BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 64 of 112 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Certainly the game has changed and our society, with kids more athletic and getting more coaching and strength training and more chances to play but....

remember what those old wooden sticks were like? Girls today would struggle using that as opposed to their GAIT stick. There's a reason why the top-14 single season goalie save % were all over 20 years ago.

Also, aren't there more teams (players) in D1 now than 25 years ago?

I'm not sure skills are any better. But athleticism is night and day. Kids are faster, stronger and more equipped for the rigors of today's game compared to 20 yrs ago

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
remember what those old wooden sticks were like? Girls today would struggle using that as opposed to their GAIT stick. There's a reason why the top-14 single season goalie save % were all over 20 years ago.

Also, aren't there more teams (players) in D1 now than 25 years ago?[/quote]

I'm not sure skills are any better. But athleticism is night and day. Kids are faster, stronger and more equipped for the rigors of today's game compared to 20 yrs ago[/quote]

That's not what D1 mom thinks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there something strategic about some of the teams not posting current rosters on their websites, or do they just not care?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there something strategic about some of the teams not posting current rosters on their websites, or do they just not care?

I think some clubs just don't make them public, for whatever reason, I know ours does not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on rumors and things I know about roster changes only, here's how I'm ranking the teams heading into 2022-2023:

1) M&D
2) Hero's
3) BLC
4) Pride
5) MDU
6) LBC
7) Integrity
8) Coppermine
9) Skywalkers
10) NEMS

Renegades & Hero's White just outside.

6-9 I think can go in many directions though. I hope the NGLL evens out the divisions more, unlike last year, where the #8 and #9 (based on US Club rankings) MD teams made the playoffs from playing lower teams while the 5,6,7 teams did not.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on rumors and things I know about roster changes only, here's how I'm ranking the teams heading into 2022-2023:

1) M&D
2) Hero's
3) BLC
4) Pride
5) MDU
6) LBC
7) Integrity
8) Coppermine
9) Skywalkers
10) NEMS

6-9 I think can go in many directions though. I hope the NGLL evens out the divisions more, unlike last year, where the #8 and #9 (based on US Club rankings) MD teams made the playoffs from playing lower teams while the 5,6,7 teams did not.

Again no love for FCA who may be back in the A this year (and bear Renegades twice I think last year). Maybe it was all because of the goalie - I'll stand down now, but Sky Walkers? Really?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA finished #53 nationally.

They played a very weak schedule. They lost to Uproar. Crush and Hero's White.

I'm not certain they win a game in A division. I know their goalie went to M&D, I'm sure she's good, but the level of play is going to greatly increase.

Nothing on their resume says they belong in the top-10 of the area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers beat Crush 14-0, a team FCA lost to.

They also beat Integrity, Stars, CCLax, not juggernauts but they were A division teams in NGLL.

SW also added talent, no doubt about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) M&D
2) Hero's
3) BLC
4) Pride
5) MDU
6) LBC
7) Integrity
8) Coppermine
9) Skywalkers
10) NEMS

Again no love for FCA who may be back in the A this year (and bear Renegades twice I think last year). Maybe it was all because of the goalie - I'll stand down now, but Sky Walkers? Really?

I highly doubt a significant change in NGLL divisions. There will still be north and south. (This was promised to VA clubs to get them to participate).

For reference, here were the divisions of this year's 26s. I would expect something similar with a couple changes. (Clearly no Crush in A for 2027s)

North
Heros G
SW
NEMS
Crush
TLC
Coppermine
HoCo
FCA

South
M&D
Pride
Stars
Integrity
MDU
MCE
Heros W
TLC Gold

I would expect something similar with the following changes

-BLC and Cavs in South instead of MCE, TLC Gold
- CCLax instead of Crush in north
- M&D Red, Renegages in North instead of HoCo, TLC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not certain they win a game in A division. I know their goalie went to M&D, I'm sure she's good, but the level of play is going to greatly increase.

Doesn't look like they lost to Uproar, but whatever. And there is zero logic to your statement about the goalie and the level of play, but I get what you mean all around.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They also beat Integrity, Stars, CCLax, not juggernauts but they were A division teams in NGLL.

I concede

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I concede

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) M&D
2) Hero's
3) BLC
4) Pride
5) MDU
6) LBC
7) Integrity
8) Coppermine
9) Skywalkers
10) NEMS

I highly doubt a significant change in NGLL divisions. There will still be north and south. (This was promised to VA clubs to get them to participate).

For reference, here were the divisions of this year's 26s. I would expect something similar with a couple changes. (Clearly no Crush in A for 2027s)

North
Heros G
SW
NEMS
Crush
TLC
Coppermine
HoCo
FCA

South
M&D
Pride
Stars
Integrity
MDU
MCE
Heros W
TLC Gold

When does the NGLL finalize the divisions and schedules? Is it in the fall or not until sometime in early 2023?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) M&D
2) Hero's
3) BLC
4) Pride
5) MDU
6) LBC
7) Integrity
8) Coppermine
9) Skywalkers
10) NEMS

North
Heros G
SW
NEMS
Crush
TLC
Coppermine
HoCo
FCA

South
M&D
Pride
Stars
Integrity
MDU
MCE
Heros W
TLC Gold

When does the NGLL finalize the divisions and schedules? Is it in the fall or not until sometime in early 2023?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) M&D
2) Hero's
3) BLC
4) Pride
5) MDU
6) LBC
7) Integrity
8) Coppermine
9) Skywalkers
10) NEMS

North
Heros G
SW
NEMS
Crush
TLC
Coppermine
HoCo
FCA

South
M&D
Pride
Stars
Integrity
MDU
MCE
Heros W
TLC Gold

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn't look like they lost to Uproar, but whatever. And there is zero logic to your statement about the goalie and the level of play, but I get what you mean all around.

Correction, they beat Uproar 8-7.

Goalie and level of play logic means that you aren't see the same talent and level of shooters against Uproar as you are against Hero's and M&D.
So giving up 6 goals against "Lucky Lax" might seem like a nice day, its prob not as good as giving up 10 goals against M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL schedule won't be finalized until about March 1st.

Grad years very so best predictor of next season is looking at last season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SWB added 7 good players.

Depth was a huge issue, when girls got tired you had two bad options. Continue to play a really tired girl or put in a fresh girl who will get exposed.

The new additions will dramatically help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great, thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depth was a huge issue, when girls got tired you had two bad options. Continue to play a really tired girl or put in a fresh girl who will get exposed.

Depending on where the additions are, SW coudl get good fast.

From seeing them last year, they really needed 3 new defenders, a new draw girl and some more speed in transition. If they addressed those, they could be in the mix in the second tier

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From seeing them last year, they really needed 3 new defenders, a new draw girl and some more speed in transition. If they addressed those, they could be in the mix in the second tier

Added 3 good defenders (2HG / 1TLC) and 4 mids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Added 3 good defenders (2HG / 1TLC) and 4 mids

They will be improved. Mainly because SW was so bad they could only move up. They won't compete against the top teams. Still would get smashed by double digits vs the top 3. But, they could sneak into the top 7-8. Gotta start somewhere. Good luck to them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Koepsal speak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know Sky Walkers will be better, and next year better than that.

Will CCLax stay in A Division? Do they have option to go to B? They certainly did not play any good tournaments over summer, but nearly beat LBC (lost by 1) so maybe they are starting to get going. If they added some talent, who knows.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know Sky Walkers will be better, and next year better than that.

Will CCLax stay in A Division? Do they have option to go to B? They certainly did not play any good tournaments over summer, but nearly beat LBC (lost by 1) so maybe they are starting to get going. If they added some talent, who knows.

Heard they picked up a very good attacker from Integrity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their rosters are posted online (CCLax), does not appear they added anyone from Integrity, maybe you are thinking of a different age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they are just lazy. M&D and Hero's updated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their rosters are posted online (CCLax), does not appear they added anyone from Integrity, maybe you are thinking of a different age?

Was from Integrity’s Blue team…sorry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did she make CCLax A team? I see CCLax has an A and a B team now.

Lots of movement between B teams each year for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW will continue to grow and quickly if current coaches stay.
I think they will surprise people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course they are going to be better. The only "surprise" would be is if they didn't get better after last years performance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course they are going to be better. The only "surprise" would be is if they didn't get better after last years performance

Of course they will get better... Once the top girls from PA, Ohio and other places join in next year (HS) and they take the starting spots they will definitely be better....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW will continue to grow and quickly if current coaches stay.
I think they will surprise people.

The current sw27 coaches are great and everyone hopes they stay long term because this team saw tremendous amount of coach turnover in last 36 months.

That said, SW generally rotate coaches every couple of years. And they have a stable of great coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if Coppermine retained most of their players or added any new ones?

They are a team that has struggled recently and went from one of the top teams not in the big three to now the back end of that list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are a team that has struggled recently and went from one of the top teams not in the big three to now the back end of that list.

I know they added two girls from Heros White. Not sure who else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course they will get better... Once the top girls from PA, Ohio and other places join in next year (HS) and they take the starting spots they will definitely be better....

This sentiment always amuses me. Heros and MnD also add girls from out of state. If you look at the older rosters for SW, the vast majority are from MD. There may be a few from out of state. But not like people make it out to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They lost 2 of their top guirld from last year. Not sure who they added.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They lost 2 of their top guirld from last year. Not sure who they added.

Where do they go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's not true, Coppermine did not lose two of their top players, not sure where you heard that. They lost one defender and picked up 4 new girls. Two girls will play on the new blue team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the US Club lax rankings are finalized. Two teams in top-10 that didn't play anyone? Only had 10 games on their record? Seems inappropriate to include them.

Page 64 of 112 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard