BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Boys 2026-9th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Those are apparently all made up numbers. I know for a fact that 91 is $4400 and Express is $3900. I was told that Rebels is $3400.

For an entire year, fall and spring, or just one season?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels is $4,000 returning players. $4,375 new players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those are apparently all made up numbers. I know for a fact that 91 is $4400 and Express is $3900. I was told that Rebels is $3400.

Rebels post theirs
https://www.rebelslc.com/tuition

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Some tuition cost lets hear them !!

Express $4800
91 $4900
Legacy $4400
S2s ?
Rebels ?
Igloo ?
Empire ?
Recon ?
Annapolis hawks $2800
LaxMassachusetts $3k

WRONG[/quot. true rip off

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels is just another club profiting off of kids dreams. Sad business model.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels post theirs

Only big club that posts theirs, and I think cheapest too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels post theirs

Only big club that posts theirs, and I think cheapest too!

Doesn’t include gear. Extra $300-$600

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every club profits of kids Dreams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Entire year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Rebels teams at 2026 at TERRIBLE. Anyone paying that price is getting completely FLEECED!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every club profits of kids Dreams

Parents dreams. They drive all of this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels post theirs
I applaud them for posting their rates. Express has tuition but everything costs additional, 91 pretty consistent. At the end of the year they're all over 4k once you add in tryout fees, travel, hotels, showcases you're looking at over 7k per year.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Omitted words as it goes against our community standards
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels post theirs
I applaud them for posting their rates. Express has tuition but everything costs additional, 91 pretty consistent. At the end of the year they're all over 4k once you add in tryout fees, travel, hotels, showcases you're looking at over 7k per year.

Now add in the extra cost for 10th and 11th grade. If your kid wants to play on the next level, you need to add the cost of individual showcases and prospect days. Depending on how many you do, the cost can go up another $3,000 or more with showcases fees, prospect day fees, travel back and forth from them.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Omitted words as it goes against our community standards
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express CoachC
Team 91 Orange Storm
Igloo Direwolves
Shore 2 Shore Raiders
Team 26
Mooselax
Legacy
East Coast Elite
Express 2
LI Empire
True Blue
Igloo Deep Freeze
Icon
Rebels Inferno
24 East
Turtles
Shore 2 Shore Barracudas
Rush
Lockjaw
Rebels Rhinos
Express 3
Recon
Team 91 Freeze

Accurate!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Icon is reasonably priced. Looking for a few positions - middies, goalie - if you don’t want to pay high prices should give them a look.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles are solid team that can compete with mid level teams. I know they are looking for a few players and posted supplementals for next week. Lower priced program on Long Island. Worth giving it a shot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles are solid team that can compete with mid level teams. I know they are looking for a few players and posted supplementals for next week. Lower priced program on Long Island. Worth giving it a shot

Low priced should not be be the prime selling point. Like any product you sometimes have to pay for quality. What else besides cost would you state are benefits? Often it’s lost cost because tourneys they play in and coaches. So the point is the cost is cheaper, but there a balance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This forum is horrible with this security feature. It never works very difficult to post anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This forum is horrible with this security feature. It never works very difficult to post anything.

Be quiet peasant

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Low priced should not be be the prime selling point. Like any product you sometimes have to pay for quality. What else besides cost would you state are benefits? Often it’s lost cost because tourneys they play in and coaches. So the point is the cost is cheaper, but there a balance.

I think it comes down to what people are looking for. If you want to play at the next level all of these teams can help. It depends on what level you want and can compete at. I have a 2022 son, I've seen way too many kids believe that they can play D1or can make it at a High Academic D3. only to be disappointed. They were way too many kids on his team that never played (Express) they carried at one point 32 kids. They told each of the parents that it would be beneficial for them to play on the 2nd team. This 2nd team then would be completive and they would be able to get recruited because they would be playing. Most of the parents refused. They felt that practicing ageist the best would help their kid get better (the old Iron sharpens iron) In the end those that didn't play didn't get recruited. Why--- because they never played. No college coach will take a kid that he has never seen play.

Many parents blamed the club, but it was their fault. You can say the club should not have taken the money if they knew that the kid was not going to play. But it comes down to the parents ego. I have also seen kids get offers from some good schools but the parents dismissed the school as not being good enough. Only to have the kid not get recruited and not get into one of the chosen schools.

My point is know where your kid belongs academically, socially and lacrosse wise. Most of the clubs listed above that have 2022 and 2023 teams, have kids going on to play at the next level. yeah I know they are not going to Duke or Ives or the top academic schools but they are going to schools that fit them and they are getting some money to play a game that they love. Not every Kid can make it at the top schools. we all wan that but its not realistic. Know your kid and know what is realistic. It's ok to aim high and we should but have a plan B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it comes down to what people are looking for. If you want to play at the next level all of these teams can help. It depends on what level you want and can compete at. I have a 2022 son, I've seen way too many kids believe that they can play D1or can make it at a High Academic D3. only to be disappointed. They were way too many kids on his team that never played (Express) they carried at one point 32 kids. They told each of the parents that it would be beneficial for them to play on the 2nd team. This 2nd team then would be completive and they would be able to get recruited because they would be playing. Most of the parents refused. They felt that practicing ageist the best would help their kid get better (the old Iron sharpens iron) In the end those that didn't play didn't get recruited. Why--- because they never played. No college coach will take a kid that he has never seen play.

Many parents blamed the club, but it was their fault. You can say the club should not have taken the money if they knew that the kid was not going to play. But it comes down to the parents ego. I have also seen kids get offers from some good schools but the parents dismissed the school as not being good enough. Only to have the kid not get recruited and not get into one of the chosen schools.

My point is know where your kid belongs academically, socially and lacrosse wise. Most of the clubs listed above that have 2022 and 2023 teams, have kids going on to play at the next level. yeah I know they are not going to Duke or Ives or the top academic schools but they are going to schools that fit them and they are getting some money to play a game that they love. Not every Kid can make it at the top schools. we all wan that but its not realistic. Know your kid and know what is realistic. It's ok to aim high and we should but have a plan B.

Most accurate post ever posted here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of movement in this class. Excited to see what this season brings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most accurate post ever posted here.

Yes, one of the most well written, realistic post! Don’t have your kid sitting the bench in his developing years, pre-recruiting year and recruiting years for the club name. You would rather have your kid on a team “playing” against those clubs (even if team loses). Playing is the key word. Don’t waste time and money having your kid sitting on a bench. That will get your kid nowhere.

Go to a club where he will play in actual games. Competition makes him better and eventually gets him seen. Use some of the extra $s you save from the overpriced 32 roster big name club and get some extra training! Then as you see him playing and actually competing against the top kids, you should know where he stands by his recruiting year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels is $3800

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Rebels is $3800

Now that the kids are in High School, there are 2 main reasons that kids play club. 1) To get recruited and play somewhere at the next level 2) Stay sharp for HS ball. Which ever reason you are on a club team, bottom line is you need to play and be on the filed. It's not so much about winning at this point. Would you rather be a bench rider on a good team and win or play a ton of minutes on a 2nd level team. Who happen to play some good competition. All of these clubs cost a fortune, i would rather my kid play and get better. The choice is yours, I've never understood the detest for some teams. Some parents just need to take down anyone who are going a different route than them. Every kid is different and are traveling different paths. What is good for yours may not be good for someone else. All the kids are also at a different level of skill. No need to knock a kid or a team that are B level. It's great that your kid is on a good team. Don't worry about others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Little League WS on every major ESPN channel and way more exciting than Lacrosse youth WS and even the PLL .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Little League WS on every major ESPN channel and way more exciting than Lacrosse youth WS and even the PLL .

These are ninth graders. No one cares about the Lacrosse World Series.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a previous poster noted, these kids are now in High School; I'm curious to learn how many 2026 head coaches are truly qualified to coach at the HS level?

My son's team has had a great head coach, who is a respected, successful local youth town coach, who also is a successful businessman and all of his own kids have graduated from college.

The downside is that he has no playing experience, no HS coaching certifications or experience and his style of coaching is more towards the intermediate level.

Before I raise my concerns with the club team's director, it would be interesting to know about other 2026 head coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a previous poster noted, these kids are now in High School; I'm curious to learn how many 2026 head coaches are truly qualified to coach at the HS level?

My son's team has had a great head coach, who is a respected, successful local youth town coach, who also is a successful businessman and all of his own kids have graduated from college.

The downside is that he has no playing experience, no HS coaching certifications or experience and his style of coaching is more towards the intermediate level.

Before I raise my concerns with the club team's director, it would be interesting to know about other 2026 head coaches.

My son plays for a top 10 2026 team and his coaches are a head varsity coach and an assistant college coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons coach is the head coach of a D3 team that won. We are very lucky.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are some very experienced coaches on LI at this level. You do have more options. But the time to ask that question was probably earlier this summer. If you are not happy with your coach with one reason or another, the time to have that discussion was ideally prior to tryouts. Then you could have explored other options if you were unhappy with the answer. I am not sure how productive that conversation will be at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy get all new coaches or same daddy ball coaching ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At this point in HS and considering the price you're probably paying all of the coaches should be experienced. Some very good coaches at every level have never played the game but they are still qualified. Just because someone played the game doesn't mean they can coach, that goes for all sports. With that being said, they should at least match their knowledge of the game with the level of play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s bring back some balance this year when it comes to tournament location selection.

Maybe this would be an acceptable compromise for most on east coast, Maryland to Mass:

- 20% local (within 1hr travel - no hotel needed)
- 40% central location (around 1.5hrs travel - no hotel required)
- 20% near regions (around 4hrs travel - hotel needed)
- 10% far regions (plane likely needed)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s bring back some balance this year when it comes to tournament location selection.

Maybe this would be an acceptable compromise for most on east coast, Maryland to Mass:

- 20% local (within 1hr travel - no hotel needed)
- 40% central location (around 1.5hrs travel - no hotel required)
- 20% near regions (around 4hrs travel - hotel needed)
- 10% far regions (plane likely needed)

Depends on the team. If you're a B level team, why would you ever be driving 4hrs when there are plenty of B level teams/tourneys closer.

If you're a AA team, you have to drive further to find similar competition. Fewer true AA teams/tourneys, so those teams will likely need to stay in hotels most weekends in the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does not seem right that Sweetlax Upstate is ranked in the same state as Express by US Club Lax. The #4 team in the nation should have a #1 state rank. Recommended Long Island should be its own state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does not seem right that Sweetlax Upstate is ranked in the same state as Express by US Club Lax. The #4 team in the nation should have a #1 state rank. Recommended Long Island should be its own state.

Lol? Okay

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a child who loves the game, who has been involved in club lacrosse for awhile i can honestly say I am happy my time is coming to an end. I enjoy watching my son play. Just tired of the BS. My son isn’t very good. I have accepted it. It appears other teams have made it clear we accept it. Teams no longer keep kids at this stage just to keep kids. We have played on the same club team for the past three years. The team is brutal. But my son liked his teammates and we like the coaches. Now my son is no longer on this team. Not by choice. Perhaps a blessing in disguise? Perhaps the ownership group has grown tired of being the punching bag of club lax to other teams. Decided to bring in other players I don’t know. Been reading these posts from people about trying out for all the big name teams. My son is on the A team of this squad or this team is this or that. Must say the drama has been entertaining. I wish the kids nothing but success. Happy to be getting my Saturdays back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give b level lax a try. Tournaments and families are fun. No stress. Like a good concert!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a child who loves the game, who has been involved in club lacrosse for awhile i can honestly say I am happy my time is coming to an end. I enjoy watching my son play. Just tired of the BS. My son isn’t very good. I have accepted it. It appears other teams have made it clear we accept it. Teams no longer keep kids at this stage just to keep kids. We have played on the same club team for the past three years. The team is brutal. But my son liked his teammates and we like the coaches. Now my son is no longer on this team. Not by choice. Perhaps a blessing in disguise? Perhaps the ownership group has grown tired of being the punching bag of club lax to other teams. Decided to bring in other players I don’t know. Been reading these posts from people about trying out for all the big name teams. My son is on the A team of this squad or this team is this or that. Must say the drama has been entertaining. I wish the kids nothing but success. Happy to be getting my Saturdays back.
If you're referring to either Express or 91 being that team, it doesn't mean your kid isn't good. There are plenty of skilled players on these teams who wont get field time and, obviously, those organizations are just going to keep taking student players on (or flying them in) when available. There will always be great talent that never sees the field. At this point, make sure your kid is on the field. No one cares what club helmet he's wearing any more or how they did at the World Series when they were 12.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard