BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 32 1 2 28 29 30 31 32
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
TG fell apart in DE. Saw the last 10 minutes of today’s game before heading out. Coaching looks to still be a BIG issue. 5 girls kept in all game while lots of talent on sidelines.Team could be a serious contender If they played more like a team.

Coaching seems to be a major issue for this team. Lots of yelling and pointing fingers at girls. I’m hearing there’s no real strategy and many unhappy girls.

The female coach is classless. We sat on the sidelines and watched the entire game. It was well officiated, calls going both ways. YJ coaches would take time to coach their players up on the sideline while the TG coach spent her time arguing every call and yelling at the officials. The better coached team obviously came out on top.

Funny, TG and YJ never played each other. No clue what you are talking about.

Good try but they never played each other. Do the YJ parents still huddle up under the tent while at the tournament to Facetime Carol Rose and complain about the coaching? Asking for a friend.

Ouch

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG fell apart in DE. Saw the last 10 minutes of today’s game before heading out. Coaching looks to still be a BIG issue. 5 girls kept in all game while lots of talent on sidelines.Team could be a serious contender If they played more like a team.

Coaching seems to be a major issue for this team. Lots of yelling and pointing fingers at girls. I’m hearing there’s no real strategy and many unhappy girls.

The female coach is classless. We sat on the sidelines and watched the entire game. It was well officiated, calls going both ways. YJ coaches would take time to coach their players up on the sideline while the TG coach spent her time arguing every call and yelling at the officials. The better coached team obviously came out on top.

Funny, TG and YJ never played each other. No clue what you are talking about.

My bad, I’m on the wrong grad year. I was talking about the U-15 semis yesterday at the Nationals in DE. YJ did out coach TG by far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG will always be chasing YJ. Strongest players on TGA already being recruited for YJ (where they will likely ride the pine). Smiths are coaching to try and retain their strongest players at all costs and to try and lure others away from YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG will always be chasing YJ. Strongest players on TGA already being recruited for YJ (where they will likely ride the pine). Smiths are coaching to try and retain their strongest players at all costs and to try and lure others away from YJ.

right because it sounds so appealing to ride the pine and watch YJA play the same 12 girls and ISO ball....please stop w/ the made up nonsense and worry about your own daughter who is likely riding the pine there while you beat your chest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Walking around the nationals this past week does anyone know about the LAX ON Elite 2027 Team? Never heard or seen them at these Tourny's before.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

right because it sounds so appealing to ride the pine and watch YJA play the same 12 girls and ISO ball....please stop w/ the made up nonsense and worry about your own daughter who is likely riding the pine there while you beat your chest

Come on. Be fair. YJ played 14 girls against hero’s at nationals.

In all honesty though, if I was a talented fast middie or low defender on Long Island I would be looking hard at YJ.

They have all the technical skill in the world but their overal lack of speed in midfield is going to cost them more and more as these girls get older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of where? Seemed organized and everyone played what else does anyone know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just checked them out, Suffolk County Port Jeff Area. Any feed back from LI parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t know much about Lax on program but 27 team is pretty good. I would consider them a B level team right now comparable to jesters pink, tg purple, etc.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Prime Time at Midatlantic? 1-3 and got rolled 12-6 by LBC.

Did they have a few kids missing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t know much about Lax on program but 27 team is pretty good. I would consider them a B level team right now comparable to jesters pink, tg purple, etc.

Never seen them play, but their coach Jessica Scott is one the best on the island. If she ever got some top talent, they would be a team to worry about.

Seems like a good situation if a bunch of unhappy backups on YJ and TG wanted to get together and join a team together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has TG Black 2027 beat anyone good this summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see a team without the best talent go on a run

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime Time got beat by Pride two weekends in a row. Pride 27 is a good team but not top tier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is no one taking about Jesters Black?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a good thing. If they keep this team together, it will continue to get better.

No one talks about them since L4TC was the only tourney where they played in the A bracket.

Not the worst thing in the world to stay under the radar.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has TG Black 2027 beat anyone good this summer?

they beat NEMS, but not surprising NEMS is not that great anymore, got beat up by FLG, but beat steps CA by 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have played some top teams close and lots of one goal losses. They are a few players away from really contending.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have played some top teams close and lots of one goal losses. They are a few players away from really contending.

I foresee some top kids moving to this team. They showed up this summer and showed the are a competitive team. Add a few kids who other clubs don’t appreciate and they will be up there. The program is very fast growing for a good reason

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I foresee some top kids moving to this team. They showed up this summer and showed the are a competitive team. Add a few kids who other clubs don’t appreciate and they will be up there. The program is very fast growing for a good reason

How’s the coaching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This team has NO daddy coach. HC has no skin in the game and the asst coach is a college player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How’s the coaching?

They have a Dad coaching which will hold them back.
He is all about his daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How’s the coaching?

I’ve dealt with Dad/Mom coaches. My advice is that if your daughter is a goal scorer and the coaches daughter is too, do not do it. They plays will be to get the coaches daughter the ball and your daughter may not be able to shine the way she could on a different team. If it is a non conflicting position like defense or goalie, you could be happy. Try to avoid conflict of interest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound like another disgruntled parent whose kid doesn’t play. I’ll take a parent coach every day of the week. I’ve never seen a non parent coach put in more time than a parent led one. The only time a parent led one goes south is when their daughter isn’t good and plays too much. As for Jesters, it clearly seems the 27’ team has vastly improved daddy coach or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How’s the coaching?

That's true. Not an official coach but at every practice and game. She also happens to be one of the best on the team. Holding them back? That's more about trying to get more talent. I've heard 40% of the team are B players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone see the story on the YJA 2027 instagram? They posted team pics by positions.

Get this

2 Goalies
7 Defenders
5 Middies
10 Attack

I know about roster inflation, but carrying 10 attackers is just insane. (especially when you know at least 5 of them are never seeing the field during any meaningful game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Part of legacy game versus ES. Played a very effective zone as best I could tell. ES offense is fantastic with a dizzying number of cutters, but this zone really frustrated them. Legacy coach (who I don’t know) obviously knows what he’s doing.

The Legacy 2027 coach is one of the best on LI (Bayport Varsity). He plays a team game and only started coaching this team over the winter. The team will only continue to get better.

This seems spot on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Part of legacy game versus ES. Played a very effective zone as best I could tell. ES offense is fantastic with a dizzying number of cutters, but this zone really frustrated them. Legacy coach (who I don’t know) obviously knows what he’s doing.

The Legacy 2027 coach is one of the best on LI (Bayport Varsity). He plays a team game and only started coaching this team over the winter. The team will only continue to get better.

This seems spot on.

Where does Legacy practice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How’s the coaching?

That's true. Not an official coach but at every practice and game. She also happens to be one of the best on the team. Holding them back? That's more about trying to get more talent. I've heard 40% of the team are B players.

Does the bench see the field?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How’s the coaching?

Daddy coach is never good and especially in this case. All he cares about is his daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This seems spot on.

Where does Legacy practice?

East Islip

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a good thing. If they keep this team together, it will continue to get better.

No one talks about them since L4TC was the only tourney where they played in the A bracket.

Not the worst thing in the world to stay under the radar.

We watched Jesters beat Aces. Very few possessions in this game. Anything can happen in these championship rounds. Games are too short. Heard TG and Heros were tied at half and Heros won 12-4. Hard to assess teams in the playoff rounds. Bigger surprise was yjb beating flg.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJB is a very good team!! Big wins this year against some of the top teams in the country. If they can pick up two or three quality players they can battle with anyone in the country!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure they can and so it makes me curious as to why they also often play so many low ranked teams at tournaments. Seems like a waste of their time? Or does it helped with their ranking? For the record, I'm not trying to stir things up here, I am genuinely curious how this all works.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure they can and so it makes me curious as to why they also often play so many low ranked teams at tournaments. Seems like a waste of their time? Or does it helped with their ranking? For the record, I'm not trying to stir things up here, I am genuinely curious how this all works.

Clubs typically give a mix of brackets. See how the girls compete against hard teams and then give them confidence against easier teams. Usually a mix, nothing to do with rankings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s just great to see 5-6 relevant team from the island that are relevant nationally! Who cares about all the bs spewed for the most part on this site. Having this much parody is a great thing for this age group!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hot take but yjb could easily be better then yj a. Watching their game against FLG proved it. They don't have the greatest players but make it work, good coaching. Their zone was very good and they worked as a team. They seem to have the things that yj a doesn't have. Next year they could definitely be top 15 if they get a few more good players and keep up with the coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hot take but yjb could easily be better then yj a. Watching their game against FLG proved it. They don't have the greatest players but make it work, good coaching. Their zone was very good and they worked as a team. They seem to have the things that yj a doesn't have. Next year they could definitely be top 15 if they get a few more good players and keep up with the coaching.

It wouldn’t be the first time YJB beat YJA, love to see that! Keeping grinding girls!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s just great to see 5-6 relevant team from the island that are relevant nationally! Who cares about all the bs spewed for the most part on this site. Having this much parody is a great thing for this age group!!

Amen! The number of LI clubs in the top 25 at this age group is great to see!!

Page 30 of 32 1 2 28 29 30 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard