BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,636
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 60 of 72 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just saw on instagram. LE had the Player of year, D Player of year, and Mid of the year? That is crazy.

They also have half their 2023s uncommitted, so…

We have a Leading Edge Hater on our hands! Almost that entire team is committed with a couple more that are probably looking at high academic D3s. Take a look at their instagram or website closer and you'll learn. You are probably looking at Inside Lacrosse that has kids on the roster from over 2 years ago and is incorrect.

But yea, you're right, not enough commitments on one team.....

Maryland
Notre Dame
Bucknell
Villanova
Villanova
Denver
Monmouth
Brown
Middlebury
Salisbury
Yale
Navy
UMBC
Lehigh
Fairfield
Hofstra

NJ Riot has a bunch more commitments than LE at the 2023 level. And wasn’t one of the Villanova kids already committed with his other club? Sounds like you’re trying to take credit for something somebody else did. Pretty familiar theme with LE.
NJ Riot 16 of 28 LE 17 of 20, kicking out the two kids that moved over from Blue Star. LE also doesn't send kids to Bellarmine, Merrimack, or Quinnipiac, not saying that is a good thing. At the end of the day, you have good kids on both teams but LE would beat NJ Riot by 6 goals.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok that makes sense about the Riot move to BBL. When I heard it , I didn't understand why bring a college recruiter to BBL North. No one on BBL North can play in college. At the BBL tryouts they did tell the parents they wanted to make 2 AA teams. Didn't see how they were going to do that. No one on Black team would stay if they moved them. Maybe take Helix, North and poached kids to North? North has never caught on.

Bbl is amazing k to 8th black or helix. Lots of practices all year. They want to be good in high school but LE and Tristate hurt that goal. BBL black does not turn over the bottom of their roster so helix and now north and shore kids can’t break in to black so they go to mad dog shore and tristate.

LE gets bashed on this forum for having no loyalty and cutting kids. BBL is now getting a hard time because they don't cut enough kids to make room for Helix/North/Shore kids? It's hard to balance when trying to be competitive.

LE gets bashed on here cause the pump their chests on here but everyone in nj lacrosse knows how they get good. That is why nj lacrosse fans love what tristate is doing at the 24 year. Nj loves the underdog.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is Tristate doing at the 24’s? Just trying to follow, thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw on instagram. LE had the Player of year, D Player of year, and Mid of the year? That is crazy.

We have a Leading Edge Hater on our hands! Almost that entire team is committed with a couple more that are probably looking at high academic D3s. Take a look at their instagram or website closer and you'll learn. You are probably looking at Inside Lacrosse that has kids on the roster from over 2 years ago and is incorrect.

Maryland
Notre Dame
Bucknell
Villanova
Villanova
Denver
Monmouth
Brown
Middlebury
Salisbury
Yale
Navy
UMBC
Lehigh
Fairfield
Hofstra

NJ Riot has a bunch more commitments than LE at the 2023 level. And wasn’t one of the Villanova kids already committed with his other club? Sounds like you’re trying to take credit for something somebody else did. Pretty familiar theme with LE.
NJ Riot 16 of 28 LE 17 of 20, kicking out the two kids that moved over from Blue Star. LE also doesn't send kids to Bellarmine, Merrimack, or Quinnipiac, not saying that is a good thing. At the end of the day, you have good kids on both teams but LE would beat NJ Riot by 6 goals.

LE definitely sends kids to those schools. And it’s not like Hofstra, UMBC, and Fairfield aren’t in that same category.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland
Notre Dame
Bucknell
Villanova
Villanova
Denver
Monmouth
Brown
Middlebury
Salisbury
Yale
Navy
UMBC
Lehigh
Fairfield
Hofstra

LE definitely sends kids to those schools. And it’s not like Hofstra, UMBC, and Fairfield aren’t in that same category.

Don’t forget Monmouth.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Just saw on instagram. LE had the Player of year, D Player of year, and Mid of the year? That is crazy.

Maryland
Notre Dame
Bucknell
Villanova
Villanova
Denver
Monmouth
Brown
Middlebury
Salisbury
Yale
Navy
UMBC
Lehigh
Fairfield
Hofstra

You mean like the LE 2022 kid who committed to Merrimack?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Just saw on instagram. LE had the Player of year, D Player of year, and Mid of the year? That is crazy.

Maryland
Notre Dame
Bucknell
Villanova
Villanova
Denver
Monmouth
Brown
Middlebury
Salisbury
Yale
Navy
UMBC
Lehigh
Fairfield
Hofstra

Poster above shouldn’t knock any of the schools. Good for these kids going on to play at the next level. I have heard that 22 from SPF is a great player . I Hope he does well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean like the LE 2022 kid who committed to Merrimack?[/quote]

Poster above shouldn’t knock any of the schools. Good for these kids going on to play at the next level. I have heard that 22 from SPF is a great player . I Hope he does well.[/quote]

Agreed, all of these kids are excellent lacrosse players, and have found a fit that works for them, pretty low class to knock the schools that they have chosen. Added statement that LE would beat Riot by 6 goals speaks volumes about the poster...if LE has all of these top recruits, why didn't they make the playoff bracket at NAL this weekend....bad coaching?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Poster above shouldn’t knock any of the schools. Good for these kids going on to play at the next level. I have heard that 22 from SPF is a great player . I Hope he does well.[/quote]

Agreed, all of these kids are excellent lacrosse players, and have found a fit that works for them, pretty low class to knock the schools that they have chosen. Added statement that LE would beat Riot by 6 goals speaks volumes about the poster...if LE has all of these top recruits, why didn't they make the playoff bracket at NAL this weekend....bad coaching?[/quote]

They lost a 1 goal game to miss the playoffs. I agree though, its hard to just declare a team would win by 6 when they haven’t played and its awful to knock schools kids have chosen - just let them go live their dreams.
Kudos to all the teams that played NAL, very tough tournament and conditions to end the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Poster above shouldn’t knock any of the schools. Good for these kids going on to play at the next level. I have heard that 22 from SPF is a great player . I Hope he does well.

Agreed, all of these kids are excellent lacrosse players, and have found a fit that works for them, pretty low class to knock the schools that they have chosen. Added statement that LE would beat Riot by 6 goals speaks volumes about the poster...if LE has all of these top recruits, why didn't they make the playoff bracket at NAL this weekend....bad coaching?[/quote]

They lost a 1 goal game to miss the playoffs. I agree though, its hard to just declare a team would win by 6 when they haven’t played and its awful to knock schools kids have chosen - just let them go live their dreams.
Kudos to all the teams that played NAL, very tough tournament and conditions to end the summer.[/quote]
I don't think it was anyone involved with LE that made that post. Good luck to all the 2024 and younger kids. It's a tough process but rewarding process.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When all else fails, just blame the coach!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When all else fails, just blame the coach![/quote]

Seriously, I know that there is a ton of great competition out there, but it just seems like LE always has these loaded teams that do not perform well consistently. I know that in the end the wins and loses aren't really that important, but they have some great players, seems like they should be advancing further in these tournaments, and I don't just mean the 2023 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, all of these kids are excellent lacrosse players, and have found a fit that works for them, pretty low class to knock the schools that they have chosen. Added statement that LE would beat Riot by 6 goals speaks volumes about the poster...if LE has all of these top recruits, why didn't they make the playoff bracket at NAL this weekend....bad coaching?

When all else fails, just blame the coach![/quote]

Seriously, I know that there is a ton of great competition out there, but it just seems like LE always has these loaded teams that do not perform well consistently. I know that in the end the wins and loses aren't really that important, but they have some great players, seems like they should be advancing further in these tournaments, and I don't just mean the 2023 team.[/quote]
At the high school level, the teams are good but not top 5 in the country. The 23 and 24 teams both won tournaments this year and their 25 were in the finals a few times. That's not bad for a Jersey team.
The teams that are winning the big events pull in kids from all over. Jersey can't get the best kids in one class to play on the same all-star (UA/Nike) team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously, I know that there is a ton of great competition out there, but it just seems like LE always has these loaded teams that do not perform well consistently. I know that in the end the wins and loses aren't really that important, but they have some great players, seems like they should be advancing further in these tournaments, and I don't just mean the 2023 team.[/quote]
At the high school level, the teams are good but not top 5 in the country. The 23 and 24 teams both won tournaments this year and their 25 were in the finals a few times. That's not bad for a Jersey team.
The teams that are winning the big events pull in kids from all over. Jersey can't get the best kids in one class to play on the same all-star (UA/Nike) team.[/quote]

Across the board I thought NJ showed extremely well this summer. At the 2024 level even the “best” teams that won tournaments dropped games at some point in the summer. At ultra competitive events such as NAL the talent of one team vs another is usually close so even the most “stacked” teams are in one goal games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The teams that are winning the big events pull in kids from all over. Jersey can't get the best kids in one class to play on the same all-star (UA/Nike) team.[/quote]

This is very well said. NJ can barely get kids to play together to represent the state in a big tournament like UA or the NASG.

BBL, Tri-State and LE have had pretty good summers across the board. BBL 27 team was almost unbeatable. Tri-State 2024 team was very very good and won the Pinnacle Event. LE 2024 lost only a couple games all summer and won a couple championships. The 2023s won that Primetime Event. Not a bad representation of NJ, its just the talent is spread out.

Like Reply Quote
Re: (NA) Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am fairly new to the club world here. I am curious what cost typically is for different clubs here in NJ. Thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Varies by grade and quality of program. Higher quality programs have more practices/tourneys especially in the offseason. Lowest Ive heard for youth is $1500-$1800 and goes up to $3500. HS programs can get up to ~$4500. Beware - some clubs take a more a la cart model - low up front fees and pay for tourneys later on. Should clarify exactly whats included in the fees.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what the apex youth games are? I had never heard of it prior to this year. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear LE 2025 picked up more BBL kids and BBL's top 2025 is move to NJ Riot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on at BBL? This continues to happen year after year. Some of top players look to other programs and leave. Call it being poached by others or whatever you want to call it, but there seems to be an issue there that kids just leave. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be SHOCKED if BBL’s top ‘25 (who is a top 10 recruit in the country) would leave to go to Riot so he can play in B tourneys. Especially since Riot’s recruiting guru just left to go to BBL. Sounds like fake news.

As for the trend of BBL kids going to LE - LE’s track record of sending kids to ivy/acc/big10 schools can be alluring. Whether this track record is due to most of NJs best players going there OR their program connections can be argued . . . But the track record cannot be argued. BBL is trying to upgrade their recruiting with adding the Riot guy. Lets see how it works.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only two players who were, without question outright poached, are the goalie and the defenseman from the 2024 team. LE wanted to do everything to break that 2024 BBL team down and the goalie was the most important domino to fall. They tried to get the SHP and Westfield kid too, amongst others. Losing those two players alone severely weakened BBL 2024 but they still battled the whole summer and finished probably in the top 30. Give them the goalie and defenseman back and they are right up with Tri State and LE.

On the kid going to Riot, I actually feel that Riot is on the way up. People realize you do not have to go to LE or the NLF anymore. Scouts are everywhere. NAL is actually bigger than the NLF, they just need to play it earlier in the summer. Mid July [Censored]!!!

I actually feel bad for BBL. Their youth programs has a lot a kids. I thought the 2025's would stay together. I am not sure what outside influences drew them out but I am sure we will find out soon.

Tri State 2024 probably has the best philosophy. Be the underdog, don't post on here, don't boast, play a great conservative offense to keep the ball away from the other team with no hero ball and no real superstars except that one goalie. Good for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These guys aren’t kidnapped and forced against their will to play LE. They sought a different program for any variety of reasons and their families made a decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The influence that draw the kids away, comes from within. It happens year after year. There is clearly something going on that people feel the need to head for the hills.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL has seen a lot of leadership/organizational changes over the past year. Theres even a rumor that a parent now owns some portion of the club. A new recruiting director came in the middle of the summer, how well can he really know their players?

Tri-State/LE feel like safer/more established organizations at this point in time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL lost 3 from the 26 team attack to Tri-State.. Goalie and pole to LE all starters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the original poster but your presenting alternate facts coach.

LE went directly to players on its older teams travel teams (2022, 2023, maybe even 2021, and obviously the 2024's) from Pingry and DB to target these two kids to come over. Same for for the SHP kid that did not leave. Widely known fact. Then the salesmanship comes in after they get these kids parents to call for more info and they sell them the world.

LE will do nothing different for colleges for those two kids that BBL or any other club would have done. Both are elite players and would commit early on any team. LE will brag they got them committed. Its all bs.

I hope this forum can move on from this matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel its more important to get to the bottom of why kids are leaving BBL and shouldn’t be dismissed. BBL/LE/TS, they all make calls to kids to get them to play for their club over another. The fact is… BBL has had good players leave prior to recruiting for the past 5+ years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with you on the BBL kids leaving for the past 5 years prior to recruiting. Something is amiss. I just don't like how the kids left BBL 2024 going into their sophomore year for no real advantage. I think that is not right. I get clubs trying to get kids earlier. I wish all the big three would not shop for kids going into their sophomore recruiting year. I do not believe Tri State reaches out to anyone on a current club going into their sophomore year. This is my only problem with LE and as I stated, I agree with you on the earlier year deflections.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trust me, Tri- State does it as well. (personal experience)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alot of "Hero Ball" on that BBL 2025 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL to 6th, 7th or 8th grade is amazing with the number of practice opportunities for a player. BBL has not shown well with recruiting. I think it is getting worse. All these PLL player announcement affiliations are not helping recruiting. The National team is just a hope to keep north, west and helix players happier so maybe they stay a year longer than they would have without the national team. 99.9% of the west, north and helix players are not making black team. You have a better chance making bbl black coming from Patriot, Riot or other B teams than the BBL north, west or helix b teams. BBL has a tough job of keeping the big rec lacrosse towns near Florham Park happy for all the black team members while keeping the north, west and helix players hopeful. Will anything be any different with a national team playing 1 tournament at the high school level??

I think bbl shore can survive along with black. Shore has good coaching and probably better coaching than the black teams at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure BBL Shore is not going to survive, Mad Dog has picked up a number of the old United kids and LE (outside 2021) has always picked up the top RFH, Squan, Wall, and now CBA. TriState & Blue Star also have good shore players.
Yes, BBL will get one or two kids that either don't make LE and think they are too good for MadDog, TriState, and Blue Star. MadDog 2025 was good but parents are not happy with the kids they added from the North. The team still has a handful of good players that should get recruited but took major steps back this summer.
There are not enough players in the Shore to support that many teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL 2024 will have a lot of D1 recruits. That is their first good team and where it all starts for them. My guess is like 10.

I think BBL Shore will struggle. Mad Dog has a huge youth program and their 2025 team is really good. 2025 is where it all starts for them. Their 2026 and down are all loaded and the kids are not leaving anymore for the other clubs.

I actually wish Riot and Patriot would combine. Both are longer standing clubs and their kids occasionally get plucked to other teams. But they can both still maintain their current standing as is, I just think they would really be good together (kinda playing fantasy football on this one).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL has had good teams in the past - recently the 2022s and 2020s come to mind. If the rumor-mill is correct (big if) - BBL made a lot of promises to the 2024s about recruiting and will really need to come through for them Sept 1.

It could be “make or break” for BBL to keep their word.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL Black is unquestionably the best youth program in the state. If BBL gets their 24's and 25's recruited to big time schools, more of their very talented (and well coached) youth players will stick around in HS instead of going to LE. LE will still be a great HS program, but the balance of power will start to shift if these 24s and 25s that stuck around at BBL do well in recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10 D1 commits for any program in NJ, outside of maybe LE, is wishful thinking, but best of luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't have a clue. LE, Tri-State, BBL, and Riot all had at least 9 or 10 D1 commits in the '22 class. And O2 and Patriot had around 6 or 7.

You can argue the quality of the D1 programs they went to, but in terms of sheer D1 commits all of these programs had significant numbers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do the other 14 kids on these kids wind up doing? Div3? just curious.. a good case to be made for good academic D3 route..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct, I definitely underestimated the numbers, and it was not a question of school quality. Curious as to how these numbers will change over time as other parts of the country become bigger players in the recruiting process. You also make a pretty valid point to all, numbers are not bad for those NJ clubs.

Like Reply Quote
Page 60 of 72 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard