BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
BOTC Tryouts Grid as of Sunday, August 11th
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOYS TRYOUTS
TeamTryout DatesAge GroupsFee
Team Long Island8/16, 8/17, 8/182015-2024$75.00
LI Outlaws8/24, 8/25, 9/14, 9/152015-2024$100.00
Blaze9/72020-2023$35.00
Turf Island9/72015-2023$40.00
fl$9/7, 9/82017-2023$125.00
Team Igloo9/7, 9/8, 9/14, 9/152021-2022$100.00
Team 919/7, 9/8, 9/14, 9/152015-2024$85.00
Team Threshers9/7, 9/142018-2019$60.00
LI Revolution9/7, 10/52017-2024$25.00
JestersAll September Weekends2015-2023$75.00
True Blue9/14, 9/15, 9/21, 9/222016-2023$65.00
Legacy9/14, 9/15, 9/21, 9/222018-2024$50.00
LI Riptide9/14, 9/15, 9/21, 9/222015-2023$75.00
Havoc Dune Dawgs9/21, 9/282016-2024$70.00
Recon9/21, 9/28, 10/52015-2022$40.00
Millon Force9/28, 9/292015-2023$50.00
LI Thunder9/292015-2020$35.00

GIRLS TRYOUTS
TeamTryout DatesAge GroupsFee
Team Elevate 9/7, 9/8, 9/14, 9/152015-2023$75.00
LI Revolution 9/7, 10/52017-2024$25.00
Blaze 9/82017-2021$35.00
Turf Island 9/82015-2023$40.00
True Blue 9/14, 9/212020-2023$40.00
Legacy 9/15, 9/212022$50.00
fl$ Girls 9/222017-2023$125.00

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: BOTC Tryouts Grid as of Sunday, August 11th
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Threshers has a mistake- 2029 should be 2019. smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and great stuff- thank you for your hard work!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Team Threshers has a mistake- 2029 should be 2019. smile
Talk about getting an early start on building teams wink

Thanks for the keen eye on the chart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so your on a Travel Team from lets say 3rd Grade till Varsity and you spend approximatley $4000 a year with Tournaments, Fall/Winter League & Hotels/Food, which is a low cost. After all is said and done your kids still doesn't get a Fantasy Parshall Scholarship but you already could have paid for his college yourself. Does this make sense to anybody, all these teams need to bring there prices down. This is turning into a big business not for the kids.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
holy cow fl$ 125 dollars. How do you justify that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Awesome job thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so your on a Travel Team from lets say 3rd Grade till Varsity and you spend approximatley $4000 a year with Tournaments, Fall/Winter League & Hotels/Food, which is a low cost. After all is said and done your kids still doesn't get a Fantasy Parshall Scholarship but you already could have paid for his college yourself. Does this make sense to anybody, all these teams need to bring there prices down. This is turning into a big business not for the kids.

I am not doing this so my sons or daughter can go to college. They enjoy the sport, they need more than PAL can offer them at this point and they have been excelling- which is a bonus. If they happen to get some sort of scholarship because they do well enough when they are entering college years- then that is even better. I allow them to play travel lacrosse because it keeps them focused, hard working, off the streets and off the video games. They learn to organize their schedules to fit in their practices, school work and social lives. They learn to make commitments and sacrifices. They meet friends outside of their town and they grow from the whole experience. As parents we enjoy travel lacrosse, hockey and soccer. We have made so many friends over the years through these sports and we enjoy traveling as a family and with our friends. I will miss the years when we do not have week ends home or away to cheer our kids on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely agree. We enjoy watching our kids play and enjoy the trips as a family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They limit the number of kids who can tryout, where most other organization are unlimited.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Awesome job thank you
Thank you all very much for the positive feedback on both this grid and the launch of the Boys Fall 2013/Summer 2014 threads with the age-group specific tryouts listed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They limit the number of kids who can tryout, where most other organization are unlimited.

What a comical justification, as if there will be will be too many for the younger grades that they will have to turn people away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please think about stressing education more than lacrosse. A "partial" scholarship may be more attainable if they can spell partial, unlike you. Wow!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ does not limit tryout numbers. They are the greediest (other than LI Expre$$) organization. $125 is $125 to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With some tryouts on the same days, is it a big no no to miss the 1st tryout ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ does not limit tryout numbers. They are the greediest (other than LI Expre$$) organization. $125 is $125 to them.

Just to be clear about the fl$ tryout fee: it includes a 1-year subscription to Inside Lacrosse Magazine; from what I can tell, this is roughly a $35 value (using a 36% discount that the magazine lists as being available for 1-year subscriptions). That puts fl$'s net tryout fee at around $90: a little higher than 91 and a little lower than Express.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Just to be clear about the fl$ tryout fee: it includes a 1-year subscription to Inside Lacrosse Magazine; from what I can tell, this is roughly a $35 value (using a 36% discount that the magazine lists as being available for 1-year subscriptions). That puts fl$'s net tryout fee at around $90: a little higher than 91 and a little lower than Express.
How does one opt-out of the magazine subscription? If you cannot, doing your breakdown does not imply any value-add for our readers. Think about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

How does one opt-out of the magazine subscription? If you cannot, doing your breakdown does not imply any value-add for our readers. Think about it.

Cage, I agree with your point that there is no opt-out. However, there is still value. You are getting a magazine for a year (that most boys will want to subscirbe to anyhow). It's no different than when you sign up for a 5k race and the cost of signing up includes a tee shirt. Just bevcause I may not want the tee shirt, doesn't mean that the sign up fee didn't include value for the tee shirt.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Cage, I agree with your point that there is no opt-out. However, there is still value. You are getting a magazine for a year (that most boys will want to subscirbe to anyhow). It's no different than when you sign up for a 5k race and the cost of signing up includes a tee shirt. Just bevcause I may not want the tee shirt, doesn't mean that the sign up fee didn't include value for the tee shirt.
Sorry, let's be clearer about our point.

The original poster attempted to extract the magazine value from the $125.00 application fee in order to state that the actual "tryout" price favorably compared to other clubs.

Our point was that the magazine subscription could have been valued at $0.01 or $124.99. Therefore, is the "real cost" of the tryout cost itself priced at $124.99 or $0.01?

Might be a silly point, but the real cost of the tryout is $125.00. Comparing components like the value of a magazine subscription seems significantly less important than looking at training time, practices, tournaments, and other value items associated with the full program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The original poster attempted to extract the magazine value from the $125.00 application fee in order to state that the actual "tryout" price favorably compared to other clubs.

Our point was that the magazine subscription could have been valued at $0.01 or $124.99. Therefore, is the "real cost" of the tryout cost itself priced at $124.99 or $0.01?

Might be a silly point, but the real cost of the tryout is $125.00. Comparing components like the value of a magazine subscription seems significantly less important than looking at training time, practices, tournaments, and other value items associated with the full program.

I'm going to buy a pair of cleats and a lacrosse stick. The cleats cost $35 and the lacrosse stick costs $90. In total, I will spend $125.

Instead of cleats substitute Inside Lacrosse subsciption and instead of lacrosse stick substitute net tryout fee.

If I am comparing the prce of lacrosse sticks, I deduct the price of the cleats from the $125. Why shouldn;t I do the same with the fee (assuming I plan on paying for a subsciption anyhow)?

The point I will agree with you on is that fl$ is forcing people to purchase the lacrosse subsciption. However, most of the boys want the subsciption and will purchase it one way or another.

As far as the value of the subsciption is concerned, $35 seems to be the going rate. The market generally sets the value of products and that seems to be the case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm going to buy a pair of cleats and a lacrosse stick. The cleats cost $35 and the lacrosse stick costs $90. In total, I will spend $125.

Instead of cleats substitute Inside Lacrosse subsciption and instead of lacrosse stick substitute net tryout fee.

If I am comparing the prce of lacrosse sticks, I deduct the price of the cleats from the $125. Why shouldn;t I do the same with the fee (assuming I plan on paying for a subsciption anyhow)?

The point I will agree with you on is that fl$ is forcing people to purchase the lacrosse subsciption. However, most of the boys want the subsciption and will purchase it one way or another.

As far as the value of the subsciption is concerned, $35 seems to be the going rate. The market generally sets the value of products and that seems to be the case.

The point you agreed with is the main point - you don't have a choice. If that's the going rate for the subscription, not a volume discount, then why not make it $90 and let people decide if they want the magazine? Why should the club handle it?

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard