BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19
Re: Boys 2025-10th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So that comment means there are only 25-30 good lacrosse players on two teams on Long Island?
There's probably at least double that amount, maybe as many as 70-75 in this age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG is done.

Seems like FLG is becoming more of a media company than a travel lax program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So that comment means there are only 25-30 good lacrosse players on two teams on Long Island?
There's probably at least double that amount, maybe as many as 70-75 in this age group.
There are about 400 kids from LI playing travel right now. 10% if that, will go on to play at the next level in any division, including club, yet we all, my self included, pay 5k for travel since 4th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are about 400 kids from LI playing travel right now. 10% if that, will go on to play at the next level in any division, including club, yet we all, my self included, pay 5k for travel since 4th grade.
We do it for the kids lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think more than 40 will find a place to play in college. Now, if you are talking D1, that’s different. Other than that, there are plenty of schools and lacrosse opportunities for lots of other kids. Great opportunities at great schools with great academic opportunities. Lacrosse does open all kinds of doors.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think more than 40 will find a place to play in college. Now, if you are talking D1, that’s different. Other than that, there are plenty of schools and lacrosse opportunities for lots of other kids. Great opportunities at great schools with great academic opportunities. Lacrosse does open all kinds of doors.

Anyone who plays HS and club lacrosse in Long Island can play college lacrosse. There are over 250 D3 teams and the top LI high school teams would beat the bottom 50. Kids may not want to play college lax but they could if they wanted to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seeing a lot highlights form this class, which is great. Kids love it, let them have their fun posting it etc. it is good practice for next years highlight film.

Great informational video below for when you want to created one that will actually be sent to a coach.

https://youtu.be/7gpBSS-bO64

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who are the better teams/programs for the upcoming season? Who actually improved? They all say they did but did they?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2021, 2022 & 2023 classes all have more 70 Long Island kids playing or committed to play at the D1 level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2021, 2022 & 2023 classes all have more 70 Long Island kids playing or committed to play at the D1 level
Of those committed and/or playing, I'd be interested to know the rate of attrition specifically related to lacrosse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They better commit to their studies because Lax is not going to be a way to make a living and support a family. Wake up laxaholics...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who are the better teams/programs for the upcoming season? Who actually improved? They all say they did but did they?

A teams or B teams?

A teams at this stage only get better by adding top talent from other regions or a top player at another club, because he flips for whatever reason. As for the B teams, they always pick up players and this year with all the change between the igloo, FLG and the vipers, plus the absorbing of Jokers and 24, a lot of movement. But is any B team becoming an A team…NO. Hasn’t happened in history. The only way B teams become A teams is over a number years, not overnight. If I took 3-5 players from 5-7 B teams, I think I could form a decent A team. In fact, two great examples of B teams growing into A teams just concluded their club careers. 91 Warriors and 91 Moran were fantastic teams with fantastic coaches. I guess that’s the common thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A teams or B teams?

A teams at this stage only get better by adding top talent from other regions or a top player at another club, because he flips for whatever reason. As for the B teams, they always pick up players and this year with all the change between the igloo, FLG and the vipers, plus the absorbing of Jokers and 24, a lot of movement. But is any B team becoming an A team…NO. Hasn’t happened in history. The only way B teams become A teams is over a number years, not overnight. If I took 3-5 players from 5-7 B teams, I think I could form a decent A team. In fact, two great examples of B teams growing into A teams just concluded their club careers. 91 Warriors and 91 Moran were fantastic teams with fantastic coaches. I guess that’s the common thread.
Quite a few B teams improved because there was so much movement. Some the the A team pretenders, Igloo, Rebels, stayed the same and even lost some better players. Teams on the cusp, S2S, Legacy were happy to take some decent players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Exp B kept their best players and upgraded whatever they got rid of. They are probably one of those A-team Cusp teams. ECC is getting better too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express B kept their best players because they have really good coaching. Families don’t leave situations like that too often. The teams that seem to be unable to retain their players are usually the teams with inadequate coaching. People know who those teams are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express B kept their best players because they have really good coaching. Families don’t leave situations like that too often. The teams that seem to be unable to retain their players are usually the teams with inadequate coaching. People know who those teams are.

The team is run by dad coaches and in this case it works. They are very organized, know what they are doing and are great communicators. You get a lot of lax and all the players and families get along. Oh yeah and the team is good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played them 2x and lost both. The coaches arent "Yellers" and there at least seems to be pretty good chemistry. They have "Lacrosse players" at every level on the field. Its not just 1 or 2 kids. Good for them. Wish other teams would follow their lead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok express parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok express parent

Lol, what team is your son on? Because the best B teams or 2nd tier teams on island are Express and ECE. 91 is a good team as well but had a very large roster and didn’t hold tryouts. So don’t know what’s up there. Rebels can compete with these teams as well and people seem happy there. Apart from that it’s hard to tell how these teams will look. Lotsa rumors about the Turtles and players leaving but I am sure they are fine, legrush white has a team, but don’t know if it’s stand alone or mixed, plus Legacy East plans on its own 2025 team with the 24 breakup. My guess is Rush is kicking themselves for that deal they made to combine 2025s. What it all means…nothing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Id love to see ECE , Express or any other good "B team" play Igloo, Regulators, Rebels

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHY?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cmon ' man you never gonna see that. Those teams get spanked by the "B" teams and they may as well fold. The risk/reward has zero upside for the 'A" team. ECE would rock all thoser teams listed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cmon ' man you never gonna see that. Those teams get spanked by the "B" teams and they may as well fold. The risk/reward has zero upside for the 'A" team. ECE would rock all thoser teams listed

Rush directors must love seeing ECE success. Decent teams. Only criticism is they aren’t a travel program, unless travel to Nassau fits that definition. The model is designed that way. But ultimately you have to leave LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No real travel program plays in the Long Ireland tournament .ECE couldn’t even get the rebels to buy them. Director was a soccer player propped up by good assistants for a long time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ECE would destroy Rebels regardless of the tournament name

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how many kids are the hornets carrying?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Id love to see ECE , Express or any other good "B team" play Igloo, Regulators, Rebels

They're all B teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're all B teams

Lol. Regulators and Rebels might be AA, but would easily handle any B team. B teams still have kids that can’t catch and throw, dodge with their head down, and are smaller or not physical enough to compete. That’s the difference. And Igloo has no business every playing a B team. They are AA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regulators, Igloo and rebels would beat B teams by a lot of goals. There is a massive difference in AA (even on the lower end) and a B team. Also the rebels seem to really have some recruiting connections. They have been crushing it with commitments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they would never agree to play ECE or EXP B. why would they? So they can get crushed on this board after losing? Move on Aint happening

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If ECE and Express B are so strong maybe you should request to play at tournaments in Delaware such as the NAL in November. Igloo Northface , Express CoachC, 91 shock , prime time, BBL, leading edge, VLC, DC express sweet lax etc etc all played in it last year and most likely all will again this year. There is no A and B bracket designation. See how you do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If ECE and Express B are so strong maybe you should request to play at tournaments in Delaware such as the NAL in November. Igloo Northface , Express CoachC, 91 shock , prime time, BBL, leading edge, VLC, DC express sweet lax etc etc all played in it last year and most likely all will again this year. There is no A and B bracket designation. See how you do.

ECE doesn’t leave the island that is their model.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is always the LI Summer Showdown. Rebels regulators and legacy also took part in that with igloo express 91 etc A teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ECE at this age couldn’t even maintain a team 2 years ago how good can they be I never heard them beat anyone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ECE doesn’t leave the island that is their model.[/quote]

Lax has truly become a national sport and most of the best tournaments are not on Long Island anymore. But if their model is to stay local, play local and only college recruit local then I suppose that’s a model to try

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lax has truly become a national sport and most of the best tournaments are not on Long Island anymore. But if their model is to stay local, play local and only college recruit local then I suppose that’s a model to try[/quote]

It is okay for up to high school. From HS up you should look at fitting tourneys off the island. But they also tout as low cost club as well. Which is fine, because everything is so expensive these days. All in all, I would say great club for up to middle school and then you should pivot to more recruiting focused club, if that’s your sons desire. Otherwise stay put.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lax has truly become a national sport and most of the best tournaments are not on Long Island anymore. But if their model is to stay local, play local and only college recruit local then I suppose that’s a model to try

It is okay for up to high school. From HS up you should look at fitting tourneys off the island. But they also tout as low cost club as well. Which is fine, because everything is so expensive these days. All in all, I would say great club for up to middle school and then you should pivot to more recruiting focused club, if that’s your sons desire. Otherwise stay put.[/quote]

This is a very reasonable take, Travel lacrosse has exploded in recent years, as have travel sports in general. It is not just limited to the best lax player in town who can go D1. Many kids just like to play lax, and the spring town season or HS season (depending on age) is rather short given weather limitations, etc. Its also a great way to occupy kids during the late spring/early summer when the kid may be otherwise in the basement playing x-box, or running around town with bad kids. The expense of travel lax, for many families, is just a substitute for other monies that would be spent at theme parks, extra vacations, yankees games, or whatever else would happen if the kids weren't at practice and/or tournaments. ECE's stay local/charge less model is probably a good way to accomplish a lot of these goals, but at a lower buy in. Also, remember that this is an eastern LI club, and for them to just get off the island is a haul.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ECE at this age couldn’t even maintain a team 2 years ago how good can they be I never heard them beat anyone

They are 2nd tier that found a niche in the market. There is plenty of room for next level clubs. People do prefer being on the top team vs a big club 2nd team. For example, I know people prefer playing on a team like the turtles because that is their one team. But they are a B team competition wise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express added some of the better players from teams on this level. I am pretty sure they added from Rebels, True Blue. and FLG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who even are the B teams these days? Which ones resemble good lacrosse?

Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard