BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Boys 2023-12th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to 12th Grade Boys (2023 Grads) for the Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2023-12th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Reposting last post from previous SY:

Just needed to interject. Now that Travel is "wrapping up", I am happy to say that my son has committed to a D1 program. However, I must add that it wasn't without doing a lot of the leg work ourselves. You must be pro-active with highlights, prospect days and showcases. It was a long process and an emotional roller coaster.

Most colleges wanted to "see junior play during the season". This is where the coaches will see directly the caliber of player your son is. A lot depends on the particular schools' "needs" for that graduating class as well. Yes, it helps to have the high school and Travel coach provide info/support for your son. They are not magicians! They can't make schools look at your son. Your son/yourself need to continue to provide info and proof that supports your son's candidacy for the particular College. Travel originally was meant for kids to play against "better" competition. Today, it is partly true. Every kid, if able to pay, basically can make a travel team on some level. Once you are in contact with the Universities, then you need to be pro-active with letting both coaches know your interest, etc. so they can further the contacts/conversation. We also need to realize that our kids may not be as good as we think they are and maybe can't play for the level of school we are searching for. Also, I have experienced "crazy parents and players" over the years in HS and Travel. Do you think a coach would go to bat for them? Just some examples and feedback from past experiences. Best of Luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Team BOTC
Reposting last post from previous SY:

Just needed to interject. Now that Travel is "wrapping up", I am happy to say that my son has committed to a D1 program. However, I must add that it wasn't without doing a lot of the leg work ourselves. You must be pro-active with highlights, prospect days and showcases. It was a long process and an emotional roller coaster.

Most colleges wanted to "see junior play during the season". This is where the coaches will see directly the caliber of player your son is. A lot depends on the particular schools' "needs" for that graduating class as well. Yes, it helps to have the high school and Travel coach provide info/support for your son. They are not magicians! They can't make schools look at your son. Your son/yourself need to continue to provide info and proof that supports your son's candidacy for the particular College. Travel originally was meant for kids to play against "better" competition. Today, it is partly true. Every kid, if able to pay, basically can make a travel team on some level. Once you are in contact with the Universities, then you need to be pro-active with letting both coaches know your interest, etc. so they can further the contacts/conversation. We also need to realize that our kids may not be as good as we think they are and maybe can't play for the level of school we are searching for. Also, I have experienced "crazy parents and players" over the years in HS and Travel. Do you think a coach would go to bat for them? Just some examples and feedback from past experiences. Best of Luck

Excellent post! Congrats and good luck to your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was surprised so many club teams this rising-senior summer season kept so many players on the bench. Coaches just sticking with the same guys because they think it wins games is rampant. I see so few teams rotate new attack or D at half or quarters.

I feel bad for kids on my son's club team who are on sideline all game or get garbage minutes. We're not a real team like HS. Everyone is there to play and they pay to get benched.

#1 thing coaches told my son-- we need to see you play. They didn't care about wins/losses or the tourney or the club. Yeah the better teams go to better tourneys and know who are the better clubs. But a player with 2 minutes at end of game on a great team is useless to a college coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel lacrosse has always been like that! Why would it be different for rising senior year ?best players get the most minuets!Did you do prospect days at appropriate programs for his level of play?Did you do individual showcase’s?Look in the mirror!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are prospect days worthwhile during sophomore year? Does it help to go to multiple if one of your top choices?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are prospect days worthwhile during sophomore year? Does it help to go to multiple if one of your top choices?

Wouldn’t Sophomore year be the optimal year to go considering recruiting has started and schools can start talking to you 9/1 of your junior year? I would say Sophomore year is “the year” to get to prospect days and showcases.

Link Copied to Clipboard