BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 79 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 78 79
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do the Hero's additions push them up into the Top 3 this year? Does Skywalkers continue to get better and better with a strong summer? How long before Crush implodes?
Not sure about Crush “ imploding”, but I do know they got stronger!

They still aren't close to beating M&D, Coppermine or MDU. Keep trying though.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the Hero's additions push them up into the Top 3 this year? Does Skywalkers continue to get better and better with a strong summer? How long before Crush implodes?
Not sure about Crush “ imploding”, but I do know they got stronger!

They still aren't close to beating M&D, Coppermine or MDU. Keep trying though.
Wow, the poster didn't state anything about beating M&D, Coppermine or MDU...only stated that they think they got stronger. I think a few teams got stronger by adding top players from lower level teams. Should make for an interesting Spring season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"They still aren't close to beating M&D, Coppermine or MDU. Keep trying though."

No dog in the fight, but they literally tied Coppermine in LLL.
Lost to MDU TWICE by one goal.

I think a little reality check is in order.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"They still aren't close to beating M&D, Coppermine or MDU. Keep trying though."

Didn't Crush lose by a good amount to Coppermine in the Championship at Summer Genesis Origins?

The Top teams all took the top 1-3 players from lower level A/top B teams to get better. So the top teams all got better while weakening a lot of the lower level teams in NGLL A and top ones in B.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush has also won against M&D, Eaglestix, and Aces. It's incorrect to say they can't beat top teams. If anything, you might argue they are inconsistent. But as others have pointed out, there are new players on all the teams. And this year is a big age for growth and development for all girls, so we may see some players come out stronger this year, while others level off.

Does seem likely the top 5 will continue to trade wins and losses, and you may be able to add Skywalkers to the mix. Though things are still lopsided (as PP pointed out, low level A and B teams lost important players) at least there are 4-6 competitive teams, as opposed to other age groups that have 2 or 3 consistently sitting at the top.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But the inconsistency of Crush is the issue.Silly. New players on a team mean nothing. The track record of the team with the same players is what matters so it is Aces. The argument of on the come usually results in disappointment. Best teams keep playing year in and year out with an addition or two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any movement between A and B teams? Will Limelight and Stars drop to B and will Hero's White and CCLax move up to A?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any movement between A and B teams? Will Limelight and Stars drop to B and will Hero's White and CCLax move up to A?

I believe CCLax has to move to A with them winning B. They won't win a game in A. Hero's White should stay in B.

Limelight and Stars belong more in B but hard to move back from A. Stars 2 best players left this summer and moved to top 5 Maryland teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cclax will definitely move up as winners of B bracket, but they will fare no better than stars or limelight did last year. I don't think stars and limelight can move down. The 27s had 15 teams in A. If that is the case, stars and limelight will have to stay in A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe CCLax has to move to A with them winning B. They won't win a game in A. Hero's White should stay in B.

Limelight and Stars belong more in B but hard to move back from A. Stars 2 best players left this summer and moved to top 5 Maryland teams.

CClax will not be winless in A. They played well at the end of the year including tying HOCO and beating Stars twice. Those two teams lost multiple players where CClax did not lose anyone. They will not challenge the top 5/6 but will be in the mix with all the teams after that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CClax will not be winless in A. They played well at the end of the year including tying HOCO and beating Stars twice. Those two teams lost multiple players where CClax did not lose anyone. They will not challenge the top 5/6 but will be in the mix with all the teams after that.

Don't see them beating Pride or maybe Next Level but they could sneak in some wins against those teams mentioned. I'm guessing HOCO lost players to Hero's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what's going on with NEMS? All of their older teams are in the A league....will they try to get back in the A?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there are 15 like the 27s had last year I don't think anyone can move down. Even with cclax moving up as the B winner there still needs to be 2 more teams added.

1. M&D
2. Coppermine
3. MD United
4. Heros Green
5. Crush
6. Skywalkers
7. Next Level
8. Pride
9. Hoco
10. FCA
11. Stars
12. Limelight
13. Cclax

Nems went 4-4 in B, so it won't be them. Heros white went 8-0, Coppermine Blue went 7-1, and Renegades went 6-2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its likely Hero's White who will move up. Ideally its an even number anyways, so 7 in a division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there are 15 like the 27s had last year I don't think anyone can move down. Even with cclax moving up as the B winner there still needs to be 2 more teams added.

1. M&D
2. Coppermine
3. MD United
4. Heros Green
5. Crush
6. Skywalkers
7. Next Level
8. Pride
9. Hoco
10. FCA
11. Stars
12. Limelight
13. Cclax

Nems went 4-4 in B, so it won't be them. Heros white went 8-0, Coppermine Blue went 7-1, and Renegades went 6-2.

All 3 of those B teams lost players in some fashion, but Hero's White may be the best option to move to A. Renegades lost several players to M&D. NEMS and Integrity wouldn't move up, so out of default Hero's white as don't see Coppermine Blue moving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. M&D
2. Coppermine
3. MD United
4. Heros Green
5. Crush
6. Skywalkers
7. Next Level
8. Pride
9. Hoco
10. FCA
11. Stars
12. Limelight
13. Cclax

All 3 of those B teams lost players in some fashion, but Hero's White may be the best option to move to A. Renegades lost several players to M&D. NEMS and Integrity wouldn't move up, so out of default Hero's white as don't see Coppermine Blue moving.

Yes, all of those teams lost players, as well as stars, and fca. But if the formula stays in place for a 6 team play off, 2 more teams need to join A and no one can drop back

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. M&D
2. Coppermine
3. MD United
4. Heros Green
5. Crush
6. Skywalkers
7. Next Level
8. Pride
9. Hoco
10. FCA
11. Stars
12. Limelight
13. Cclax

Doubting there is requirement to get to a certain number of teams in "A", 2027 that's just how it worked out. I think Heros White and Coppermine Blue both stay to have representation in both "A" and "B" for those two clubs. CcLax will be fine in "A" and competitive in most games. They can beat any of the teams outside of the top 6 listed here and be competitive enough with the top 6 to produce some good games there too, maybe even score an upset or two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Doubting there is requirement to get to a certain number of teams in "A", 2027 that's just how it worked out. I think Heros White and Coppermine Blue both stay to have representation in both "A" and "B" for those two clubs. CcLax will be fine in "A" and competitive in most games. They can beat any of the teams outside of the top 6 listed here and be competitive enough with the top 6 to produce some good games there too, maybe even score an upset or two.[/quote]

I don't think they will be any better than any of the other 6-9 teams. They tied hoco and next level and lost to FCA this summer. The only A team they beat was stars. So they will be right there in the middle of the pack group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. M&D
2. Coppermine
3. MD United
4. Heros Green
5. Crush
6. Skywalkers
7. Next Level
8. Pride
9. Hoco
10. FCA
11. Stars
12. Limelight
13. Cclax

Doubting there is requirement to get to a certain number of teams in "A", 2027 that's just how it worked out. I think Heros White and Coppermine Blue both stay to have representation in both "A" and "B" for those two clubs. CcLax will be fine in "A" and competitive in most games. They can beat any of the teams outside of the top 6 listed here and be competitive enough with the top 6 to produce some good games there too, maybe even score an upset or two.

We will see how this ages. I don't see CClax coming within 5 goals of any of the Top 6 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. M&D
2. Coppermine
3. MD United
4. Heros Green
5. Crush
6. Skywalkers
7. Next Level
8. Pride
9. Hoco
10. FCA
11. Stars
12. Limelight
13. Cclax

We will see how this ages. I don't see CClax coming within 5 goals of any of the Top 6 teams.

Agreed. Perhaps more likely that one of the middle teams (NL, Pride, etc.) could make a close game with one of the Top 6. I don't see CClax doing that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stars just got some new payers that will put the in the top 5.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you might be on the wrong thread. The stars 27s got players from Pride and BLC. The 28s lost players. So any players they added would have put them back where they started.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you might be on the wrong thread. The stars 27s got players from Pride and BLC. The 28s lost players. So any players they added would have put them back where they started.

Can't imagine stars going back to where they started with losing top players. They may go winless in NGLL A in the spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stars 2028 will win a lot more than they will loose this season. They will be sneaky good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stars 2028 will win a lot more than they will loose this season. They will be sneaky good.
The same can be said of NEMS!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Must be a Washington Commanders fan with all the offseason optimism and then hopes are dashed once the season starts. Stars will be thankful if they can beat a B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any news or updates on final rosters for MDU, Crush, Skywalkers or Coppermine? Seems like only M&D and Hero's seem to be updated. What A teams will be at the Indoor Championships?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't see them beating Pride or maybe Next Level but they could sneak in some wins against those teams mentioned. I'm guessing HOCO lost players to Hero's?

Next level got gutted in tryouts. If they stay in A, they won't win a game.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next level got gutted in tryouts. If they stay in A, they won't win a game.

Where did they all go, Hero's? Sounds like quite a few of last year's lower A teams will be even worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Problem with the 2028s, there is such a seperation from top teams to everyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must be a 2028 problem, and nothing to do with age, maturity, growth or peaking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Problem with the 2028s, there is such a seperation from top teams to everyone else.

Actually it's pretty good that there are basically 6 top teams that can compete with each other. Yes, the lower A/top B teams can't compete and the gap is wide, but other years like the 27s has maybe 2-3 top teams. The 28s have more talent than the 27s from what has been seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really hard to compare one grad year to the next but I disagree.

The 2027 age has three elite local teams, but 4-10 are much much stronger than the the 6-11 group at the 2028.

There's 4 2028 teams where you could say are more dominant than their 2027 counterparts, Coppermine, Crush, MDU, SW.

BLC, LBC, Integrity, NEMS, M&D, Heros, all more dominant than 2028 teams. (BLC LBC NEMS all unusually strong at 2027 for those clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2027 age has three elite local teams, but 4-10 are much much stronger than the the 6-11 group at the 2028.

There's 4 2028 teams where you could say are more dominant than their 2027 counterparts, Coppermine, Crush, MDU, SW.

BLC, LBC, Integrity, NEMS, M&D, Heros, all more dominant than 2028 teams. (BLC LBC NEMS all unusually strong at 2027 for those clubs.
I don't follow the 2027 teams, which is the basis for the following questions. What is the bases for your declaration? Is it based on win/loss records? Do you think the 2027 4 - 10 rated teams appear better because they only play 3 strong teams compared to the 2028 6 - 11 rated teams playing 5 strong teams?

I think it is difficult to compare two separate age groups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't follow the 2027 teams, which is the basis for the following questions. What is the bases for your declaration? Is it based on win/loss records? Do you think the 2027 4 - 10 rated teams appear better because they only play 3 strong teams compared to the 2028 6 - 11 rated teams playing 5 strong teams?

I think it is difficult to compare two separate age groups.

Not PP but I think it just comes down to the fact that in the 2028 year talent is more spread out. There has been a lot of parity between top 5 teams. Each team has a few really stand out players and then a lot of very good players. With that many competitive teams, there's a lot more room for players who range from good to very good on low A and B teams to keep shifting up.

In the 2027 year, many of the best players have converged in 2 (maybe 3) teams, so you have these super teams that are hard to consistently beat, and then there's everyone else. Even NEMS which PP said is unusually strong at 2027 just lost top 3 players to M&D. That hasn't happened at this year so far.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not PP but I think it just comes down to the fact that in the 2028 year talent is more spread out. There has been a lot of parity between top 5 teams. Each team has a few really stand out players and then a lot of very good players. With that many competitive teams, there's a lot more room for players who range from good to very good on low A and B teams to keep shifting up.

In the 2027 year, many of the best players have converged in 2 (maybe 3) teams, so you have these super teams that are hard to consistently beat, and then there's everyone else. Even NEMS which PP said is unusually strong at 2027 just lost top 3 players to M&D. That hasn't happened at this year so far.[/quote]

And, Ideally that doesn't happen. 6 top teams in high school competing against each other will draw the same college coach recruiting crowd as 3 super teams and It will grow the game and keep the competition level high. Some of those Lower A players that had room to move up this year will develop with the access to playing against and with better competition. There hopefully won't be the need for people to jump ship if their team and club continue to improve. That is how the game grows.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"In the 2027 year, many of the best players have converged in 2 (maybe 3) teams, so you have these super teams that are hard to consistently beat, and then there's everyone else. Even NEMS which PP said is unusually strong at 2027 just lost top 3 players to M&D. That hasn't happened at this year so far."

Plenty of very good players all over in the 2027 age (and 2028). I think people just assume the top teams are loaded top to bottom, but that's not the case. There's a few elite players that make the difference. Case in Point, NEMS 2027, who finished #21 nationally, just had 3 girls make M&D.

Every year the gap closes between those top teams and middle of the pack teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"In the 2027 year, many of the best players have converged in 2 (maybe 3) teams, so you have these super teams that are hard to consistently beat, and then there's everyone else. Even NEMS which PP said is unusually strong at 2027 just lost top 3 players to M&D. That hasn't happened at this year so far."

Plenty of very good players all over in the 2027 age (and 2028). I think people just assume the top teams are loaded top to bottom, but that's not the case. There's a few elite players that make the difference. Case in Point, NEMS 2027, who finished #21 nationally, just had 3 girls make M&D.

Definitely not saying that there aren't plenty of very good players - only that many of those "elite" players who are difference makers have gravitated towards a smaller number of teams in the 2027 year than in the 2028 year (so far). The NEMS players moving to M&D illustrates this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely not saying that there aren't plenty of very good players - only that many of those "elite" players who are difference makers have gravitated towards a smaller number of teams in the 2027 year than in the 2028 year (so far). The NEMS players moving to M&D illustrates this point.

From the 28 teams, I don't think that same movement will occur. There's probably only a few question marks on MDU and Crush and if their top players stay or make a move next summer. The rest seem to plan to stay at their current club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be interesting to see if some girls don't move from M&D Heros if they aren't the big fish they were at other clubs. Remember the NEMS players left just weeks ago. Who knows if this happens at 2028s next season. I think you'll see some seperation at 2028 amongst those top-5.

Like Reply Quote
Page 22 of 79 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard