BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 126 of 251 1 2 124 125 126 127 128 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word is BLC has picked up 3-4 players from other elite clubs (Madlax and at least one 2027 reclass). While they had a long, long way to go, this should at least firm up their place in HoCo Elite division. If they can pick up another 2-3 solid players, they could be competitive. Wouldn’t be surprised to see NL lose a few to BLC, they have a good new coach and these kids all know one another (Madlax-BLC-Next Level)[/quote]

BLC parents it’s not going to happen. Picking up bottom of the roster NL or Madlax players is not going to improve your team and isn’t going to make you elite. You are just subjecting your kids to another season of losing nearly every game . . . But you do you.[/quote]

This is correct.[/quote]

Good to hear they are finally getting a new head coach.[/quote]
Yep. About time. Young and energetic I’m told. Played at Duke. Like the Predators of 2021, the talk of DC wink
But this team WILL be vastly improved over last year. I doubt about it. And yea, the 2-3 kids they’re getting from Madlax will be their best players. Great to have some additional parity in the neighborhood[/quote]

BLC played some competitive games last year. The kids and parents were nice, as well. Glad to here the upbeat attitude. Also, if I remember correctly, ML had a short bench last year. They only had 17+/- players and a couple rarely got on the field. Hardly a team that can afford to lose several players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How good were the 2-3 players who left MadLax - top third, middle third, or bottom third of the roster?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
middle third.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML dad here. I only know of 1 player to BLC, not 2 or 3. Good kid, improved immensely last year or so. Wasn't seeing the field much, so wasn't a huge surprise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“ML dad here”

Thought and prayers

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
ML dad here. I only know of 1 player to BLC, not 2 or 3. Good kid, improved immensely last year or so. Wasn't seeing the field much, so wasn't a huge surprise.
At least 2. And potentially a 3rd player from a different team who will be a game changer for BLC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC we are rooting for you. We’re all rooting for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. They took it on the chin last 2 HoCo seasons I think 1-13 or something like that. The 2 Attack they’re getting from Madlax are going to improve the team SIGNIFICANTLY. One played a decent amount at ML, the other did not. And I’m hearing they may get a 3rd player from elsewhere who is pretty legit. If all 3 indeed make it to BLC, they immediately jump over True Annapolis, Kelly Post, and are challenging Crabs for the 5th spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kelly Post Gray will probably go the way of HoCo pink - extinct.

Like HoCo they will probably have one team going forward and there is pretty much no chance they play higher than AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. They took it on the chin last 2 HoCo seasons I think 1-13 or something like that. The 2 Attack they’re getting from Madlax are going to improve the team SIGNIFICANTLY. One played a decent amount at ML, the other did not. And I’m hearing they may get a 3rd player from elsewhere who is pretty legit. If all 3 indeed make it to BLC, they immediately jump over True Annapolis, Kelly Post, and are challenging Crabs for the 5th spot.

Good to hear they are reloading. They lost two significant pieces to NL.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Positions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie and attack

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie and attack

BLC goalie that went to NL 2028 was from BLC 2027, not BLC 2028

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A BLC28 attack and defense went to NL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Difference makers? Will they start or get significant PT for NL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure Crabs is the 5th team anymore. They have a new coach and several new players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Annapolis lost 3-4 of their best players to the Hawks, including their goalie. TA will have to play 4A next year. No longer an elite team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Annapolis lost 3-4 of their best players to the Hawks, including their goalie. TA will have to play 4A next year. No longer an elite team

The goalie? I thought they already had 2 goalies?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup, hawks now have the two best goalies in the area. Picked up a monster defenseman, and super aggressive LSM. Cherry on top is that they picked up one of the more talented attack/middies around as well. They got better on both ends of the field. And I think they also grabbed one or two others from other teams etc.

As for true annapolis…yoh may not have heard but true made them really notIntelligent decision to change their “model”. Deciding to bring in a new coach from Pittsburg, who brought his top (like three kids) with dc, Virginia, and annapolis. It’s no longer true annapolis. It’s “Chesapeake”. They cut half that team and also were dense enough to tell people they intend to put kids from other states on the hoco roster so they can randomly bring them in for games and then summer as they can.

So instead of training “more” and developing your kids, they are willing to make them do all the extra skill sessions, put on the work, and then being better kids in from Illinois, Florida, Minnesota etc when they can to attempt to compete at a higher level.

They completely abandoned the region that gave them relevance in the state of maryland.

Classic true.

Congrats to all the boys that decided to play for a great organization with a rich history.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks add any more holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC goalie and attack who went to NL are already going to a club that is solid in those positions. If I was the 2nd goalie (kid they got ain't starting over NL existing goalie) or the 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th attackman I would be looking elsewhere. I can't stand NL, but I will give them this....they tend to be loyal to their longtime players which is a good thing (see True and ML for the opposite approach). The bottom half of NL's attack roster isn't going to see the field. The boy they added from BLC won't start, but is better than there current 4th and beyond.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup, hawks now have the two best goalies in the area. Picked up a monster defenseman, and super aggressive LSM. Cherry on top is that they picked up one of the more talented attack/middies around as well. They got better on both ends of the field. And I think they also grabbed one or two others from other teams etc.

As for true annapolis…yoh may not have heard but true made them really notIntelligent decision to change their “model”. Deciding to bring in a new coach from Pittsburg, who brought his top (like three kids) with dc, Virginia, and annapolis. It’s no longer true annapolis. It’s “Chesapeake”. They cut half that team and also were dense enough to tell people they intend to put kids from other states on the hoco roster so they can randomly bring them in for games and then summer as they can.

So instead of training “more” and developing your kids, they are willing to make them do all the extra skill sessions, put on the work, and then being better kids in from Illinois, Florida, Minnesota etc when they can to attempt to compete at a higher level.

They completely abandoned the region that gave them relevance in the state of maryland.

Classic true.

Congrats to all the boys that decided to play for a great organization with a rich history.

They also shut down True DC which was a pretty good AAAA team last year. A couple of those kids were moved to True Chesapeake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does a bear …..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Hawks added holdbacks.

As for True, I don’t know why any family in this area would play for them. There are so many other better options at every level from B to elite. Club lacrosse is cut throat and petty but True is on a island of their own of shenanigans.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. They will not start at NL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As for True, I don’t know why any family in this area would play for them. There are so many other better options at every level from B to elite. Club lacrosse is cut throat and petty but True is on a island of their own of shenanigans.

Any idea where we might see the Mid Atlantic teams playing this fall?

MD Invitatiknal Oct 16th?
Adrenaline Nov 6th?
NAL November 12th?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. They will not start at NL.

They were arguably the two best players on BLC. Leading scorer and best defender. They will contribute to the insane depth at NL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are KP and True Annapolis both leaving elite?

Who is there to replace them?

Team MD and 91 I guess?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does a bear …..

Zero new holdbacks on the 2028 Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does a bear …..

Zero new holdbacks on the 2028 Hawks.

Safe to assume they have reached the maximum allotment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Player for player the New England teams are older than Maryland teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this the same goalie who is on the True National team or somebody different?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True. The whole sport is an arms race for older players at every level including college, MD alone had 11 grad or 5th year players. It's systemic and USA Lax is toothless. The mega buck orgs run the sport and it's a wild, wild west s#!^ show. Rankings are many and vary widely based upon subjective controlling interests ... US Club Lax for instance. The clubs charge exorbitant rates in exchange for "development and exposure" - a.k.a. extortion. ... and the college coaches play along ... swarming like flies at NLF. As the next wave of suppliant parents enter the fray and scream about the reclass/holdback/late start older kids, know that no one in any position to influence change cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did VLC add any new players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Solid advice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Debatable

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Solid advice.
So are KP and True Annapolis both leaving elite?

Who is there to replace them?

Team MD and 91 I guess?

True Annapolis, what can I say. The team that calls itself Annapolis and its home field is 30 minutes away in Glen Burnie. Nobody should be shocked it is failing. True has more than made their money in MD over the last 5-7 years and soon enough will close up shop and move its growth focus to a new geography.

KP 2028 broke ties with True a year ago when True (among other things) tried to get rid of KP's coaches, which is something True always promises not to do, but always ends up doing anyway. Without the True branding, KP 2028 had no backing to continue into HS and so the parents started chirping and the top half of the roster went to 91, FCA White, and a few to Preds. The lower half of the roster stayed at KP which also called up kids from the A/B KP team and now they will be a AA/AAA team I suppose.

91 ended last year with 29 "regular" rostered kids plus multiple guest players from FCA, so who knows what they are really doing. Especially with 8+ new kids from KP.

Team MD seems to be on the upswing for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Debatable

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the new teams Prostart and Rebels MD get enough kids to field teams at 2028?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the new teams Prostart and Rebels MD get enough kids to field teams at 2028?

ProStart fielded a team of 22, roster went out yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
Page 126 of 251 1 2 124 125 126 127 128 250 251
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard