BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,263
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 31 1 2 3 4 30 31
Re: Girls 2027-8th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire a good program, off the radar with no politics.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fear the Chartreuse!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many does Empire carry on each roster?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG or YJ? Which is better, not talking about the club just talking about the team, YJ goes to a few mor tourneys, but FLG went to good ones this year, maybe more next year. If I put my daughter on one of those teams which will she play on and benefit more from.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go back and read for pages on YJ and FLG. Are you talking A or B teams? YJ seems to play only the top few and the rest sit. FLG has a tighter roster and seems to play everyone. The debate on who’s better will go on forever. You will never get an unbiased answer here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talking about the A FLG and YJ teams, it used to be YJ is better by a long shot, FLG has gotten better, Right now they are pretty much neck to neck. But on YJ you will only benifit if you've been on the team for years, it is hard for new players to get a good spot on that team. FLG you would certainly be playing, and the coaching is most definitely better then YJ. If FLG can get a few more good players and keep their coach they could be much better then YJ. If YJ can get a better coaching staff they will be better ( that is a very big IF for yj). YJ carry's a great roster with many talented girls, if they had a coach like FLG they could really be top 4. FLG is also very talented I'm excited to see if they get a few more good players because they could truely be top 5 too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For what it’s worth, my daughter is on a top 2 MD team, and we would take FLG every day over YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because they’re easier to play against for your daughter and her teammates!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree they are neck in neck, but if you want your daughter to play and get better I would chose FLG, for maybe any other age I would choose YJ over any LI team. FLG for this year is well coached, this girls are really close too. I assume the parent that wrote before is a YJ parent. I'm pretty sure they beat you not too long ago.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A good goalie can make any coach look good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And a good goalie needs good attackers who know how to ride properly, two way middies and a strong defense = TEAM PLAY!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New club named PLAY?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if there was movement from the Empire white team to the green team?

Also, did they just take everyone that was at tryouts? The numbers weren’t huge at tryouts so I am curious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does everyone make a team at Liberty? How hard is it to make Black vs Red?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares????? Tryouts have been very thin at a lot of clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG has a great group of kids who get along and like each other. The difference is the coaching staff; they get the most out of each kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG has a great group of kids who get along and like each other. The difference is the coaching staff; they get the most out of each kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are considered the top Fall Tournaments for 2027 girls? I am sure many girls play soccer or field hockey in the fall. Do teams have to start focusing on lacrosse at this age in the fall? Are there any true three sport athletes anymore?

Also a random question. How do you reply to threads and have them show up under a question? Some seem to be linked under a question. Other responses just seem to be a new thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Facts…. This team should stay together… however they should move collectively to a club such as YJ or Jesters that will pave a path forward. Add a few from their squad, get deeper in roster and go to bigger tourneys as the recruiting years are right the corner -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most girls do play multiple sports, however, focus on lacrosse when there is a conflict. Reality is that most club team install their offenses in the fall and if you miss too many fall practices you will be behind.

Biggest fall tourneys are

Lax For The Cure (1-day)
Fall Draw (1-day)
Chespeake Invite
Mid Atlantic Fall
Live Love Lax

For high school aged girls, IWLCA in Dallas is a major recruiting event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lot of YJ girls at 91 tryouts. 91 does it right. They will be a force to reckone with

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has to be joke post. Team 91 played in one A level tourney [USA lax nationals) and got blown out in every game.

They are a C level club at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do your own research. I saw the flg yja comments but when you do research you’ll see a major difference. Flg has one great win bs yja (which is awesome) but that’s it. Us club lacrosse shows the outcomes. Yja won the mid Atlantic club championships. They beat eagle sticks, alliance ca, and m&d in the SAME DAY. They also beat aces the weekend before. If you look deep they beat every top 10 team this summer except the Florida team who didn’t come up to play. Do read
This for info,but do your own DD to look at teams for your daughter. Somebody saying those two teams are even is fool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it is arguable that yj and flg are neck to neck, but it's hard to compare when flg has not had the chance to play these top teams yet expect for heros. Most definitely this coming year Flg will play these top teams more. This is what I think both teams have the edge in.

Coaching
Flg

Schedule
YJ, flg schedule could get better next szn

Playing (playing time)
Flg (easily)

Playing
Flg great team lacrosse

Roster
Yj easily, talented roster with lots of good players

Personally I would put my daughter on FLG if i wanted her to play and get better, I hope FLG gets a better schedule

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG is a good team. But until they start playing (and beating) top teams, they will always be behind YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. This FLG team is special but still hasn’t grinded it out against as much top teams as YJA. But they are respected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD parent here, outside of the big three (Hero's M&D BLC) which MD team do you guys think is the best, which one do you think is the toughest to beat and why?
Interested to see if it varies from MD opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD parent here, outside of the big three (Hero's M&D BLC) which MD team do you guys think is the best, which one do you think is the toughest to beat and why?
Interested to see if it varies from MD opinion
-------
good question. I think NEMS is probably the most talented, but there are clearly a 3 or 4 girl team. In terms of the best "team", I would probably say MD United. They have no stars, but play really well together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEMS lost their top-3 players to M&D this summer, so NEMS may not be close to what they were before.

MDU seems to have any number of girls that can step up and score, hard to focus on any one player. They are well coached for sure, their ride is tough as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree FLG, TGB and YJB play so many lower ranked teams and blow them out, granted they play some good teams here and there and can definitely give those good teams a run for their money (and even beat them) but it's weird they choose to play in so many lower brackets. How does that all work? Is it all to boost their rankings? Just seems like a lot of the teams they play at tournaments are so far beneath them in capability...it seems like a waste of time and effort, unless it has to do with rankings I just don't get it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Jesters are an up and coming team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agree FLG, TGB and YJB play so many lower ranked teams and blow them out, granted they play some good teams here and there and can definitely give those good teams a run for their money (and even beat them) but it's weird they choose to play in so many lower brackets. How does that all work? Is it all to boost their rankings? Just seems like a lot of the teams they play at tournaments are so far beneath them in capability...it seems like a waste of time and effort, unless it has to do with rankings I just don't get it?

I have spoken to FLG parents about this. The team wants top tourneys and top brackets but it’s on the club directors to make that happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG Parents may want it, but it is unlikely to happen at least for next year. Entries for all major tourneys are pretty much locked.

Live Love Lax Summer is the only major tourney they are in. They aren't in summer genesis, either Lax For the Cure or Maryland Cup.

These tourneys have often multi-year waitlists and it doesn't help to only have one competitive team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the same poster on the rankings! Who gives a [Censored]! You’re the same present who stands around the water cooler bragging how my daughter is on the #x team and your daughter probably sits the bench!
What don’t you get. They set it up so you win some, compete some and see how you do against top competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has to be joke post. Team 91 played in one A level tourney [USA lax nationals) and got blown out in every game.

They are a C level club at best.

You mean the club that had to change their girls side to 91 bandits from 91 and merge with another c level program to stay afloat ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have spoken to FLG parents about this. The team wants top tourneys and top brackets but it’s on the club directors to make that happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters has a good team but the coaches aren’t the
best! Daddy coach, all about his daughter and his favorites.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering sending my daughter to Jesters. What’s the scoop on the coaches? Seems like the team had major improvement this year.

Page 2 of 31 1 2 3 4 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard