BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 29 30
Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to 11th Grade Girls (2024 Grads) for the Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Reposting last post from previous SY:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Your only considered a “D” team in your well established club. No one else thinks the team is a D team. Enjoy all the benefits and exposure that YJ provides.

Exactly my point! Would love to see others play us who are talked about on here as an A team while other clubs have two weak teams and claim one is A. I bet our D team would beat said A team from my other post.

YL OSullivan vs Jesters
Who would win?
Similar rankings after this weekend

Ramos and Jesters would be a good Long Island match up. Both teams played very simplistic summer and fall schedules. If you look at the game scores from each team when they play the same teams scores are almost identical. The two against one another would come down to who made fewer small mistakes and how the other team capitalized off of those mistakes. Would be fun to watch for sure.

Another fun one would be top guns black and liberty. That would be a head to head too.

Some others I’d want to see
Top guns purple vs. 91 orange
Legacy vs YJ Weiner
Kildare YJ vs Ramos YJ
Jesters pink vs. 91 navy

Anyone else notice any time 91 is brought up a slew of attacks on every other club comes along? Can’t be a coincidence.

91 brought up, YJ teams attacked

91 brought up, TG attacked

91 brought up, Jesters attacked

91 brought up, Liberty attacked

91 coaches either need to get off the forum or tell their players families to stop patrolling the internet.

As a non long Islander, it is a bad look for the club to constantly come on here and belittle other people. I remember a few months ago the coaches wife came on and posted and signed her name.

It’s too much energy you’re putting in accusing everyone , bad mouthing other teams, and defending your team on a forum that any sane reader knows is hearsay.

Relax and stop embarrassing your club and your kids

Jesters beat O Sullivan and Kildare this past fall I believe. I agree with other poster that Ramos I Sullivan would be a good game.

Yes they did. Believe by more than a few goals each. Better matchup would be Ramos Vs Jesters Black

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Just based on schedule alone TG 24 seems to challenge their girls much more than Liberty or Jesters. SS does not mind taking taking a loss/ losses to play stronger competition. The girls should all play against strong competition! Liberty seems to play well,but I feel like we never see them at strong tournaments. Of course I could be wrong. Like I said we never see them.
Curious:: :how is a game between YJ Ramos and Jesters 24 Black a good game? I understand that Jesters took them in fall, but that was sooo long ago. Jesters have been getting hammered all season against weak to very mediocre teams. Not sure why any team above the 70's should be in that conversation? I Realize rankings don't mean much to some people, but teams in the 70s v 20s are tough to beat consistently. Of course - underdog can beat a team on any given Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonymous1234
Just based on schedule alone TG 24 seems to challenge their girls much more than Liberty or Jesters. SS does not mind taking taking a loss/ losses to play stronger competition. The girls should all play against strong competition! Liberty seems to play well,but I feel like we never see them at strong tournaments. Of course I could be wrong. Like I said we never see them.
Curious:: :how is a game between YJ Ramos and Jesters 24 Black a good game? I understand that Jesters took them in fall, but that was sooo long ago. Jesters have been getting hammered all season against weak to very mediocre teams. Not sure why any team above the 70's should be in that conversation? I Realize rankings don't mean much to some people, but teams in the 70s v 20s are tough to beat consistently. Of course - underdog can beat a team on any given Sunday.

Look at the teams they both played this summer
Ramos vs. Primetime lost 3-13
Jesters Vs. primetime lost 5-8

Jesters can dynasty Zulu 10-4 win
Ramos vs dynasty Zulu 8-5 win

Ramos vs capital blue 1-10 loss
Jesters vs capital blue 6-9

Jesters vs. mass elite 4-9 loss
Ramos vs mass elite 4-11 loss

Those are some of the match ups they had again the same team. I would argue similar talent level as a team. Maybe Ramos has individual players who are great but don’t play well together?

As far as the teams these two have played, they have been in the same bracket almost every tournament with the same match ups. I’d pay to see them go against one another

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the summer schedules the only teams that did not challenge themselves were programs b teams, 91, empire & YJ kildare. Played weak teams all summer with the exception of a few games

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
schedules are made at the behest of the program directors. not the coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those are some of the match ups they had again the same team. I would argue similar talent level as a team. Maybe Ramos has individual players who are great but don’t play well together?

As far as the teams these two have played, they have been in the same bracket almost every tournament with the same match ups. I’d pay to see them go against one another

This is a ridiculous argument and one that won’t stop. It’s the same person who is spreading this fake narrative.
Jesters is a lower tier and has been losing to mediocre and weak clubs throughout the summer. They are ranked in 70s and 80s along with 91 orange and YJ O’Sullivan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a ridiculous argument and one that won’t stop. It’s the same person who is spreading this fake narrative.
Jesters is a lower tier and has been losing to mediocre and weak clubs throughout the summer. They are ranked in 70s and 80s along with 91 orange and YJ O’Sullivan.

Not OP but did look up both teams scores. They do seem comparable and the scores listed are facts.

Regardless of that I think it’s obvious you are a Ramos parent or coach trying to defend your brand. Saying that there is a false narrative and that your team is better than numerous others that you there under the bus, including the ones from your club, makes you guilty of what you want to blame everyone else for.

This website is full of people with opinions. Some right, some wrong, some based on no merit at all. The sooner you accept that these comments come from multiple people who will never agree the easier your life will get.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t handle the Ramos defense when they had a really bad summer but are in here trying to talk bad about everyone else

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking from the outside in, not sure if you understand how comparisons against similar competition works. But judging by those scores against the same high ranked teams, looks like those two squads stand on relatively similar ground.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s ironic that everyone complains about parent coaches and then also complains about non parent coaches. So you just don’t like anybody ?

Thank you to all the non-parent coaches giving up your entire summer for what I imagine is less than minimum wage. We appreciate you for showing up for our kids when you have no reason to other than for the love of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking from the outside in, not sure if you understand how comparisons against similar competition works. But judging by those scores against the same high ranked teams, looks like those two squads stand on relatively similar ground.

I agree. Being an outsider and having stumbled upon these two teams they have very similar levels of play. The score/loss ratio at this age doesn’t matter. May just mean one team gave more equal time or that the rosters have a few kids who were given equal time who really should be cut

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The HHH commited academy was a great tournament and opportunity for 24s to play with the commited girls from different schools. The tournament championship game was an awesome experience with UNC beating UVA in overtime. The girls had a blast being coached by the the college coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The HHH commited academy was a great tournament and opportunity for 24s to play with the commited girls from different schools. The tournament championship game was an awesome experience with UNC beating UVA in overtime. The girls had a blast being coached by the the college coaches.

This was meant for 23s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was great to see 23's and 22's play with their future teammates. Having 3-5 24's on the rosters to fill them out and being coached by college coaches was amazing. Great event, recommend the 24's do it for the next 2 years if you can. Nice to see high level lacrosse games!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So HHH has a camp for the non committed younger players the day before the Games start. The coaches watch and pick who they want to fill in the next few days at the Committee games if their Team is short players. So the players chosen from the camp are the all stars.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true, the girls that played in the committed games were not limited to just the girls who made the All Star team. Many girls got the opportunity to play and it was an awesome experience!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I hear one more jesters dad complain about the daddy coach I may lose my mind. Someone go tell your owners you want him gone instead of complaining about it once you’ve emptied your coolers. Literally 5-6 of you on sidelines complaining, in the hotel complaining. If you have a problem go speak up to your directors instead of grumbling about how his kid plays every minute of every game and refuses to pass.

Also, don’t you know by now every club has mommy and daddy ball? The owners will never cut them loose because there are no other non-parent coaches willing to take a crack at it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, but the above post is a bit off. Also, the season is now over. Why so concerned about another teams coach?
What are you really trying to accomplish by your post? I heard the parent is a good coach, and a good man .... whatever you may have heard. Sad that others feel that they need to be involved in another teams doings. Unless you are actually a team parent ...hmmm - Maybe it’s you who needs to speak with the directors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the college coaches basically be split this weekend between UA and American Select? Tough having two great events on same weekend for the girls all around. Good luck to all!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year they spent the first two days at AS and the second two at UA. Most don’t stick around for AS playoffs, they bolt out of there pretty quick

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year I saw Cindy Timchal, Cathy Reese, Julie Myers, and may others on the Friday at UA. They were all discussing a potential camp and how it would be cool if they could hold one on an island instead. Then Cindy made Cathy promise they could get a game on the schedule for 2022. It was fun to eavesdrop on that conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kinda sad really, that these two tournaments (UA 7 AS) had to compete for same dates. For all those years, AU was the place the elite players would end up for one last summer event. Making a team was a special accomplishment. Now you split those elite players, need to fill out the back half of the rosters, and they even have added more and multiple teams for each age group and area. Making a team with these two tournaments running, just became 4X easier and a whole lot less special. All they accomplished was to water down the collection of talent, making it even harder for the coaches to see the best players actually against the best players. Somebody is laughing all the way to the bank.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is all very upsetting. Barely any coaches at UA today feels like you can’t win with either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bunch of coaches at UA today while I was there…. They may not all be under the “coaches tent” for the games, but lots of them around

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were no coaches at the UA game yesterday. I actually saw one. The Virginia coach. My daughter didn’t know who the other three were. Meanwhile at AS there were about 60 representing every big program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS was packed with coaches yesterday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never understood why UA would shove the rising juniors with rising seniors. I know they made a "highlight" division to showcase the rising juniors, but it is hard to compete with AS which highlights all the rising juniors on a team instead of diluting them with rising seniors. Good for those seniors still needing to be seen at this point in the recruiting format, but I feel that UA needs to reformat the program to highlight the recruitable rising juniors. But then again, what do I know?

[quote=Anonymous]Kinda sad really, that these two tournaments (UA 7 AS) had to compete for same dates. For all those years, AU was the place the elite players would end up for one last summer event. Making a team was a special accomplishment. Now you split those elite players, need to fill out the back half of the rosters, and they even have added more and multiple teams for each age group and area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looks like all the top 23/24/ and 25’s from long island went to UA.
Girls are 3-0 in both command and highlight.
AS looks like they were 2-14 overall yesterday.
Maybe the dilution poorly affected the AS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure they will be at UA on Saturday at the worst--let's not despair yet.

Also, LI Black at AS is 3-1. They don't exactly [Censored]...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You a partiality correct. The top ‘25 went to UA. Spallina’s team. But to be fair, the top ‘25s from other regions went to AS. As for the 23/24 group, ‘23s that wanted to play only had UA as an option as there was no ‘23 AS team from LI. Many to ‘23s didn’t even bother, better things to do. Top ‘24s absolutely went to AS, tons of head coaches blanket the sidelines at that event. The few 24s that did UA wasted their time. There are no coaches watching. The event is also not what it used to be. The best ‘23s from Connecticut and NJ are at AS, so. Competition really comes down to Baltimore and LI. AS destroyed UA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club lacrosse each summer is all about recruiting for most, college coaches have a full schedule in the spring. American Select simply made the better mouse trap while Under Armour never adjusted for the better. All the current 2024 recruits are put together and allows the coaches to see 400+ recruits competing against each other in one place. The American Select event today was similiar to the recent G8 and LFC, but much less teams with more talent per team. Perfect model for recruiting. I'm sure Under Armour has 60+ quality 2024 recruits this weekend. If I'm a college coach, do you go see 400+ or 60+ possible recruits, no brainer!! 90% of the top 2024's are at American Select, the rosters and fool amount of top 50 D1 coaches attending tell the real story. That being said UA is a great event and will get many girls more exposure and lead to a college home. Good luck to all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not this year at AS. Levy and Trainor are standing right next to me watching the Maryland Semi Final.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 25s Spallina had players on the black team and one on the gray team. They needed a break

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If AS select can put together a senior game they will be ok. If not than players will need to go to UA to be able to play in that event. 25 and 26 was just another average tournament. 24 did it for recruiting. 23 had only 8 teams total. When parents realize they aren’t getting much benefit from this it will take a hit. Not really a better mousetrap. Delaware [Censored] for a tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don’t need to play UA to be selected for the senior game. You need to be a 5 star Inside Lacrosse recruit. Inside Lacrosse selects the the team. Traditionally the top players all did the UA underclass games, but things have changed. Next year you will see several girls on the UA senior team that never played UA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn’t bet on that. Kids that supported AS will certainly get shunned. You think CSE won’t have input in their own event ? Maybe AS can make a senior game for those that supported CR and CS ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter played on the California 2024 AS team. It was a ridiculously expensive event for us but she had a great time. She got to meet and play with a whole bunch of new girls that she didn’t know from other club teams. It was fun to watch them improve as the games went on as they learned to play with each other. Their coach gave equal play time so they all got equal exposure in front of the college coaches that were there for their bracket games. Too bad there weren’t any college coaches there for their quarter final game against LI Black.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If AS did have a senior game, would they charge $500?? Would it be the same day as the UA senior game? Neither organization would want girls to do both because they’re in a stand off. AS doesn’t need to do a senior game, it would cut into their profits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A quick follow-up on the UA Midwest teams that were discussed in the previous thread. The Command team came in at 2-3, losing to LI 10-5 (first game), beating Upstate (7-5), beating D.C. (11-9), then losing to South (15-5) and NJ (14-4). While not exactly the best showing (or comparable to the 2021 team). While not the best showing, it wasn't the disaster the Highlight team ran into, going 0-4, then beating the last place West team to come in 11th place. One solid mid/attack player for Skywalkers only saw time as a defender while the IL players (all 11 of them) lead the team to a poor showing.

What really drove this home was a beautiful tweet by the coaches, highlighting all 11 IL players to the IL Girls Lacrosse Coaches Association, many of them members of True IL. Maybe it's time for the Highlight coaches to step down, as 6 years of returning to the event has yielded poor picks and equal results. I'd like to say I am surprised, but I called it earlier based on how they picked their players.

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard