BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 29 1 2 27 28 29
Re: Boys 2025-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So looking forward to posts about tryouts. “Talent was incredible” “Huge numbers” “definitely two A teams will be formed” “lotsa other club helmets there” did I miss any?

Usually at this age there are no tryouts. email the organization and theyll invite you to a practice
Every team has a tryout. It's called a tryout fee even though typically there are no spots on team at this grade. Notice I didn't say age, won't touch that one.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First year with rebels B team and we loved all that came with it. Tons of trainings, workouts, etc. The coaches are high energy, passionate, care about the kids. From my understanding made great strides from a year ago. Few pieces to add for sure, but happy with what they have going on.
That's cool. Maybe don't bring some A team kids to B tournaments.

No need, they are in the bottom division at Lake George this weekend. Stand by for insta highlights.[/quote]

Too funny, that’s exactly what they do.. can go 0-5 and they put on highlights of the 2 goals thru score lol. What a joke of a program[/quote]

Yes. Terrible of them to promote their players and give the kids a little something to like.[/quote]

Well we found the Rebels daddies, I bet you celebrate you kids D's on his report card because hey at least he answered a few questions right... everyone gets a trophy. It's inherently dishonest by making it appear the team is better than it is, then parents join and are like with. Showing a kid get 1 goal in a game you lost 10-1 is absurd. The difference between other teams is they actually win. And I have news for you, the top teams 91 and Express don't need social media marketing because when you win that's all the advertising the program needs.[/quote]

Are you an actual adult? Are you really comparing kiddie lacrosse games? Must be a pretty hollow life you lead there slick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the story with Express new player, team mom and social media guy? Did the circus pack up and move the same tired show to a new club?

Great kid and family. Nice try. Go back to enjoying yours shiney red helmet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is going into 10th grade and still has to tryout for a team then you should just stay wherever you are. The better players are getting invites back or getting contacted by other programs, not chasing spots.

So I disagree a bit (respectfully). You should all see what kind playing time your son got this summer and use that as a gauge. No need to be a practice player or garbage time minutes player in 10th grade. You should use these last two years be on a team where your son is playing the most minutes. If that means a 2nd tier team, then yes, your son is at that level. So don’t go to D1 prospect days and get on the right team, with the right exposure, combined with a club that has a great network.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the story with Express new player, team mom and social media guy? Did the circus pack up and move the same tired show to a new club?

Thanks Momma

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Momma

Mama goose, mama rebel or mama CoachC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody said they are bad people. Just pointed out a pattern of behavior that has been repeated several times. They use people and move on. At the end of the day none of it will matter because you prove yourself on the field not on instagram.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a sad sad story this is. Feel bad for kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody said anything bad. Just pointed out a pattern of behavior that been repeated multiple times. It doesn’t matter because at the end of the day you prove yourself on the field not instagram.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Hornets? Over their heads at NLF. Team has slid a bit this year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s what happens when you only play half the kids on the team. They’re worn out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s what happens when you only play half the kids on the team. They’re worn out

On a B team? That’s sad… play everyone, doesn’t have ti be equal but if you can’t get everyone in a game , c’mon…you were still 0-3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone that is worried about being on B team..look at 2023 91 and Express, two fantastic teams and well coached. Trust the process!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting no try outs for 91 for this grade. So no cuts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which "B" teams are worth trying out for at this point? I heard 91 Hornets a mess, Tru Blue the same... Turtles? Who is the best "B" team out there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going into Sophomore year now. The answer is none. Let him play in high school. Maybe train on the side. Go to a few local showcases. Save a few grand as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent who commented earlier in this thread, just stating that we are happy with our organization, who is a B team. I would echo again and give praise to the Rebels Red Hawks, which is considered a "B" team. That team specifically has delivered on everything we have asked for from trainings, workouts, clinics, practices, etc. In addition, the coaches coach, they are extremely positive and they have a contagious energy about them, the kids are all bought in. My son has found a niche position with the team, he has accepted the role, has really done well with it and now is looking to develop further on other areas in his game. This was sought out and helped by the coaches. In short, I would take a look at what they are all about, if you are in the market for a new team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely! You have to dance with the ones that brung you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which "B" teams are worth trying out for at this point? I heard 91 Hornets a mess, Tru Blue the same... Turtles? Who is the best "B" team out there?

rankings for 2nd tier teams based on the summer. Express had the best summer by far.

Express
ECE
Epic Jokers
FLG
Rebels
Turtles
S2S
Icon
Empire
Checkmate
True Blue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of the additional B programs are worth the expense, especially since the cost is equal to their A teams. How does that even make sense? Almost all of the B teams have to supplement tournaments with A players. Coaching is typically subpar and the commitment is lacking. You need to be on the A team or playing for an organization that has only one team at this grade. Otherwise find another option or program. I have no problem with teams playing at a B level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of the additional B programs are worth the expense, especially since the cost is equal to their A teams. How does that even make sense? Almost all of the B teams have to supplement tournaments with A players. Coaching is typically subpar and the commitment is lacking. You need to be on the A team or playing for an organization that has only one team at this grade. Otherwise find another option or program. I have no problem with teams playing at a B level.

Depends, for some 2nd teams yes used A players and that stinks for the team.. However, for some B teams are decent. And Some A teams that are really B teams have good situations and some do not.. Point is do you’re own research and figure it. These clubs will all sell college recruiting and talk about commitments, all good exactly what you want, but exactly how many of their 2023s are committed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Momma

Mama goose, mama rebel or mama CoachC?
You forgot about mama friar. Four teams same blueprint.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Mama Friar" OMG Remember tho: Kids read these posts so lets try not to be "That guy" Lets stick to ripping teams, not individuals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Mama Friar" OMG Remember tho: Kids read these posts so lets try not to be "That guy" Lets stick to ripping teams, not individuals.

Agreed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed.
No sympathy for anyone who brings it on themselves and I doubt many kids read this. Just change the behavior and it all goes away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed.
No sympathy for anyone who brings it on themselves and I doubt many kids read this. Just change the behavior and it all goes away.

They appear to have made a great choice by attending St Anthonys and now playing for Express. I mean honestly, what’s the issue. Play for the Rebels or play for the Express is that really a debate??? It’s not…for 10 years clubs have tried be on the level of Express and 91 and all have come up short. Igloo and S2S had some decent teams at certain ages, but in totality. It’s 91 and Express and everyone else imho.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Drove past the wading river park today on way home from work and some team must have had tryouts today because there were a ton of cars and hundreds of kids playing lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed.

They appear to have made a great choice by attending St Anthonys and now playing for Express. I mean honestly, what’s the issue. Play for the Rebels or play for the Express is that really a debate??? It’s not…for 10 years clubs have tried be on the level of Express and 91 and all have come up short. Igloo and S2S had some decent teams at certain ages, but in totality. It’s 91 and Express and everyone else imho.
I’m certain no one from their school district or former club teams were sad to see either of them leave.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone that is worried about being on B team..look at 2023 91 and Express, two fantastic teams and well coached. Trust the process!
These are perfect examples of parents who stick together and continue to build continuity as a team. The problem is that so many dads have huge egos and are constantly moving their kid from team to team trying to get on the best team out there, only for his son to ride the bench. If your kid bounces from team to team each year, you are the problem. Get on a team that will put you against the best possible competition. It’s that simple. The 2023 B teams play in great tourneys against AA clubs regularly. A kid who plays quality minutes in those tourneys will get seen more than a bench warmer on an A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those are 2 teams out of 100s of teams. This isn’t the norm. What about all the B teams that have 7 kids that attend practice? What about all the B teams where the coach and organization just don’t care that much? Substitute coaches for tournaments because coach didn’t attend. What about the B teams when kids can’t catch and throw? What about the B teams when kids show up at tryouts with football helmets, because they don’t know the difference and they make the team. Is it good to stick around for situations like this. What’s the process with this? I’ve seen this many times over the years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2025 "B" is another fine example. That team went off this year and improved each time we saw them. There is no secret sauce: Get your kid on a team where there are no politics, egos or nutty parents (thats almost impossible). The rest will take care of itself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed.

Please stop singling out one kid. I do agree that 91 & Express have continued to be the standard for elite talent. Maybe because of their ties to the private schools but they always attract the better players. Other clubs have been hit or miss at certain times but you can't argue with 91 and Express success. They've expanded well and promoted their brand on a national scale. This is all at the A team level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2025 "B" is another fine example. That team went off this year and improved each time we saw them. There is no secret sauce: Get your kid on a team where there are no politics, egos or nutty parents (thats almost impossible). The rest will take care of itself.

Yup, they are solid for a 2nd team. Turtles and 91 appeared have taken a step back. Turtles will blame injuries and 91 isn’t holding tryouts.?! I guess easy to just cut from the current roster. Rebels are solid, but doubt they can help on the recruiting as much as Express can.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those are 2 teams out of 100s of teams. This isn’t the norm. What about all the B teams that have 7 kids that attend practice? What about all the B teams where the coach and organization just don’t care that much? Substitute coaches for tournaments because coach didn’t attend. What about the B teams when kids can’t catch and throw? What about the B teams when kids show up at tryouts with football helmets, because they don’t know the difference and they make the team. Is it good to stick around for situations like this. What’s the process with this? I’ve seen this many times over the years.

I just think you or know somebody has made a poor choice regarding club selection. So let’s actually try some facts. 91 and Express have A level 2023 2nd teams, Express has an A level 2nd team at 2024 and 2026. 91 has an A level team at 2027..etc etc. Both clubs have emerging 2nd teams at 2025 and 2029. They are perfect, but are at least consistent. Other clubs either cxld their B teams or use A players to field a 2nd team. Advice, take this, with everything else…with a grain of salt and do your own research.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jokers will be or are already part of Rebels East with E3 .

Jesters restarted in Massapequa and will draw more kids from the area than TB

If your kid is not already on a team have him train with the school teams and wait for all the teams to do there second call where they tell you what positions they are looking for and you really have a shot.

Page 29 of 29 1 2 27 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard