BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 33 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 32 33
Re: Team 91 MD
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
He’s going to duke. Sounds like holding him back worked? Another smart move by Mark!!!!
He would have been able to go to Duke as a 22 but wouldn’t be #1 in the nation. Doesn’t take a genius to realize holding a kid back in HS will result in him moving up the rankings. Kid didn’t need it for anything beyond ego as stated.

Exactly. He'd have the same success in the classroom regardless, and the extra year of "me ball" didn't add the lax IQ that it does for some players who hold back. His position on the Duke depth chart will be the same it would have been as a 2022 commit. He was not a late bloomer in terms of height or physicality.

But the extra year DID add a ton of outstanding PR, corporate networking, and video content for his Dad's brand. So, "another smart move by Mark" indeed.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He’s going to duke. Sounds like holding him back worked? Another smart move by Mark!!!!
He would have been able to go to Duke as a 22 but wouldn’t be #1 in the nation. Doesn’t take a genius to realize holding a kid back in HS will result in him moving up the rankings. Kid didn’t need it for anything beyond ego as stated.

Exactly. He'd have the same success in the classroom regardless, and the extra year of "me ball" didn't add the lax IQ that it does for some players who hold back. His position on the Duke depth chart will be the same it would have been as a 2022 commit. He was not a late bloomer in terms of height or physicality.

But the extra year DID add a ton of outstanding PR, corporate networking, and video content for his Dad's brand. So, "another smart move by Mark" indeed.

All about the Me . Big Me, 2023 Me and the future Me . Brand and Marketing for the future , Hard to make a living off Lacrosse, The Big Me is working it at all angles, from his HOF career to the Wonder Boy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mark did not have confidence, so he worked the system as usual. I hope his kid has a 15 year pro career and makes 100 million over that period of time. Mark will make it happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mark did not have confidence, so he worked the system as usual. I hope his kid has a 15 year pro career and makes 100 million over that period of time. Mark will make it happen.

2023 Millon is a good kid and a top 1% laxer. Wish him the best

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear he has not supported "his" 2023 team all season in practices or tournaments. Understandable since he's committed. But why then has he decided to play in the NLF this week. Since when do [players get to pick and choose when and where they play? Would that be tollerated by any other player in the program? It's clearly all about him and not the team or fellow players. And some people wonder why he & dad are always taking heat.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear he has not supported "his" 2023 team all season in practices or tournaments. Understandable since he's committed. But why then has he decided to play in the NLF this week. Since when do [players get to pick and choose when and where they play? Would that be tollerated by any other player in the program? It's clearly all about him and not the team or fellow players. And some people wonder why he & dad are always taking heat.

Everyone knows the drill with 91. It is the the directors wonder boys first and foremost and whatever it takes to put them there. After that, he does try to do what he can for the rest of the actual paying customers .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL I don't think anyone with an IQ above 70 wonders why he and dad are always taking heat. Engineered success.

Kid's appearance at games and events (post-commitment to Duke) is pretty strongly driven by what the PR / video content payoff is going to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both LI 91 teams in the Championship bracket. 91 South is a #2. 91MD in the 3’s lost game tomorrow. I guess Wonder Boy either wasn’t enough or was hung-over today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 team lost first game in a long long time,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Jealousy and envy here is bizzare.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the word you're looking for is "mockery."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is the FOGO still hurt?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

their coach is - but they are the best team in the area. about time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are a great team. No question about it. They beat my sons team twice. You can see why though they don’t compete in world series. They are just older than everyone else. That’s why they are 75 and 1. On age they are still fantastic. Just not 75 and 1 fantastic. It’s not even debatable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are a great team. No question about it. They beat my sons team twice. You can see why though they don’t compete in world series. They are just older than everyone else. That’s why they are 75 and 1. On age they are still fantastic. Just not 75 and 1 fantastic. It’s not even debatable.

Wait. What? Are they the only team with holdbacks/reclassed players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait. What? Are they the only team with holdbacks/reclassed players?

Yes, it's been verified. They are the only team with holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are the only team, of all the great teams that could’t play in WS last July because the entire team is too old. All the other teams leave the 4,5 too old kids home. That’s the difference. They are a great team. They would most likely still be dominate on age or like the other teams a few holdbacks. The point being made was they haven’t lost a game in a really, really long time. The reason being that’s the case is they are men playing against boys. They don’t win 70 games in a row if that’s not the case. Period. It’s ok to agree. Now it’s time to enjoy summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are the only team, of all the great teams that could’t play in WS last July because the entire team is too old. All the other teams leave the 4,5 too old kids home. That’s the difference. They are a great team. They would most likely still be dominate on age or like the other teams a few holdbacks. The point being made was they haven’t lost a game in a really, really long time. The reason being that’s the case is they are men playing against boys. They don’t win 70 games in a row if that’s not the case. Period. It’s ok to agree. Now it’s time to enjoy summer.

False. Zero holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your boy lost to them. Twice. I can see why you would think its unfair. Now go back to worrying about when your next government handout is coming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your boy lost to them. Twice. I can see why you would think its unfair. Now go back to worrying about when your next government handout is coming.

For sure they have won due to high percentage of holdback. I thought they would suffer their 1st loss this summer. It almost came in DE tourney, got the job done @ NLF!! They will have more defeats in sophomore/junior summer. Mark's monopoly will end. He will blame refs, yell at players, etc... Solid team. Not sure it is the best place for your son if he is not in the top 13-14 players. Being on the "practice squad" will only get you so far. Kids need game experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For sure they have won due to high percentage of holdback. I thought they would suffer their 1st loss this summer. It almost came in DE tourney, got the job done @ NLF!! They will have more defeats in sophomore/junior summer. Mark's monopoly will end. He will blame refs, yell at players, etc... Solid team. Not sure it is the best place for your son if he is not in the top 13-14 players. Being on the "practice squad" will only get you so far. Kids need game experience.

Your 5th grade grammar skills are superb.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to see ‘25 91 play ‘26 Crabs with Mark and Ryan coaching please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree Mark

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If its true and 91 is like 75-1 over the past few summers... who cares? EVERY team in America would want such problems. Amazing record, if accurate!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the question is…is it better to be the best player on a mediocre AA team or a mediocre player on a strong AA team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone knows the drill with 91. It is the the directors wonder boys first and foremost and whatever it takes to put them there. After that, he does try to do what he can for the rest of the actual paying customers .

I wonder is he stuck around to play the lost’s bracket games on Sunday. Probably had “other commitments”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wonder is he stuck around to play the lost’s bracket games on Sunday. Probably had “other commitments”[/quote]

He did not even stick around for the 2nd game on Saturday. I am an LI Express parent and it was funny listening to the 91 parents complaining about the #1 player in the country. He sure didn’t look even top 50 against us

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering having my son try out for the 2030 team. Any insight into that team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering having my son try out for the 2030 team. Any insight into that team?
It's been a topic of discussion around here for years. 91, Crabs etc. all get their bells rung at this age.
Most of the "top" club teams aren't "top" until about 7th-8th grade.
Before then the Local Clubs generally do real well. Find one of the good ones like Blue Claws, Hereford, or HoCo until 7th grade, and save yourself

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays on the team and we only have 4 holdbacks on the team - your info isn’t accurate unfortunately. It’s cool we could really care less - honestly we would rather play older kids only makes our kids better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they played in AAA and were overmatched. If they say they are playing top division again it will probably be miserable. If the play AA they'd be fine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays on the team and we only have 4 holdbacks on the team - your info isn’t accurate unfortunately. It’s cool we could really care less - honestly we would rather play older kids only makes our kids better.

What you only have 4 holdbacks? That’s a lot. And you wish you could play older kids. You have older kids that held back. So they would be playing the correct age if you played up. You make no sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wonder is he stuck around to play the lost’s bracket games on Sunday. Probably had “other commitments”

He did not even stick around for the 2nd game on Saturday. I am an LI Express parent and it was funny listening to the 91 parents complaining about the #1 player in the country. He sure didn’t look even top 50 against us[/quote]

I'm not a fan of the kid (moreso his dad's promoting of the kid) It's all planned. So I'm not surprised he showed once and wasn't there for an LI Express game. How else do you keep up the elite, diva, persona?

I got a chuckle last fall when he played in the NHSLS and was getting razzed from a bunch of middle schoolers. He still peacocked around after getting blanked in the game.

His game may not translate into college (or he may not last long with Danowski) But as a holdback, the kid has had another year to improve and has shown he can play at a pretty good level in HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They develop some winners at the youth level where MM isn't involved at all. AS coaches too many teams to do well........

2028 - (4-2-1) in AAA Division
2029 - (0-7) in HOCO (Highest Division)
2030 - (0-7) in HOCO (Highest Division)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's been a topic of discussion around here for years. 91, Crabs etc. all get their bells rung at this age.
Before then the Local Clubs generally do real well. Find one of the good ones like Blue Claws, Hereford, or HoCo until 7th grade, and save yourself

Crabs feed a lot of kids to BL? FCA feeds a lot to CH? Which high school (s) does 91 feed?
Do any of these clubs post rosters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs feed a lot of kids to BL? FCA feeds a lot to CH? Which high school (s) does 91 feed?

For the non MM-coached squads, the entire roster basically turns over after 8th grade (after kids have already selected schools) so it's hard to say how/if 91 truly "feeds" kids to any schools. If you pick 20 Team 91 kids randomly, they probably attend 15 different schools. MIAA-A, MIAA-C, public, the whole range of schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly, as others have mentioned, at that age level you would be well served with a local club rec program. Kelly post, LTLC, and some of the others that have been mentioned are all strong. There may be a parent coaches but many of them played at a high-level/D1, there’s ample field time for the kids and a good developmental focus at a reasonable price point. I would give it a few more years before looking to move to a big club and by then you may have a better picture of what your high school situation will look like and what your child’s long-term goals are. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As to rosters - as recently as a few years ago, most clubs posted team rosters on their web sites. That all has pretty much stopped. Pretty sure it was because other coaches/teams were using the info to recruit kids from other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they played in AAA and were overmatched. If they say they are playing top division again it will probably be miserable. If the play AA they'd be fine

That’s what I saw as well. Just curious at the age what makes one team “overmatched” especially for an established “top” club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s what I saw as well. Just curious at the age what makes one team “overmatched” especially for an established “top” club.

The the young age (pre 6th grade), the only parents willing to pay for clubs are parents who want to get in a club early to "lock in" a spot for future years. both of those reasons aren't for performance.

And they generally arent the best athletes or lacrosse players. But the clubs will still take thier money as it helps to keep the lights on and buy nice things for their other teams.

As others said, save your money by keeping your kid on one of the good, local clubs- Kelly Post, Blue Claws or Hereford until 6th grade. There are a ton of great coaches in those programs.

And to be honest, some of those teams have some very good 7th-8th grade teams who all decided to stick together and play AAAA and AAA ball through middle school.

Like Reply Quote
Page 23 of 33 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 32 33
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard