BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19
Re: Boys 2025-10th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm happy that you were treated well and you're still with the Igloo 2025 program. If you were not a B team (Flurry) parent than you have no right to comment on the situation. In fact, you were part of the problem as Northface parents were too eager to allow their players to compete in tournaments meant for Flurry. The Igloo Flurry players and parents got duped and should be angry. They had playing time taken from them because your Northface player was in their tournament. You also had no shame as parents from other teams questioned why you were there in the first place. There was zero transparency and outright lies after last years tryouts. 1.5 teams was never relayed to the parents who pay the bills. Luckily we've already moved onto a new program. Some good players still tried to go back and got the door slammed in their face. They were told Igloo is a sought after national brand and they're not needed. Stay classy Igloo.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, these situations with only two club years left is very concerning. There were several 1.5 situations out there. Please parents, do your research, ask the questions, and get commitments from a club in writing before you put down your hard earned money and waste a valuable recruiting year. New season, no need to list clubs that tried the 1.5 model last year. Point is, ask questions. Red flags in my opinion are, same coach for two teams in the same age bracket and combined practices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In 2024 and 2025 Nike is much better on LI. Same in Maryland, DMV, FL, Conn, Cali, TX. PA is still UA and NJ is split but both will change. Nike got the $. Wish we only did Nike last few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I guess instead of folding the Flurry team in September when the realization that there were only 12 players who registered Igloo tried to figure out a way salvage the situation. Obviously it didn’t work. But with only 12 players Flurry was going to need players to help them at their tournaments. Not all Northface players went to the Flurry tournaments. Hopefully everyone was able to find a new program during this summer’s tryouts and will once again be able to enjoy the sport of lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any advice for missing hs games for elite club games and how to best message? Tips and cautionary tales appreciated.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any advice for missing hs games for elite club games and how to best message? Tips and cautionary tales appreciated.

Don't do it. School ball ALWAYS comes first

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very bad look don’t do it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody else have an issue with replying directly to comment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the Rebels tuition for 22/23?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call and ask them. Im sure they will give you an upfront answer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Well I guess instead of folding the Flurry team in September when the realization that there were only 12 players who registered Igloo tried to figure out a way salvage the situation. Obviously it didn’t work. But with only 12 players Flurry was going to need players to help them at their tournaments. Not all Northface players went to the Flurry tournaments. Hopefully everyone was able to find a new program during this summer’s tryouts and will once again be able to enjoy the sport of lacrosse.[/quote
Thank you Igloo director, and if you're a parent why do you all of the sudden feel guilty? Instead of being honest early and allowing the Flurry kids to find other teams Igloo decided to pocket the cash. No apologies, no refunds, no transparency. Parents pay the bills NOT the players so how about communicate directly to us. Of course it didn't work, nobody was informed until rosters were announced. Igloo was too concerned with winning and promoting their brand. They didn't play Flurry players for bs reasons, not all related to lacrosse. Almost all Northface players and parents knowingly took spots in lesser Flurry tournaments. I applaud those ethical parents who didn't let their kids play, for those that did, karma is a B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand the frustration of the Igloo Flurry parents, if we were in that situation i would be highly pissed. I have one question though, did Igloo charge the Norhtface Kids extra to compete in those tournaments. Didi the teams practice together and have any chemistry?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's 3 questions, you said you only have 1 question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand the frustration of the Igloo Flurry parents, if we were in that situation i would be highly pissed. I have one question though, did Igloo charge the Norhtface Kids extra to compete in those tournaments. Didi the teams practice together and have any chemistry?
Answer; No, No and No. Did the Flurry parents get a refund for NOT playing; No. Did Igloo win any tournaments; NO. are people dense enough to go back, Yes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of what get posted here is hard to figure out. However, one takeaway is combo A and half B teams don’t work. The B team being coached by the same A is a recipe for failure in my opinion. Just create two separate teams, why is that so hard?That means separate rosters and separate coaches. And if the roster falls short, figure things out and call around to other clubs and be transparent with the families. That goes further then trying to limp along with half a roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the igloo supplemental tryout for real? Are they looking for 2025's? A or B?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are any of the supplemental tryouts for real? Call ahead and ask, pretty sure you'll get an answer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

That don’t have a B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best advice. If you are looking for a team. Because all the tryouts are over and invites have to be out. Just email the clubs and inquire. Express for Nassau and Legacy for Suffolk I would suggest those clubs for starters. Only because I know both those clubs will likely respond. And don’t wait for the supplementals because with three teams cxling programs, spots are hard to come by.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cancelled?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So why are they still advertising a supplemental tryout on this page?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of what get posted here is hard to figure out. However, one takeaway is combo A and half B teams don’t work. The B team being coached by the same A is a recipe for failure in my opinion. Just create two separate teams, why is that so hard?That means separate rosters and separate coaches. And if the roster falls short, figure things out and call around to other clubs and be transparent with the families. That goes further then trying to limp along with half a roster.
To your point about the clubs that tried to do 1.5 teams, I somewhat agree. Although coaching was separate the product stunk. There was is communication as is often the case with these clubs. A team guest players would rarely come off the field. The coaches pretend to have an expectation that if they tell a 14yo kid something they'll relay that to the parent. The reality is we pay the 3K each year not the kid, communicate with us. There is typically no price differential and the product and commitment don't match the A team service. Why people continue to pay to get treated poorly is beyond me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only thing being supplemented is the Penguin's wallet and belly.... If anyone cuts a check for that farce then Ive got a bridge to sell you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To your point about the clubs that tried to do 1.5 teams, I somewhat agree. Although coaching was separate the product stunk. There was is communication as is often the case with these clubs. A team guest players would rarely come off the field. The coaches pretend to have an expectation that if they tell a 14yo kid something they'll relay that to the parent. The reality is we pay the 3K each year not the kid, communicate with us. There is typically no price differential and the product and commitment don't match the A team service. Why people continue to pay to get treated poorly is beyond me.

You last point is spot on. You are the customers. There are great B team situations out there. However, there some that are a complete mess and some so so. The best people ask is people on the team or better yet people who left the club. Sadly it is hard to listen to some clubs as they are selling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the sales pitch they are using. In fairness, so is every other club. I am of the opinion that non NLF clubs will likely never have a high level ACC recruit. Because lax is structured on tiers with the creation of the NLF and NLF member clubs seem just attract the best talent.

Just look at all last years 4 and 5 stars. Hence, picking the right club matters.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/2023-recruits-il-s-top-50-young-gun-junior-rankings/58405
You'll see fewer LI players committing to big D1 programs going forward. The skills are about equal but the out of state teams have better athletes. LI has too many players that are either big and slow OR small and weak. These players are not desirable to top college programs. Top college coaches want big, strong players with SPEED. You underestimate the speed of the game at that level.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Omitted words as it goes against our community forum standards
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the sales pitch they are using. In fairness, so is every other club. I am of the opinion that non NLF clubs will likely never have a high level ACC recruit. Because lax is structured on tiers with the creation of the NLF and NLF member clubs seem just attract the best talent.

Just look at all last years 4 and 5 stars. Hence, picking the right club matters.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/2023-recruits-il-s-top-50-young-gun-junior-rankings/58405
You'll see fewer LI players committing to big D1 programs going forward. The skills are about equal but the out of state teams have better athletes. LI has too many players that are either big and slow OR small and weak. These players are not desirable to top college programs. Top college coaches want big, strong players with SPEED. You underestimate the speed of the game at that level.

1st... Non NLF clubs do have players that commit to ACC schools...granted not many but they do. Top players tend to play with other top players. 91 and Express have been the best teams on LI in recent past. True Blue has a 2023 going to North Carolina. Igloo has had a few ACC players.

2nd Not all players post their commitment on inside lacrosse. IL commitment page is fairly accurate but not 100%

3rd.. Yes LI will have fewer commits not because LI has Small or weak athletes. it's because Lax has grown tremendously outside of the traditional hot beds. More kids are playing high level lax around the country than ever before. Co. Fla, Cali. Texas Ohio and Canada are producing High IQ High skilled players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And what if you dont care about recruitment and you just want to play the game because you like it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the best players are always from LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not according to last years rankings they are not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And what if you dont care about recruitment and you just want to play the game because you like it?

Let the kids play because they want to rep their hs and play some club with friends. It amazes me how many sheep follow the advice from guys who barely made it out of community colleges but tell you they have the formula and ability to get you into a big time school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B team is perfect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those days are long gone. The rest of the country has caught up. Stick to golf.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That may have been the case in the past but I see these teams at tournaments. The LI teams are still competitive but other regions have better athletes. It could be as simple as reclasses or different school cutoffs by state but there is a noticeable difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Son played both Nike and UnderA. Nike was a lot better in 2025 and in 2024. Why the gap?

UA used to be the best of the best. Now? There’s a bunch of good showcases and a lot of the LI kids aren’t looking for another summer weekend down in Maryland the last week in July or the first week in August. Nike is earlier in the summer in the thick of summer lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Son played both Nike and UnderA. Nike was a lot better in 2025 and in 2024. Why the gap?

UA used to be the best of the best. Now? There’s a bunch of good showcases and a lot of the LI kids aren’t looking for another summer weekend down in Maryland the last week in July or the first week in August. Nike is earlier in the summer in the thick of summer lacrosse.

So much is done on social these days also. A lot of these coaches follow players and then go watch them play. Video highlights are being replaced by video clips.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So why are they still advertising a supplemental tryout on this page?
Someone said Igloo folded their B team. How is that possible if tonight is tryout? I have emailed and gotten no response. With all the Igloo bashing/defending on here someone has to know. Did Igloo already fill their roster??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very easy, the guys in charge of picking the UA team did a bunch of favors for club/town kids. For all of LI, the team was basically Legacy, Express and HS kids from the south shore. These coaches get involved to prop up their own guys, it's good business for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very easy, the guys in charge of picking the UA team did a bunch of favors for club/town kids. For all of LI, the team was basically Legacy, Express and HS kids from the south shore. These coaches get involved to prop up their own guys, it's good business for them. They're not there to pick the best players, it's about politics and making money. Look at the coaches and the roster a little closer and it will all make sense. It's become so obvious that a lot of good players don't even waste their time trying out.

Or it’s because there is so much you can’t do it all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they do... Their B team is called "The A team"

Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard