True Blue's JC 17 Shootout For Soldiers Charity Tournament Now Open for Registration! | The CBLaxers.com Elite 88 Showcase & The Igloo Elite 80 Showcase Camp Are Now Open for Registration - Limited Spots!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,279
Posts349,571
Members2,507
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 127 of 132 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 131 132
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BLC we are rooting for you. We’re all rooting for you.
Agreed. They took it on the chin last 2 HoCo seasons I think 1-13 or something like that. The 2 Attack they’re getting from Madlax are going to improve the team SIGNIFICANTLY. One played a decent amount at ML, the other did not. And I’m hearing they may get a 3rd player from elsewhere who is pretty legit. If all 3 indeed make it to BLC, they immediately jump over True Annapolis, Kelly Post, and are challenging Crabs for the 5th spot.

Good to hear they are reloading. They lost two significant pieces to NL.

True Annapolis lost 3-4 of their best players to the Hawks, including their goalie. TA will have to play 4A next year. No longer an elite team

Is this the same goalie who is on the True National team or somebody different?

The True National Black Goalie is from Illinois. The Annapolis Goalie is very good too.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the new teams Prostart and Rebels MD get enough kids to field teams at 2028?

ProStart fielded a team of 22, roster went out yesterday.

Where are the kids from? I heard True Annapolis and sidewinders but my source is a 12 year old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC we are rooting for you. We’re all rooting for you.
Agreed. They took it on the chin last 2 HoCo seasons I think 1-13 or something like that. The 2 Attack they’re getting from Madlax are going to improve the team SIGNIFICANTLY. One played a decent amount at ML, the other did not. And I’m hearing they may get a 3rd player from elsewhere who is pretty legit. If all 3 indeed make it to BLC, they immediately jump over True Annapolis, Kelly Post, and are challenging Crabs for the 5th spot.

Good to hear they are reloading. They lost two significant pieces to NL.

True Annapolis lost 3-4 of their best players to the Hawks, including their goalie. TA will have to play 4A next year. No longer an elite team

Is this the same goalie who is on the True National team or somebody different?

The True National Black Goalie is from Illinois. The Annapolis Goalie is very good too.

Both played on the national Black team. The kid from Illinois and the kid from Annapolis. If I am hearing correctly Hawks got 4 kids from TA, ProStart got 5 from TA, and Crabs got 1 from TA. Rumors is rumors though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the new teams Prostart and Rebels MD get enough kids to field teams at 2028?

Where are the kids from? I heard True Annapolis and sidewinders but my source is a 12 year old.

Since the vast majority of Sidewinders and TA kids are from north of Annapolis, where is ProStart practicing? I thought it was Edge Arena in Kent Island. Seems like a long haul 3-4x per week in the spring!

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Omitted words as it goes against our community standards
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team is going to Gain/Loose. As the kids get older they stop playing for the club rec teams because none of them have any idea what to do after the 8th grade year. In the next 2 years you will see most of the good ballers flock to the real club teams like 91, FCA, and true. The club/Rec teams will all fold. The BlueClaws is another good Club/rec team that will, in my opinion, fold or drop in level in the next 2 years.

No one is flocking to true

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since the vast majority of Sidewinders and TA kids are from north of Annapolis, where is ProStart practicing? I thought it was Edge Arena in Kent Island. Seems like a long haul 3-4x per week in the spring!

Yeah because every good program practices inside in the spring!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML’s roster is very stable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML picked up BLC's last remaining solid player. As has been discussed on the board, BLC grabbed two players from ML: 1 attack and one lefty attack/middie hybrid. The latter kid is better than the BLC add, but it looks like the final shakeup of BLC pre DCE is complete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML’s roster is very stable.

Nervous comment here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USCL put out their new rankings. I can't figure out why Venom remains so high. They lost at NAL and NLF, which are two of the bigger summer tournies. If I'm not mistaken, True also lost a few times this summer as well and it's not reflected in their record. Finally, ML beat 2Way (and Venom) and they haven't budged. As much as I detest to admit it, the Hawks should be #1 for consistently being the best team. ML should be #3 (maybe #2, but 3 is fair). Venom, if still a top 5 team, should be #5 after getting slapped around this summer.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USCL put out their new rankings. I can't figure out why Venom remains so high. They lost at NAL and NLF, which are two of the bigger summer tournies. If I'm not mistaken, True also lost a few times this summer as well and it's not reflected in their record. Finally, ML beat 2Way (and Venom) and they haven't budged. As much as I detest to admit it, the Hawks should be #1 for consistently being the best team. ML should be #3 (maybe #2, but 3 is fair). Venom, if still a top 5 team, should be #5 after getting slapped around this summer.

Maybe consistently losing to a Next Level team that MadLax--and the rankings--regard as vastly inferior is what's holding them down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe consistently losing to a Next Level team that MadLax--and the rankings--regard as vastly inferior is what's holding them down.

Venom was 1-1 v Hawks losing by 1. 1-1 v 2way also losing by 1. 0-1 v Madlax. Won every other game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML fixed its FO issues this summer. Lost a big one to BBL in OT after idiotic coaching and a good game vs. Hawks, but otherwise had a pretty solid summer. Trust me, we can't wait to play NL. I'm sure we will offer up a scrimmage before fall tournies, per the norm, and your coach will say "no" per the norm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML fixed its FO issues this summer. Lost a big one to BBL in OT after idiotic coaching and a good game vs. Hawks, but otherwise had a pretty solid summer. Trust me, we can't wait to play NL. I'm sure we will offer up a scrimmage before fall tournies, per the norm, and your coach will say "no" per the norm.

So the accusation is that NL dodges MadLax? That's interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Madlax fly in kids for the NL scrimmage?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talk to your coach. Offer has been made a lot of times. Never takes it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares who's #1 - nobody should. Consider who actually puts these out, how worthless they are and realize parents focus way too much on this. Bottom line is that if your kid is on a team that is competitive nationally they will get college coach exposure when the time comes. That's what this is all about in the end. Parental desire to put "My kid is on the #1 lacrosse team in the country" bumper stickers on their SUV and Minivans is what causes all of the detest and discontent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rankings are not objective as they claim to be. They are slanted towards marketing certain clubs.

They also are not very dynamic. Basically where you start in the fall - it’s really difficult to move very much in either direction more than a few places.

All that said, they aren’t as wildly wrong as people often say. By that I mean there are no teams ranked in the 30s who are actually top ten teams. It’s probably more accurate is you look at them as groupings of 1-10, 11-20 ,21-30 etc.

Lastly, the inclusion of national teams and regional teams with mystery and every changing rosters generally render trying to slot them worthless. Kids(parents) love posting the screenshots though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares who's #1 - nobody should. Consider who actually puts these out, how worthless they are and realize parents focus way too much on this. Bottom line is that if your kid is on a team that is competitive nationally they will get college coach exposure when the time comes. That's what this is all about in the end. Parental desire to put "My kid is on the #1 lacrosse team in the country" bumper stickers on their SUV and Minivans is what causes all of the detest and discontent.
This is very true. Those too 5 are pretty interchangeable. It just doesn’t matter.

But since we are on the topic smile. … 2Way will drop precipitously. They used the two best 2027 players from a very good 2Way 2027 team. They were “thinking about reclassing in the fall.” Ok right. Reclass and THEN play down. What a joke. So glad Madlax pasted them at NLF, doubles them up.
Hawks are super legit… don’t care why, holdbacks, whatever. They’re likely the best overall team. True, they just haven’t played a ton of games but they’re a good team of kids from all over.
Madlax has a D pole from TX who is legit. Fly in players, whatever, he has been playing with them since last fall and will likely continue to do so.it if teams have a player or two that travel in to play. As it is, this Madlax Cap team only lost 2 games this summer I believe… by one to the hawks, and by 3 to BBL. If the prev poster is right about “fixing the FOGO Issues” then they are the team to beat. They’ve been flat out dismal in that regard.
FCA. A good little team w good FOGO and goalie. And a good big Middie.
Crabs? To be seen how many 2027 kids dropped down but they have a ways to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML picked up BLC's last remaining solid player. As has been discussed on the board, BLC grabbed two players from ML: 1 attack and one lefty attack/middie hybrid. The latter kid is better than the BLC add, but it looks like the final shakeup of BLC pre DCE is complete.

ouch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is very true. Those too 5 are pretty interchangeable. It just doesn’t matter.

But since we are on the topic smile. … 2Way will drop precipitously. They used the two best 2027 players from a very good 2Way 2027 team. They were “thinking about reclassing in the fall.” Ok right. Reclass and THEN play down. What a joke. So glad Madlax pasted them at NLF, doubles them up.
Hawks are super legit… don’t care why, holdbacks, whatever. They’re likely the best overall team. True, they just haven’t played a ton of games but they’re a good team of kids from all over.
Madlax has a D pole from TX who is legit. Fly in players, whatever, he has been playing with them since last fall and will likely continue to do so.it if teams have a player or two that travel in to play. As it is, this Madlax Cap team only lost 2 games this summer I believe… by one to the hawks, and by 3 to BBL. If the prev poster is right about “fixing the FOGO Issues” then they are the team to beat. They’ve been flat out dismal in that regard.

ML parents.

Leaving out the team that consistently beats you in HoCo.

Enjoy the fly in kids. More are on the way. Hope your kid stays on the field(he probably won’t).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ML parents.

Enjoy the fly in kids. More are on the way. Hope your kid stays on the field(he probably won’t).
Who did NL beat this summer?? ANYONE? Nope.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ML parents.

HOCO!! yeah, that one game a week is such a great test. NL literally did not have a single solid win this summer. Lost all 7-8 games they played against top 10 teams. But hey, there’s always HoCo league in the spring

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML parents.

Enjoy the fly in kids. More are on the way. Hope your kid stays on the field(he probably won’t).[/quote]

HOCO!! yeah, that one game a week is such a great test. NL literally did not have a single solid win this summer. Lost all 7-8 games they played against top 10 teams. But hey, there’s always HoCo league in the spring[/quote]

I dunno, Madlax takes HoCo pretty seriously and looks back fondly at 3rd grade when they actually won.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ML parents.

too busy basking in the glory of their HoCo championship?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ML parents.

too busy basking in the glory of their HoCo championship?
Literally. Not a single legit win all summer. Lost all 7 games against top 20 teams from around the country. But hey, they won their Rec league in the spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound salty about not winning the red league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo = Irrelevant! Unless ML wins it. In which case, "Predicts National #1"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s unreal how these madlax parents are.

Then again to put up with that coach and his shenanigans takes a special level of strangeness.

So I suppose it all checks out.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Omitted words as it goes against our community standards
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are any teams around the area participating in the World Series Championship?

Spare me the vitriol from holdback parents on how the event is terrible please.

My kid is on age and wants to play and his team isn’t going to. So I’m asking around for options.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid is on age and wants to play and his team isn’t going to. So I’m asking around for options.

Can someone here please explain or post the rules? Who is eligible and how are teams formed? My boy is 12, April 2010 birthday. Can he play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All players must be born on or after 9/1/2009 for the 13U division. Birth certificate or Passport submission will be required by each player, All players must reside within 100 miles of the home field/HQ of their program
Players will be required to submit a current academic year report card/school identification card or comparable proof of residency
Clubs are able to host a tryout to form their teams and select players as long as they are not current members with another program participating in the LWSC
Partnerships or alliances between two or more clubs to create a team is not permitted
All roster eligibility rules will be enforced at the discretion of the Lacrosse World Series Championship
No double rostering is allowed
Roster size will be capped at 30 total players with a max of 28 field players and minimum of 2 goalies at all times
Both goalies do not have to physically participate in the Regional Qualifier but both need to regularly play within your club or organization and will be held to the same roster eligibility standards as other players
Total roster size can not exceed 30 players
The only permitted roster modification after submission of the final roster will be the replacement of an injured goalie with another goalie pending a written request and approval
Copies of birth certificates, proof of residency (report card or school identification card from current academic year & valid parent Driver’s License) verification of health insurance accepted in the United States and waiver forms must be submitted prior to participating in a regional qualifier
Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated plus forfeit any opportunity to advance to the playoffs and forfeit any accolades or titles received by the team
Any team that forfeits a game during the tournament will be ineligible to advance to the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can someone here please explain or post the rules? Who is eligible and how are teams formed? My boy is 12, April 2010 birthday. Can he play?

Any player born on September 1, 2009 or after is eligible to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All players must be born on or after 9/1/2009 for the 13U division. Birth certificate or Passport submission will be required by each player, All players must reside within 100 miles of the home field/HQ of their program
Players will be required to submit a current academic year report card/school identification card or comparable proof of residency
Clubs are able to host a tryout to form their teams and select players as long as they are not current members with another program participating in the LWSC
Partnerships or alliances between two or more clubs to create a team is not permitted
All roster eligibility rules will be enforced at the discretion of the Lacrosse World Series Championship
Roster size will be capped at 30 total players with a max of 28 field players and minimum of 2 goalies at all times
Both goalies do not have to physically participate in the Regional Qualifier but both need to regularly play within your club or organization and will be held to the same roster eligibility standards as other players
The only permitted roster modification after submission of the final roster will be the replacement of an injured goalie with another goalie pending a written request and approval
Copies of birth certificates, proof of residency (report card or school identification card from current academic year & valid parent Driver’s License) verification of health insurance accepted in the United States and waiver forms must be submitted prior to participating in a regional qualifier
Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated plus forfeit any opportunity to advance to the playoffs and forfeit any accolades or titles received by the team
Any team that forfeits a game during the tournament will be ineligible to advance to the playoffs.

Zero local clubs would be able to participate under this set up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Annapolis participated last year by having an open tryout to fill out the roster. I'd expect they'd do the same this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Annapolis participated last year by having an open tryout to fill out the roster. I'd expect they'd do the same this year.

Are only registered lacrosse clubs eligible? Or can a school, a parent, or a group of parents--without club involvement--bring together a group of players from several different local clubs to form a team? The rules appear ambiguous on this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone can make a team of random kids as long as they play two tournaments, qualify for the event and meet the 100 miles stipulation.

I think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone can make a team of random kids as long as they play two tournaments, qualify for the event and meet the 100 miles stipulation.

I think.
I don’t think thisnis correct. Cannot pool together kids from two different teams per the pasted rules above… “kids need to play regularly within your club”

“Partnerships and alliances not allowed”

But I suspect they’ll be lenient, as it’s a money grab

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can as long as they form a new team name and play in two tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can absolutely pull kids from multiple programs to form a team. Team PA and Team Mass did this last year I believe.

Like Reply Quote
Page 127 of 132 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 131 132
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard