BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 71 of 220 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do they expect a large turnout for their new teams for 2021? My daughter plans on trying out for this group and I am hoping its very competitive. Do they expect a smaller turnout because of the East Meadow soccer tournament?

I would expect them to easily field two teams at that age as they have in the past. This years 2020 group was very good but started out with many players who were on black 2019 the year before as well as some purple players. For this year I think there are several kids who played up a year, who will be sliding down to their own age. Several players played up for the purple team who should have a decent shot at black and I think there was one player on black 2020 who will be moving to 2021. All that said, the talent always seems to show up for this club for the first year. The TG may not host 5 teams for the age group, but they will put together a competitive black team.

Lots of movement from 2020 Black few from that team going over to YJ. Team tired one or two players going to goal mentality and real tired of the Huntington loud mouth daddys who just never shut up!

BYE BYE & good luck! We'll be seeing ya on YJ 3rd, 4th or 5th 2020 team!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do they expect a large turnout for their new teams for 2021? My daughter plans on trying out for this group and I am hoping its very competitive. Do they expect a smaller turnout because of the East Meadow soccer tournament?

I would expect them to easily field two teams at that age as they have in the past. This years 2020 group was very good but started out with many players who were on black 2019 the year before as well as some purple players. For this year I think there are several kids who played up a year, who will be sliding down to their own age. Several players played up for the purple team who should have a decent shot at black and I think there was one player on black 2020 who will be moving to 2021. All that said, the talent always seems to show up for this club for the first year. The TG may not host 5 teams for the age group, but they will put together a competitive black team.

Lots of movement from 2020 Black few from that team going over to YJ. Team tired one or two players going to goal mentality and real tired of the Huntington loud mouth daddys who just never shut up!

BYE BYE & good luck! We'll be seeing ya on YJ 3rd, 4th or 5th 2020 team!

AMEN!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see you have some conflicts with some of the parents or players on that team for whatever reason, I'm sure rooting in town politics or whatever. The truth of 2020 is team play, they move and transition the ball through most all players very well, way better than nearly all teams their age and better than most teams several years older. Very rarely would you see girls going to goal, nearly always you saw quick cuts hit with pass ending with quick stick goal. Sounds like you have your agenda, so feel free to spew hate on a team you know nothing about.

Whoa! I bet they are recruiting them already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do they think they'll make Curcios team?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Good Luck to all the girls trying out tomorrow!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately 2020 is a team that is already starting to be controlled with the behind the scenes nonsense , but kissing and private lessons. Even worse it is painfully obvious that they try to win games by having 2 players force their way to the goal. If your kid came out of the YJ game for more than 5 minutes you may want to look elsewhere because the writing is on the wall either you will be moved down to purple or you will be riding the pine in any competitive game.

First, what is wrong with girls getting private lessons? MANY girls get privates with Top Guns and other places. There is nothing wrong with girls working hard to get better! Secondly, all the girls played in the game against YJ. Why wouldn't this team play to win? It's travel lax not town lax, isn't the point to win? I'd love to know what two girls you're referring to since this certainly was not the case in YJ game or during the season! You OBVIOUSLY are not from the 2020 Black team or Top Guns for that matter!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately 2020 is a team that is already starting to be controlled with the behind the scenes nonsense , but kissing and private lessons. Even worse it is painfully obvious that they try to win games by having 2 players force their way to the goal. If your kid came out of the YJ game for more than 5 minutes you may want to look elsewhere because the writing is on the wall either you will be moved down to purple or you will be riding the pine in any competitive game.

First, what is wrong with girls getting private lessons? MANY girls get privates with Top Guns and other places. There is nothing wrong with girls working hard to get better! Secondly, all the girls played in the game against YJ. Why wouldn't this team play to win? It's travel lax not town lax, isn't the point to win? I'd love to know what two girls you're referring to since this certainly was not the case in YJ game or during the season! You OBVIOUSLY are not from the 2020 Black team or Top Guns for that matter!

Sorry, but I am from TG, but I would never use any girl's name on BOTC. You don't have to agree, it's just my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Huge turnout for 2017 tryouts, with what looked like lots of talent. Close to 100 players. Best of luck to all the girls!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Laxmax1
Huge turnout for 2017 tryouts, with what looked like lots of talent. Close to 100 players. Best of luck to all the girls!

2018 had to be pushing 150 girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Laxmax1

2018 had to be pushing 150 girls.

What was the turnout for 2019 and 2020 ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Do they expect a large turnout for their new teams for 2021? My daughter plans on trying out for this group and I am hoping its very competitive. Do they expect a smaller turnout because of the East Meadow soccer tournament?

Doubt it the players that are looking to move are the ones that were firmly planted on the bench v the YJ. The starters aren't going anywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so you looking at 4 teams now for 2018

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All depends on how many goalies they had tryout!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's how they do it in yj land, I think they are sticking with 3 teams. They could make 6 teams if they wanted to, but I think they won't, I guess we will see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do we know when we will know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do we know when we will know?

one week

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2018 black will stay the same have enough kids on it already .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Do they expect a large turnout for their new teams for 2021? My daughter plans on trying out for this group and I am hoping its very competitive. Do they expect a smaller turnout because of the East Meadow soccer tournament?

Doubt it the players that are looking to move are the ones that were firmly planted on the bench v the YJ. The starters aren't going anywhere.

All the TG players did get playing time in that win. If the team was at any point down in score or even tie, maybe they would have neglected subs to ensure a win, but they didn't have too. Even against the more competitive clubs (M&D and Skywalkers) they all rotated equally in, so even that logic is flawed. On the flip side I have seen several YJ games (older) without even a single sub, they are much more of a win at all costs club. With that said, I'm not sure with which philosophy I agree with more. I think both clubs put way to many girls on the roster which creates the problems to begin with. Its all about the money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard top 2018 Black players didn't go to try-outs and are moving over to Yellow Jackets. Any truth to this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard top 2018 Black players didn't go to try-outs and are moving over to Yellow Jackets. Any truth to this?

That's very funny!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. A few players looking for greener grass (more playing time) is all. If they end up at YJ blue, it would likely not improve their playing time as that team is just as competitive. Good luck to them wherever they end up. With the amount of players at tryouts vying for black, hopefully you will see some quality players to fill those spots as well as some needed player movement, although some of the politics seem to run deep on this team/ club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2018 black will stay the same have enough kids on it already .

That's not true, last year 2017 had alot of movement,could happen any year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the TG players did get playing time in that win. If the team was at any point down in score or even tie, maybe they would have neglected subs to ensure a win, but they didn't have too. Even against the more competitive clubs (M&D and Skywalkers) they all rotated equally in, so even that logic is flawed. On the flip side I have seen several YJ games (older) without even a single sub, they are much more of a win at all costs club. With that said, I'm not sure with which philosophy I agree with more. I think both clubs put way to many girls on the roster which creates the problems to begin with. Its all about the money.

You have no idea what you are talking about. First stop with your veiled nonsense that the YJ team was not one of the more competitive teams, every TG parent knew they had beaten MD who had previously dismantled TG. Second to act as if playing time was even close to being equal for TG in that game is a joke , had kids who played less than 5 minutes total while some kids actually never came out. If you know some of the YJ kids you would also know that they did in fact play all kids about equal.Not sure which way is the right thing to do then have your kid be one of the ones who sat out 90 % of the YJ game and get back to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was out the 2021 tryouts yesterday and seemed to be approx. 50-60 girls trying out. Not a lax parent so much of this is new to me. Just curious what parents thought of the tryout and if it was run well, positives, negatives, etc. I will give my 2 cents.

Intro-no intro to any of the parents about whats going to take place, who she is or her staff (I know its on the website but I have no idea who these people are as there are no pictures), how this will run, etc. Maybe its me but when I'm running a business and you have folks like me who don't really know people in lax I would expect someone to take 2-3 mins to give a brief summary of whats going to happen to the girls for the next 2 hrs.

Time-it generally started on time and they moved the girls through 3 different stations via whistle after warming them out with throwing and catching and a sprint from end line to end line with all the gear on with their sticks.

Drills-I imagine these were standard lax evaluation drills but not sure so anyone who was there pls let me know what they thought. After each drill the girls would turnaround with their backs facing the evaluators showing their number on the pinie and they would mark their score/rating. Girls got water breaks in between the drills and everyone seemed OK.

Overall I thought it went well and my daughter did have fun with her friends who tried out also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also curious what were the numbers like , I counted about 60 at 2020. How were other age groups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also curious what were the numbers like , I counted about 60 at 2020. How were other age groups.

There were four groups doing the 7v7 scrimmage at the end, so there's 60 kids right there (includes a goalie with each group) and there were at least 4-6 kids subbing in and out of each scrimmage, so probably at least 70-75 kids at 2020

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have no idea what you are talking about. First stop with your veiled nonsense that the YJ team was not one of the more competitive teams, every TG parent knew they had beaten MD who had previously dismantled TG. Second to act as if playing time was even close to being equal for TG in that game is a joke , had kids who played less than 5 minutes total while some kids actually never came out. If you know some of the YJ kids you would also know that they did in fact play all kids about equal.Not sure which way is the right thing to do then have your kid be one of the ones who sat out 90 % of the YJ game and get back to me.

Semi finals at national draw last year tg 2019 vs yj 2018 blue there were 5-6 yj kids who never even played in the game and 3-4 others who got a few minutes at the end of the game, so lets stop the nonsense about yj playing equally - yj parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

About 95 at 2017

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were four groups doing the 7v7 scrimmage at the end, so there's 60 kids right there (includes a goalie with each group) and there were at least 4-6 kids subbing in and out of each scrimmage, so probably at least 70-75 kids at 2020

would have been more except for the soccer tournament conflicts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel that there should only be 2 teams per age group. Black and purple. Adding white or any other color of the rainbow makes it more about the money. Anyone else?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Half the time the evaluators heads were down or talking to the other coach. I was looking forward for this for my daughter and it was terrible. She went to the camp the week before and did real well. Within the first couple of drills she hardly got any reps. She must of been rated low because and the end when they scrimmaged she was put at the other end of field with one coach and never was seen by the main people. Figures she scores 4 goals there. One tryout is not enough to really evaluate these girls. I really liked what they have to offer as a program. I just have to say I was a little dissapointed how it was run.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 black is three village

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel that there should only be 2 teams per age group. Black and purple. Adding white or any other color of the rainbow makes it more about the money. Anyone else?

Agree, yet for the age group they did it with they at least didn't leave the non top teams without talent. They have talent spread through each team. Some of the whites and certainly some of the purples could easily play on black, those teams just lack the depth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have no problem with 3 teams, if it's done for the right reasons. Last year, they had over 100 girls at the 2018 tryout, took about the best 75, added the white team, and they were competitive, so why not? If only 60-70 girls show up, and you take them all, regardless of skill level, and add a 3rd team, which gets crushed at the tournaments, then yes, you're right - it would be about the money. So far, that hasn't been the case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 black is three village

Might see that change this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last few posters were spot on. The white team has some talent but not depth, and the girls and parents had a good experience and it was a successful season. Too bad the Whites most skilled player was a ballhog.
The White lost to the Purple in the Hofstra tournament playoffs in overtime and the Purple lost to the Black by 1 goal in the finals so the talent is spread out.
Hey maybe we should be like the YJ's and call all our teams Blue, oops I mean Black!!!
As for those having a problem with the three Village girls on the Black, they are talented players even if they and their parents are cliquey? (or however you spell it)

2018 tryouts had about 100 people again I would guess and two good 2018 players from last years Black were not there so between that and the bottom few spots on the roster, there should be some new blood on the team; a team that only lost two games all summer with the only losses coming to M&D and Skywalkers who, beside being good, also have older players based on Maryland letting girls start school late.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The white was in the lowest bracket at every tournament and struggled there. That's not competitive And I highly doubt there are a few whites who could play on black or they would be on black. Maybe a purple or two but not white. Wake up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The white was in the lowest bracket at every tournament and struggled there. That's not competitive And I highly doubt there are a few whites who could play on black or they would be on black. Maybe a purple or two but not white. Wake up

You're wrong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You maybe right or you maybe wrong. Time will tell. I must say they are a talented group of girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cliquey....if you did not have TV kids you would not win .

Like Reply Quote
Page 71 of 220 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard