BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,075
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 72 of 73 1 2 70 71 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was looking through tourney machine to figure out what bracket my daughters team is in for mid Atlantic.91 has orange (A team) and navy (b team), but it seems our b team is in a higher bracket than A? We are playing teams ranked in the 90s and our A team is playing teams ranked 150-200. My question is who picks the brackets for these events? Is it our director, our coaches, or the tournament. Just confused how both our teams are in really weak brackets but that our b team is in a more competitive bracket than our A team.

Second: will coaches come to see us play teams ranked 188? Has any other parents team experienced getting placed in a very weak bracket this summer? We’re there coaches?

I didn’t realize how mismatched it was or I wouldn’t be driving 5 hours to beat teams by 20.

Coaches may come for kids that emailed but likely won’t stay long for blowouts. Good luck!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your director requests level of play. Ask for top bracket always. They always will accommodate that request

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was looking through tourney machine to figure out what bracket my daughters team is in for mid Atlantic.91 has orange (A team) and navy (b team), but it seems our b team is in a higher bracket than A? We are playing teams ranked in the 90s and our A team is playing teams ranked 150-200. My question is who picks the brackets for these events? Is it our director, our coaches, or the tournament. Just confused how both our teams are in really weak brackets but that our b team is in a more competitive bracket than our A team.

Second: will coaches come to see us play teams ranked 188? Has any other parents team experienced getting placed in a very weak bracket this summer? We’re there coaches?

I didn’t realize how mismatched it was or I wouldn’t be driving 5 hours to beat teams by 20.

YJ O Sullivan team plays better teams than 91. I'd like to see our girls battle it out and see if we are still a "d" team when we beat this alleged "A" team that plays teams ranked 181 and only wins by a few goals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your only considered a “D” team in your well established club. No one else thinks the team is a D team. Enjoy all the benefits and exposure that YJ provides.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your only considered a “D” team in your well established club. No one else thinks the team is a D team. Enjoy all the benefits and exposure that YJ provides.

They certainly aren’t an A team !

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ O Sullivan team plays better teams than 91. I'd like to see our girls battle it out and see if we are still a "d" team when we beat this alleged "A" team that plays teams ranked 181 and only wins by a few goals.

Hmmm I wonder who has an axe to grind with 91? Seems personal and not such a mystery.
Hopefully you can get over what they did to you and move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Weiner tied STEPS California today. STEPS California looked solid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm I wonder who has an axe to grind with 91? Seems personal and not such a mystery.

People always assume distaste for 91 is personal. Go look at other age groups threads and notice the same discussions are happening and have been happening for many many years.

Is it personal when other teams are spoken about? YJ gets smack talked all the time. A few weeks ago the “mighty Weiner has fallen” comments were made.

Also be aware this site is filled with people completely uninvolved who love to stir the pot. I wouldn’t take it so seriously.

If you’re worried about your reputation actually scrimmage that team and then the score should settle it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ W did not look so solid. They did not look like they were playing to win? Do they realize this is not showcase and there are playoffs? Or, do they want another embarrassment like L4C ? Too many cooks in the kitchen on the sidelines for coaching. All have different recipes. Messing that team up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ W did not look so solid. They did not look like they were playing to win? Do they realize this is not showcase and there are playoffs? Or, do they want another embarrassment like L4C ? Too many cooks in the kitchen on the sidelines for coaching. All have different recipes. Messing that team up.

Don’t worry guys… someone will post that someone has an ac to grind with Weiner too.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wiener has the most talent by far. If the two parent coaches would have stepped away and let someone else coach this team they would have been so much better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People always assume distaste for 91 is personal. Go look at other age groups threads and notice the same discussions are happening and have been happening for many many years.

Is it personal when other teams are spoken about? YJ gets smack talked all the time. A few weeks ago the “mighty Weiner has fallen” comments were made.

Also be aware this site is filled with people completely uninvolved who love to stir the pot. I wouldn’t take it so seriously.

If you’re worried about your reputation actually scrimmage that team and then the score should settle it.

Mom coach vs Dad coach
Should be epic!!

Mom coach has the better team IMO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly my point! Would love to see others play us who are talked about on here as an A team while other clubs have two weak teams and claim one is A. I bet our D team would beat said A team from my other post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly my point! Would love to see others play us who are talked about on here as an A team while other clubs have two weak teams and claim one is A. I bet our D team would beat said A team from my other post.

YL OSullivan vs Jesters
Who would win?
Similar rankings after this weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wiener has the most talent by far. If the two parent coaches would have stepped away and let someone else coach this team they would have been so much better.

Best talent where ? Maybe at YJ program. Obviously 3-4 that have more talent and better results. Showcase or not. They have 2-3 high level prospects and then some solid ones. Not enough athletes on the whole field. Attack is slow and looks to shoot every time they touch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YL OSullivan vs Jesters
Who would win?

Scrimmaged this fall and beat them by a few! Coaches seemed like friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mom coach vs Dad coach
Should be epic!!

Mom coach vs Dad coach
Should be epic!!

Mom team lost to a team ranked 120 and 150 ….

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else notice any time 91 is brought up a slew of attacks on every other club comes along? Can’t be a coincidence.

91 brought up, YJ teams attacked

91 brought up, TG attacked

91 brought up, Jesters attacked

91 brought up, Liberty attacked

91 coaches either need to get off the forum or tell their players families to stop patrolling the internet.

As a non long Islander, it is a bad look for the club to constantly come on here and belittle other people. I remember a few months ago the coaches wife came on and posted and signed her name.

It’s too much energy you’re putting in accusing everyone , bad mouthing other teams, and defending your team on a forum that any sane reader knows is hearsay.

Relax and stop embarrassing your club and your kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mom coach vs Dad coach
Should be epic!!

Votes on dad coach. YJ always has the one up come on now!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YL OSullivan vs Jesters
Who would win?

Ramos and Jesters would be a good Long Island match up. Both teams played very simplistic summer and fall schedules. If you look at the game scores from each team when they play the same teams scores are almost identical. The two against one another would come down to who made fewer small mistakes and how the other team capitalized off of those mistakes. Would be fun to watch for sure.

Another fun one would be top guns black and liberty. That would be a head to head too.

Some others I’d want to see
Top guns purple vs. 91 orange
Legacy vs YJ Weiner
Kildare YJ vs Ramos YJ
Jesters pink vs. 91 navy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best talent where ? Maybe at YJ program. Obviously 3-4 that have more talent and better results. Showcase or not. They have 2-3 high level prospects and then some solid ones. Not enough athletes on the whole field. Attack is slow and looks to shoot every time they touch.

Please tell me you aren’t seriously bad mouthing the best Long Island team? Every is coocoo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YL OSullivan vs Jesters
Who would win?

Ramos and Jesters would be a good Long Island match up. Both teams played very simplistic summer and fall schedules. If you look at the game scores from each team when they play the same teams scores are almost identical. The two against one another would come down to who made fewer small mistakes and how the other team capitalized off of those mistakes. Would be fun to watch for sure.

Another fun one would be top guns black and liberty. That would be a head to head too.

Legacy vs YJ Weiner
Kildare YJ vs Ramos YJ
Jesters pink vs. 91 navy

YL OSullivan vs Jesters
Who would win?

Legacy vs YJ Weiner
Kildare YJ vs Ramos YJ
Jesters pink vs. 91 navy
Anyone else notice any time 91 is brought up a slew of attacks on every other club comes along? Can’t be a coincidence.

91 coaches either need to get off the forum or tell their players families to stop patrolling the internet.

As a non long Islander, it is a bad look for the club to constantly come on here and belittle other people. I remember a few months ago the coaches wife came on and posted and signed her name.

It’s too much energy you’re putting in accusing everyone , bad mouthing other teams, and defending your team on a forum that any sane reader knows is hearsay.

YL OSullivan vs Jesters
Who would win?

YJ OSullivan and Jesters
Would be a good game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Wiener has the best talent for Long Island overall. They have some of the best recruits in the country. They struggle when playing the whole bench, but that’s what showcases are about. They would beat anyone on long island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YL OSullivan vs Jesters
Who would win?

Legacy vs YJ Weiner
Kildare YJ vs Ramos YJ
Jesters pink vs. 91 navy

YL OSullivan vs Jesters
Who would win?

Legacy vs YJ Weiner
Kildare YJ vs Ramos YJ
Jesters pink vs. 91 navy

YL OSullivan vs Jesters
Who would win?

YJ OSullivan and Jesters
Would be a good game

Jesters beat O Sullivan and Kildare this past fall I believe. I agree with other poster that Ramos I Sullivan would be a good game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh please the “star” players, or player on YJ Wiener is old news. Nothing a solid defender couldn’t stop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Long Island chest pounding contest amongst you all is very fun to watch, but I’d consider looking at other grad years pages. You’ll notice the same exact messages (not my opinions just repeating what I’ve read)
- YJ is top notch but the fact that there are four teams per grade is not good for kids as they get older
- 91 is a boys program and coaches are either parents who favor kids or crazy coaches who get red cards at the games of 10 year olds
- Jesters growing quickly but a lot of daddy ball
- TG owners are terrible to children and terrible people over all. You’ll still see a lot of the attack on the owners family.
- FLG a mess over all but one solid team (maybe 27s?)
- Empire becoming a brand of the past but many empire parents will praise the program and are vocally proud dads! So even if they’re going down quick, at least they are enjoying the teams left.
- No one talks about elevate or liberty. Ghost clubs.

If you go through the others and just read, even though your kids are 24s, you’ll realize it’s the same at every age. It isn’t a few haters, it’s the reputation of the different clubs. It happens. Unfortunately hard to change opinions once formed over a few years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry Fake new alert!!

Kildare aren’t world beaters but they are much better than jesters. Jesters are struggling. Sorry but it’s true.
Need to get their house in order before they start calling out other more established teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Long Island chest pounding contest amongst you all is very fun to watch, but I’d consider looking at other grad years pages. You’ll notice the same exact messages (not my opinions just repeating what I’ve read)
- YJ is top notch but the fact that there are four teams per grade is not good for kids as they get older
- 91 is a boys program and coaches are either parents who favor kids or crazy coaches who get red cards at the games of 10 year olds
- Jesters growing quickly but a lot of daddy ball
- TG owners are terrible to children and terrible people over all. You’ll still see a lot of the attack on the owners family.
- FLG a mess over all but one solid team (maybe 27s?)
- Empire becoming a brand of the past but many empire parents will praise the program and are vocally proud dads! So even if they’re going down quick, at least they are enjoying the teams left.
- No one talks about elevate or liberty. Ghost clubs.

If you go through the others and just read, even though your kids are 24s, you’ll realize it’s the same at every age. It isn’t a few haters, it’s the reputation of the different clubs. It happens. Unfortunately hard to change opinions once formed over a few years

It’s not the same for ‘23s. TG is and always was the best. YJ, Jesters, Legacy tied for second. Then everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So whose the best 24 then if she’s old news?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry Fake new alert!!

Kildare aren’t world beaters but they are much better than jesters. Jesters are struggling. Sorry but it’s true.
Need to get their house in order before they start calling out other more established teams.

I think the difference between Kildare and other 24 teams is they played their best and not all of their kids. Kids sat the sideline while the top 11 played the majority of the game. The other teams (Weiner and Ramos especially) played every kids equal so college coaches could see them all play. Your team sat kids this weekend and made them watch for three games while other kids played full games so you could win, but these are 2024s. What did your game plan to win do for them? Give them bragging rights? Our Weiner and Ramos teams are getting torn apart on her for a not so successful summer if you look at wins to losses, but what you don’t see is the interest the kids got from coaches and the opportunities ALL our girls got. I’m not talking about other clubs, just our own because we watched what you did at Maryland cup to make those championship games. It’s disposable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry Fake new alert!!

We’re doing ok! A few rough moments as any team would have. Coach did a great job playing everyone. Even in tight games she’d put the whole group in. The thing that stuck with us was her messaging to us that scores didn’t matter your sophomore and junior year. Our sidelines were packed every game all summer. This past weekend we had three rows of coaches. At one point I counted over 30. So maybe on paper we looked like we were struggling but I’m paying for my kid to get looks not so I can brag to my friends what our scores were. The goal for us was college and the recruitinghelp she got from coach Sam and director Kilgus and the solid schedule we had leaves us with no complaints. I can understand why it looks like we’d be upset or struggling but we are happy as can be and our daughter is in a good place for September 1st. We hope yours is too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry Fake new alert!!

I think the difference between Kildare and other 24 teams is they played their best and not all of their kids. Kids sat the sideline while the top 11 played the majority of the game. The other teams (Weiner and Ramos especially) played every kids equal so college coaches could see them all play. Your team sat kids this weekend and made them watch for three games while other kids played full games so you could win, but these are 2024s. What did your game plan to win do for them? Give them bragging rights? Our Weiner and Ramos teams are getting torn apart on her for a not so successful summer if you look at wins to losses, but what you don’t see is the interest the kids got from coaches and the opportunities ALL our girls got. I’m not talking about other clubs, just our own because we watched what you did at Maryland cup to make those championship games. It’s disposable.

Spot on. What Kildare did all in the name of “winning” to the girls they sat for multiple games, is truly unacceptable. This is recruiting year for the 24s, and winning is not the main objective. Getting “your” girls exposure is what a good coach would be doing for their girls. The Other YJ teams seemed to be trying to play their whole teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh please the “star” players, or player on YJ Wiener is old news. Nothing a solid defender couldn’t stop

My daughter has played against the “star” player several times as there paths crossed during school and club ball. She is a special kid, and is very talented. My daughter is on YJ O’Sullivan and we got the chance to watch YJ Wiener play Team 180. It was such a well played game by both teams but the stars of YJ Wiener rly shined.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is writing all this? Who cares?

Sorry Fake new alert!!

Spot on. What Kildare did all in the name of “winning” to the girls they sat for multiple games, is truly unacceptable. This is recruiting year for the 24s, and winning is not the main objective. Getting “your” girls exposure is what a good coach would be doing for their girls. The Other YJ teams seemed to be trying to play their whole teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry Fake new alert!!

No wonder the team has almost no players left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter has played against the “star” player several times as there paths crossed during school and club ball. She is a special kid, and is very talented. My daughter is on YJ O’Sullivan and we got the chance to watch YJ Wiener play Team 180. It was such a well played game by both teams but the stars of YJ Wiener rly shined.

That star is also such a great kid and teammate. Works hard always, never complains. I’d agree with O’Sullivan parent. The two functional YJ teams are in fact Weiner and O’Sullivan. Say what you may about too many chefs on Weiner but they’re happy. The girls ALL have played equal this summer which you may notice has led to some changes in scores. O’Sullivan also playing all his girls and they are happy. It’s also honorable of him to have stayed with that team when his daughter was moved up.

Now Kildare and Ramos are a different story. Ramos playing girls equally, which I applaud, but those coaches seem to have given up. They are silent. Don’t give girls feedback. No longer teach. They seem worn down and over it. Kildare as you saw from other posts has lost numerous players over the year, brought new kids in with promises they’d be a star and are now the star of the bench which is horrible to do to children summer of soph year or junior year.

Come junior year opposite should happen: commits sit more, uncommitted get some extra reps, and you will see those top few teams lose more as they do this. Good clubs and coaches recognize that once you hit a particular age your reputation for wins and losses doesn’t matter. Ask any college coach they don’t care if you lost or won as long as games are competitive and they can get a read on your kids talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to change the tone of the conversation, does anyone else feel like it's a war of attrition now with prospects and showcase camps that are left in the season? I've heard some good advice about not going to the camps if your daughter isn't 100% but the FOMO is real. Anyone else feeling this way? Honestly, I feel bad for these girls. It's a lot of lacrosse in a short amount of time. When is there time to heal and rest?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to change the tone of the conversation, does anyone else feel like it's a war of attrition now with prospects and showcase camps that are left in the season? I've heard some good advice about not going to the camps if your daughter isn't 100% but the FOMO is real. Anyone else feeling this way? Honestly, I feel bad for these girls. It's a lot of lacrosse in a short amount of time. When is there time to heal and rest?

My daughter recently went to an ID camp and the coaches basically told all the players that most of the showcase events are a waste of time and money. College coaches are starting to push back on them, as they don't even want to go. They said that highest value events are ID camps at colleges that you are interested in. That's where coaches have time to learn everyone's name and get a feel for how the girls are as players AND as people. They also said that everyone is playing too much lacrosse as high school sophomores/juniors and the damage to the bodies is evident by the 3rd and 4th year of college ball. They said that they know that many players are hearing the opposite message from club directors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mom coach vs Dad coach
Should be epic!!

Mom team lost to a team ranked 120 and 150 ….[/quote]

If 91 lost to 120 and 150 they are losing to sullivan

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter recently went to an ID camp and the coaches basically told all the players that most of the showcase events are a waste of time and money. College coaches are starting to push back on them, as they don't even want to go. They said that highest value events are ID camps at colleges that you are interested in. That's where coaches have time to learn everyone's name and get a feel for how the girls are as players AND as people. They also said that everyone is playing too much lacrosse as high school sophomores/juniors and the damage to the bodies is evident by the 3rd and 4th year of college ball. They said that they know that many players are hearing the opposite message from club directors.

100% agree with this and tell our girls every week. The crazy parents keep selling the fomo though and others follow.

Page 72 of 73 1 2 70 71 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard