BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,324
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Girls 2029-6th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to 6th Grade Girls (2029 Grads) for the Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2029-6th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Reposting last post from previous SY:

How many LI YJ teams are there for girls 2029? Are they all parent run teams or paid coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 teams: Friedman, Howley (Nassau), Duswalt (Suffolk). They should build a 4th team though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why? To squeeze some more money out of the sheep?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder which NY teams will be ranked in the top 25 when the US Club Lax rankings come out? YJ, TG, Tradition?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is the best on LI, right? they should be in top 10

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has a good program, but i believe they are stronger for their boys teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not even close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes but they beat every other LI team over last two years, so what do you mean by 'not even close?' Infact, they NEVER lost to another LI team. Beat down both Friedberg and TGs. Tradition also!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 not even close to top 10

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any club prices out there anyone can share . Annapolis Hawks great program $2300 .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is $3,000

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All false . 91 tied YJ Friedman and you can see that in tourney machine. Also beat tradition by one goal in the last minute of the game . By the way tradition is a town team . Nice try.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy $4,400.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, please stay with 91 and their overstimulated 4 male coaches running up and down the sidelines yelling at the players.
Please stay and pay for training that BS doesnt have to pay for thanks to the other parents.
Please stay with 91 when BS leaves to go to YJ.
Please stay and possibly be the best below average 91 girls team in their modest history.
Please stay and play low level tournaments then toast with red solo cups after a win.
Please provide the date when they played TG this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amazing.....admin back on the 91 payroll. Won't allow any honest comments if they're against 91. Ridiculous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did 91 do in Maryland? 0-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 beat friedberg by 4 in lax for the cure and friedberg is YJs 'AA' team. Yes tradition game was a nail bite in PA but also beat them in Queen of LI by 4 as well. TGs got smoked last year. BTW, none of these teams beat 91. So please.. these r all facts. If your daughters are 29s and play on LI then ya'all know who the top team is..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 has a good program, but i believe they are stronger for their boys teams.

91 is a godawful program for girls - always has been always will be….

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Answer the question . The person asked you what date did they play TG. Right, they didn't . Also answer the question. What happened in Maryland?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 got smoked in Maryland 0-3....that's what happens when you play real teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
please tell me who the real teams on LI are?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ, TG, Jesters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ, TG, Jesters

Agreed....those are your top 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ, TG, Jesters

91 smacked YJ around in MD. Hahahaha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ, TG, Jesters

91 smacked YJ around in MD. Hahahaha

Really ? 91 didnt even play YJ in Maryland . Keep lying . 91 went 0-3 in embarrassing fashion

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just like 91 played TG right ? If 91 smacked around YJ like you said give the date ....you're a sad individual making things up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ, TG, Jesters

Jesters would do really well if they could slap one of their non parent coaches on their black team. Their parent coach is very good, very fair, but add an Esposito, Tilts, Kilgus, Douglas , Downey, and that team could pull in 2-3 top kids and sale lightyears ahead. They are 2-3 good players from top team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ, TG, Jesters

Jesters would do really well if they could slap one of their non parent coaches on their black team. Their parent coach is very good, very fair, but add an Esposito, Tilts, Kilgus, Douglas , Downey, and that team could pull in 2-3 top kids and sale lightyears ahead. They are 2-3 good players from top team

I think any team could say the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ, TG, Jesters

Tilts has 2024 class and Esposito 2026 class as seen on the website. Would be smart if the club put each of them with a middle school team: for example tilts or Espositos with 29 so they can build them up as they approach recruiting and bring in a few more solid players enticed by the non male and non parent coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ, TG, Jesters

Tilts has 2024 class and Esposito 2026 class as seen on the website. Would be smart if the club put each of them with a middle school team: for example tilts or Espositos with 29 so they can build them up as they approach recruiting and bring in a few more solid players enticed by the non male and non parent coach

And there you have it. A non-male coach can entice a "few solid players. Interesting.......maybe the BEST coach could bring in a "few solid players. Funny how that is able to slip into the conversation but if it was said "hey dont play for a non-male coach" that would be censored. Sexist either way and shameful!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ, TG, Jesters

And there you have it. A non-male coach can entice a "few solid players. Interesting.......maybe the BEST coach could bring in a "few solid players. Funny how that is able to slip into the conversation but if it was said "hey dont play for a non-male coach" that would be censored. Sexist either way and shameful!!!

You’re going to argue that a female coach for young girls is not a better fit? A woman players can look up to as a role model to played the sport ? I think any club would benefit from current or prior female players coaching them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ, TG, Jesters

You’re going to argue that a female coach for young girls is not a better fit? A woman players can look up to as a role model to played the sport ? I think any club would benefit from current or prior female players coaching them.

Unbelievable that you continue to say uninformed statements. The BST coach is the BEST option for any young player including girls. If your contention is true....Top Guns should have every young girl on LI waiting to play for them. As far a prior player......any of the "non-male" coaches who you have suggested and have have played, cant carry the gym bag of SS. Maybe you should look up meritocracy and apply that to your opinions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is not a good program . If it was spallinas older brother and current Stonybrook womens college lacrosse coach wouldn't have brought his daughter to YJ. Don't waste your time and money on a minor league gieo club that plays weak competition and can't handle the out of state clubs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ, TG, Jesters

Unbelievable that you continue to say uninformed statements. The BST coach is the BEST option for any young player including girls. If your contention is true....Top Guns should have every young girl on LI waiting to play for them. As far a prior player......any of the "non-male" coaches who you have suggested and have have played, cant carry the gym bag of SS. Maybe you should look up meritocracy and apply that to your opinions.

I have nothing against SS. I don’t doubt she’s a strong female coach as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is trying out for YJ (her FLG team folded last year). Do we like the coaches? Any insight would be helpful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friedman is a great coach (Suffolk team ) ...howley is as well (Nassau team ). Haven't heard good things about duswolt . There really isn't an A and a B team , they call it Suffolk and Nassau but the Suffolk team (Friedman) is a much stronger team and is treated as the A team . Whatever you do , don't go near 91 ....they'll tell you they're an A team and beat everyone but they're not a good program they only play in tournaments that they run and beat bad teams .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friedman is a great coach (Suffolk team ) ...howley is as well (Nassau team ). Haven't heard good things about duswolt . There really isn't an A and a B team , they call it Suffolk and Nassau but the Suffolk team (Friedman) is a much stronger team and is treated as the A team . Whatever you do , don't go near 91 ....they'll tell you they're an A team and beat everyone but they're not a good program they only play in tournaments that they run and beat bad teams .

What have you heard about dusolt?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahaha!! 91 smacked friedman in lax for the cure in MD! Beat them by 3! The Nassau YJ team would lose by 10 to 91. YJ,TG, and Jesters top 29 teams?? Ha. Keep dreaming. Friedman will tell u The same

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard he's an absolute lunatic who does nothing but he'll and berate the girls ....leaving girls in tears more than a few times . Girls have left willingly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard he's an absolute lunatic who does nothing but he'll and berate the girls ....leaving girls in tears more than a few times . Girls have left willingly

YJ Nassau kids BOLTING in all age groups. Nassau side of the program has zero good things to say

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Nassau kids BOLTING in all age groups. Nassau side of the program has zero good things to say

Fake news

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ve heard the same issues about him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But ....Friedman is probably one of the best coaches and team on long island so you shookd definitely give it a shot as well as howley if your in Nassau county

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re going to argue that a female coach for young girls is not a better fit? A woman players can look up to as a role model to played the sport ? I think any club would benefit from current or prior female players coaching them.[/quote]

I definitely agree with this. We are fortunate for our 29 teams that we have female coaches on staff that are role models for our daughters. Some are parent-coaches and perform both roles equally well. There is nothing worse than any coach who does not display sportsmanship or class.
Watching the behavior of the 2029 91 coaches at Lax 4 the Cure is not what I would want for my daughter. The constant berating of officials, behavior towards the opposing coaches, and the over-dramatic sideline reactions were on full display for all to see. I can not imagine having young girls being exposed to this multiple times a week for a year. What is worse is that the female coach was pretty much the source of these antics.
Wins and trophies do not mean anything if our daughters are not around positive role models.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I definitely agree with this. We are fortunate for our 29 teams that we have female coaches on staff that are role models for our daughters. Some are parent-coaches and perform both roles equally well. There is nothing worse than any coach who does not display sportsmanship or class.
Watching the behavior of the 2029 91 coaches at Lax 4 the Cure is not what I would want for my daughter. The constant berating of officials, behavior towards the opposing coaches, and the over-dramatic sideline reactions were on full display for all to see. I can not imagine having young girls being exposed to this multiple times a week for a year. What is worse is that the female coach was pretty much the source of these antics.
Wins and trophies do not mean anything if our daughters are not around positive role models.[/quote]

I know exactly what you're talking about as I have witnessed the 91 coaches as well . 91 breeds [Censored] even with their boys teams so not surprising at all . And it teickela down to the parents as well . Horrible

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wins and trophies do not mean anything if our daughters are not around positive role models.[/quote]

It has trickled.down to the parent sideline as well lol...parents walking around saying they beat YJ (lie) they tied Friedman, saying they beat too guns but they never even played them . Embarrassing coaches and parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You realize you contradicted yourself and made no sense. No argument about 91 and their over-stimulated male coaches. BS just waiting for call from YJ and he will leave. In your same opinion you stated you agree and are fortunate that your 29 teams have female coaches. But then say the 91 female coach was the source of the antics. Good coaches are good coaches period. I understand you are new to the wlax club scene, but keep your sexist opinion to yourself as your child may be missing out on better coaching due to your uneducated opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
200 girls signed up for YJ 2029 tryouts that will take place on Wednesday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That can’t possibly be true can it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope YJ creates a 4th team...Eastern & Western Suffolk teams would be great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fake news.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

completely false

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More like 100 or so there. I wonder how many missed out due to the tryout being rescheduled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That can’t possibly be true can it?

Jesters had over 150 easy. It is very possible especially if kids didn’t make the teams they wanted to at their current clubs and are now looking for better options

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope YJ creates a 4th team...Eastern & Western Suffolk teams would be great.

No worries if 200 really showed up to tryouts there will be 8 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters black, YJ Friedman and Top Guns all added to their A teams . Those are by far your top 3 long island teams now . Nobody comes close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters black, YJ Friedman and Top Guns all added to their A teams . Those are by far your top 3 long island teams now . Nobody comes close

You can not leave 91 Roar off of this list. Despite the antics of their coaching staff, they have a solid lineup. They haven’t played all of the teams mentioned but are still reigning Queens of the Island by beating a multitude of other LI programs. However you have to wonder how long the team will stay together as they don’t play use their full team during “important” games. Championship t-shirts feel hollow to families when your daughter is not playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct - as it is in almost ever age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can not leave 91 Roar off of this list. Despite the antics of their coaching staff, they have a solid lineup. They haven’t played all of the teams mentioned but are still reigning Queens of the Island by beating a multitude of other LI programs. However you have to wonder how long the team will stay together as they don’t play use their full team during “important” games. Championship t-shirts feel hollow to families when your daughter is not playing.

They will stay off the list when they beat one if the above mentioned teams which they have not . As stated here before ....91 is not a good girls club and never will be . They can call themselves whatever they want they're just not a good club . Beating horrible teams doesn't make you one of the best teams .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 roar best YJ 29 A at lax for the cure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was there… 8-5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never happened. Fake news . They tied . Sad that you make things up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake news ....they tied

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Friedman got even stronger after tryouts ....nobody comes close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What travel clubs have High School aged coaches other than Jesters ? I’m new to this and it seems young to have any experience to run a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not “fake news”, they tied at Queen of the Island and 91 best YJA at Lax for the Cure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your a clueless [Censored]. 91 beat yj 8-5 @ lax forcure. But keep knocking 91 - they will run the LI table this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your a clueless [Censored]. 91 beat yj 8-5 @ lax forcure. But keep knocking 91 - they will run the LI table this year

Spallina it’s time to retire from the forum

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Run what table ....the weak table aka their own "my lacrosse tournaments ". 91 plays weak teams . Friedman added talent . Friedman is the top team on long island and just got stenger . 91 will stick to blowing out B teams and losing every game when they go to Maryland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Run from 91. All you are doing is paying for the overstimulated coaches kids to get trained. They will leave when YJ calls. 91 has zero next level connections.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. 91 beats bad teams 18-0 in their weak my lacrosse tournament and everyone is happy and the parents tell people their the best team in the country lol….then they go out of state and lose every game , a lot of girls don’t see the field and they leave crying . Doesn’t sound like a good team by any stretch of the imagination

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can bash 91 but let’s be factual at least. IF they have talent they will not have issues w connections. YJ has as many people unhappy as happy- and that’s not unexpected for the top program, goes same for 91 boys side. All the bashing just seems likes nervousness that another program may provide some competition. And no they won’t compete overnight- but if the same training, enthusiasm, recruiting of good female AND male coaching continues for a few years 91 will have a bunch of very good teams. They won’t be YJ and that’s ok

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong…if your girl is serious about playing lacrosse in college etc….she needs to be with a top program. That’s a fact. For example, people on here will joke about YJ making 8 teams . But YJ commits 60 girls every year from their teams whether it be the A, B Suffolk, Nassau or whatever else they call themselves. And that is another verifiable fact. So while 91 may win a game here and there they are not recognized as a top girls club by anyone except their parents and coaches .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong…if your girl is serious about playing lacrosse in college etc….she needs to be with a top program. That’s a fact. For example, people on here will joke about YJ making 8 teams . But YJ commits 60 girls every year from their teams whether it be the A, B Suffolk, Nassau or whatever else they call themselves. And that is another verifiable fact. So while 91 may win a game here and there they are not recognized as a top girls club by anyone except their parents and coaches .

Well said, I couldn't agree more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The latest joke from the 91 organization otherwise known as dynamic sports is the created a girls " national team ". What exactly is a national team, did girls try out from all over the country for your "national team " because in the real world a national team is a team that has the best players in the country on it . Stop trying to take me oney from parents with your fake national teams lol. Can't make this stuff up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said, I couldn't agree more.

Nobody said they are recognized as a top girls program today. If a player is good enough they will get recruited. And right now many believe the training and coaching at 91 is better- can go bavk and forth about that but people feel that way. I personally don’t care about wins or losses- care about player development. Also not arguing past recruiting success

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can bash 91 but let’s be factual at least. IF they have talent they will not have issues w connections. YJ has as many people unhappy as happy- and that’s not unexpected for the top program, goes same for 91 boys side. All the bashing just seems likes nervousness that another program may provide some competition. And no they won’t compete overnight- but if the same training, enthusiasm, recruiting of good female AND male coaching continues for a few years 91 will have a bunch of very good teams. They won’t be YJ and that’s ok

Correct "they" wont be......but the 91 coaches kids will be YJ soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
History will repeat itself...91 girls will leave for YJ . Just ask spallinas brother who took his daughter to YJ and other girls followed and the 2025 91 girls team collapsed. Girls had to scramble to find another club .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get player development. You may not care about wins and losses, but players do, even those at the youngest of ages. It's always a balance. No one stays at a program with great training that doesn't win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not so far back 91 had a very good team in one of the age groups but it all fell apart

yj grabbed some of the top kids and that was it , dont remember the class but they were really good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025....and the YJ team was coached by nine other than spallinas brother..if your own brother is taking his kid and some girls to YJ then 91 isn't good enough for him and isn't good enough for anyone else . Will happen again . But unfortunately will be too late for a lot of girls as those YJ teams will be and are legit already

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025....and the YJ team was coached by nine other than spallinas brother..if your own brother is taking his kid and some girls to YJ then 91 isn't good enough for him and isn't good enough for anyone else . Will happen again . But unfortunately will be too late for a lot of girls as those YJ teams will be and are legit already

ok can we please move on from talking about 91 anymore....if people want to stay there and not learn from what has happened over and over again let them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same happened with 91 ‘23 team when the girls were in 7th grade. Coach and a bunch of girls went to YJ. The rest were left to scramble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just check and see for yourself in plain sight on their website ...YJ #3 club in the whole country, #1 on long island and #1 in New York state . Always has been and always will be

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just check and see for yourself in plain sight on their website ...YJ #3 club in the whole country, #1 on long island and #1 in New York state . Always has been and always will be

YJ certainly the # 1 team on the island with the exception of the current’23 girls who have aged out. Was always embarrassing for them that they couldn’t beat TG. With that said if you’re not on the “A” team , I would not have my daughter play there if she’s good enough to make the TG, Legacy, or Jesters top roster. Theses clubs also get excellent recruiting results. You have to look at the quality of the commitments, not the quantity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ certainly the # 1 team on the island with the exception of the current’23 girls who have aged out. Was always embarrassing for them that they couldn’t beat TG. With that said if you’re not on the “A” team , I would not have my daughter play there if she’s good enough to make the TG, Legacy, or Jesters top roster. Theses clubs also get excellent recruiting results. You have to look at the quality of the commitments, not the quantity.

YJ have the most commits but look at the schools that the B and lower teams commit to. You really need to be on the A team if a high academic or lacrosse school is your daughter's goal. You'll have better visibility on an A team of a decent club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ have the most commits but look at the schools that the B and lower teams commit to. You really need to be on the A team if a high academic or lacrosse school is your daughter's goal. You'll have better visibility on an A team of a decent club.

Exactly my point!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly my point!
I would think about flg they have really good teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly my point!
I would think about flg they have really good teams

The entire FLG program is a joke. Their 2029 team actually folded.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not accurate. I believe the 29’s combined with the 29 blue Devils. The 27 and 28 teams are pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haters gonna detest. 91 is where it’s at.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG has very few teams. Most years don’t have one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Haters gonna detest. 91 is where it’s at.[/quote

Very articulate...based on nothing but some rah rah parents. 91 is not a good girls club and will never be

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haters gonna detest. 91 is where it’s at.

Hahaha....really funny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not accurate. I believe the 29’s combined with the 29 blue Devils. The 27 and 28 teams are pretty good.

FLG is a soft & weak program. If you want your daughter to play at the next level (college), don't invest your time & money with FLG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% accurate. Their 29 FLG B (not Blue Devil) team folded because there was zero leadership. Oh, and they didn't refund anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would suggest this order

YJA
TGA
LegacyA
JestersA
YJB
TGB
YJC
LegacyB
Jesters B
Liberty
FLG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FLG is a soft & weak program. If you want your daughter to play at the next level (college), don't invest your time & money with FLG.
Why not the own LILJ and have all the new teams, leagues and the all LI games with the best kids on the island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard the 2026 flg folded also

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why not the own LILJ and have all the new teams, leagues and the all LI games with the best kids on the island.

I sense sarcasm lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How are their 27 and 28 teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard YJ Friedman made some nice additions...top dog on long island by far. All girls will be scrambling to male that team by next year after they see how they dominate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJA
TGA
LegacyA
JestersA
YJB
TGB
YJC
LegacyB
Jesters B
Liberty
FLG
Ha, you guys are such haters!! Flg? YJC?? Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard YJ Friedman made some nice additions...top dog on long island by far. All girls will be scrambling to male that team by next year after they see how they dominate.

Correct....anyone else who think they can compete with YJ Friedman is fooling themselves

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's actually plain as day to see....check out YJ website . You will see some of the 2023 commits and the top schools they're going to . Then look at 91 page and see the schools they are posting on their site . Haven't even heard of some of the schools on their website. Huge gap between the two clubs so please stop comparing them to YJ .....it's comedic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 91 A team players are going to the same schools teams ranked 150 are sending kids to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJA
TGA
LegacyA
JestersA
YJB
TGB
YJC
LegacyB
Jesters B
Liberty
FLG

YJ does not have a C team. They have 2 B teams (Duswalt for Suffolk & Bills for Nassau).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJA
TGA
LegacyA
JestersA
YJB
TGB
YJC
LegacyB
Jesters B
Liberty
FLG

YJ does not have a C team. They have 2 B teams (Duswalt for Suffolk & Bills for Nassau).

Lol, two B teams?? Now that’s a funny new concept.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJA
TGA
LegacyA
JestersA
YJB
TGB
YJC
LegacyB
Jesters B
Liberty
FLG

haha yea that's a new one....kinda like clubs that use A and AA to make you not feel like second fiddle

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has beat many of these teams, they should be much higher up here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bills for Nassau? Where’s Howley? Needs a break from screaming at his team I guess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJA
TGA
LegacyA
JestersA
YJB
TGB
YJC
LegacyB
Jesters B
Liberty
FLG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bills for Nassau? Where’s Howley? Needs a break from screaming at his team I guess

I think you are referring to Duswalt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJA
TGA
LegacyA
JestersA
YJB
TGB
YJC
LegacyB
Jesters B
Liberty
FLG

Two B teams, one for Nassau and one in Suffolk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has beat many of these teams, they should be much higher up here

91 is a D team , just because you boownout bad teams 35-0 doesn't make you a good team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting.....looks like a long island thay claims to be good passedon queen of the island ? Probably plauing in one of their weak "my lacrosse tournament"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJA
TGA
LegacyA
JestersA
YJB
TGB
YJC
LegacyB
Jesters B
Liberty
FLG

Success breeds jealousy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting.....looks like a long island thay claims to be good passedon queen of the island ? Probably plauing in one of their weak "my lacrosse tournament"?

Success breeds jealousy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Success breeds jealousy!

Good one , by the way you would actually have to be successful. Nice try

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Success breeds jealousy!

dense statement. 91 Roar has never lost to a LI team. Every negative comment abt 91 is from a parent that kid can't make that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Success breeds jealousy!

dense statement. 91 Roar has never lost to a LI team. Every negative comment abt 91 is from a parent that kid can't make that team.

Wrong again ...keep telling lies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both Suffolk Teams are Daddy ran.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tradition is underrated. They tie or nearly beat YJ Friedman every time they step on the field. They have an unstoppable middie and great coaching. Tradition lost by one goal to YJ yesterday at the queen of the Island yesterday and if the game went on another 30 seconds they would of tied. Kudos to YJ coach for stopping game play and cursing out all the coaches and refs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both Suffolk Teams are Daddy ran.
What are their names?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tradition is underrated. They tie or nearly beat YJ Friedman every time they step on the field. They have an unstoppable middie and great coaching. Tradition lost by one goal to YJ yesterday at the queen of the Island yesterday and if the game went on another 30 seconds they would of tied. Kudos to YJ coach for stopping game play and cursing out all the coaches and refs.
Tradition are well coached.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Friedman 3-0 at Lax for the Cure beating Top Guns, Monster and Eagle Stix. 6-0 this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJA
TGA
LegacyA
JestersA
YJB
TGB
YJC
LegacyB
Jesters B
Liberty
FLG

Your list is going to need some work. For starters, the following teams on your list are not competing in the highest pools this fall (or they don't exist): Legacy, Jesters, YJB, YJNassau, Legacy, Liberty, FLG. That makes no possible way that any of them can rank higher than the ones that are: YJA, TGA, Tradition, 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you mean by not competing in the highest pools? YJB plays in high pools out of state. Perhaps not as high as YJA, but certainly higher than the clubs that don't go to the better tournaments (Jesters, Traditions, Legacy, Liberty).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJA
TGA
LegacyA
JestersA
YJB
TGB
YJC
LegacyB
Jesters B
Liberty
FLG

Your list is going to need some work. For starters, the following teams on your list are not competing in the highest pools this fall (or they don't exist): Legacy, Jesters, YJB, YJNassau, Legacy, Liberty, FLG. That makes no possible way that any of them can rank higher than the ones that are: YJA, TGA, Tradition, 91.

Wrong....91 took another beatdown in Maryland. They can't beat the better teams so they're deserving of a low ranking . YJ Friedman at the top then everyone else , as the above piayer just said Friedman is 6-0 this fall .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you mean by not competing in the highest pools? YJB plays in high pools out of state. Perhaps not as high as YJA, but certainly higher than the clubs that don't go to the better tournaments (Jesters, Traditions, Legacy, Liberty).

Which YJB team are you referring to, YJ Suffolk or JY Nassau?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As much as you may have heard bad things about Duswalt. He is a pretty good coach. He's def a screamer. But what coach isn't. His teams every year get the short end of the stick cause the better players move to YJA. But he's 6-0 for the fall so far and he's been pretty successful in getting the B teams on a winning run year over year. You can say the same for the Howley teams too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As much as you may have heard bad things about Duswalt. He is a pretty good coach. He's def a screamer. But what coach isn't. His teams every year get the short end of the stick cause the better players move to YJA. But he's 6-0 for the fall so far and he's been pretty successful in getting the B teams on a winning run year over year. You can say the same for the Howley teams too.

Coach Duswalt, is that you writing about yourself again. It’s actually comical. How was your retention?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You just answered your own question. "High" is not the same as "Highest" which actually matters in the ranking system. So, that's what I mean by not competing in the highest pools.

You won't have to guess about this for much longer than a week. USClub Lax will update their rankings very soon and you'll be able to see exactly where you stand. But...not sure how you could think that YJB is better than Tradition. Tradition 29 is currently ranked number six in the nation. They spent the last month playing and beating out of state teams that are rated in the high 90's (let's note that YJA beat them recently though). Tradition played in a higher pool than YJB in Queen of Long Island. YJB's record and goal differential is great, but they're playing mostly teams that are rated in the low 80's.

Yes YJB are higher than Liberty, who seemingly do not have a 2029 team. Jesters does play in the highest pools of some out of state tournaments, though 2029 isn't their "flagship" year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When comparing this comment to reality, the answer is: neither.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn’t even make sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn’t even make sense.

Sure it does. The commenter is not sure of how YJB can't be ranked among the A teams, stating that these B teams are engaging in a high level of competition.
The respondent asks "which B team?" (Duswalt or Nassau)
The other respondent says that in reality neither team is engaging in the highest level of competition.
This is, in fact, true. While both YJB teams have great records, their competition is rated mostly in the 80's by USCL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
dense statement. 91 Roar has never lost to a LI team. Every negative comment abt 91 is from a parent that kid can't make that team.[/quote]

It would be cool if they didn't avoid Long Island competition. No show at Queen of Long Island, Lax for the Cure, etc. Let's also not dismiss the fact that they've now begun losing to out-of-state teams that Long Island Teams have beaten (Monsters Elite (8-6) for example- beaten by both Tradition (9-8) and YJFriedmann (6-4)). 91 won't be the ones posting screenshots of the USCL leaderboard here next week, that's for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn’t even make sense.

Sure it does. The commenter is not sure of how YJB can't be ranked among the A teams, stating that these B teams are engaging in a high level of competition.
The other respondent says that in reality neither team is engaging in the highest level of competition.
This is, in fact, true. While both YJB teams have great records, their competition is rated mostly in the 80's by USCL.

Are we really talking about 6 grade girls rankings?! Pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn’t even make sense.

Are we really talking about 6 grade girls rankings?! Pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USCL Rankings on how 2029 Long Island Teams rank nationally as of 11/18/22

#3: Yellow Jackets A (Friedman)
#10: Top Guns A (Black)
#12: Tradition
#30: Yellow Jackets B (Duswalt)
#85: FLG Blue Devils
#99: Top Guns B (Purple)
#102: Lax on Elite

No other Long Island teams appear in the rankings, typically due to not entering into enough ranked play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you'll be grateful to know that there are plenty of places where your kid can go play the width of the field for participation trophies. this is not that place. those who are good enough to be ranked care about ranking, and that's the expectation after paying several thousand dollars on lacrosse each season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USCL Rankings on how 2029 Long Island Teams rank nationally as of 11/18/22

#3: Yellow Jackets A (Friedman)
#10: Top Guns A (Black)
#12: Tradition
#30: Yellow Jackets B (Duswalt)
#85: FLG Blue Devils
#99: Top Guns B (Purple)
#102: Lax on Elite

No other Long Island teams appear in the rankings, typically due to not entering into enough ranked play.

Ranking these young ladies so early is a horrible idea. Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ranking these young ladies so early is a horrible idea. Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this?

I do not think it is a horrible idea however USCL should just wait till the summer tournaments for rankings. At this age it gives teams, programs and parents an idea on where they stand in comparison to others since we are all spending time and money for our girls to be part of these teams. Maybe after spending the past 3 years or so in a program it might be time to tryout for a higher ranked team and see where your daughter stands. In the past, the most movement from program to program occurs after the 6th-8th grade seasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not think it is a horrible idea however USCL should just wait till the summer tournaments for rankings. At this age it gives teams, programs and parents an idea on where they stand in comparison to others since we are all spending time and money for our girls to be part of these teams. Maybe after spending the past 3 years or so in a program it might be time to tryout for a higher ranked team and see where your daughter stands. In the past, the most movement from program to program occurs after the 6th-8th grade seasons.

I liked it better when we ranked our teams on ponytail length and scream volume like the last four pages on this forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too funny lol......team 91 does it with their boys too. If they lose they don't report the scores to uscl so then their not ranked and get embarrassed. It's not good for the brand . Unreal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d like to thank 2029 91 for annihilating my daughter’s “beginner” 2028 team this weekend rather than registering for ranked tournaments against girls of appropriate age level and ability. Blowing out more than one team by more than 12 points, with no threat of it affecting your ranking is a real bragging point and learning experience for everyone involved. Bravo. Not a single team in the top 150 in this tournament. Like shooting fish in a barrel, but you get to brag that you beat older girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournament was this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournament was this?

Fall Lacrosse Classic in Tourney Machine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Classic 91 style . They need something to post on Instagram....it's a business lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My wife was at the Tournament down in Delaware yesterday with my 11 year old daughter. There was a 26 windchill. Girls freezing & crying. At what point do we say enough is enough? Greed is the root of all evil. Oh and there were no scholarships given out yesterday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My wife was at the Tournament down in Delaware yesterday with my 11 year old daughter. There was a 26 windchill. Girls freezing & crying. At what point do we say enough is enough? Greed is the root of all evil. Oh and there were no scholarships given out yesterday.

Esports. Check it out. You can play them within the comfort of your own home. I hear there are scholarships there, but I don't know. You seem to be looking further ahead than most of us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why didn’t you leave them? You felt your daughter was at risk of frost bite or her crying was too much then why did you stay? Stop coming on here and complaining when you are a main part of the problem. No one was forcing your kid to play that day except you. Either pull your kid off the field or stop whining about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why didn’t you leave them? You felt your daughter was at risk of frost bite or her crying was too much then why did you stay? Stop coming on here and complaining when you are a main part of the problem. No one was forcing your kid to play that day except you. Either pull your kid off the field or stop whining about it.

Slight overaction?! You obviously don't have the bandwidth to understand what he was saying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Slight overaction?! You obviously don't have the bandwidth to understand what he was saying.

Oh please. He wasn’t saying anything particularly insightful. He’s the only one talking about scholarships here and is putting his kid in a situation that he considers in harm’s way, but for the benefit of his pipe dream (that he’s spun into being all of our pipe dream). The respondent’s reply holds up. Shame on us greedy greedy lacrosse parents and directors (even the ones that were smart enough to enroll in the 1/2 dozen warm weather fall tournaments rather than drive into the arctic weather of Delaware). Indoor dance is currently enrolling in a strip mall near you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh please. He wasn’t saying anything particularly insightful. He’s the only one talking about scholarships here and is putting his kid in a situation that he considers in harm’s way, but for the benefit of his pipe dream (that he’s spun into being all of our pipe dream). The respondent’s reply holds up. Shame on us greedy greedy lacrosse parents and directors (even the ones that were smart enough to enroll in the 1/2 dozen warm weather fall tournaments rather than drive into the arctic weather of Delaware). Indoor dance is currently enrolling in a strip mall near you.

Hey Popeye, take it down a couple notches. I’ve got no skin in the game here but you seem to be completely overreacting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Popeye, take it down a couple notches. I’ve got no skin in the game here but you seem to be completely overreacting.

What are you, my dad? Not for telling me how to respond to something...but for the Popeye reference? Still had some swimmers for a 2029 kid? Weird.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I liked it better when we ranked our teams on ponytail length and scream volume like the last four pages on this forum.

YJ Freidman ranked #3 in the country for 2029....where is 91. Oh, they must have forgotten to report their scores because they didn't win one game in Maryland lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Freidman ranked #3 in the country for 2029....where is 91. Oh, they must have forgotten to report their scores because they didn't win one game in Maryland lol

You need to play minimum of 6 games to be ranked. They only played 5. Games against another grade, such as the 2028 bracket they played in at Fall Classic do not count. Go to rankings, check alphabetical and scroll down. All their games are reported, including the losses you say are not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You need to play minimum of 6 games to be ranked. They only played 5. Games against another grade, such as the 2028 bracket they played in at Fall Classic do not count. Go to rankings, check alphabetical and scroll down. All their games are reported, including the losses you say are not.

91 has been notably absent from direct ‘29 competition and losing when present. I’m wondering if playing B/C level 28 girls is indicative of the 29 team being short on players or something and needed to add some 28’s to the roster. Otherwise it’s odd. Dodge A level teams at Queen of Li, Live Love Lax, and Delaware but enroll in low level 28 tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 has been notably absent from direct ‘29 competition and losing when present. I’m wondering if playing B/C level 28 girls is indicative of the 29 team being short on players or something and needed to add some 28’s to the roster. Otherwise it’s odd. Dodge A level teams at Queen of Li, Live Love Lax, and Delaware but enroll in low level 28 tournaments?

Correct that is their style and always has been with the boys as well. They say they "play up " but they play against horrible B teams that any grade level can beat then lose to teams their own age group . Standard 91 practice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Monster 29 is 2-7 what a joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Monster 29 is 2-7 what a joke

Definitely relevant when figuring out where 91 ranks against LI teams. However, Monster is pretty good. Just faced some sick competition like Eaglesticks and Friedman.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland jumping into the conversation... Team 91 isn't even on the radar of the Maryland teams, if that matters. Outside of Heros and M&D, the next best clubs in the 2029 division is YJ Friedman and Eaglestix... there is a decent drop off below those 4 teams. Steps CA is ranked 5 with two loses to Urban Elite from Colorado who just got beat pretty good by M&D at a St. James event a few weeks back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland jumping into the conversation... Team 91 isn't even on the radar of the Maryland teams, if that matters. Outside of Heros and M&D, the next best clubs in the 2029 division is YJ Friedman and Eaglestix... there is a decent drop off below those 4 teams. Steps CA is ranked 5 with two loses to Urban Elite from Colorado who just got beat pretty good by M&D at a St. James event a few weeks back.
Ha! Thats friedman talking not Maryland! See you guys in the spring

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This doesn’t really need to be the voice of Friedmann nor Maryland. The rankings say this on their own. Even if it was Friedmann, is 91 really in a position to spit back [Censored]? That’s laughable. 140ish ranked teams and no 91 Spallina in sight. 91 B team is deep down on the list, however. Playing through the fall without being ranked must be considered a failure for the 91 program. I can’t imagine it’s a selling point.

Weird to fire [Censored] talk at who you presume is the #3 ranked team…from the spectators’ sideline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is a team that will sit between 10-20. Won't beat the top 5-6 teams, but will compete 7-20.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is a team that will sit between 10-20. Won't beat the top 5-6 teams, but will compete 7-20.

and then will lose half their roster in two years when kids realize 91s recruiting history

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think 91 Roar is pretty good. However, I don't see the math supporting that the current ranking system can put them in the top 20. There's too much ground to make up to rank among some of those top 20 teams that have records such as 15-0. Dodging ranked competition in the fall did these girls a disservice. There's going to need to be a "Where did these girls come from" moment in the rankings for this top 20 thing to be a reality. And I'm not sure that their current patterns support that.

Losing to the 9th placed team, Monster Elite Purple, while the top 10 and beyond have beaten them...that's gonna be hard to recover from in the rankings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the top ten, there are two "flukes" or teams that don't belong there, but the algorithm has them there for now. That's STEPS and NXT Black.

91's competitors so far average out to a rating of 92.6 and their performance against them is mixed. They've lost to Monster Elite that basically the whole leaderboard has beaten. And they're short on ranked games. Game six for them needs to be a win against a high rated team if they expect to see the top 20. And that will probably place them somewhere around #13. Their record, level of competition, and goal differential would fall somewhere between the 12 and 13th place team. If they lose their game six, they sink into something close to 25th place. Of course, these are just projections.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you could have seen them in the Fall at Queen of Long Island. Now you need them more than they need you. Wonder if they'll give you the time of day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the top ten, there are two "flukes" or teams that don't belong there, but the algorithm has them there for now. That's STEPS and NXT Black.

91's competitors so far average out to a rating of 92.6 and their performance against them is mixed. They've lost to Monster Elite that basically the whole leaderboard has beaten. And they're short on ranked games. Game six for them needs to be a win against a high rated team if they expect to see the top 20. And that will probably place them somewhere around #13. Their record, level of competition, and goal differential would fall somewhere between the 12 and 13th place team. If they lose their game six, they sink into something close to 25th place. Of course, these are just projections.

If you click on Moster Elite, then click on Team 91 Uproar, you can see they have 5 games played, a record of 3-2 and a rating of 95.80. IF they were ranked with those 5 games, they would be 5th behind M&D who is 4th with a 96.47. With that said, Urban Elite would be second, ahead of LI Friedman and Eagles Stix but they only played 5 games (with a 97.57). Interestingly they didn't report their scores from their St. James play day in Virginia where M&D beat them 11-6. My guess is that would have helped M&D and hurt Urban. Shaking up the top 5 and thus pushing Team 91 down, again depending on who they played for game 6 and the result.

Point being, there is a reason they require 6 games before ranking teams. Not sure where Team 91 would fall but again, Heros, M&D, Coppermine, MDU, etc. don't really look at them the same as they do LI Friedman who consistently plays top level competition and plays close or wins. Lastly, fall is such a small sample size. Come spring/summer these rankings will flush out. I don't see much change in the top 4 teams other than movement among them but 5-10 will be interesting and some teams there now may find themselves drop out of the top 10 or even 20 come summer.

Team 91 ranking profile;

https://www.USCL.com/team_info.php?y=2022&t=506930

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the problem with rankings in the fall because there is such a small sample. Team 91 would have had 6 games to rank but due to weather the tournament schedule at Mid Atlantic was changed. So where do they get placed in the ranking is just an educated guess. I would say that they are at least top 10 and at worst (based on ranking points w/ a loss in the sixth game) 15 or so. It is like college football with TCU being ranked 3rd while USC is 4th and THE Ohio state is 5th (with a tougher schedule) and none of these teams have played each other.

What we do know that 91 is 3-0-1 "lifetime" against YJA. 2-0 Spring Queen of the Island 2021, tied at Queen of the Island 2022, win at Lax for the Cure summer 2022.
If you have to rank 2029 LI girls

1a. 91 (beat YJA again, then true number 1)
1b. YJA due to beating everyone on the island besides 91, can be true 1 with a win against 91

3a.top guns these two teams tied each other
3b. tradition

5a Jesters have competed against the top Maryland teams but have gotten soundly beat
5b YJB

Havent seen Legacy 29 off the island along with Lax On.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the problem with rankings in the fall because there is such a small sample. Team 91 would have had 6 games to rank but due to weather the tournament schedule at Mid Atlantic was changed. So where do they get placed in the ranking is just an educated guess. I would say that they are at least top 10 and at worst (based on ranking points w/ a loss in the sixth game) 15 or so. It is like college football with TCU being ranked 3rd while USC is 4th and THE Ohio state is 5th (with a tougher schedule) and none of these teams have played each other.

What we do know that 91 is 3-0-1 "lifetime" against YJA. 2-0 Spring Queen of the Island 2021, tied at Queen of the Island 2022, win at Lax for the Cure summer 2022.

1b. YJA due to beating everyone on the island besides 91, can be true 1 with a win against 91

3b. tradition

5a Jesters have competed against the top Maryland teams but have gotten soundly beat
5b YJB

Those are false claims against YJ Friedman....keep dreaming

Also, Friedman can beat Maryland teams and 91 can not do stop the lies you're embarrassing yourself

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you click on Moster Elite, then click on Team 91 Uproar, you can see they have 5 games played, a record of 3-2 and a rating of 95.80. IF they were ranked with those 5 games, they would be 5th behind M&D who is 4th with a 96.47. With that said, Urban Elite would be second, ahead of LI Friedman and Eagles Stix but they only played 5 games (with a 97.57). Interestingly they didn't report their scores from their St. James play day in Virginia where M&D beat them 11-6. My guess is that would have helped M&D and hurt Urban. Shaking up the top 5 and thus pushing Team 91 down, again depending on who they played for game 6 and the result.

Point being, there is a reason they require 6 games before ranking teams. Not sure where Team 91 would fall but again, Heros, M&D, Coppermine, MDU, etc. don't really look at them the same as they do LI Friedman who consistently plays top level competition and plays close or wins. Lastly, fall is such a small sample size. Come spring/summer these rankings will flush out. I don't see much change in the top 4 teams other than movement among them but 5-10 will be interesting and some teams there now may find themselves drop out of the top 10 or even 20 come summer.

Respectfully, your projections on "who should be ranked where" don't really line up with the real algorithm used for ranking and rating these teams. You should check out the USCL site where it's explained fully. The number you are most ignoring the significance of is the SCHED number.

The team "ratings" change significantly after teams reach their sixth ranked games. The number you see for 91 Roar there is not current. What is current, is taking the "sched" number for each of the competition they played (the strength of each team) and averaging it out to the number I gave you, 92.6. That's on the low end of the top 12 teams in terms of competition level. Their record in the five ranked games is also awful in comparison to the leading teams. Combine the two, and their ranking and rating will not be near what you have said. The only thing they have going for them is a high goal differential when they do win. But like I said, they're a good team. They're just doing a disservice to themselves by not playing in ranked tournaments in the fall. Urban Elite is irrelevant and will remain irrelevant unless they own a private jet. Their average competition is an 89, essentially making them equivalent to a B team. This actually matters in the rankings/ratings. Their record is good, but their frequency of play against high ranking teams makes them irrelevant. You'll see. Their rating of 97.57 will be adjusted after game six, as well- though they are meeting their expected goal differentials against competitors which is sorta noteworthy if we're going to even bother talking about a California team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3b. tradition

5b YJB

This reply is LOADED with misinformation. But it's written so poorly that it's hard for anyone to even make sense of it.
Here's one piece of misinformation we can focus on; the rest makes my head spin:
91 did not beat Yellow Jackets A in Queen of Long Island 2022. 91 did not come to that event. Those two teams have not faced each other four times.

Your numbering/ranking system is nonsensical. It is not grounded in reality or the English language.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you could have seen them in the Fall at Queen of Long Island. Now you need them more than they need you. Wonder if they'll give you the time of day.

Mic Drop! And my guess is they won't be present in the Cantiague tournament in March (again) which is technically the winter. Now 91 needs high ranking competition to wind up on the ranking list, wonder if anyone's gonna bother giving them the time of day. Not much motivation to play an unranked team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish this forum had the ability to add pictures because maybe that is the only way you would understand. Maybe read the post again but this time slower or have your daughter help you.
No one said that 91 beat YJA at Queen of the Island 2022. They tied in the spring 2022. 91 did not enter the fall 2022 Queen of the island.
These two teams have faced each other 4 times. You must be new to the team and drank the YJ kool-aide. It’s ok, keep adding new girls, it doesn’t matter because the results will be the same for your team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mic Drop! And my guess is they won't be present in the Cantiague tournament in March (again) which is technically the winter. Now 91 needs high ranking competition to wind up on the ranking list, wonder if anyone's gonna bother giving them the time of day. Not much motivation to play an unranked team.

Rankings at 11 year’s old is ridiculous. And to base your child’s team off of it at such a young age is just as absurd.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Respectfully, your projections on "who should be ranked where" don't really line up with the real algorithm used for ranking and rating these teams. You should check out the USCL site where it's explained fully. The number you are most ignoring the significance of is the SCHED number.

The team "ratings" change significantly after teams reach their sixth ranked games. The number you see for 91 Roar there is not current. What is current, is taking the "sched" number for each of the competition they played (the strength of each team) and averaging it out to the number I gave you, 92.6. That's on the low end of the top 12 teams in terms of competition level. Their record in the five ranked games is also awful in comparison to the leading teams. Combine the two, and their ranking and rating will not be near what you have said. The only thing they have going for them is a high goal differential when they do win. But like I said, they're a good team. They're just doing a disservice to themselves by not playing in ranked tournaments in the fall. Urban Elite is irrelevant and will remain irrelevant unless they own a private jet. Their average competition is an 89, essentially making them equivalent to a B team. This actually matters in the rankings/ratings. Their record is good, but their frequency of play against high ranking teams makes them irrelevant. You'll see. Their rating of 97.57 will be adjusted after game six, as well- though they are meeting their expected goal differentials against competitors which is sorta noteworthy if we're going to even bother talking about a California team.

Not entirely accurate, once LIJ Friedman played their 6th game, they slotted right where their ranking had them after 5 games. Urban Elite beat Steps CA twice. Why is STEPS CA 5th, because of their two close games to UE who has a 97 rating. Sure that 6th game matters, but Team 91 would most likely still be a top 10 team.

However, as was said, small sample size. So this will all change come spring and summer and I would guess LIJ is the only team in the top 5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No it’s not! Look at all the fun we are having with the ranking!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rankings at 11 year’s old is ridiculous. And to base your child’s team off of it at such a young age is just as absurd.

I'm guessing your kids team is outside the top 100? wink

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish this forum had the ability to add pictures because maybe that is the only way you would understand. Maybe read the post again but this time slower or have your daughter help you.
No one said that 91 beat YJA at Queen of the Island 2022. They tied in the spring 2022. 91 did not enter the fall 2022 Queen of the island.
These two teams have faced each other 4 times. You must be new to the team and drank the YJ kool-aide. It’s ok, keep adding new girls, it doesn’t matter because the results will be the same for your team.
fact 1 91 is 3-0-1 vs YJ Frideman 2-0 in Spring 21 QOI, 1-0 in june lax for the cure and a tie in 2022 QOI (QOI is an abbreviation for Queen of Island fyi)
fact 2 91 is 3-0 vs GC Tradition. Won 2021 spring QOI, 2022 spring QOI, and 2022 summer Grind in PA
fact 3 91 is 2-0 vs Top Guns Won 2021 spring QOI and 2021 summer NXT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fact 1 91 is 3-0-1 vs YJ Frideman 2-0 in Spring 21 QOI, 1-0 in june lax for the cure and a tie in 2022 QOI (QOI is an abbreviation for Queen of Island fyi)
fact 2 91 is 3-0 vs GC Tradition. Won 2021 spring QOI, 2022 spring QOI, and 2022 summer Grind in PA

You're entitled to your own opinion but your not entitled to your own facts . Team 91 is irrelevant, deal with it . Get a refund

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pictures might have been your best option. I agree that your comments are less than coherent. To attempt to comprehend that mess of a post is next to impossible. Your figures are also incorrect, buddy. And your ranking is silly. The girls have already been ranked without you inserting your theories. Their rankings are posted on USCL. To try to reassemble and rearrange a list based on conjecture is a silly and pathetic way to try to put your kid’s team on a list where they aren’t. Scroll back a few posts and the LI girls rankings already been assembled based on their REAL ratings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fact. They’re not ranked this year and the things you’re clinging to are avoiding the relevant details. You’re selectively picking statistics.

91 is messing around against 28 teams rated in the 70’s on the same day that their 2029 A team counterparts are competing in Delaware. 91 is nowhere to be seen at this year’s Fall Queen of Long Island. Nowhere to be seen at Lax for the Cure this fall. Their current ranked game record is winning one more game than they’ve lost. There’s no bragging rights for you here this year. What’s this all about? Trying to say you’re better than Friedmann? Go play him and stop trying to boast of how good you once were.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Considering the top 20 you see on the USCL website don't change much through high school, it doesn't seem like such a bad idea to consider ranking when "basing your child's team off of it." What does that mean by the way? "Choosing" your team? If you're "choosing" or "trying out" for a team at this point...you're pretty far behind the curve. Perhaps consider PAL if ranking and rating don't matter? As another guy put it here, there are plenty of places to play the width of the field for participation trophies. Travel ain't it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings updated:
As of 12/2/22
This is how the Long Island Teams rank among the country.

3- Yellow Jackets A Friedman
10- Top Guns A Black
12- Tradition
30- Yellow Jackets B Duswalt
34- Yellow Jackets B Nassau- Mills
45- LI Jesters Black
51- Team 91 B Thunder
97- FLG Blue Devils
102- LI Jesters Pink
106- Top Guns B Purple
111- Lady Ballers
118- Lax on Elite
124- Ohana

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't agree more. "Absurd" is being polite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There must be a shop in Long Island that makes trophies. Save your team the expense of a trip down to Maryland in the Spring and buy your team some cute little Long Island shaped participation trophies instead. You'd be doing us all a favor in MD. Meeting the 10 goal expected differential against low ranking teams is really annoying. Really only want to play Freidman, Tradition, and Top Guns. The rest of you stay home and figure out what to "base your team on" other than performance against competition. 91 will stay behind and play you, too. Wouldn't be the first time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s just ridiculous. How did it get like this? All this time and money. Lacrosse is a dead end sport. It’s not like baseball and football where you go on to play professional and make millions. I guess at least now you can play at some sort of “professional” level, but having it as a career is extremely rare. It just doesn’t make sense. Find a team that your daughter has FUN on and is improving her own skills. When she’s older and knows where she wants to go to college go to some prospect camps. Half these girls on these top teams on Long Island don’t even belong on them, they’re just dollar signs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s just ridiculous. How did it get like this? All this time and money. Lacrosse is a dead end sport. It’s not like baseball and football where you go on to play professional and make millions. I guess at least now you can play at some sort of “professional” level, but having it as a career is extremely rare. It just doesn’t make sense. Find a team that your daughter has FUN on and is improving her own skills. When she’s older and knows where she wants to go to college go to some prospect camps. Half these girls on these top teams on Long Island don’t even belong on them, they’re just dollar signs.

Wow, there are actually a few rational parents on this thread. You asked "how did it get like this?", it's because of the wacko parents who don't see the big picture like you do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, there are actually a few rational parents on this thread. You asked "how did it get like this?", it's because of the wacko parents who don't see the big picture like you do.

What I always find interesting is how other people care about how people spend their money. Maybe, these teams the girls "don't belong on" are the teams the girls are having fun and improving, like you suggested. I understand not everyone can or will see the value in playing club but, you show your true colors when you try and bring others down because you won't or can't....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's possible to care about performance and ranking among peers without seeing a professional career at the end of the tunnel... at any age. Some people like high level competition- especially once you consider the time and money that goes into travel ball.

Lacrosse may be a "dead end" by your definition, but it's not dead by the definition of a lot of people. Plenty of college commits have doors open that generally wouldn't have been available if it hadn't been for their dedication to lacrosse. But again, nobody is necessarily talking about potential for the future except for the "ranking girls is ridiculous" crew on here. It's like words are being put into the mouths of the competitive folks here. "Why do you like ranking girls? Because you have delusions of grandeur for the future?" Not necessarily. We just like setting observable goals, striving for them, and accomplishing them.

There's nothing saying that the top tier teams on the ranking list don't "have fun" or experience "improvement." And I can guarantee that showing up as #1-10 in the country probably makes things even more fun.

Further, postponing hard work and competition isn't going to get you any closer to "college" (but again, your focus, not mine). If you're not on one of these top-tier teams, there's no college worth looking at that's going to treat you seriously. And avoiding competition at this age isn't going to get you any closer to those top-tier teams. You think Hero's Green is accepting walk-ons in seventh grade from girls that don't already have a presence on an aggressive team? No shot.

If half of the girls on the top teams "don't belong there," then who does? Your kid who's playing fiddlesticks in the pool all summer? Criticizing the evaluation of teams by rank and then blindly criticizing the ability of the players on those teams is an absolute contradiction.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would venture to say that there are also a few bitter parents on this thread. Those who are accustom to being ranked among the best and who now don't show up anywhere in the rankings and "backpedal." "Come on guys, can't we just play for fun." Long Island, for instance, is typically a dominant force on these rankings. Now they have three teams in the top 29 and the fourth best team is a B team? We all have a different "big picture," and like another respondent said, the goals you have as the family of a low-ranked team can also be achieved in a highly- ranked team but with the added bonus of winning against high level competition. You think Friedman and Goettelmann aren't having fun?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's funny because when a team is not ranked it's all of a sudden " rankings are ridiculous". But as soon as a team hits the top 10 you'll see parents boasting about it and clubs posting it on their Instagram pages lol....very bitter indeed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's funny because when a team is not ranked it's all of a sudden " rankings are ridiculous". But as soon as a team hits the top 10 you'll see parents boasting about it and clubs posting it on their Instagram pages lol....very bitter indeed

My daughter is on one of those "top 10" teams and I still think it's "ridiculous" we are ranking 6th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a coach I think the rankings are fine. Along with teaching the game, it gives a team the motivation to play harder and improve by beating teams ranked better than you. You can use it in a pre game speech to amp up your team. The kids eat it up! Especially if they win. Also it improves their competitive nature and how to respond and grow as a "team". It's all fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is on one of those "top 10" teams and I still think it's "ridiculous" we are ranking 6th graders.

Oh yeah? Which one?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh yeah? Which one?

It's irrelevant who he/her daughter plays for.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard