BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 59 of 112 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any predictions for mid-atlantic.

Here are mine.

Group winners (and playoff qualifiers)

Blue: Renegades
Grey: M&D Black, Pride
Green: Rebels
Pink: YJ A, Aces
Purple: Alliance CA
Yellow: Eagle Stix Grey, Rev

Semis: YJ A over Pride, Aces over M&D
Final: Aces over YJA

Watch out for Alliance CA in the quarters thought. They will give Aces of YJ a heck of a game and wouldn't be shocked if they pulled the upset. They are a top team and have no business being in such a weak division.

You can pull every kid in Southern California together and form a team (which is what Alliance is) and they ain't sniffing Aces, M&D or YJA

M&D beats Aces in final. I predict this only because they play each other every tournament....sometimes more than once. 2 best teams. Good luck to everyone.

đź’Ż

In ten years, it’ll be different

Probably right. Cali, Colorado, Florida, maybe even Texas. Lacrosse is starting to grow and more girls are playing.

You think anything is designed to “grow the game”, far from it. You have elite teams coaches calling parents to poach their kids , soley to weaken competition, that’s a reality.

On the boy's side, why do you think Calvert Hall carries 140 kids in their lacrosse program?
Just so they can't go to the competition.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the new kids from NEMS going to M&D likely starters? Biggest issue for NEMS is not always having a full roster do to other sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are people so concerned about the "3 girls" from NEMS?!?!?! I don't get all these interest. Can someone explain it to me?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are people so concerned about the "3 girls" from NEMS?!?!?! I don't get all these interest. Can someone explain it to me?
Probably because NEMS was the team that regularly played M&D closest outside of Heros. And they have some very good players who would be starters and high contributors anywhere. It wouldn't be swapping out bottom-half players. That's a good pickup for M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trying to figure out who the third girl is. Definitely know the 2 star middies. Can't remember another M&D level star on the team though.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the stars we are talking about? Names? Numbers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the stars we are talking about? Names? Numbers?

Dozens and dozens of quality players switch teams EVERY year. Yet people act like it's breaking news when it happens after tryouts. It is part of the process. It is not going to change. Everyone needs to calm down and let the dust settle. Once rosters are finalized, then everyone can enjoy their summer and early fall before lacrosse kicks back in. As Aaron Rodgers once said.....R.E.L.A.X.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Number 21 and number 9

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Number 21 and number 9

Both are studs, not sure how much they play at M&D but I’m sure they’ll compete

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably because NEMS was the team that regularly played M&D closest outside of Heros. And they have some very good players who would be starters and high contributors anywhere. It wouldn't be swapping out bottom-half players. That's a good pickup for M&D.

BLC: hold my beer

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top 5 BLC girls tried out for Stars

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top 5 BLC girls tried out for Stars

Whos rankings are you going by?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Robbing A - clubs to put their players on bench of M&D Heros isn’t growing the game,

NGLL not going to be strong but who cares right? All about big boys
Robbing A - clubs to put their players on bench of M&D Heros isn’t growing the game,

[quote=Anonymous]Robbing A - clubs to put their players on bench of M&D Heros isn’t growing the game,

NGLL not going to be strong but who cares right? All about big boys[/quote

Or maybe they aren’t poached, the coach didn’t contact us, but as a parent a couple of years ago we wanted our daughter to be in the best situation to improve and grow as a player. I guess you want my daughter to go to a team out there that isn’t competitive, and be a star in order to grow the game? I would rather have my daughter surrounded with great players that will push her in practice and have great coaching. That is what we looked at as a family. Right now that best option for my daughter is with M&D. Hero's also presented a viable option, but at the time we liked the successful high school track record of the M&D coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the top 5 BLC kids are going to Stars, that is a huge shift in the NGLL, interesting to see if that is reality.

I guess Stars then onto Capital.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Number 21 and number 9
Number 21 and number 9

Stop identifying minors in this website. Back if the cage should remove this asap

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the top 5 BLC kids are going to Stars, that is a huge shift in the NGLL, interesting to see if that is reality.

I guess Stars then onto Capital.

Pride girls tried out for stars as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Number 21 and number 9

Stopping identifying girls. These posts with girls team names and numbers should be removed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Number 21 and number 9

Stopping identifying girls. These posts with girls team names and numbers should be removed

100%

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Number 21 and number 9

100%

Don’t go near the 2026 girls thread then. Some despicable folks in there. And they keep repeating insults when they don’t get a rise out of anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last day for summer tournaments!

Girls and parents to get a well deserved break.

Best advice I ever got about sports parenting:
1. The car ride to / from is very stressful for the player, don’t make it worse
2. Be realistic who your kid is and is not athletically. If you and your spouse weren’t all world, chances are your kid isn’t
3. Don’t want it more than your kid your job is to support them mentally and pay for $hit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine with a nice win over Prime Time. PT didn't have a good day, rolled by LBC too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are mine.

Watch out for Alliance CA in the quarters thought. They will give Aces of YJ a heck of a game and wouldn't be shocked if they pulled the upset. They are a top team and have no business being in such a weak division.

You can pull every kid in Southern California together and form a team (which is what Alliance is) and they ain't sniffing Aces, M&D or YJA

M&D beats Aces in final. I predict this only because they play each other every tournament....sometimes more than once. 2 best teams. Good luck to everyone.

Hmmmm. Guess someone here knows what they are taking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How long were the Mid Atlantic Playoff games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last day for summer tournaments!

Girls and parents to get a well deserved break.

Best advice I ever got about sports parenting:
1. The car ride to / from is very stressful for the player, don’t make it worse
2. Be realistic who your kid is and is not athletically. If you and your spouse weren’t all world, chances are your kid isn’t
3. Don’t want it more than your kid your job is to support them mentally and pay for $hit

Love the intent of this post. Parents need to remember to let kids be kids and that the kids goals may not be their goals for the kid.

As a former coach, though, I can tell you that almost without exception, the happiest, most well-adjusted and best players in the long-term were almost always those whose parents never played any sport at a high level.

I can name dozens of examples where kids whose parents played college lacrosse were the best player on their club team in 4th-6th grade and the slowly started getting passed by more motivated teammates and eventually left the club, left the sport or were demoted to the B or C teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two 12 minute halves

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are mine.

Guess you missed a team in the Grey division

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two 12 minute halves

M&D put up 13 goals (vs Cavs) in a 24 min playoff game? Maybe they should have conserved their energy and slowed the game down, might have scored more than 1 goal in the next one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two 12 minute halves

M&D put up 13 goals (vs Cavs) in a 24 min playoff game? Maybe they should have conserved their energy and slowed the game down, might have scored more than 1 goal in the next one.

Or know what you are talking about. They played reserves against a weak team that is not at the same level and against yj the goalies made a handful or more really good saves in a 2-1 loss vs an equally strong team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two 12 minute halves

If a team gets tired from 24 minutes then there's a problem.

More likely it's a tough close game. They lost by one. YJ wasn't exactly lighting the scoreboard either. Nothing wrong with a good defensive close game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two 12 minute halves

Or know what you are talking about. They played reserves against a weak team that is not at the same level and against yj the goalies made a handful or more really good saves in a 2-1 loss vs an equally strong team.

Zero reason to score 13 goals in a 24 min game, but I guess they wanted to give the kids who are being replaced by NEMS players a chance .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two 12 minute halves

Zero reason to score 13 goals in a 24 min game, but I guess they wanted to give the kids who are being replaced by NEMS players a chance .

Bitter much?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two 12 minute halves

If a team gets tired from 24 minutes then there's a problem.

More likely it's a tough close game. They lost by one. YJ wasn't exactly lighting the scoreboard either. Nothing wrong with a good defensive close game.

It was the sixth game of the weekend...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two 12 minute halves

Zero reason for them to care about what you think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are most tryouts over and rosters set? I noticed TLC may have tryouts this week and Coppermine is having another tryout tonight? There are a lot of rumors of movement so it will be interesting to see once the dust settles. Hoping any girls that lost their current spot on teams find a good new home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are most tryouts over and rosters set? I noticed TLC may have tryouts this week and Coppermine is having another tryout tonight? There are a lot of rumors of movement so it will be interesting to see once the dust settles. Hoping any girls that lost their current spot on teams find a good new home.

NEMS tryouts start this week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEMS coppermine still having tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D not posting rosters this year? Seems they added some talent, which means they must have dropped some talent, wonder where those kids go to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D not posting rosters this year? Seems they added some talent, which means they must have dropped some talent, wonder where those kids go to?

Not aware anymore has posted rosters yet

And I assume everyone thinks they got better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEMS coppermine still having tryouts.
Coppermine had a supplemental tryout