BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19
Re: Boys 2025-10th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes they do... Their B team is called "The A team"

Call is what you want. They have one team going forward at this level. That comes directly from families.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. The LI UA team had a bunch of 2026s mixed in with the 25s playing against regions with holdbacks and even some double holdbacks. Not complaining, its just the truth. The LI 2023/24 team went 4-1. For the 25/26s, it wasn't about favors, propping up organizational kids, or the talent level of LI vs the rest of the country. It was a relatively young team that was severely shorthanded due to injuries.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. The LI UA team had a bunch of 2026s mixed in with the 25s playing against regions with holdbacks and even some double holdbacks. Not complaining, its just the truth. The LI 2023/24 team went 4-1. For the 25/26s, it wasn't about favors, propping up organizational kids, or the talent level of LI vs the rest of the country. It was a relatively young team that was severely shorthanded due to injuries.
They went 0-5 which is embarrassing, maybe next time don’t let the same people run the selection process because they did a terrible job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of kids didn’t even tryout. Summer is packed with so many different events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They went 0-5 which is embarrassing, maybe next time don’t let the same people run the selection process because they did a terrible job.

The best 2025s apparently didn’t tryout from looking at the roster. So they picked the best players from who came to tryouts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What all the buzz these days about tryouts? Whos doing what?

Not a lot happened on A teams. Some 2nd tier teams still having supplementals.not a lot will change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You may find it embarrassing, but those kids still made a team that you wouldn’t have made when you were 15. So they’re still way ahead of you. How embarrassing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where can we see the roster?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the Command team at UA? We’re they outcoached or overmatched?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many supplemental tryouts this season. So glad my sons doesn’t have them. I think that supplementals based on experience could mean the team is short and looking players. I would make sure you ask your club NOW about your sons roster. You definitely don’t want to show up in Sept at the first practice with 16 kids and one goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many supplemental tryouts this season. So glad my sons doesn’t have them. I think that supplementals based on experience could mean the team is short and looking players. I would make sure you ask your club NOW about your sons roster. You definitely don’t want to show up in Sept at the first practice with 16 kids and one goalie.

Usually means greedy club owners looking for more money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Usually means greedy club owners looking for more money.

I disagree. I am of the opinion those teams can potentially turn in Igloo B, True Blue B and Legrush White from last season. All of those situations were not good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams looking to fill out B teams and potentially add an A player. Some 91 kids already looking to jump ship as they just keep adding out of state kids that only show up at tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams looking to fill out B teams and potentially add an A player. Some 91 kids already looking to jump ship as they just keep adding out of state kids that only show up at tournaments
All the teams are looking to add the "national designation" some will be successful some will not. Just more of the same [Censored] see, [Censored] do in the world of LI youth lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or you'll find out they have 30 kids and 3 goalies and they'll "figure" out a way to make it work. In other words, they'll take every last dollar that signs up and hope people don't complain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or you'll find out they have 30 kids and 3 goalies and they'll "figure" out a way to make it work. In other words, they'll take every last dollar that signs up and hope people don't complain.

Yeah, but that’s on the parent before you commit. Ask those questions and get some transparency before that first practice. We post about all the pain points of club lax here. Simple ask the club, what’s the commuted roster size, please confirm it will not grow if set, if not, what’s the plan if we only have 15 kids, will you bring in guest players, how many kids are rostered in my sons position, etc etc etc. They all have phones and email like we all do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, but that’s on the parent before you commit. Ask those questions and get some transparency before that first practice. We post about all the pain points of club lax here. Simple ask the club, what’s the commuted roster size, please confirm it will not grow if set, if not, what’s the plan if we only have 15 kids, will you bring in guest players, how many kids are rostered in my sons position, etc etc etc. They all have phones and email like we all do.
Has anyone ever gotten an honest answer from a club owner. Bait and switch is common practice. Rosters changed, positions moved, less practices, coaching shortages and changes. There is little recourse once the payment is made. Most families do not have the financial means to swallow the loss and move clubs. You're typically stuck to ride out the year. I just spoke to a parent who felt they lost almost two years with a program getting bashed on here. They finally moved to another club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there now a 3rd Express team n the 2025s?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there now a 3rd Express team n the 2025s?

I heard they may. But Email and ask them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any advice for missing hs games for elite club games and how to best message? Tips and cautionary tales appreciated.

Don't do it. School ball ALWAYS comes first
The MUCH larger question is why is a club even trying to make this conflict happen? There is ZERO reason to be playing anything club during the HS season.

Clubs have all summer, fall ball and in some cases winter ball. No reason any club should be asking their kids to miss HS practice or games for club sports. None.
So they can charge you 5k for year round training. Completely unnecessary. Most of them are multi sport athletes and have no time fall/winter to practice. Maybe something before the spring season/tryouts kick in. Once hs season starts they're practicing/playing 6 days per week. Enough already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels B team is good program. The coaches are TOP NOTCH guys and the team is improving. Too bad the rest of the program doesnt follow their lead.

But that is what is most important to the kids these days. They didn’t add anybody. I heard few FLG players might have went. But FLG wasn’t good anymore which is why they folded the boys program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels B team is good program. The coaches are TOP NOTCH guys and the team is improving. Too bad the rest of the program doesnt follow their lead.

But that is what is most important to the kids these days. They didn’t add anybody. I heard few FLG players might have went. But FLG wasn’t good anymore which is why they folded the boys program.
What is going on at FLG. Have they folded the boys programs entirely, it wasn't so long ago they had some very good older players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THey added 4 or 5 new kids There was minor movement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any advice for missing hs games for elite club games and how to best message? Tips and cautionary tales appreciated.

Don't do it. School ball ALWAYS comes first
The MUCH larger question is why is a club even trying to make this conflict happen? There is ZERO reason to be playing anything club during the HS season.

Clubs have all summer, fall ball and in some cases winter ball. No reason any club should be asking their kids to miss HS practice or games for club sports. None.
Here's the problem with HS lacrosse. There are only a handful of A programs on Long Island, maybe 6 or 7 teams and that is being generous. A good portion of those A players will attend either Chaminade or St. Anthony's. The rest of that pool of players is spread across literally dozens of other school districts in Nassau and Suffolk counties. You end up with a few A players at each school and the rest of the roster is B players or non-club. The overall talent on your average HS team is so low, even at the varsity level, that the games are unwatchable. Obviously there a small handful of exceptions where the school has a bunch of really good players and a good coach, but few and far between.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG is done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG is done.

That’s unfortunate. Aside from club teams, they had some great off seasonal training programs that all my kids benefited from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FLG folded.. rebels red hawks staff does a great job and added pieces. The whole program supports the teams including the 2nd teams.. that’s important

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Redhawks decent. Team improved over the course of the season. Their "A" team tho? Not so much. A complete 180 and they are losing kids left and right. Chrome is tarnished

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Red Hawks got the coaching right. Kids enjoy being part of that team. That’s the difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG is done.
do turtles still have a 2025 team? heard they lost their only 2 good players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG is done.

Yes they have a team. Yes they lost their better players. The problem was parents thought they were an A team and they blamed injuries and lost in B brackets. . They finished their schedule early and didn’t practice more than 4 times.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Red Hawks got the coaching right. Kids enjoy being part of that team. That’s the difference.

Sigh…okay. Did they absorb 24 East or was it Leagcy. That is the latest rumor

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sigh…okay. Did they absorb 24 East or was it Leagcy. That is the latest rumor

Hearing a bit of both, but believe most of us are heading to the Rebels for tryouts this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG is done.

Yes they have a team. Yes they lost their better players. The problem was parents thought they were an A team and they blamed injuries and lost in B brackets. . They finished their schedule early and didn’t practice more than 4 times.

Where did those better players go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG is done.
A lot of unhappy players & parents from that '25 FLG team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG is done.
Saw the decline over the years. Have an older one who played for them and great experience. They seem to have turned their attention to other things related to lacrosse instead of teams and training. The whole club scene has changed dramatically in the last few years, and not in a good way. The goal wasn't always recruitment or bust, now every A team has you believing and paying for it.

Players are leaving the program in droves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG is done.

Where did those better players go?

Legrush

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG is done.
Saw the decline over the years. Have an older one who played for them and great experience. They seem to have turned their attention to other things related to lacrosse instead of teams and training. The whole club scene has changed dramatically in the last few years, and not in a good way. The goal wasn't always recruitment or bust, now every A team has you believing and paying for it.

Players are leaving the program in droves.

They shut the boys program down, which is why players are looking for teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So that comment means there are only 25-30 good lacrosse players on two teams on Long Island?

Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard