BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 72 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 71 72
Re: (NA) Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious as to why this forum is editing posts, apparently my comment that you made a good point about other clubs, not just LE, doing well with recruiting was too controversial for the forum...perhaps it was the GOT reference to the LE supporters on the forum

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do the other 14 kids on these kids wind up doing? Div3? just curious.. a good case to be made for good academic D3 route.

Seems like a lot of these clubs have a good mix of D3 kids as well, especially with the NESCAC and other top tier academic schools. No matter how good your kid is, these high academic schools are no joke, really challenging admissions process...for those that think that the NESCAC is a safety net after D1 and Ivies, you are sorely mistaken.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The other 14 kids from BBL do the same thing the 15 kids from LE end up doing each and every year; good academic D3 or not play at all and have fun and party!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You don't have a clue. LE, Tri-State, BBL, and Riot all had at least 9 or 10 D1 commits in the '22 class. And O2 and Patriot had around 6 or 7.

You can argue the quality of the D1 programs they went to, but in terms of sheer D1 commits all of these programs had significant numbers.

This is true about the other clubs....and the 2024 level has even more talent all around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL has a great youth program but high school at BBL is not proven yet with recruiting. Will 24 change that? I am sure BBL high school players are hoping it will. The players and parents not on BBL see that when deciding on LE or Tri State for 9th grade and up. LE and Tri State get better in 9th grade on and BBL's new players do not match the defectors from the team starting in 9th grade. I hope this changes because BBl has a great youth program.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every kid on these top NJ club teams can play in college if they want to. There are a million D3 schools. The question is how far you willing to travel and what type of education are you looking for.

And you're correct on your NESCAC comment. Many D3 schools have better academics than D1 schools so kids will choose D3 over D1 in many cases. High end D3 lacrosse is on par with low level D1 i.e. RIT would likely beat NJIT by 10 goals.

None of our kids are going to get rich playing pro lacrosse and the tiny D1 scholarships offered don't move the needle, so for many the best academic school is the right choice regardless of D1/D3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bbl 2025 team is decimated. All the best players other than the 1 top player have all left. Good for him to show loyalty, but seems as though there is a major issue if 2025s are all leaving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bbl 2025 team is decimated. All the best players other than the 1 top player have all left. Good for him to show loyalty, but seems as though there is a major issue if 2025s are all leaving.

Is this accurate? Or is someone just stirring the pot???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL 2024 will have a lot of D1 recruits. That is their first good team and where it all starts for them. My guess is like 10.

I think BBL Shore will struggle. Mad Dog has a huge youth program and their 2025 team is really good. 2025 is where it all starts for them. Their 2026 and down are all loaded and the kids are not leaving anymore for the other clubs.

I actually wish Riot and Patriot would combine. Both are longer standing clubs and their kids occasionally get plucked to other teams. But they can both still maintain their current standing as is, I just think they would really be good together (kinda playing fantasy football on this one).
Their 2025 was really good. They still have a handful of players but parents are not happy with the B-Level North Jersey kids that were added. There is NO WAY the RFH parents keep their players at Mad Dog in high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this accurate? Or is someone just stirring the pot???
Check the boy's highlights. They say LE while their highlights are in BBL uniforms. Wait for the fall, when their top player leaves to play with his high school teammates unless all the DB kids move to BBL.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every kid on these top NJ club teams can play in college if they want to. There are a million D3 schools. The question is how far you willing to travel and what type of education are you looking for.

And you're correct on your NESCAC comment. Many D3 schools have better academics than D1 schools so kids will choose D3 over D1 in many cases. High end D3 lacrosse is on par with low level D1 i.e. RIT would likely beat NJIT by 10 goals.

None of our kids are going to get rich playing pro lacrosse and the tiny D1 scholarships offered don't move the needle, so for many the best academic school is the right choice regardless of D1/D3.
Those high-end D3 schools are not cheap. In most cases, you talking 50K to 75K a year. So low-level D1 might be the best option for a lot of families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL 2024 will have a lot of D1 recruits. That is their first good team and where it all starts for them. My guess is like 10.

I think BBL Shore will struggle. Mad Dog has a huge youth program and their 2025 team is really good. 2025 is where it all starts for them. Their 2026 and down are all loaded and the kids are not leaving anymore for the other clubs.

I actually wish Riot and Patriot would combine. Both are longer standing clubs and their kids occasionally get plucked to other teams. But they can both still maintain their current standing as is, I just think they would really be good together (kinda playing fantasy football on this one).
Their 2025 was really good. They still have a handful of players but parents are not happy with the B-Level North Jersey kids that were added. There is NO WAY the RFH parents keep their players at Mad Dog in high school.

I hope the RFH kids stay. There is no reason to leave. They will get recruited at Mad Dog. Why go to the middle or bottom of the barrel on another club and if its true that BBL has kids going to LE then it makes it worse for the Mad Dog kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what happened to the Towerman? I am assuming they stayed together. I do not know one parent or kid on the team but I find their situation intriguing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 team at bbl has indeed had a mass exodus over the last 2 years. To whomever is implying that the best player is going to be going to DB for Highschool, is that true? i do not believe so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope the RFH kids stay. There is no reason to leave. They will get recruited at Mad Dog. Why go to the middle or bottom of the barrel on another club and if its true that BBL has kids going to LE then it makes it worse for the Mad Dog kids.

Wishful thinking, no loyalty with the RFH kids, head coach will push top kids to LE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those high-end D3 schools are not cheap. In most cases, you talking 50K to 75K a year. So low-level D1 might be the best option for a lot of families.

Not always the case, in some situations the D3 schools will offer more money through grants and merit money, and the money is not tied to athletics

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wishful thinking, no loyalty with the RFH kids, head coach will push top kids to LE

Truth be told....I don't think the top RFH kids will play enough at LE. They will be in the 18-32 range so why would they go? They would get way more playing time at Mad Dog.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 team at bbl has indeed had a mass exodus over the last 2 years. To whomever is implying that the best player is going to be going to DB for Highschool, is that true? i do not believe so.

You read that wrong. I think they are saying he would go play for a different club with his buddies unless the team gets better from some DB kids.

We shall see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth be told....I don't think the top RFH kids will play enough at LE. They will be in the 18-32 range so why would they go? They would get way more playing time at Mad Dog.

The 22 and 23 RFH midfielders that are going to Yale may say otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 Kids leave this summer and BBL 25 team and it is decimated? I think 25 is okay as long as the only player on 25 you really ever slide to leaves. The kid from West Essex. If that double leaves forget that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LE has two RFH/Yale commits, not to mention the RFH/Brown commit (and the poached RFH/Villanova commit), this is like moths to a flame for the RFH parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 Kids leave this summer and BBL 25 team and it is decimated? I think 25 is okay as long as the only player on 25 you really ever slide to leaves. The kid from West Essex. If that double leaves forget that team.

To clarify, there are 4 kids that are leaving this year. The best goalie, attackman, fogo, and second best middie all left this year. The best LSM left last year. That makes 5 of the top 6 kids that have left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To clarify, there are 4 kids that are leaving this year. The best goalie, attackman, fogo, and second best middie all left this year. The best LSM left last year. That makes 5 of the top 6 kids that have left.

Wow. fool. I thought bbl 25 were deeper than that honestly. Tough loss. That number 1 that remains is 1,2 and 3 on that team so will be interesting. He was the only player in NJ to start Freshmen year from day 1 in NJ as an offensive player and not as a fogo or goalie or defender in a long time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LE has two RFH/Yale commits, not to mention the RFH/Brown commit (and the poached RFH/Villanova commit), this is like moths to a flame for the RFH parents.
Mad Dog is great for growing the game at the Shore. But they are by no means going to keep their top players. Forget about RFH they can't keep the top players in their backyard, Squan and Wall. Do you think a parent is going to pick Orchard Park over Rutgers for practice?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. fool. I thought bbl 25 were deeper than that honestly. Tough loss. That number 1 that remains is 1,2 and 3 on that team so will be interesting. He was the only player in NJ to start Freshmen year from day 1 in NJ as an offensive player and not as a fogo or goalie or defender in a long time.

Fair enough on the middie. He is for sure the guy. But to lose the meat and potatoes of your team to other programs before important recruiting years is an issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mad Dog is great for growing the game at the Shore. But they are by no means going to keep their top players. Forget about RFH they can't keep the top players in their backyard, Squan and Wall. Do you think a parent is going to pick Orchard Park over Rutgers for practice?

I don't think the Manasquan and Wall kids will be going outside of Mad Dog anymore. 23's are done and the 24's are in their final 10 months. Their is no one relevant from Manasquan or Wall on LE or any other teams from 2025 down in age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think he was referring to the younger kids on Mad Dog from a post he did not quote. Not the 2023's from RFH that are already committed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think the Manasquan and Wall kids will be going outside of Mad Dog anymore. 23's are done and the 24's are in their final 10 months. Their is no one relevant from Manasquan or Wall on LE or any other teams from 2025 down in age.
No teams are relevant until they get into high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they will go to Tristate before Mad Dog

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think he was referring to the younger kids on Mad Dog from a post he did not quote. Not the 2023's from RFH that are already committed

I realize that, but you have to understand the RFH mentality. They see those top recruits at LE, they will want their kids on LE...look no further than the 2023's that left Blue Star,,it will trickle down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think he was referring to the younger kids on Mad Dog from a post he did not quote. Not the 2023's from RFH that are already committed

I realize that, but you have to understand the RFH mentality. They see those top recruits at LE, they will want their kids on LE...look no further than the 2023's that left Blue Star,,it will trickle down.

If I am not mistaken, RFH already has a lot of young talent on the younger Tri-State and LE teams already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did not make the first post but Mad Dog puts more people at the D1 level than LE amongst others. I believe what he was trying to say was that at the 2025 grade and below, Mad Dog has a large group of kids and the teams are all pretty good. Someone else said the RFH kids would leave. Then someone else said why would they leave when they are on a good team and gets playing time now and if they leave they could be in the middle or the bottom of the barrel on LE. WHEW!!!! It sounds like the Manasquan and Wall kids are not going to leave them in the future. Hope that makes sense and lets move onto another club LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn’t know one player makes a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: Mad Dog putting kids at the D1 level.

It is important to recognize that Mad Dog runs East and West Coast teams that combine for a National team. I believe the majority of their D1 guys are West Coast players. In the past, they have had a good mix such as the 2021 class but recent history has favored the West. I also recognize their 2025 East team is very talented.

Kids may choose to leave Mad Dog for another NJ program if they don’t make the National team as that could limit their exposure.I’m not sure how practices work with the east/west/national teams but that could be a factor as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: Mad Dog putting kids at the D1 level.

It is important to recognize that Mad Dog runs East and West Coast teams that combine for a National team. I believe the majority of their D1 guys are West Coast players. In the past, they have had a good mix such as the 2021 class but recent history has favored the West. I also recognize their 2025 East team is very talented.

Kids may choose to leave Mad Dog for another NJ program if they don’t make the National team as that could limit their exposure.I’m not sure how practices work with the east/west/national teams but that could be a factor as well.

They did not have a 21, 22 and 23 team that is why the east did not put anyone into college. Those from NJ played on their west coast team or national. Their talent begins at the 25 level and down; plain and simple, those ages will get kids into college. Likewise, they have a pretty big pool of talent at those levels. Lets move on like the other dude said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what happened to the Towerman? I am assuming they stayed together. I do not know one parent or kid on the team but I find their situation intriguing.
Great question, let's get off one group of clueless dads, Mad Dog & move to the other clueless dads Toweman!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair enough on the middie. He is for sure the guy. But to lose the meat and potatoes of your team to other programs before important recruiting years is an issue.

I agree he is the guy. But, he was not the only freshman in NJ to start from day 1. There's a lot of "internal issues" with BBL 2025 that had players leave to go to other clubs. One player does not make a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great question, let's get off one group of clueless dads, Mad Dog & move to the other clueless dads Toweman!

Clueless dad here. Towermen is alive and well. Only one player left the team and that was only because he reclassed. Great kids and awesome coaches. Like minded parents who appreciate the multi sport mentality and a very realistic schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Loyalty? There's no loyalty when BBL puts all their resources into one player. And free tuition doesn't hurt either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Curious. How did that work out for the 2023 Bluestar kids? Any of them get recruited to top schools? Honest question.

Like Reply Quote
Page 61 of 72 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard