BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 73 of 73 1 2 71 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So to change the tone of the conversation, does anyone else feel like it's a war of attrition now with prospects and showcase camps that are left in the season? I've heard some good advice about not going to the camps if your daughter isn't 100% but the FOMO is real. Anyone else feeling this way? Honestly, I feel bad for these girls. It's a lot of lacrosse in a short amount of time. When is there time to heal and rest?

My daughter recently went to an ID camp and the coaches basically told all the players that most of the showcase events are a waste of time and money. College coaches are starting to push back on them, as they don't even want to go. They said that highest value events are ID camps at colleges that you are interested in. That's where coaches have time to learn everyone's name and get a feel for how the girls are as players AND as people. They also said that everyone is playing too much lacrosse as high school sophomores/juniors and the damage to the bodies is evident by the 3rd and 4th year of college ball. They said that they know that many players are hearing the opposite message from club directors.

Of course they are. “ But send in the 350$ to come to our ID camp.”
It’s all a money game

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best part of the weekend was witnessing the comradery among the STEPS coaches and CT Grizzlies coaches. What a phenomenal championship game to witness! Only wish was that it would have been a full contest. It’s obvious there is mutual respect among both organizations. That’s how the lacrosse community should be! Not this vitriol on this platform.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to change the tone of the conversation, does anyone else feel like it's a war of attrition now with prospects and showcase camps that are left in the season? I've heard some good advice about not going to the camps if your daughter isn't 100% but the FOMO is real. Anyone else feeling this way? Honestly, I feel bad for these girls. It's a lot of lacrosse in a short amount of time. When is there time to heal and rest?

My daughter recently went to an ID camp and the coaches basically told all the players that most of the showcase events are a waste of time and money. College coaches are starting to push back on them, as they don't even want to go. They said that highest value events are ID camps at colleges that you are interested in. That's where coaches have time to learn everyone's name and get a feel for how the girls are as players AND as people. They also said that everyone is playing too much lacrosse as high school sophomores/juniors and the damage to the bodies is evident by the 3rd and 4th year of college ball. They said that they know that many players are hearing the opposite message from club directors.

100% agree with this and tell our girls every week. The crazy parents keep selling the fomo though and others follow.

High Point ID said the same thing to me and my daughter. While I agree, colleges also use these as money grabs. Duke and UNC had 200 kids there last year for 500.
I would say an ID or clinic where there are multiple colleges your kid likes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best part of the weekend was witnessing the comradery among the STEPS coaches and CT Grizzlies coaches. What a phenomenal championship game to witness! Only wish was that it would have been a full contest. It’s obvious there is mutual respect among both organizations. That’s how the lacrosse community should be! Not this vitriol on this platform.

I guess that’s what it looks like if Grizzlies win. When LL loses she storms off the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like Ramos, Spallina, and Caramelli should go have dinner and talk about strategies to get rid of daddy and mommy ball in their clubs.

True dat!!!
Find a non-dad coach
Moms are one thing but a dad in a girls sport?!?!?
Awful!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess that’s what it looks like if Grizzlies win. When LL loses she storms off the field.

Agree !!! not always so mutually respectful !!! If grizzlies lose, it’s a different story! For sure

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s a good laugh! Grizzly coach only gentile when she wins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, Do you see what happens when Grizzlies do not win? LMAO. .., mutual respect ? Haha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sorry, did someone say the jesters black are on a rise?
Lost to a # 16 - OK. Good!
Beat up on a #142
Lost to a #62
I'm sorry but most just don't see the rise. They've got a ton of new players from all over the place but I hear that the girls don't mix well.
They'll get there someday but not any day soon.

They should be on the rise as they picked up some very good talent. Unfortunately, I think it’s a daddy ball situation that still plagues that 24 team? It’s a shame, I think they could be very good. They have a dad coaching?

At this point why would you allow this to happen? Not healthy.
I feel bad for everyone involved.

Strong female coach and then a dad coach. Dad coach has had the team for years, female coach new this year. The team is much better than last year issue is just that no one can overpower dad and he tells the kids crazy things that even those who have never played know are a big no no. Girls all get along. They adore the new coach. We are getting a lot of recruiting help and are in great tournaments. Majority of the girls and families are very happy. The tactic of bad mouthing the program is the same tactic so many use to try and discredit others. They forget they’re talking about children, and frankly coaches kid is decent. She isn’t a bad player at all.

Good luck girls
So frustrating

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Your only considered a “D” team in your well established club. No one else thinks the team is a D team. Enjoy all the benefits and exposure that YJ provides.

Exactly my point! Would love to see others play us who are talked about on here as an A team while other clubs have two weak teams and claim one is A. I bet our D team would beat said A team from my other post.

YL OSullivan vs Jesters
Who would win?
Similar rankings after this weekend

Ramos and Jesters would be a good Long Island match up. Both teams played very simplistic summer and fall schedules. If you look at the game scores from each team when they play the same teams scores are almost identical. The two against one another would come down to who made fewer small mistakes and how the other team capitalized off of those mistakes. Would be fun to watch for sure.

Another fun one would be top guns black and liberty. That would be a head to head too.

Some others I’d want to see
Top guns purple vs. 91 orange
Legacy vs YJ Weiner
Kildare YJ vs Ramos YJ
Jesters pink vs. 91 navy

Anyone else notice any time 91 is brought up a slew of attacks on every other club comes along? Can’t be a coincidence.

91 brought up, YJ teams attacked

91 brought up, TG attacked

91 brought up, Jesters attacked

91 brought up, Liberty attacked

91 coaches either need to get off the forum or tell their players families to stop patrolling the internet.

As a non long Islander, it is a bad look for the club to constantly come on here and belittle other people. I remember a few months ago the coaches wife came on and posted and signed her name.

It’s too much energy you’re putting in accusing everyone , bad mouthing other teams, and defending your team on a forum that any sane reader knows is hearsay.

Relax and stop embarrassing your club and your kids

Jesters beat O Sullivan and Kildare this past fall I believe. I agree with other poster that Ramos I Sullivan would be a good game.

Yes they did. Believe by more than a few goals each. Better matchup would be Ramos Vs Jesters Black

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Page 73 of 73 1 2 71 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard