BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Re: Girls 2029-6th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Friedman is a great coach (Suffolk team ) ...howley is as well (Nassau team ). Haven't heard good things about duswolt . There really isn't an A and a B team , they call it Suffolk and Nassau but the Suffolk team (Friedman) is a much stronger team and is treated as the A team . Whatever you do , don't go near 91 ....they'll tell you they're an A team and beat everyone but they're not a good program they only play in tournaments that they run and beat bad teams .

What have you heard about dusolt?

Heard he's an absolute lunatic who does nothing but he'll and berate the girls ....leaving girls in tears more than a few times . Girls have left willingly

YJ Nassau kids BOLTING in all age groups. Nassau side of the program has zero good things to say

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friedman is a great coach (Suffolk team ) ...howley is as well (Nassau team ). Haven't heard good things about duswolt . There really isn't an A and a B team , they call it Suffolk and Nassau but the Suffolk team (Friedman) is a much stronger team and is treated as the A team . Whatever you do , don't go near 91 ....they'll tell you they're an A team and beat everyone but they're not a good program they only play in tournaments that they run and beat bad teams .

Heard he's an absolute lunatic who does nothing but he'll and berate the girls ....leaving girls in tears more than a few times . Girls have left willingly

YJ Nassau kids BOLTING in all age groups. Nassau side of the program has zero good things to say

Fake news

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ve heard the same issues about him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But ....Friedman is probably one of the best coaches and team on long island so you shookd definitely give it a shot as well as howley if your in Nassau county

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And there you have it. A non-male coach can entice a "few solid players. Interesting.......maybe the BEST coach could bring in a "few solid players. Funny how that is able to slip into the conversation but if it was said "hey dont play for a non-male coach" that would be censored. Sexist either way and shameful!!!

You’re going to argue that a female coach for young girls is not a better fit? A woman players can look up to as a role model to played the sport ? I think any club would benefit from current or prior female players coaching them.[/quote]

I definitely agree with this. We are fortunate for our 29 teams that we have female coaches on staff that are role models for our daughters. Some are parent-coaches and perform both roles equally well. There is nothing worse than any coach who does not display sportsmanship or class.
Watching the behavior of the 2029 91 coaches at Lax 4 the Cure is not what I would want for my daughter. The constant berating of officials, behavior towards the opposing coaches, and the over-dramatic sideline reactions were on full display for all to see. I can not imagine having young girls being exposed to this multiple times a week for a year. What is worse is that the female coach was pretty much the source of these antics.
Wins and trophies do not mean anything if our daughters are not around positive role models.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And there you have it. A non-male coach can entice a "few solid players. Interesting.......maybe the BEST coach could bring in a "few solid players. Funny how that is able to slip into the conversation but if it was said "hey dont play for a non-male coach" that would be censored. Sexist either way and shameful!!!

You’re going to argue that a female coach for young girls is not a better fit? A woman players can look up to as a role model to played the sport ? I think any club would benefit from current or prior female players coaching them.

I definitely agree with this. We are fortunate for our 29 teams that we have female coaches on staff that are role models for our daughters. Some are parent-coaches and perform both roles equally well. There is nothing worse than any coach who does not display sportsmanship or class.
Watching the behavior of the 2029 91 coaches at Lax 4 the Cure is not what I would want for my daughter. The constant berating of officials, behavior towards the opposing coaches, and the over-dramatic sideline reactions were on full display for all to see. I can not imagine having young girls being exposed to this multiple times a week for a year. What is worse is that the female coach was pretty much the source of these antics.
Wins and trophies do not mean anything if our daughters are not around positive role models.[/quote]

I know exactly what you're talking about as I have witnessed the 91 coaches as well . 91 breeds [Censored] even with their boys teams so not surprising at all . And it teickela down to the parents as well . Horrible

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re going to argue that a female coach for young girls is not a better fit? A woman players can look up to as a role model to played the sport ? I think any club would benefit from current or prior female players coaching them.

Wins and trophies do not mean anything if our daughters are not around positive role models.[/quote]

It has trickled.down to the parent sideline as well lol...parents walking around saying they beat YJ (lie) they tied Friedman, saying they beat too guns but they never even played them . Embarrassing coaches and parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You realize you contradicted yourself and made no sense. No argument about 91 and their over-stimulated male coaches. BS just waiting for call from YJ and he will leave. In your same opinion you stated you agree and are fortunate that your 29 teams have female coaches. But then say the 91 female coach was the source of the antics. Good coaches are good coaches period. I understand you are new to the wlax club scene, but keep your sexist opinion to yourself as your child may be missing out on better coaching due to your uneducated opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
200 girls signed up for YJ 2029 tryouts that will take place on Wednesday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That can’t possibly be true can it?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope YJ creates a 4th team...Eastern & Western Suffolk teams would be great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fake news.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

completely false

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More like 100 or so there. I wonder how many missed out due to the tryout being rescheduled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That can’t possibly be true can it?

Jesters had over 150 easy. It is very possible especially if kids didn’t make the teams they wanted to at their current clubs and are now looking for better options

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope YJ creates a 4th team...Eastern & Western Suffolk teams would be great.

No worries if 200 really showed up to tryouts there will be 8 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters black, YJ Friedman and Top Guns all added to their A teams . Those are by far your top 3 long island teams now . Nobody comes close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters black, YJ Friedman and Top Guns all added to their A teams . Those are by far your top 3 long island teams now . Nobody comes close

You can not leave 91 Roar off of this list. Despite the antics of their coaching staff, they have a solid lineup. They haven’t played all of the teams mentioned but are still reigning Queens of the Island by beating a multitude of other LI programs. However you have to wonder how long the team will stay together as they don’t play use their full team during “important” games. Championship t-shirts feel hollow to families when your daughter is not playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct - as it is in almost ever age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can not leave 91 Roar off of this list. Despite the antics of their coaching staff, they have a solid lineup. They haven’t played all of the teams mentioned but are still reigning Queens of the Island by beating a multitude of other LI programs. However you have to wonder how long the team will stay together as they don’t play use their full team during “important” games. Championship t-shirts feel hollow to families when your daughter is not playing.

They will stay off the list when they beat one if the above mentioned teams which they have not . As stated here before ....91 is not a good girls club and never will be . They can call themselves whatever they want they're just not a good club . Beating horrible teams doesn't make you one of the best teams .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 roar best YJ 29 A at lax for the cure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was there… 8-5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never happened. Fake news . They tied . Sad that you make things up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake news ....they tied

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Friedman got even stronger after tryouts ....nobody comes close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What travel clubs have High School aged coaches other than Jesters ? I’m new to this and it seems young to have any experience to run a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not “fake news”, they tied at Queen of the Island and 91 best YJA at Lax for the Cure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your a clueless [Censored]. 91 beat yj 8-5 @ lax forcure. But keep knocking 91 - they will run the LI table this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your a clueless [Censored]. 91 beat yj 8-5 @ lax forcure. But keep knocking 91 - they will run the LI table this year

Spallina it’s time to retire from the forum

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Run what table ....the weak table aka their own "my lacrosse tournaments ". 91 plays weak teams . Friedman added talent . Friedman is the top team on long island and just got stenger . 91 will stick to blowing out B teams and losing every game when they go to Maryland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Run from 91. All you are doing is paying for the overstimulated coaches kids to get trained. They will leave when YJ calls. 91 has zero next level connections.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. 91 beats bad teams 18-0 in their weak my lacrosse tournament and everyone is happy and the parents tell people their the best team in the country lol….then they go out of state and lose every game , a lot of girls don’t see the field and they leave crying . Doesn’t sound like a good team by any stretch of the imagination

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can bash 91 but let’s be factual at least. IF they have talent they will not have issues w connections. YJ has as many people unhappy as happy- and that’s not unexpected for the top program, goes same for 91 boys side. All the bashing just seems likes nervousness that another program may provide some competition. And no they won’t compete overnight- but if the same training, enthusiasm, recruiting of good female AND male coaching continues for a few years 91 will have a bunch of very good teams. They won’t be YJ and that’s ok

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong…if your girl is serious about playing lacrosse in college etc….she needs to be with a top program. That’s a fact. For example, people on here will joke about YJ making 8 teams . But YJ commits 60 girls every year from their teams whether it be the A, B Suffolk, Nassau or whatever else they call themselves. And that is another verifiable fact. So while 91 may win a game here and there they are not recognized as a top girls club by anyone except their parents and coaches .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong…if your girl is serious about playing lacrosse in college etc….she needs to be with a top program. That’s a fact. For example, people on here will joke about YJ making 8 teams . But YJ commits 60 girls every year from their teams whether it be the A, B Suffolk, Nassau or whatever else they call themselves. And that is another verifiable fact. So while 91 may win a game here and there they are not recognized as a top girls club by anyone except their parents and coaches .

Well said, I couldn't agree more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The latest joke from the 91 organization otherwise known as dynamic sports is the created a girls " national team ". What exactly is a national team, did girls try out from all over the country for your "national team " because in the real world a national team is a team that has the best players in the country on it . Stop trying to take me oney from parents with your fake national teams lol. Can't make this stuff up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said, I couldn't agree more.

Nobody said they are recognized as a top girls program today. If a player is good enough they will get recruited. And right now many believe the training and coaching at 91 is better- can go bavk and forth about that but people feel that way. I personally don’t care about wins or losses- care about player development. Also not arguing past recruiting success

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can bash 91 but let’s be factual at least. IF they have talent they will not have issues w connections. YJ has as many people unhappy as happy- and that’s not unexpected for the top program, goes same for 91 boys side. All the bashing just seems likes nervousness that another program may provide some competition. And no they won’t compete overnight- but if the same training, enthusiasm, recruiting of good female AND male coaching continues for a few years 91 will have a bunch of very good teams. They won’t be YJ and that’s ok

Correct "they" wont be......but the 91 coaches kids will be YJ soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
History will repeat itself...91 girls will leave for YJ . Just ask spallinas brother who took his daughter to YJ and other girls followed and the 2025 91 girls team collapsed. Girls had to scramble to find another club .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get player development. You may not care about wins and losses, but players do, even those at the youngest of ages. It's always a balance. No one stays at a program with great training that doesn't win.

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard