLevel, and VLC players all were trying to join DCE, and I know that some guest played with DCE this summer. And whenever I watched DCE play, those two got plenty of playing time. And starting in HS, MadLax becomes a revolving door for national players, so no matter how good you are, you frequently will be sharing time with some ringer from Texas, North Carolina, etc. So to an outside observer this move makes little sense - what am I missing?

Parents Egos
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, the rankings published by MadLax that are always deadly accurate.

They are actually pretty accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents Egos[/quote]
☝🏻[/quote]

Yep. Takes a huge ego to move your kid to a less competitive team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't wait for the first tournament when those two are sharing time with out of state players. Pass the popcorn!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you have to ask yourself why these two left and none of the VLC or Madlax or NL elite kids went to DCE.

Excellent question. What's the answer?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right about ringers being added at Madlax for some (not all) tournaments and I can tell you it's very frustrating and the parents detest it. Not shockingly, the adds never impact the owner's sons (28 and 24) who shouldn't be playing as much as they do anyway....nor does it impact a couple of the other age groups who have dad coaches (27 or 29) whose kids should also not be seeing as much playing time. The happiest team/parent group in the ML family is the 25 age group. Great coach, good kids, etc fwiw.

I know the two DCE kids coming to ML and they should play most of the game because they are legit players.... but the parents need to be prepared for ringer-daddy-ball-like situations. I know this sorta stuff happens everywhere, but it's very prominent at ML and could blow up the team(s) downrange. One of the most talented age groups at ML was the 27 age group. They added a bunch of players a few years back and the coach insisted on playing his son who shouldn't even be on the A team. The original team had been around for a long time and the parents got sick of it and many of them bolted to other clubs. Now I would put the 27 ML team in the slightly-better-than-average cohort. The same thing happened to the 24 team which was arguably one of the best club teams ever during their 7th and 8th grade year. Some top players got sick of the daddy ball and left for NL. This situation is well documented on BOTC and now most of those players are stars at the HS level and will almost certainly be recruited to top colleges in the early September round.

The training and tourney schedule at Madlax are very good so maybe that's it.....but when it comes to playing time and the recruitment years you better be prepared to be disappointed because you gotta earn it always as there is no loyalty even to the kids who have been there since age 5/6 and, ultimately, the latter is going to fall to the kid/parents to get the job done.

The MadLax 2027 team used to be competitive with NextLevel and Hawks, but now are a punching bag. Sadly the players have have limited options because NextLevel 2027 is packed and VLC 2027 folded.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Omitted words as it goes against our community standards
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because Bobby Horsey has become the face of dce now that the founders sons have almost aged out. He is nothing but insults and snide remarks and zero coaching skill. DCE won’t be around in 2 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully there is so lacrosse. Probably local only. The fact that hawks and laxachusetts will not play each other for a 2nd consecutive year is beyond ludicrous. They will not get better playing slow motion, unathletic Long Island kids, or the leftover local riffraff. Maybe the two organizations can figure something out

A joint ditch digging session to prepare for the future would be best.
Advanced ditch digging with a concentration in lumber sales for the hold backs
Hope your kids enjoy the view from the sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Current DCE parent here and disagree with that statement wholeheartedly. The dads of the departing attacks pulled them from the team bc they were upset their kids had to share playing time.The coach played other kids from time to time bc the dynamic duo were sometimes not producing the way the team needed them to. They are absolutely great players, but coaches are paid to make these decisions when a player isn’t getting the job done. The coach is there to do what’s best for the TEAM, not what’s best for these two players. My kid was sorry to see them go and wishes them the best at their new team. But to be clear, we support the DCE coach completely.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Current DCE parent here and disagree with that statement wholeheartedly. The dads of the departing attacks pulled them from the team bc they were upset their kids had to share playing time.The coach played other kids from time to time bc the dynamic duo were sometimes not producing the way the team needed them to. They are absolutely great players, but coaches are paid to make these decisions when a player isn’t getting the job done. The coach is there to do what’s best for the TEAM, not what’s best for these two players. My kid was sorry to see them go and wishes them the best at their new team. But to be clear, we support the DCE coach completely.

Wow. No wonder they both left. Good for them. Obviously a toxic culture.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long story short, parent egos took the kids to Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE will have trouble remaining competitive long because their main feeder, BLC, is not what it use to be. NL in particular and ML to a lesser degree have penetrated their player pool. Also, one of the main (I'd argue "the" main feeder) elementary schools for BLC players is Mater Dei in Bethesda. The 28s started migrating to ML a while ago. 27s started a little after. Below the 28 year, almost all the best players play for ML down to 31s. NL also has a good grasp on Mater Dei and Landon (at the younger ages), which has mistakenly been labeled an ML school. There are more NL players their now below the 24 grad year.

No dog in the fight, just my observation as a DMV parent with friends across all the teams.

I think this is the most accurate post in the thread. BLC is a non-profit and is run like one. Next Level is a business and is run like one. It feels like NL has momentum with some of the younger age groups. DCE better get smart because I'm not sure BLC will be a strong feeder program in a few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If ya’ll haven’t learned anything, no club is safe from collapse. It only takes an exodus of top players/coaches or a terrible club director to create panic, to which rumors start flying, and the next thing you know a good team has turned into an irrelevant team, which turns into numerous irrelevant teams within a club until eventually the club is irrelevant and 95% of players go elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time to let this nothing burger end? DCE will be just fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. No wonder they both left. Good for them. Obviously a toxic culture.

Where in that post do you read anything into a toxic culture?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE will have trouble remaining competitive long because their main feeder, BLC, is not what it use to be. NL in particular and ML to a lesser degree have penetrated their player pool. Also, one of the main (I'd argue "the" main feeder) elementary schools for BLC players is Mater Dei in Bethesda. The 28s started migrating to ML a while ago. 27s started a little after. Below the 28 year, almost all the best players play for ML down to 31s. NL also has a good grasp on Mater Dei and Landon (at the younger ages), which has mistakenly been labeled an ML school. There are more NL players their now below the 24 grad year.

No dog in the fight, just my observation as a DMV parent with friends across all the teams.

I think this is the most accurate post in the thread. BLC is a non-profit and is run like one. Next Level is a business and is run like one. It feels like NL has momentum with some of the younger age groups. DCE better get smart because I'm not sure BLC will be a strong feeder program in a few years.

Yes NL is an option and might be more popular at the younger grades but they are often not invited to the top tournaments like NLF and NAL. That becomes a problem in the older grades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this is the most accurate post in the thread. BLC is a non-profit and is run like one. Next Level is a business and is run like one. It feels like NL has momentum with some of the younger age groups. DCE better get smart because I'm not sure BLC will be a strong feeder program in a few years.[/quote]

Yes NL is an option and might be more popular at the younger grades but they are often not invited to the top tournaments like NLF and NAL. That becomes a problem in the older grades.[/quote]

There are plenty of good tournaments and even more showcases now. The NLF and NAL are really good but not above any of the others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incorrect regarding NAL and NLF. They are the premiere tournaments particularly at the middle-school and HS level. It's not even close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well DCE doesn’t play in NLF anymore so maybe that’s why those kids left???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says Cabel. No one of any stature cares about MS lacrosse tournaments anymore unless you are at ML or Hawks. The days of Joey Epstein committing in 8th grade and then flaming out are long gone, thank god. And no serious college program gives more weight to HS NAL and NLF than they do other really good showcases and university visits. NAL/NLF are really good competition but not 1A and then A.

It's okay Cabel. MadLax is still really good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall NAL looks stacked. I know…fall ball, kids missing, etc. but that Group D is the group of death at the 2026 level. Hawks, CoachC, Towermen and 3d NE Red. Most of the top 20 there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did you see the Fall NAL groups? looking to see who we are playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did you see the Fall NAL groups? looking to see who we are playing.
Check out 2026 SUNDAY - one of the divisions in NORTH AMERICAN LACROSSE - 2022 FALL INVITATIONAL on Tourney Machine!

https://sxa56.app.goo.gl/AH1JtDGUTbZkVQw87

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall NAL looks stacked. I know…fall ball, kids missing, etc. but that Group D is the group of death at the 2026 level. Hawks, CoachC, Towermen and 3d NE Red. Most of the top 20 there.

Just a play day right? Coaches probably requested certain match ups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a play day right? Coaches probably requested certain match ups.

Looks like it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasnt expecting the Hawks to lose all three yesterday. Watched Jersey Express beat them by ten and then losing to two other teams hadnt heard of. Rebuilding year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasnt expecting the Hawks to lose all three yesterday. Watched Jersey Express beat them by ten and then losing to two other teams hadnt heard of. Rebuilding year?

Ha, thought the same thing when I saw a score but when I watched I didn't see any of the usual kids. One of the dad's said that was their B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha, thought the same thing when I saw a score but when I watched I didn't see any of the usual kids. One of the dad's said that was their B team.

Hawks tournaments (Green is A Team, Black is B team)

Victory Fall Classic
Oct 30 2022
2026 Black

North American Lacrosse
Nov 12 2022
2026 Green

Fall Lax Invitational
Nov 13 2022
2026 Black

North American Youth
Jun 10-11, 2023
2026 Green

Baltimore Summer Kickoff
Jun 10-11 & 17-18
2026 Black

National Showcase Championship (Millon)
Jun 17-18 2023
2026 Green

Legends Fast Break
Jun 17-18, 2023
2026 Black

Adrenaline Invitational
Jun 21-22 2023
2026 Green

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what happened to Rage? He doesn't seem listed as a coach anymore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good excuse. Where is Rage when you need him. Hawks are struggling at this age. Not going to be pretty this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because Bobby Horsey has become the face of dce now that the founders sons have almost aged out. He is nothing but insults and snide remarks and zero coaching skill. DCE won’t be around in 2 years.

Ouch ! Thats gotta hurt with so much truth . Does have a fun name tho

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC Express lost to Team Ten?? That's not a good look. Guess losing those 2 players hurt. πŸ€”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC Express lost to Team Ten?? That's not a good look. Guess losing those 2 players hurt. πŸ€”

I think Team Ten has an all new roster...I believe some Tigers, HHH and Mesa kids are now on the team. New coaches too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what happened to Rage? He doesn't seem listed as a coach anymore

No one is listed as Head Coach, just 3 assistant coaches. They're gonna get eaten alive at NAL if the pools stay the way they are. Pools seem to change a lot at the last minute.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good excuse. Where is Rage when you need him. Hawks are struggling at this age. Not going to be pretty this year

Uh, that was the B team

Like Reply Quote
Page 245 of 267 1 2 243 244 245 246 247 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard