BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 232 of 313 1 2 230 231 232 233 234 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First two tiers are spot on.
StP should be ahead of CH. They were all SOPHs and JRs last year.
CH will be fine, but loses some players so there will be an adjustment. They will probably be in the hunt next year.
I think that final spot goes to Spalding.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BL, LB, and CH all picked up elite out of state transfers but I'm sure the Calvert County transfers to St Marys are great too.

If its any of those kids from Cannons Select, they will be good. Some big, talented boys on that squad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three tiers next year.
First two are playoff locks.
Choose one more from the remaining.

McD
BL
StP

CH
STM

LB
S
AS
JC
MSJ
GIL

I think this is close but I would move CH up to 3 and SP down to 3rd tier with Sp, S and LB fighting for the last playoff spot
I think you just want to fight with Sp parents.

STM is top dog next. Picked up a few nice transfers from public

BL, LB, and CH all picked up elite out of state transfers but I'm sure the Calvert County transfers to St Marys are great too.
Colorado Hall

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Which programs picked up the best rising 9th graders? I know CHC got some much needed help in the cage and MCD got some big offensive contributions from freshmen last Spring. Frankly freshmen rarely are big contributors down the stretch but last year seemed to be the exception. Does the incoming 2026 class have players of that caliber and if so where are they going?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LB 2026 class is going to be special

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Aside from LB, who else has a bumper crop of recruits? Is LB's 2026 class from their middle school or are they new students?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous1787
Which programs picked up the best rising 9th graders? I know CHC got some much needed help in the cage and MCD got some big offensive contributions from freshmen last Spring. Frankly freshmen rarely are big contributors down the stretch but last year seemed to be the exception. Does the incoming 2026 class have players of that caliber and if so where are they going?
Who is the much needed help in the cage, dad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any coming from out of state?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three tiers next year.

McD
BL
StP

CH
STM

LB
S
AS
JC
MSJ
GIL

I think this is close but I would move CH up to 3 and SP down to 3rd tier with Sp, S and LB fighting for the last playoff spot
I think you just want to fight with Sp parents.

STM is top dog next. Picked up a few nice transfers from public

2022 National Champions main players were from Calvert and Southern Maryland. Go ahead and give STM the trophy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Aside from LB, who else has a bumper crop of recruits? Is LB's 2026 class from their middle school or are they new students?"

Both. They had a strong MS class that is supplemented by a very strong HS 2026 class. The MS has approximately 60 students while 2026 HS class has about 180.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
With the new AD at LB, on board has anything noticeable changed as it relates to the lacrosse program: recruiting and scholar/athlete $$, coaching philosophy$, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Much needed help in the cage ....lol. The heir apparent 2025 took over last year and will have that spot locked down. See you in 2026 dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the new AD at LB, on board has anything noticeable changed as it relates to the lacrosse program: recruiting and scholar/athlete $$, coaching philosophy$, etc.

He started on Monday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Much needed help in the cage ....lol. The heir apparent 2025 took over last year and will have that spot locked down. See you in 2026 dad.

Reading is fundamental.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman????

Reading is fundamental.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean mom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reading is fundamental; calm down 25 goalie dad. Someone is feeling a little threatened. Sheesh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rest of the conference hopes the 2025 goalie remains unchallenged.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reading is fundamental; calm down 25 goalie dad. Someone is feeling a little threatened. Sheesh.

Fourth on the depth chart last year. Coach had no choice but to play him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fourth on the depth chart last year. Coach had no choice but to play him.

Won’t see the field next year - Facts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he can stay out of trouble....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys should seriously be ashamed of yourselves for talking about a 15/16 year old. Get a life

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Gilman loses a generational keeper and a strong right handed bull dodger on offense. LB loses two great poles, one who was the best two way close defender in the Conference and the other who was the best offensive LSM in the last twenty years. Does either team have enough talent returning or enrolling to make the semis during the next 2 seasons?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman loses a generational keeper and a strong right handed bull dodger on offense. LB loses two great poles, one who was the best two way close defender in the Conference and the other who was the best offensive LSM in the last twenty years. Does either team have enough talent returning or enrolling to make the semis during the next 2 seasons?
I think that's a tall order. But never say never.
The Loyola returning defenseman is good enough to build around. But its tough when you lose 2 kids of that caliber. Defensive scheme has not been the problem at Loyola. I think it's been the other side of the ball.
I want them to succeed because my dad went there, but I think Gilman is in for a long season too. They need some administrative support. There was talk of them doing a review of their athletic department to see if teams were aligned in the proper level conferences. Even the thought of them dropping to the B division is disheartening. The talk of the proper athletic/academic "balance." I think they are still dealing with the fallout and stigma from the football issue, all these years later. And there are two camps in the building. It's just a matter of which side wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The answer is simply NO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys should seriously be ashamed of yourselves for talking about a 15/16 year old. Get a life

Staying out of trouble is not easy (Unless the last name is Kelly)

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I think that's a tall order. But never say never.
The Loyola returning defenseman is good enough to build around. But its tough when you lose 2 kids of that caliber. Defensive scheme has not been the problem at Loyola. I think it's been the other side of the ball.
I want them to succeed because my dad went there, but I think Gilman is in for a long season too. They need some administrative support. There was talk of them doing a review of their athletic department to see if teams were aligned in the proper level conferences. Even the thought of them dropping to the B division is disheartening. The talk of the proper athletic/academic "balance." I think they are still dealing with the fallout and stigma from the football issue, all these years later. And there are two camps in the building. It's just a matter of which side wins.

I really can't understand either of these two Programs. Both have sizable endowments and strong lacrosse traditions in a educational market that cares about having a competitive lacrosse program. How hard is it to recruit 3-4 multi sport athletes per class with significant scholar athlete awards? Fully get the Poggi backlash dynamic at Gilman but don't understand why you wouldn't heavily subsidize tuitions for several highly academically qualified multi sport athletes? Especially if you assume having a super competitive lacrosse program would help you attract other full pay families? What am I missing here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you are missing is that Gilman has become more interested in being WOKE than having a competitive athletic program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you are missing is that Gilman has become more interested in being WOKE than having a competitive athletic program.

You said the same thing about McDonogh and yet they won. Take your weird QANON stuff elsewhere. They lose because they can’t keep a coach or recruit talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You said the same thing about McDonogh and yet they won. Take your weird QANON stuff elsewhere. They lose because they can’t keep a coach or recruit talent.
They have the best 2026 fo middie who will help them quite a bit these next 4.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

McD is nowhere near the academic institution that Gilman is. Both schools off the chart WOKE, but the academics are driving decisions right now @ Gilman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I simply don’t see the correlation between a super competitive lacrosse program and attracting full paying tuition students. MIAA lax is not SEC/Big 10 football. Gilman and Loyola simply have other priorities (college placements for one ) than boarding out of state lacrosse players which is ridiculous as it sounds!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have a lot of detest inside you man.... you need to let it go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three tiers next year.

McD
BL
StP

CH
STM

LB
S
AS
JC
MSJ
GIL

This actually looks pretty good. I would switch SP and STM but agree that those are your first 5. I think Severn gets in after that with strong FO X play and a few stellar offensive players.

FO and D is what kept Severn in games. The O was the problem and will continue to be!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes! That has to be it! Being woke has surely been the demise of many a lacrosse program. Nothing like anti racists to ruin your program. The less woke we are, the better our lacrosse programs get! Why can't anyone see the relationship?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"They have the best 2026 fo middie who will help them quite a bit these next 4."

They have a good but not the best 2026 fo middie who will help them quite a bit these next 4.

There. Fixed it for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"They have the best 2026 fo middie who will help them quite a bit these next 4."

Thanks Chris!!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

McD is nowhere near the academic institution that Gilman is. Both schools off the chart WOKE, but the academics are driving decisions right now @ Gilman.

No question academics are driving invitations for admissions at Gilman. However for families admitted at multiple top academic schools including Gilman, why are the better scholar athletes choosing other institutions? Or deciding to transfer out of Gilman after middle school? Blaming academic standards at Gilman for the poor performance of the Gilman athletic program is a "red herring". Yes, a great young FO middie can be transformational but only if the FO squad can beat the older FOGOs and wingmen in the League. Lots of good returning FOGOs in the Conference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I simply don’t see the correlation between a super competitive lacrosse program and attracting full paying tuition students. MIAA lax is not SEC/Big 10 football. Gilman and Loyola simply have other priorities (college placements for one ) than boarding out of state lacrosse players which is ridiculous as it sounds!

You don't need the whole school on board - just one super rich alumni that wants wins now that will provide the room and board scholarships. Right SG?

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Mentioning Names on Negative Posts Are Against Our Community Standards
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not familiar with what is going on at Gilman, but at McDonogh students are taught to judge someone by the color of their skin instead of judging individuals by their character.

Having said that McDonogh boys lax will be loaded next year.

Like Reply Quote
Page 232 of 313 1 2 230 231 232 233 234 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard