BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 79 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 78 79
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Mid Atlantic Predictions for this weekend? Will be lots of good teams and some great games! Good luck to all!

I predict the Mid Atlantic is going to be far less competitive this year based on many of the best clubs playing at the Maryland Cup. Having one venue with multiple children makes so much sense rather than the 7 different venues that Mid Atlantic has to offer. It makes it easier on college coaches as well. Good luck to all teams in both tournaments.

It's a lot easier to be at one venue when you have 1/3 the number of teams participating.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to agree, Carroll County or Howard County produce more girls talent than any other county in the state

Facts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mid Atlantic Predictions for this weekend? Will be lots of good teams and some great games! Good luck to all!

My predictions by pool (playoff qualifiers)

Pink: Eagle Stix, M&D
Green: Alliance CA
Orange: LBC
Purple: Hero's, Aces
Blue: Renegades

Semis: Hero's over M&D, Eagle Stix over Aces
Finals: Eagle Stix over Heros

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Mid Atlantic Predictions for this weekend? Will be lots of good teams and some great games! Good luck to all!

I predict the Mid Atlantic is going to be far less competitive this year based on many of the best clubs playing at the Maryland Cup. Having one venue with multiple children makes so much sense rather than the 7 different venues that Mid Atlantic has to offer. It makes it easier on college coaches as well. Good luck to all teams in both tournaments.

College coaches care about the 28s? At mid Atlantic the college coaches can see the 24 class at one venue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your colors for the top 2 are reversed.

Pink: Aces, Crush
Green: Orange Crush
Orange: YJ South
Purple: Eagle Stix, Coppermine

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to agree, Carroll County or Howard County produce more girls talent than any other county in the state

Facts

The point is not Anne Arundel County, its Annapolis area. Anne Arundel County Pasadena North and South of Edgewater is not lacrosse areas.

8 mile radius from Severna Park at the north, Davidsonville to the south, Arnold to the East, Crofton to the West.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your colors for the top 2 are reversed.

Pink: Aces, Crush
Green: Orange Crush
Orange: YJ South
Purple: Eagle Stix, Coppermine

Alliance CA will beat orange crush, but at least 10. What's interesting in that group, though, is that Urban Elite will likely go undefeated as well. So the playoff spot will likely come down to GA.

Will be interesting to see if either team goes to a slowdown early as a result.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time will tell, but MDU 2022 was a top-10 team. They are a top-15 national club in the last US Lacrosse club rankings (not by grad year, overall).
They do all the major tournaments and have a great history of recruiting, outside of say Hero's M&D and Skywalkers, I don't think you can put another MD club ahead of them.
Being that M&D and Hero's constantly attempt to poach the players they develop year after year should speak to how they develop talent.

Likely more related to Annapolis area being the most talent laden area for lacrosse in the nation, it makes sense.

Rich people always want to think they are the best. Great players have come out of Naptown, but “most talent laden area for lacrosse in the national” just screams MOST PRIVILEGED lacrosse players in the nation.

There’s absolutely nothing to back that statement, ESPECIALLY on the girls side of the game.

5 miles in any direction of Annapolis, most talent rich area in the nation. Disagree? Name another area.

Nothing to back up that statement? 14 state championships between Broadneck, South River, SP in 20 years since 2001.

Fun debate, what other place would you put in front of the Annapolis area?

Baltimore area / Towson and surrounding area. St Paul’s, McD’s, NDP and all of the other private schools. Now I understand the girls come from all over but majority are pretty close. Honestly the entire State, Long Island and quite a few other areas are all really talented.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, no one left MDU or Crush? We have only heard of an FCA girl on Coppermine. Is this really the only movement? The rest of the teams will remain primarily the same? Seems off from all the potential movement talk a few weeks back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time will tell, but MDU 2022 was a top-10 team. They are a top-15 national club in the last US Lacrosse club rankings (not by grad year, overall).
They do all the major tournaments and have a great history of recruiting, outside of say Hero's M&D and Skywalkers, I don't think you can put another MD club ahead of them.
Being that M&D and Hero's constantly attempt to poach the players they develop year after year should speak to how they develop talent.

Likely more related to Annapolis area being the most talent laden area for lacrosse in the nation, it makes sense.

Rich people always want to think they are the best. Great players have come out of Naptown, but “most talent laden area for lacrosse in the national” just screams MOST PRIVILEGED lacrosse players in the nation.

There’s absolutely nothing to back that statement, ESPECIALLY on the girls side of the game.

5 miles in any direction of Annapolis, most talent rich area in the nation. Disagree? Name another area.

Nothing to back up that statement? 14 state championships between Broadneck, South River, SP in 20 years since 2001.

Baltimore area / Towson and surrounding area. St Paul’s, McD’s, NDP and all of the other private schools. Now I understand the girls come from all over but majority are pretty close. Honestly the entire State, Long Island and quite a few other areas are all really talented.

Suffolk county is the most talented area for girls lacrosse by a mile.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol @ state championships for Broadneck, South River and SP since 2001 - not one of those teams could beat the top 5 in the IAAM in their championship years.

Baltimore & Long Island are more talent rich

Sir or Maa'm, The IAAM is a private school league where kids from all over a region can attend, that comparison does not make any logical sense.

As for the "Baltimore" & Long Island argument, Long Island is nearly 100 miles long. Baltimore is a city of 600K, so I am not sure you are talking about a part of the city or including anything around the city in your statement.

I think how you can now realize the lack of logic in your reply.

I'd make the argument Ellicott City and that area would give Annapolis a run.

Yes, I'm aware that the IAAM is a private school league where kids from all over the region can attend. When was the last time an Annapolis area team (Severn, STM, Spalding) was competitive in the IAAM? Maybe Spalding a little this year?

The top player on McDonough (according to Inside Lacrosse who ranks her as #1 in the nation) lives 8 miles from Annapolis. You are missing the logic, McDonough beating St Mary's does not prove your point. How many kids on McDonough are from Owings Mills area?

Ok 2022 “top player on McDonogh” Coach Dad that has had to control all aspects of this kid’s game and PR her entire life! She is definitely NOT the #1 player in the nation BY FAR. She didn’t play that well these past two years but will continue to receive hype thanks to dear old Dad! She will be exposed next year at Maryland!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is 1.5 million people in Suffolk County NY.

I’m referring to a small 8 mile radius in AACo.

Some of you are really struggling with this concept.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol @ state championships for Broadneck, South River and SP since 2001 - not one of those teams could beat the top 5 in the IAAM in their championship years.

Sir or Maa'm, The IAAM is a private school league where kids from all over a region can attend, that comparison does not make any logical sense.

As for the "Baltimore" & Long Island argument, Long Island is nearly 100 miles long. Baltimore is a city of 600K, so I am not sure you are talking about a part of the city or including anything around the city in your statement.

Yes, I'm aware that the IAAM is a private school league where kids from all over the region can attend. When was the last time an Annapolis area team (Severn, STM, Spalding) was competitive in the IAAM? Maybe Spalding a little this year?

The top player on McDonough (according to Inside Lacrosse who ranks her as #1 in the nation) lives 8 miles from Annapolis. You are missing the logic, McDonough beating St Mary's does not prove your point. How many kids on McDonough are from Owings Mills area?

Ok 2022 “top player on McDonogh” Coach Dad that has had to control all aspects of this kid’s game and PR her entire life! She is definitely NOT the #1 player in the nation BY FAR. She didn’t play that well these past two years but will continue to receive hype thanks to dear old Dad! She will be exposed next year at Maryland!

You sound a bit unhinged.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, no one left MDU or Crush? We have only heard of an FCA girl on Coppermine. Is this really the only movement? The rest of the teams will remain primarily the same? Seems off from all the potential movement talk a few weeks back.

Everything is arranged well in advance of tryouts. They are pointless except to fill up B teams, get rid of some problems and get everyone agitated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everything is arranged well in advance of tryouts. They are pointless except to fill up B teams, get rid of some problems and get everyone agitated.

I'm sure this occurs in some aspect for a few players and more so with "targets" attending practices or guesting in games prior to tryouts etc. However I don't think this is the case for most. Our DD just switched teams and no "arranged" deal was in place prior to tryouts. Went through the process and it all worked out. Just our experience but as we learned, you want to be seen as much as possible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound a bit unhinged.

Totally unhinged. It’s the same troll who constantly bashes that family, McD, and M&D 2026.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is 1.5 million people in Suffolk County NY.

I’m referring to a small 8 mile radius in AACo.

Some of you are really struggling with this concept.

I’m sure an 8 mile radius around mt Sinai , NY would yield just just as much talent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Im not debating the validity of tryouts. I am saying there was supposedely going to be a decent amount of movement and pick ups. Tryouts or not, there still was no movement other than the FCA girl that was referenced a few threads back?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to get near the field to be exposed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t sleep on Kent County! Talent pool is deep! Big investor funneling money into new club. TBD!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Im not debating the validity of tryouts. I am saying there was supposedely going to be a decent amount of movement and pick ups. Tryouts or not, there still was no movement other than the FCA girl that was referenced a few threads back?

There's more movement than what's posted on here. All will find out soon enough....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all have been drinking too much of the Kool-Aid. Queen Anne’s county has the best players in girls lacrosse. Go home and sleep it off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you name multiple Tewaaraton winners from your county? If not, you're not in the conversation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's more movement than what's posted on here. All will find out soon enough....

Why so secretive? Tryouts are over? Who is benefiting from this movement?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you name multiple Tewaaraton winners from your county? If not, you're not in the conversation.

Howard Countt probably has the best pool

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some good matchups today at Mid Atlantic, hopefully the rain holds out! Aces with a big win yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The success of two players does not invalidate the steady flow of good D1 players year after year.

One really has nothing to do with other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wait till Monday. A good amount of movement, but nowhere near what some people expected. Most of the top teams taking 3-5 new players, not the 7-10 that some folks expected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After what happened to the M&D 2026 team last year. This year they are waiting to tell players their status.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Mid Atlantic Predictions for this weekend? Will be lots of good teams and some great games! Good luck to all!

College coaches care about the 28s? At mid Atlantic the college coaches can see the 24 class at one venue.

Can’t wait for parents to realize college coaches don’t give a F about girls until going into 10th grade and it really picks up the following summer (going into 11th)

All the middle school showcases are a joke and money grab

Most coaches think parents are clowns

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that girl stays with Coppermine that team is going to be very tough to beat when they are fully healthy and that’s not counting anyone that gets added during tryouts

They would be a very good team and yes, hard to beat. However, slow down on handing out trophies. The others will be bringing in some top players as well, including some surprises
This^ I know a team that already secured a “surprise talent”. An impact player stuck on a very bad team that may debut during the Mid Atlantic!

It's mid Atlantic weekend? Where is the big surprise debut?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After what happened to the M&D 2026 team last year. This year they are waiting to tell players their status.

Girls were absolutely told their status after tryouts. Red currently trying to fill the team with girls that did not tryout and were cut from other Lower A/B teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can’t wait for parents to realize college coaches don’t give a F about girls until going into 10th grade and it really picks up the following summer (going into 11th)

All the middle school showcases are a joke and money grab

Most coaches think parents are clowns

I agree with 98% of this. If an underage girl really impress at camp, the coach will write her name down and maybe ask her to register on their propect website. However, all it means that is this kid will get on their radar -- nowhere close to an offer

I do think it makes sense to do a showcase or two as an 8th grader -- just to understand how they work, but it should be more for development than exposure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some good matchups today at Mid Atlantic, hopefully the rain holds out! Aces with a big win yesterday.

Looks like the best was saved for last, M&D, Skywalkers, Aces and Eagle Stix. Eagle Stix on top over Aces. Big weekends for M&D and Skywalkers (Skywalkers looks strong!). Some surprising results in the top 2 brackets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ace's Elite parents are the worst parents of all the teams I've every watched. Not a big fan of the coaches either, always cheating with substitutions, offsides, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great weekend of lacrosse once again in the Maryland area. Congrats to Eagle Stix on winning and to all the out of state teams making the trip. Watched a good bit of the games while waiting for our next ones to start. I am really not sure why there is so much animonsity and resentment towards other teams. Most of the parents of these players played lacrosse at this age and we all should be enjoying watching the game we all grew up playing and loving. There are talented girls on every team, and dedicated coaches committing their time and energy to the growth of our daughters. Do they get caught up in the games sometimes, sure…but so do most of us! To say these parents are the worst, I dislike that coach…come on. The season is long as you may have only seen a team once or twice that you played this weekend…and you are throwing judgement at a team / club while watching a small subset of their season.
The girls are young and I did not see any college scouts at Franklin HS this weekend. Congrats to those that won and great job to those that played their best and came up short.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ace's Elite parents are the worst parents of all the teams I've every watched. Not a big fan of the coaches either, always cheating with substitutions, offsides, etc.
We played against Ace’s Elite 2028 team and I thought the parents were not any different than parents of other teams we played. I do think there is entirely too much “coaching” by parent spectators. I am all for cheering and encouragement, but shouting instructions to one’s child can only distract the child and may be in conflict with the instructions from the team’s actual coaches. This observation applies to the parents of every team we played and in no way is directed solely to Ace’s Elite parents. In fact Ace’s Elite parents weren’t as guilty as most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great weekend of lacrosse once again in the Maryland area. Congrats to Eagle Stix on winning and to all the out of state teams making the trip. Watched a good bit of the games while waiting for our next ones to start. I am really not sure why there is so much animonsity and resentment towards other teams. Most of the parents of these players played lacrosse at this age and we all should be enjoying watching the game we all grew up playing and loving. There are talented girls on every team, and dedicated coaches committing their time and energy to the growth of our daughters. Do they get caught up in the games sometimes, sure…but so do most of us! To say these parents are the worst, I dislike that coach…come on. The season is long as you may have only seen a team once or twice that you played this weekend…and you are throwing judgement at a team / club while watching a small subset of their season.
The girls are young and I did not see any college scouts at Franklin HS this weekend. Congrats to those that won and great job to those that played their best and came up short.
Great comment!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also agree with this. I'm sure there are always a few select bad ones and bad behavior but for the most part it's pretty calm and normal. Some good games this weekend for sure. Its great seeing Aces and Eagle Stix continue to travel and come to the big tourneys, they provide a great level of competition. Congrats to Eagle Stix on the Win!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also agree with this. I'm sure there are always a few select bad ones and bad behavior but for the most part it's pretty calm and normal. Some good games this weekend for sure. Its great seeing Aces and Eagle Stix continue to travel and come to the big tourneys, they provide a great level of competition. Congrats to Eagle Stix on the Win!

It was a very good weekend of Lacrosse. Thankfully it wasn't a wash out! Congrats to all the teams that participated and to the Eagle Stix for winning the championship. I was able to meet parents from different teams from different state (Georgia, Colorado, California, etc.) and all of them were positive and overall very nice people. Pretty much happy to be there to compete to find out how they stacked up. The only complaint we heard was the fields were not the best. Looking forward to the fall and another competitive season. Its good the game is growing.

Like Reply Quote
Page 19 of 79 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard