BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,154
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 230 of 321 1 2 228 229 230 231 232 320 321
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good hands? Loyola does so little with the talent they have. That’s a coaching issue.

LB had a weak face off game and an often disappearing team defense. All four teams in the semis had both better FOGOs and keepers. LBs settled offense, when they got the ball, was generally anemic and out moded. They didn't generate enough transition offense out of some great individual defenders to bridge the gap on settled offense.

One of their top LSMs could have easily insisted on being inserted at the X to stop the bleeding in the face off game. I've seen the individuals on their D play during the Summer and they know how to play proper team D. Sliding fast to a shorty or an overmatched or picked opponent is defensive lacrosse 101. The same applies to desgning game plans and finalizing match ups. Kids these days watch a ton of film, go to a ton of college level clinics, know how to play the proper way and have awareness of themselves as a unit. If the HC or coordinators don't do it, the team's leaders need to step forward and have the units self correct. Part of becoming a leader is learning how and when to build consensus to challenge the status quo if it isn't working.

Loyola lacks in leadership from the administration, coaches, captains and players. I would not send my kid to that school until they get it together. Otherwise you will end up transferring like so many kids have.[/quote]

Best academic Catholic school in the region hands down. The administration is strong. You can criticize the coaches, but captains and players? You don't have any clue what you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola administration chose to hire the inadequate coaching staff. Regardless of the bad coaching, you have kids who are holdbacks and have been playing for 10+ years! They can’t even beat Gilman! Gilman whose academics put Loyola to shame. We all know this is true! Not everyone can be wrong! You do have really nice fields!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn is a dumpster fire

Is it true that some of Severn's Top players are transferring?

Nope. Nice try though.

Severns best players to Spalding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. Nice try though.

Going to Spaulding to sit out a year? Don’t think so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good hands? Loyola does so little with the talent they have. That’s a coaching issue.

LB had a weak face off game and an often disappearing team defense. All four teams in the semis had both better FOGOs and keepers. LBs settled offense, when they got the ball, was generally anemic and out moded. They didn't generate enough transition offense out of some great individual defenders to bridge the gap on settled offense.

One of their top LSMs could have easily insisted on being inserted at the X to stop the bleeding in the face off game. I've seen the individuals on their D play during the Summer and they know how to play proper team D. Sliding fast to a shorty or an overmatched or picked opponent is defensive lacrosse 101. The same applies to desgning game plans and finalizing match ups. Kids these days watch a ton of film, go to a ton of college level clinics, know how to play the proper way and have awareness of themselves as a unit. If the HC or coordinators don't do it, the team's leaders need to step forward and have the units self correct. Part of becoming a leader is learning how and when to build consensus to challenge the status quo if it isn't working.

Loyola lacks in leadership from the administration, coaches, captains and players. I would not send my kid to that school until they get it together. Otherwise you will end up transferring like so many kids have.

Best academic Catholic school in the region hands down. The administration is strong. You can criticize the coaches, but captains and players? You don't have any clue what you are talking about.[/quote]

If you have fundamental or schematic shortcomings, its up to the senior leadership to address it quickly and get the problem fixed. These young men (18 and 19 year olds) know how to play the game correctly. Watch the LB game film. One or two games of poor offensive and defensive fundamentals can be attributed to poor preparation by the coaching staff. When poor play extends for two full seasons the onus for poor fundamentals and not addressing schematic failures shifts from the staff soley to the players and staff collectively. Ultimately, the players "own" the team experience (especially the seniors) for that year. Giving the captains and players a pass does not prepare them to be leaders on collegiate teams or in life. Effective team leaders aka top players and captains take action (as a group generally after building consensus) for positive change. If that means additional team film sessions, calling the staff and their teammates out (in a constructive way) to play the game the "right" way, etc. so be it. Intelligent coaching staffs will welcome properly channeled and respectful leadership group input. Teams only reach their potential when everyone on the squad takes ownership for the team's performance.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Loyola lacks in leadership from the administration, coaches, captains and players. I would not send my kid to that school until they get it together. Otherwise you will end up transferring like so many kids have.

Best academic Catholic school in the region hands down. The administration is strong. You can criticize the coaches, but captains and players? You don't have any clue what you are talking about.

If you have fundamental or schematic shortcomings, its up to the senior leadership to address it quickly and get the problem fixed. These young men (18 and 19 year olds) know how to play the game correctly. Watch the LB game film. One or two games of poor offensive and defensive fundamentals can be attributed to poor preparation by the coaching staff. When poor play extends for two full seasons the onus for poor fundamentals and not addressing schematic failures shifts from the staff soley to the players and staff collectively. Ultimately, the players "own" the team experience (especially the seniors) for that year. Giving the captains and players a pass does not prepare them to be leaders on collegiate teams or in life. Effective team leaders aka top players and captains take action (as a group generally after building consensus) for positive change. If that means additional team film sessions, calling the staff and their teammates out (in a constructive way) to play the game the "right" way, etc. so be it. Intelligent coaching staffs will welcome properly channeled and respectful leadership group input. Teams only reach their potential when everyone on the squad takes ownership for the team's performance.[/quote]

Well said! This is why Loyola has not and will not be successful! On and off the field a total lack of leadership!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola is doing just fine evident in the college placement of their recent graduates: Harvard, Yale, Berklee, Princeton, Brown, Michigan, Notre Dame, Naval Academy among others. The campus is spectacular with the new middle school building and athletics fields. The lacrosse program is in a transition but will rebound one way or the other similar to the football program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola is doing just fine evident in the college placement of their recent graduates: Harvard, Yale, Berklee, Princeton, Brown, Michigan, Notre Dame, Naval Academy among others. The campus is spectacular with the new middle school building and athletics fields. The lacrosse program is in a transition but will rebound one way or the other similar to the football program.

One successful football season in the B Conference and a dramatic victory over CHC does not a program rebound make. Let’s see how LB fares in the A Conference. Both the football and lacrosse programs have been “in transition” for the last 8-10 years. Academic, collegiate admissions and the physical plant aren’t the topic of discussion here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep - and their roster is older than more than half the freshman class at all the Ivy League schools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. Nice try though.

You mean Spalding average players going to Severn. Now 15 players from The 2025 True team are all trying out for Hawks in hopes to make the A team. True kids to Severn and Severn still the bottom of the pack.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep - and their roster is older than more than half the freshman class at all the Ivy League schools

Focus on your boys recovery coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Loyola list of college placements are NOT from their lacrosse team. We are taking about the demise of their lacrosse program. I have heard Loyola has some talented football players coming in next year probably why they decided to jump back into A. Loyola can only hope some of them can play lacrosse also like the old days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Loyola list of college placements are NOT from their lacrosse team. We are taking about the demise of their lacrosse program. I have heard Loyola has some talented football players coming in next year probably why they decided to jump back into A. Loyola can only hope some of them can play lacrosse also like the old days.

Loyola's 2026 class is strong. Particularly on the defensive side.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree. My son goes to BL and Loyola was easily the best 8th grade team we played, followed by Gilman. McD didn't field a squad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree. My son goes to BL and Loyola was easily the best 8th grade team we played, followed by Gilman. McD didn't field a squad.

Your statement means nothing. Loyola and Gilman are bottom dwellers in the MIAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think Severn has great coaching…..none of us can take your post seriously. Severn has the second worst coach in the MIAA. The LB head coach is surrounded by dads that won’t let him meet his potential which makes him the worst but the Severn coach is gawd awful and a very close 2nd. Please don’t ever say Severn has great coaching it takes any of your credibility away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The next 3-4 years- StP, Sev, and JC will be much improved. STM is a wild card. Not sure it will translate into wins or different playoff scenarios, because I don’t see BL, McD or CH falling off too much. But it will make the league very interesting. Spaulding has since peaked and will fall back to the middle of the pack.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Balsamo is a good player, but was probably third best on the Americans attack line. Lockwood was electric; terrific first step, can score with either hand, and although he didn't showcase it much in this game, he's a great feeder too. I think he's going to be an immediate focal point for Michigan.

Minicus (Loyola) also stood out to me as a guy who always made the right play. Quietly had 5 points, and was the primary distributor for that offense.

Best defender in the game IMO was Will Donovan (ND) granted in these fast paced all star games, there's a lot of opportunities for LSMs to stand out, but he was everywhere. He also took a bunch of shifts covering Spallina as well.

Top 10 players in the class IMO:

1. Joey Spallina
2. Michael Weisshaar
3. Thomas Ricciardelli
4. Riley Figueiras
5. Bo Lockwood
6. Konrad Miklaszewski
7. Matt Minicus
8. Truitt Sunderland
9. Will Donovan
10. Richard Checo

Others warranting consideration: Petro, Larkin, Schaller, Jordan, Crogan, Maguire, Lazzaro

Good list for sure I would have Weischaar and Lockwood lower with Larkin in top 10 Agree that Petro is outside top 10. I do think Ty X will do all he can to keep him top 10 probably 7-10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The next 3-4 years- StP, Sev, and JC will be much improved. STM is a wild card. Not sure it will translate into wins or different playoff scenarios, because I don’t see BL, McD or CH falling off too much. But it will make the league very interesting. Spaulding has since peaked and will fall back to the middle of the pack.

For those programs who expect incoming freshmen to put you into the playoff hunt good luck. That happens once every ten years due to a generational talent.

Boys Latin loses their two most talented players (attackman and keeper) but return a super strong nucleus and reload as always. With their seasoned and accomplished coaching staff I expect them to repeat as a semi-finalist in 23. St. Mary's loses many of their best poles, a very underrated attackman and their starting keeper but also return most of their much improved offense. I expect them to be in the top six teams and potentially back in the semis. CHC loses their best two offensive players and pole but return a super strong squad reloading as always. I expect them to battle SM for the final semis spot. Spalding loses a lot of senior talent but has a seasoned coaching staff and good AA County feeder program in place. They could remain among the playoff teams if they jell early. McD loses a three year starter in the cage, two of their top middies and three of their top four poles. They do return the best attack in the Conference, a dominant FOGO and will reload on defense and in the cage. Expect them to be a top four program. Severn is a bit of an enigma for next year. They knocked off BL, SP in mid season and played SM and CHC tight down the stretch. They lose 6 valuable seniors but return the Conference's dominant FOGO. With a team that already has depth issues, you just never know how they'll fare going forward. I see them slipping out of the top 6 but could be surprised. St. Paul's returns almost everyone and is my early season favorite to win the championship in 23. They dropped some early games in 22 that doomed their season but showed in their pasting of McD and their last game against the Lakers that they're a force to be reckoned with. Loyola returns almost everyone except for two top poles. I expect them to rebound strongly in 2023 and make the playoffs again. They do need to improve their FO game, have better team D and keeper play to get there. Gilman loses their top flight keeper and continues to pay the price for the Administration's decision not to "play" the recruiting game not even selectively for the right academically strong multi sport athlete. I see this Program continuing to languish until there is a change in philosophy. JC was vastly improved last year but did rely a lot on their one strong offensive player to score. If they can continue to recruit and develop well, they could also break into the top 6 team. MSJ had a lot of of youth on the field but needs to uptier its talent pool collectively to compete more effectively.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STM back in the ship next year and wins it. Only
Losing 1 attack 1 defense and goalie. They
Have a deep bench. Lots of kids to step up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman did well in the tournaments this summer and have a very strong freshman class. The rec team coached by Gilman's Head Coach also won a championship this summer. That should tell you something about how this team is going to be a big surprise to many this coming season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh, BL, CHC and St. Mary's are the preaseason favorites in that order.

McDonogh
```````````````
Key Losses - Wilson (G), Hurdle (D), Jones (D), Cool (LSM), McMillen (M), Brown (M)
Key Returners - Millon (A), Millon (A), Miller (A), Marsh (LSM), Hayashi (FO), Firlie (M), Hahn (M), Green (M)

Boys' Latin
`````````````````
Key Losses - Pietramala (A), Brown (A), Zappitello (A/M), Pietramala (D), Crouse (D), Stoller (G)
Key Returners - Foster (D), Walsh (M), Pacheco (M), Owings (M), Ford (A), Karetsos (A)

Calvert Hall
`````````````````
Key Losses - Sunderland (A), Wray (A/M), Vasile (A/M), Beck (D), Kelly (D), McAuliffe (LSM)
Key Returners - Kelly (A), Steele (A), Bowen (D), Strickland (FO), Hottle (M), Johnson (LSM), Lewis (M), Brannock (M), Nagy (M), Botek (M), Stangle (G)

St. Mary's
``````````````
Key Losses - Hopkins (A), Reese (D), Acton (LSM), Overend (G)
Key Returners - Golini (A), Adams (A), Kuszinski (A/M), Chick (M), Keane (M), Burlace (M), Cotton (M), Palmisano (D), Torggler (D), Androus (FO), Webber (FO)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is MSJ that irrelevant? They have updated their talent from the past.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think so.

They played a lot of close games with a lot of teams in the conference last year with not a ton of blue chips. Their goalie kept them in some games. But they were a gritty, well coached team. They will improve. But I’m not sure anyone else really drops. I just see the overall quality of the conference getting stronger next year, even if there aren’t a lot of shake-ups in the standings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD wins this coming year. Just wait until everyone sees their transfers. People on this forum are going to lose their minds

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think so.

They played a lot of close games with a lot of teams in the conference last year with not a ton of blue chips. Their goalie kept them in some games. But they were a gritty, well coached team. They will improve. But I’m not sure anyone else really drops. I just see the overall quality of the conference getting stronger next year, even if there aren’t a lot of shake-ups in the standings.

MSJ will
Finish the season above Spalding next season book it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD wins this coming year. Just wait until everyone sees their transfers. People on this forum are going to lose their minds
Stop it. Go back to your video games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman did well in the tournaments this summer and have a very strong freshman class. The rec team coached by Gilman's Head Coach also won a championship this summer. That should tell you something about how this team is going to be a big surprise to many this coming season!

2 years out depending on whether they retain everyone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh, BL, CHC and St. Mary's are the preaseason favorites in that order.

Boys' Latin
`````````````````
Key Losses - Pietramala (A), Brown (A), Zappitello (A/M), Pietramala (D), Crouse (D), Stoller (G)
Key Returners - Foster (D), Walsh (M), Pacheco (M), Owings (M), Ford (A), Karetsos (A)

Taking some creative license calling Niko Karetsos a "returner" for BL - he's a senior transfer from GA who's committed to UNC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL also with a new FOGO from CT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL also with a new FOGO from CT

Too small and won’t see the field much. Rude awakening for him in the MIAA next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry you meant MSJ and John Carroll didnt you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MSJ goalie kept them in games last year he is gone. No they will not be better than Spaulding

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MSJ coach needs to learn to adapt, not an MIAA ready coach or identifier of talent. Has kids in school who should be playing more sticks with same old. Has a lot of talent coming, no not the HOCO kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fair enough criticism on the MSJ coach learning to adapt. The guy has only had a couple seasons under his belt. I was relatively impressed with what he did this past year given the talent he currently has. Those boys always seemed prepared, and played hard and tough. That’s the first step to success in this league. Not sure you can judge his talent as a recruiter just yet. I want to see where they are in 2- 3 years. And let’s be honest, there isn’t a lot of pressure to win there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree he needs to adapt and be a better evaluator of talent. Also should work on developing program in JV and Fresh Soph. Start with a solid FreshSoph and he will be rewarded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Niko Karetsos coming to BL for just the senior season if he's already committed to a top program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the rationale I read was that he wants to prepare his game for college against top comp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the kid wanted to prepare for college, he would play for a team like MSJ. He would get to play against the best every week and get the best defenders from the other team focused on him.
Now the kid will be getting each team's second or third best defenders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like Costabile did.

Like Reply Quote
Page 230 of 321 1 2 228 229 230 231 232 320 321
Quick Reply