BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 231 of 313 1 2 229 230 231 232 233 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with MSJ comments they are irrelevant and Costabile past news. Coach wouldn’t know what to do with a talent like that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never say never…..irrelevant to you? A lot can change, my friend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please, let’s keep talking about LB, CH, AS and others who are getting the most out of their high profile talent?

Look at the scores. Watch the games. If MSJ had just a sliver of that talent they would have been in the playoffs this year. Meanwhile those schools have 10x the talent and regularly underperform. CH should have won it all this year. And LB has a starting team full of D1 talent but weak.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Omitted words as it goes against our community forum standards
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonough picked up 2 Gtown prep transfers. Both D1 commit s and will be seniors

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They’ll sit a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't think so. There in different conference so they can transfer. Kid went from GP to LB a few years ago for senior year. Seems odd though. The one kid committed to Duke, IACC is great league. A least decent coaching as Urick had been a college coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players going to Mcd should sit a year. MIAA needs to get a grip on this now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MIAA is getting exactly what they want - the best players in the country. The only people getting bent are the ones that feel their kid is entitled to playing time because they have been at the school longer.

If you want fair, go to a public school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Players going to Mcd should sit a year. MIAA needs to get a grip on this now."

Disagree. Per MIAA rules, they don't have to sit out.

The notion of making a varsity athlete sit out an entire year because he or she changes schools is unfair and wrong. Kids change schools for many reasons, not just for sports. The thinking behind this is misguided, and the unintended consequence is making an athlete stay in a school that may be a wrong fit just to avoid having to sit out for a year.

It is time for the MIAA to get in step with the changes happening in athletics. The NCAA has a transfer portal and allows athletes to make money while in college, while the MIAA treats these kids like they are indentured servants, all the while while smiling and looking the other way when athletes are given generous financial aid based solely on sports (which is clearly against their rules).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids who want to transfer but can’t are the kids at the end of the CH and LB benches.

But I’d want to transfer too if I got to a school and realized I was 1 of 40 kids in a recruiting class and only 12 of us would make the team our senior year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WCAC school stopped a kid from playing last year when he transferred to an MIAA school. Not the IAC, but it happened. Kid suited up for practices and couldn’t play any games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore command team is winless through Friday. The politics involved with the coaches is so bad that the better players don’t tryout or get cut. The outcome is then predictable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s Corrigan fault he so wants to make Rough Riders relevant

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore lax is a mess. It started with the demise of MYLA. Now an over abundance of mediocre, overpriced club teams and year round training and focus on lax only. All the while the sport is growing elsewhere and the level of play in those places keeps getting better. The arms race for boarders will only make things worse. The class of 19 (20 if not for Covid)was the last group of kids that grew up in MYLA and didn’t start club until 6th or 7th grade (because that’s when it started) and Crabs and FCA were the only game in town. There were a handful of club tournaments that mattered and FCA, Crabs, HHH, Madlax, 91NY (the only 91 at the time) were always in the finals and 90% of those team’s rosters went onto play in college. I wish they would bring back MYLA. $ is ruining Baltimore lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hottie’s dad is BK’s best friend. Yes Wray is better but he was not advocated for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Mr Wray

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I mean these kids have been out of High School for 2 months and most will be reporting to their freshman year in a few weeks at 20 years old or older… No one cares but their Dads about these notIntelligent senior tournaments… 5w

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Y W. So you know of the bff relationship too. Thanks for the confirmation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents just don’t understand.

8th grade fca tryouts are filled with hopeful parents that want to position their kid for high school.

They don’t realize fca isn’t the secret ingredient.

Your kid doesn’t really have a shot to play in hs unless you are a muy generoso friend of the program…

or half of your son’s position group gets kicked out of school/hurt…mid-season.

Don’t say I didn’t warn ya.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What's LB doing to get some more initiators on offense and better performance at the FO X for next year? Also what's the plan for the team D? Too few initiators on offense hence the opposing D would cheat thereby minimizing scoring opportunities. No FO back up strategy? Where were the poles at X if you wanted to make FOs a 50/50 ball? Sorry, what I saw was "make it take it". Heck, if you're best players are poles put 2 or 3 on the FO team and face guard the opposing attack with shorties. The answer was not what developed on Team D: players cherry picking for offensive stats, not playing good settled help D, going for CTOs at bad spots on the field hence giving up easy goals. I felt bad for the keeper because there was almost never a slide to the ball carrier much less a two or three slide.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just realized the Under Armour Spotlight team is made up of at least 5 of Lee Corrigan’s 2024 Roughriders team. He owns the the tournament. Does everyone make it? Or is it his way to give them an advantage?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not surprised. Will be lucky to be around in a few years. Nike ate their lunch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I just realized the Under Armour Spotlight team is made up of at least 5 of Lee Corrigan’s 2024 Roughriders team. He owns the the tournament. Does everyone make it? Or is it his way to give them an advantage?[quote]

Advantage? Spotlight invites are sent out to anyone who tried out and didn't make the real teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do players have to choose whether they will compete in Nike or UA All American games? Why wouldn't they do both if they could?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are either helpful?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Do players have to choose whether they will compete in Nike or UA All American games? Why wouldn't they do both if they could?[quote]

Many do both. However, when Nike came on the scene, they scheduled tryouts at exactly the same time as the UA tryouts and the NLF clubs strongly encouraged their kids to tryout for Nike. UA, or All-America now because UA dropped out of lacrosse, is still a big deal at just about every else. In Baltimore, Nike seems to have surpassed All-America, but elsewhere they are about the same. The (formerly UA) senior game, with ESPN and other sponsors behind it for both boys and girls, is still the better event by far. They may be able to maintain a solid foothold with the seniors in that event supposedly chosed from the ranks of the kids who competed in the underclass games. Both are still very presitgious events and college coaches turn out for both in spades. Nike is way more expensive because you pay another $300 on top of tryout fees if you make the team. All-America has slid to later in the summer and some kids are done by then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is helpful. Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
McD wins this coming year. Just wait until everyone sees their transfers. People on this forum are going to lose their minds

St. Mary's returns most of their offensive and defensive stars. The Saints just re-load at keeper so I look for them to be in the final four next Spring.

BL also just reloads. Coaching, recruiting, player development are all excellent. They will be in the final four.

CHC will be off quite a bit next year. They lost a lot and while they have a ton of depth (bench and underclass teams), I don't see any of the returning players replacing the likes of Sunderland and Wray on offense and their LSM and graduating seniors on D. I'm looking for SP to bump them from the final four.

SP returns a ton and was clearly one of the top six teams at the end of the 2022 season. Look for them to push hard and make the semis. I really like the unselfishness of this Program offensively.

McD looks really strong next year. The transfer portal has strengthened their lack of defensive and FO depth. They retain most of their middies and their entire attack. If they stay healthy, the Eagles will score a ton of goals and will be tough to beat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD portal is off the charts!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three tiers next year.
First two are playoff locks.
Choose one more from the remaining.

McD
BL
StP

CH
STM

LB
S
AS
JC
MSJ
GIL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three tiers next year.

McD
BL
StP

CH
STM

LB
S
AS
JC
MSJ
GIL

This actually looks pretty good. I would switch SP and STM but agree that those are your first 5. I think Severn gets in after that with strong FO X play and a few stellar offensive players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous1787]What's LB doing to get some more initiators on offense and better performance at the FO X for next year? Also what's the plan for the team D? Too few initiators on offense hence the opposing D would cheat thereby minimizing scoring opportunities. No FO back up strategy? Where were the poles at X if you wanted to make FOs a 50/50 ball? Sorry, what I saw was "make it take it". Heck, if you're best players are poles put 2 or 3 on the FO team and face guard the opposing attack with shorties. The answer was not what developed on Team D: players cherry picking for offensive stats, not playing good settled help D, going for CTOs at bad spots on the field hence giving up easy goals. I felt bad for the keeper because there was almost never a slide to the ball carrier much less a two or

Didn’t you post the same rant a few weeks back coach? Focus on you sons recovery and his career at Towson 💨

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three tiers next year.

McD
BL
StP

CH
STM

LB
S
AS
JC
MSJ
GIL

I think this is close but I would move CH up to 3 and SP down to 3rd tier with Sp, S and LB fighting for the last playoff spot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three tiers next year.

McD
BL
StP

CH
STM

LB
S
AS
JC
MSJ
GIL

I think this is close but I would move CH up to 3 and SP down to 3rd tier with Sp, S and LB fighting for the last playoff spot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A StP guy clearly did those tiers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why hasn’t anyone mentioned BL’s recruits? A few of the top 24’s in country heading their way. BL is some how staying below the radar with all their new recruits. The Dorm is filling up!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three tiers next year.

McD
BL
StP

CH
STM

LB
S
AS
JC
MSJ
GIL

I think you just want to fight with Sp parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three tiers next year.

McD
BL
StP

CH
STM

LB
S
AS
JC
MSJ
GIL

STM is top dog next. Picked up a few nice transfers from public

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three tiers next year.

McD
BL
StP

CH
STM

LB
S
AS
JC
MSJ
GIL

STM is top dog next. Picked up a few nice transfers from public

BL, LB, and CH all picked up elite out of state transfers but I'm sure the Calvert County transfers to St Marys are great too.

Like Reply Quote
Page 231 of 313 1 2 229 230 231 232 233 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard