BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 30 31
Re: Girls 2027-8th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty has to be one of the worst. They have zero clue how to hold a tryout.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Jesters has a good team but the coaches aren’t the
best! Daddy coach, all about his daughter and his favorites.

Seems to be the trend of this program among others. Jesters becoming very YJ like. Too many kids per age group at tryouts. 24 thread talking about how unhappy they were with their daddy coach as well and same complaint FAVORITISM to his kid and her buddies.

Jesters may be on the up and up, but if that means paralleling what. YJ does with parent coaches and abcdefg teams, what’s the point. Getting greedy with too many teams and not being willing to use the cashola from those teams to pay good coaches instead of parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you mean? My daughter tried out and is seriously considering moving there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters only carries 20-21 girls on their black teams. Far from the 25-27 carried by YJ, TG or Leagcy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not 100% sure about 27. But I watched the 28 Liberty tryouts and talked to parents about it. I think they did a fairly good job....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters only carries 20-21 girls on their black teams. Far from the 25-27 carried by YJ, TG or Leagcy.

This is because Jesters will gladly have b, c, d, and e teams in addition so long as the sheep pay...besides YJ you are also way overstating the roster size of other teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is because Jesters will gladly have b, c, d, and e teams in addition so long as the sheep pay...besides YJ you are also way overstating the roster size of other teams

Look if a parent is the head coach of the team. If so that should be your reason to go elsewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The tryouts for Liberty (and most other top clubs) are really only for B teams and a revenue generator. Any girls serious about the top team has already worked in with them during the summer. Very very rare for someone the club has never seen before to come into a tryout cold and make the top team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It may be rare but word is that’s exactly what Liberty did. Dropped players after seeing brand new talent from other clubs show up at tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It may be rare but word is that’s exactly what Liberty did. Dropped players after seeing brand new talent from other clubs show up at tryout.

That’s because liberty isn’t a top club.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They dropped girls from their A team? I know girls from their A team were at FLG and TG tryouts ([Censored] to get posted on their instagrams). Curious if you will see Liberty A girls at YJ tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one was at FLG tryouts. Hence supplemental. Nice try.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am from Heros, my daughter is on the team. This whole YJ and FLG debate will never go to rest. To me YJ is very good but their coaching is their downfall. They have great great players but most of them don't see the feild. When a team like YJ is forced into a settled offense it is hard for them to covert against another good defense because their offense isn't well coached , they run off of fast break and free pos. Yes FLG is very good and I would pick them over YJ everyday flg does not have a deep roster like them. FLG coaching is incredible and everyone plays, but I have not seen them play against other top 10 teams so it's hard to compare FLG and YJ. Now FLG is in better tournaments and are no longer playing these bad teams anymore. I hope to see them in good ones in the fall, i enjoy playing them, playing YJ is almost non enjoyable because they play very scrappy. FLG is very good they definitely deserve the top 10 ranking, if they get a few more solid players they could really be step up even more. If I was from LI i would put my daughter on FLG if I wanted her to grow and play, but YJ is a good option, I would just be scared about my kids playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am from Heros, my daughter is on the team. This whole YJ and FLG debate will never go to rest. To me YJ is very good but their coaching is their downfall. They have great great players but most of them don't see the feild. When a team like YJ is forced into a settled offense it is hard for them to covert against another good defense because their offense isn't well coached , they run off of fast break and free pos. Yes FLG is very good and I would pick them over YJ everyday flg does not have a deep roster like them. FLG coaching is incredible and everyone plays, but I have not seen them play against other top 10 teams so it's hard to compare FLG and YJ. Now FLG is in better tournaments and are no longer playing these bad teams anymore. I hope to see them in good ones in the fall, i enjoy playing them, playing YJ is almost non enjoyable because they play very scrappy. FLG is very good they definitely deserve the top 10 ranking, if they get a few more solid players they could really be step up even more. If I was from LI i would put my daughter on FLG if I wanted her to grow and play, but YJ is a good option, I would just be scared about my kids playing time.

Right I’m sure you’re from Hero’s…you just sound a little bit like a certain director of a certain club your clamoring on about

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They dropped girls from their A team? I know girls from their A team were at FLG and TG tryouts ([Censored] to get posted on their instagrams). Curious if you will see Liberty A girls at YJ tryouts.
Liberty doesn’t play in the right tournaments.
Who did they get from other clubs? Girls who didn’t make the A teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First time back on here in a while and unfortunately this forum has been hijacked by a few unhappy and uniformed parents. Reading the comments on Jesters Daddy coaches, Liberty Tryouts, B Teams, who are believed to be the better Clubs, and what is best for players makes you realize the best thing you can do is stay off this forum.

Go find someone you respect who you can talk to in person and who has played the game or has older kids who have already gone through the process. If you continue to go by what the few miserable parents whose daughter clearly isn't getting playing time or got cut this summer, you are hurting your daughter and family. Too many people on this 2027 forum who think they have a clue on the process. Forums are obviously all about opinions, but please don't base your daughters lacrosse development and happiness on anything in this one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dont even know who Heros is, but you are giving an in-depth review of LI teams. Yea right. Sorry director.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope. It’s the age old argument on this forum. Stay and ride the bench on a better team or find a place to play and grow (and be happy). See below ⬇️ Some times it isn’t about the “rankings”. It’s about doing right by your own kid and not getting caught up in the drama and gossip. Too bad we aren’t teaching our kids to root for each other. I know I am.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said...don't listen to the disgruntled on here. I would suggest going to check out those coaches during a practice or tourney before you accept something written here by someone whose daughter simply isn't getting it done and wants to point the finger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dont even know who Heros is, but you are giving an in-depth review of LI teams. Yea right. Sorry director.

Based on the quality of the writing.....I would assume this is a kid from a local L.I. team. If not, someone' needs needs to consider staying off the keyboard

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More likely a YJ parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's parent, tell me the jersey number of the girl who left after fall tournament and where did she go to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By favorites you must mean better players. These are competitive teams...of course the better players (aka favorites) play a large role. From youth through professional sports, there are main (star) players and role players. It has nothing to do with whether or not the coach is a parent coach. That only becomes an issue when the parent coaches kid clearly isn't a good player but is treated like one. Not the case at Jesters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on the quality of the writing.....I would assume this is a kid from a local L.I. team. If not, someone' needs needs to consider staying off the keyboard

LOL, agree. Has to be a kid. “ be scared about my kids playing time” . If not a kid, maybe an adult that had one too many adult beverages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's parent, tell me the jersey number of the girl who left after fall tournament and where did she go to?

99, BLC. I AM a Heros parent, unlike the other one that posted above claiming to be one. YJ is the far better team, IMO (a probably most on the team). We have only played FLG once (I think?), and while they were decent, they did not really give our girls a problem. YJ Graz, on the other hand, is always a slug fest with us. Never know who is going to win that game on any given day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why all the FLG talk? Program blows except for one year (look up yearly rankings for each club) . In reality you have a better chance your kids getting looks on legacy for college if that’s what you’re going for….and that’s not saying much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are "B" Teams all about the money?

Lacrosse is certainly a business. But the second team in some Clubs is exactly what certain players need to build confidence. "But they aren't playing against the best of the best!" Maybe that is not what is best for every player at this point in time. GET ON THE FIELD and play at a Club at any level and where your daughter DEVELOPS and builds CONFIDENCE! If the player wants to get better and put in the time, find the right coaches putting in the time with their players.

The parents who can block out all the other noise are giving their daughter a major advantage in the away they approach this all.

#laxislife

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By favorites you must mean better players. These are competitive teams...of course the better players (aka favorites) play a large role. From youth through professional sports, there are main (star) players and role players. It has nothing to do with whether or not the coach is a parent coach. That only becomes an issue when the parent coaches kid clearly isn't a good player but is treated like one. Not the case at Jesters.

Well, hearing from parents on the dad coached Jesters team in question, It sounds fishy. Seems like it was more of a showcase team for the daddy coaches daughter? Maybe the other players did not get a fair shot?

It’s a shame as we know the girls and there is some very good players who got overlooked for “daddy’s girl” and all the plays that lead to her. It’s Too bad, could have been a much better, well rounded team without dad involved! When will the clubs learns learn the lesson of non parent coached teams are better and less toxic!?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like another parent whose kid couldn't make the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The parent coach with a daughter playing at a high level is an easy target to place blame on. Should consider spending less time here and more time working with your daughter. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it possible that some times really good players get cut? That maybe one coach doesn’t see in them what another does? Maybe they haven’t hit their potential yet. Maybe a they aren’t mature enough yet, or haven’t committed completely to lacrosse and are playing multiple sports.They are 13-year-old girls and it’s very possible that the best player in college some day is sitting on a B team after being cut. Or maybe she hasn’t even made it to an A team yet because she just hasn’t bloomed. Is it possible that all you have this figured out and like to talk rankings, who isn’t getting playing time and who is getting cut have missed the bigger picture?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it possible that some times really good players get cut? That maybe one coach doesn’t see in them what another does? Maybe they haven’t hit their potential yet. Maybe a they aren’t mature enough yet, or haven’t committed completely to lacrosse and are playing multiple sports.They are 13-year-old girls and it’s very possible that the best player in college some day is sitting on a B team after being cut. Or maybe she hasn’t even made it to an A team yet because she just hasn’t bloomed. Is it possible that all you have this figured out and like to talk rankings, who isn’t getting playing time and who is getting cut have missed the bigger picture?

remember tryouts are ultimately one person's opinion and people can often disagree on talent and potential.

As you get closer to high school, though, one thing that starts to play a bigger factor in tryouts is recruit ability. This means some smaller girls (who don't have elite speed) may get passed over for some bigger ones who are more likely to be recruited by top teams.

Clubs know their ability to get girls recruited is their currency and they will often try to ensure they are carrying the most recruitable girls, even if they aren't currently the best players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw it on my older kid's team. The boy in question was good for 5 points a game but wasn't particularly flashy or overly athletic. His lax IQ was off the chart, and he was always in the right place at the right time and saw the plays developing before everyone else. There was a coaching change; the new coach cut him at tryouts. All the parents were speechless. So yes, it can and does happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this age and above there should be no parents coaching, simple as that. The clubs at his level with dads coaching it is pretty obvious the favoritism. Early years is one thing but as high school approaches it just shouldn’t happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what Jesters “blue” team is all about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck finding non parent coaches to coach the hundreds of club teams. The numbers needed doesn't exist...and certainly not quality ones. I will say this, outside of the A teams, the biggest turnover in coaching occurs with non parent coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't that what a tryout is supposed to accomplish?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this age and above there should be no parents coaching, simple as that. The clubs at his level with dads coaching it is pretty obvious the favoritism. Early years is one thing but as high school approaches it just shouldn’t happen.

Someone said it earlier, but I think you need to look at every situation differently.

Our daughter was new to Liberty Black 2027 this past season and could not have had a better experience with our parent coach. You can see what energy and dedication can bring to a team and the girls respond well to him. No favoritism and he went above and beyond which benefited all of the girls and the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it is about money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it is about money.

It’s their A team. Black is AA blue is A

Page 3 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard