BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 70 of 220 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it wrong to go to both YJ tryouts and TG tryouts (or others)? As a consumer and new to girls travel programs is it the wrong thing to do? Seeing first hand how some boys have been left behind, unknowingly, isn't it best to not put all of your eggs in one basket.

I would love it if tryouts were not on the same weekends, but commitments were needed at the same time, and not 3 days after you hear from a team.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
First 2020 season in the books. How would you say it went ? Beating YJ was sweet.

Okay I will bite, season was fair to good.National draw was a nightmare, beating YJ was good but thought the game was poorly played by both sides. Knowing many of the kids on both sides I would say YJ played all equally in game while TG did not, which is part of the problem. I think team is well coached in practice but come game time it seems we play PAL style in close games, get the ball to a couple kids who force their way to goal which will not work as kids get older.Team has many talented kids and a bunch who are a step down, politics also come into play as in which parents are paying for privates with who and how that affects playing time.Speaking with a friend who plays YJ said only once during the season was playing time clearly unequal and that was in game against MD.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't go to yj and tg tryouts and choose club that offers better placement since commitments and fees are due for TG long before YJ tryouts. Guess you could take a roster spot on TG. Pay for it tjen tryout for YJ and join if you make a better team.,but that would be wrong and expensive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw a few TG black players have jumped ship already, both YJ and TG tryouts should be interesting this year.Parents are starting to realize in general that there is a lot more opportunity over at YJ and that SS will not be able to have the involvement that they joined the club for.Looking down the road do they want to play for a club that is run by BS.Yes I think SS is an awesome coach but how long before another program with deeper pockets ,better facilities,and a lot more to offer steals her away.On the other hand all is not well in YJ land especially for the so called lower level players who now realize they are going to be moved down or realize they will not be moved up due to the shear numbers of kids playing YJ.

Oh ok Richard (insert nickname)

Curious what was said that you have an issue with, instead of making a lame attempt at humor why not tell us what was stated that has no basis in reality.

Issue seems to be with you RICHARD. Do you have a kid in each program or do you always share your know it all college professor opinions? Am I lame or right on the spot? We all can't wait for your usually limp, bloated, narcissistic opinion. Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't go to yj and tg tryouts and choose club that offers better placement since commitments and fees are due for TG long before YJ tryouts. Guess you could take a roster spot on TG. Pay for it tjen tryout for YJ and join if you make a better team.,but that would be wrong and expensive.

Or you could play for both

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw a few TG black players have jumped ship already, both YJ and TG tryouts should be interesting this year.Parents are starting to realize in general that there is a lot more opportunity over at YJ and that SS will not be able to have the involvement that they joined the club for.Looking down the road do they want to play for a club that is run by BS.Yes I think SS is an awesome coach but how long before another program with deeper pockets ,better facilities,and a lot more to offer steals her away.On the other hand all is not well in YJ land especially for the so called lower level players who now realize they are going to be moved down or realize they will not be moved up due to the shear numbers of kids playing YJ.

Curious what was said that you have an issue with, instead of making a lame attempt at humor why not tell us what was stated that has no basis in reality.

Issue seems to be with you RICHARD. Do you have a kid in each program or do you always share your know it all college professor opinions? Am I lame or right on the spot? We all can't wait for your usually limp, bloated, narcissistic opinion. Lol

I will do my best to answer your questions. Have had a child play in both programs and I do not always share my opinions.Yes you are lame.Again just because your daughter plays for a club that has too many issues to write about you resort to nonsense.Please let us know if you still would have signed up for your club if you would have known that Shannon's main involvement would be having her dad run the club and her brother be the most prominent coach.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Content Removed
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will do my best to answer your questions. Have had a child play in both programs and I do not always share my opinions.Yes you are lame.Again just because your daughter plays for a club that has too many issues to write about you resort to nonsense.Please let us know if you still would have signed up for your club if you would have known that Shannon's main involvement would be having her dad run the club and her brother be the most prominent coach.

Shannon was just coaching my daughter last night, although she's not her "official" coach. She's still involved and coaching. There are several good coaches in the TG program. Just be happy with your club, and go away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shannon was just coaching my daughter last night, although she's not her "official" coach. She's still involved and coaching. There are several good coaches in the TG program. Just be happy with your club, and go away.

Seriously, yes she was coaching your daughter yesterday because you paid for and went to her camp which was available to any kid that did the same regardless of club.With your logic I guess the YJ kids can consider Shannon to be involved in their club coaching list also because she was coaching them also yesterday which is great because I think Shannon is a great coach and player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was this another Just 4 Girls camp?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good point. I have to admit, that was a bad example! However, I don't know what you expect from her when it comes to TG. Did you think she'd be coaching every team? She's at the practices, the winter games, the tournaments, clinics, camps, etc. She moves from team to team, and gets involved with everyone. Ever since she got the Hofstra job, the anti-TG people love to talk about how she's not involved anymore. This is our first year with TG, so I don't know what she did last year, but I didn't expect her to be personally coaching my daughter's team. What we're getting from her is fine. She helps coach each team, from time to time, seems to know most of the girls, is a great role model & leader, interacts with the parents, and will probably be a big help, if and when, recruiting time comes. What more do people expect? Each family should choose what's best for them, and let others do the same. It's unbelievable how much nonsense goes back and forth over YJ vs TG!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing like Just 4 Girls, which is pretty much a beginner-type skills camp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it is a High School team camp

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Good point. I have to admit, that was a bad example! However, I don't know what you expect from her when it comes to TG. Did you think she'd be coaching every team? She's at the practices, the winter games, the tournaments, clinics, camps, etc. She moves from team to team, and gets involved with everyone. Ever since she got the Hofstra job, the anti-TG people love to talk about how she's not involved anymore. This is our first year with TG, so I don't know what she did last year, but I didn't expect her to be personally coaching my daughter's team. What we're getting from her is fine. She helps coach each team, from time to time, seems to know most of the girls, is a great role model & leader, interacts with the parents, and will probably be a big help, if and when, recruiting time comes. What more do people expect? Each family should choose what's best for them, and let others do the same. It's unbelievable how much nonsense goes back and forth over YJ vs TG!
Excellent and well-balanced post. Thank you for the contribution.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am happy with the coaching of my daughters team. SS has filled in and helped our coaches multiple times this season and they are a b team. Maybe you should be asking your own child if they are enjoying themselves and not worry about your self. They are not the ones yelling from a beach chair with an umbrella or pacing up and down the field length sideline coaching. When you start paying my child's tuition, they you will be relevant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go 2016 topguns you rock.......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go 2016 topguns you rock.......

Thanks for making the same exact post (basically) three times on three different threads all within 3 minutes of one another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What more do people expect? We expected her to run the club and be involved on a full time basis which is what we were told when we joined several years ago,that is not what we found so we left.Kid is a great coach and role model cannot say the same about the actual club owner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What more do people expect? We expected her to run the club and be involved on a full time basis which is what we were told when we joined several years ago,that is not what we found so we left.Kid is a great coach and role model cannot say the same about the actual club owner.

Sounds like your expectations were too high, so it was a good idea to move on. We've been there for fall, winter, spring, and summer, and she's been involved enough for us. She's coached my daughter's purple team more than once, and helped out occasionally at her practices. If you wanted full time SS, all the time, then yes - it was time for you to move on. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you want fulltime SS go t Hofstra

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly...
If you want full time Carol rose go to Northport, or full time Danielle Gallagher go to Manhasset, whats your point

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS tryouts near I hear there are many who will not be returning, especially at the younger ages. My guess is a lot of turnover on the top teams as I hear some of the so called better black players will not be returning.That being said I think more kids total will show up at tryouts than ever before.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What color is their A team? My daughter wants to tryout for the 2021 team. I heard good things about this program. Any info on the coaches and the program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS tryouts near I hear there are many who will not be returning, especially at the younger ages. My guess is a lot of turnover on the top teams as I hear some of the so called better black players will not be returning.That being said I think more kids total will show up at tryouts than ever before.

What ages are you referring to? Also, I think TG loses out with having tryouts this weekend. I know a number of girls in my daughter's age group (2020) that wanted to tryout but cannot due to a conflict with a large soccer tourney being held this weekend. The parents were told that they could attend the camp they had last week and be evaluated there but decided on not attending.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What ages are you referring to? Also, I think TG loses out with having tryouts this weekend. I know a number of girls in my daughter's age group (2020) that wanted to tryout but cannot due to a conflict with a large soccer tourney being held this weekend. The parents were told that they could attend the camp they had last week and be evaluated there but decided on not attending.

Mainly 2018 and 2019, I know several from both age groups top team that do not plan on returning. Not a good thing if some of your better players are leaving but probably happens in all travel clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mainly 2018 and 2019, I know several from both age groups top team that do not plan on returning. Not a good thing if some of your better players are leaving but probably happens in all travel clubs.

Heard of some 2018 players and 2019 thinking of not returning too, but we will see who shows up for tryouts. 2018 needs a shake up anyway, some of the players rumored to be leaving will be missed lightly, bigger problem with team is who may be coming from a way too town dominated roster. One town politics of the team has killed the vibe of the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard of some 2018 players and 2019 thinking of not returning too, but we will see who shows up for tryouts. 2018 needs a shake up anyway, some of the players rumored to be leaving will be missed lightly, bigger problem with team is who may be coming from a way too town dominated roster. One town politics of the team has killed the vibe of the team.

They are solving the problem by adding a 4th team for 2018 there will be black purple white and WM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Is Wm? WarD Melville?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how many from 19 black or not returning

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are the team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 Black has too many daddies crawling up the coach’s butt trying to get their town players on that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully enough for those that want to play for TG to move up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do they expect a large turnout for their new teams for 2021? My daughter plans on trying out for this group and I am hoping its very competitive. Do they expect a smaller turnout because of the East Meadow soccer tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do they expect a large turnout for their new teams for 2021? My daughter plans on trying out for this group and I am hoping its very competitive. Do they expect a smaller turnout because of the East Meadow soccer tournament?

If past years are any indication, the turnout will be ok, but the talent will be light. The 2020 has a good black team although they are not deep in talent. The purple team had alot of 4th graders on it and struggled against any talented team. Hopefully the turnout is better for your daughter. Good Luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How funny. I just read a post on the YJ site debating what to do when the shakeup occurs with their 2019 class.

Every year you will have turnover from each program. It's impossible to make everyone happy throughout the year, so inevitably you'll have parents and kids looking to try something different and hopefully more enjoyable. There will be YJ girls trying out at the TG tryouts and there will be TG girls trying out at the YJ tryouts. Try to find the most enjoyable spot for your daughter and don't worry about who is going where.

After all the speculation and rumor mills, the dynamics of each team will remain likely intact and have very little turnover. Good luck to all the girls in both programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How funny. I just read a post on the YJ site debating what to do when the shakeup occurs with their 2019 class.

Every year you will have turnover from each program. It's impossible to make everyone happy throughout the year, so inevitably you'll have parents and kids looking to try something different and hopefully more enjoyable. There will be YJ girls trying out at the TG tryouts and there will be TG girls trying out at the YJ tryouts. Try to find the most enjoyable spot for your daughter and don't worry about who is going where.

After all the speculation and rumor mills, the dynamics of each team will remain likely intact and have very little turnover. Good luck to all the girls in both programs.
There’s a lot of FAF in that YJ 2019 group, so I don’t think much will change over there. Probably add another team like last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would expect them to easily field two teams at that age as they have in the past. This years 2020 group was very good but started out with many players who were on black 2019 the year before as well as some purple players. For this year I think there are several kids who played up a year, who will be sliding down to their own age. Several players played up for the purple team who should have a decent shot at black and I think there was one player on black 2020 who will be moving to 2021. All that said, the talent always seems to show up for this club for the first year. The TG may not host 5 teams for the age group, but they will put together a competitive black team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would expect them to easily field two teams at that age as they have in the past. This years 2020 group was very good but started out with many players who were on black 2019 the year before as well as some purple players. For this year I think there are several kids who played up a year, who will be sliding down to their own age. Several players played up for the purple team who should have a decent shot at black and I think there was one player on black 2020 who will be moving to 2021. All that said, the talent always seems to show up for this club for the first year. The TG may not host 5 teams for the age group, but they will put together a competitive black team.

Lots of movement from 2020 Black few from that team going over to YJ. Team tired one or two players going to goal mentality and real tired of the Huntington loud mouth daddys who just never shut up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of movement from 2020 Black few from that team going over to YJ. Team tired one or two players going to goal mentality and real tired of the Huntington loud mouth daddys who just never shut up!

Unfortunately 2020 is a team that is already starting to be controlled with the behind the scenes nonsense , but kissing and private lessons. Even worse it is painfully obvious that they try to win games by having 2 players force their way to the goal. If your kid came out of the YJ game for more than 5 minutes you may want to look elsewhere because the writing is on the wall either you will be moved down to purple or you will be riding the pine in any competitive game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see you have some conflicts with some of the parents or players on that team for whatever reason, I'm sure rooting in town politics or whatever. The truth of 2020 is team play, they move and transition the ball through most all players very well, way better than nearly all teams their age and better than most teams several years older. Very rarely would you see girls going to goal, nearly always you saw quick cuts hit with pass ending with quick stick goal. Sounds like you have your agenda, so feel free to spew hate on a team you know nothing about.

Like Reply Quote
Page 70 of 220 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard