BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 46 47
Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2013 through Summer 2014 thread covering the Boys 2018 (8th Grade) age group.

In order to introduce this year's thread, we are categorizing this age group's tryouts by date.

8/25, Outlaws, 11:00am

9/7, Team Threshers, 1:00pm
9/7, fl$, 2:00pm
9/7, Turf Island, 5:00pm
9/7, Revolution, 6:00pm

9/8, fl$, 2:00pm
9/8, Team 91, 3:00pm

9/14, Team Threshers, 11:00am
9/14, True Blue, 11:00am

9/15, Outlaws, 8:00am
9/15, Legacy, 10:45am
9/15, Team 91, 12:00pm
9/15, True Blue, 2:00pm

9/21, Legacy, 10:45am
9/21, Jesters, 8:30pm

9/22, Jesters, 8:30pm

9/29, Thunder, 9:00am
9/29, Recon, 8:00pm

10/5, Revolution, 3:00pm

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not sure what teams my son will tryout for or where he will end up but I do know that every game his team wins will because they were better and wanted it more and the few games they lose will be when they play up or the other team has older kids, my sons team will all be age appropriate for their grade, wish other teams could say the same. No problem with the scheduling of the tourney's we will win but the ones we lose will be ridiculous to have us play so many games in a row yet have such long breaks in between games (oh, and our best players aren't going to be at the games we lose) - my son's teams parents are supportive while the other teams parents are obnoxious (but to the unbiased observer they all seem to be the same)and I promise CageSage that I will complain about every other organizations cost structure and value while never mentioning who I play for or what I play. I will continue to post anonymously, be cause I can and I can't wait for the summer to start.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that's funny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still nothing on Express?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why have a tryout for any of the A teams? I would like to see an invite process for the open spots. That is basically what happens anyway. The core group is the same kids after playing together for a few seasons so just invite to fill the spot.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Storm did that one year, tryout for 2 defenseman, 3 middies and 1 attack - great idea from one of the classiest organization out there, problem is that the team did not get better because the weaker kids stayed while the better kids moved on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The A teams at 91 and Express would mostly be picking from the same kids not so for the B and C teams. Problem is they are now rising 9th graders for summer 2014,not a great time to try and find a spot for a player on the top teams.Also helps for recruiting and camp invites to have a repoire with coaches over time,not easy to jump on an existing team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to rumor that 91 coach Sal is hanging it up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

no truth...unless he wins Powerball....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard a rumor that he is switching spots with the B team coach and Sal will be taking over the White team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard a rumor that he is switching spots with the B team coach and Sal will be taking over the White team.

It's possible...I know SL's son is going to be playing on white this year....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard that he was leaving also...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard SL was leaving for personal reasons and the B teach coach was going to coach the A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only people who really care if he is coming back or not are the parents of the fringe players who have kept their spot because they are buddies with SL. So let the helmet buying and the lawn cutting begin. You know who you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only people who really care if he is coming back or not are the parents of the fringe players who have kept their spot because they are buddies with SL. So let the helmet buying and the lawn cutting begin. You know who you are.

Hey now!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny....Brilliant...and true.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A little venomous. Every team has them. It is just a part of club lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, guess your son was on the B team? I guess you will feel differently with him as your coach now - if true? or will you just type behind his back? And you played where? and coached where? Right, thought so....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope son is not on the B team. Wont be my sons Coach. Played Varsity in 10, 11, 12 grade at a perennial Nassau County power house. If you read the post again it was aimed at the parents of the fringe players who have the most to lose. Not SL. I never Coached. Hope I answered all of your questions. If you need help with the definition of perennial let me know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I answered your questions now answer the same ones about yourself. Now go cut the lawn

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I answered your questions now answer the same ones about yourself. Now go cut the lawn

Actually, grass is a perennial.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somebody let the idiot out from under the rock again?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somebody let the idiot out from under the rock again?

Would that be igneous, metamorphic or sedimentary?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just reading through this and couldn't help but chime in. My son plays 2018 Express and we have great games with 91. Parents on both sides nothing but first class during the games.
Then there's the idiot that writes such garbage. What a loser that guy is. Love how he remains anonymous and claims his son played varsity in 10-12 grades for a perennial powerhouse.
CHALLENGE
Take a look in the mirror my friend and look at the fool in the reflection. Just hope your son doesn't end up as pathetic as you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just reading through this and couldn't help but chime in. My son plays 2018 Express and we have great games with 91. Parents on both sides nothing but first class during the games.
Then there's the idiot that writes such garbage. What a loser that guy is. Love how he remains anonymous and claims his son played varsity in 10-12 grades for a perennial powerhouse.
CHALLENGE
Take a look in the mirror my friend and look at the fool in the reflection. Just hope your son doesn't end up as pathetic as you.

I believe there is a misinterpretation. the fathers experience was varsity 10-12.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2x HS AllCounty, Division I Lacrosse Scholarship, Coached Pre-K to Post-College Club - Sorry dont feel the need to bash others professions, donations or anything. If you dont coach or cannot afford what others can;maybe, if you have nothing nice to say...say nothing at all? But hey, you played HS lacrosse so at one point you were in the fraternity...respect it.... Let's chalk it up to a bad day... you are really not that mean are you??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CHALLENGE

I think if you read the first post and then his post, he is giving his own lacrosse credentials when he was asked where he played. If that is the case I am guessing Jim Brown, Three year varsity player for perennial powerhouse Manhasset. And if it is Jim Brown (I think it has to be) what is his problem with SL?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
O K Ace please go back and read the post over again. I think that anytime there is a possible coaching change parents of players that have a relationship with the current coach have a good reason to feel uneasy. I believe I referred to them as fringe players. Also it was MY lacrosse career that was questioned and not my sons. I bet you are a 91 parent who is very annoyed that I know what goes on so when your at the tryout look around and try to figure it out. FYI I am ok with mirrors and no rock just a really large nice one. Have a nice day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SL leaving would be the best thing for that team. I don't think AM ( white coach) is the answer. He's not good enough to know what to do with that much talent. He's basic.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Player Reference Removed
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW, I am SO glad I am not involved in your organization AT ALL and after reading these comments regarding your coaches (AND THEIR 12/13 YEAR OLD SONS!!) from what I assume are parents with children on the team....I never would be. You are disgraceful and pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a coward to talk about 13 yr old kids coaches kids. Jealousy will get you nowhere in life you wimp of a man.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It really is a shame that you have nothing better to do than bash 12/13 year old "KIDS". Your a moron. Both kids mentioned are good players and nice kids. Get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CHALLENGE

2018 Xtreme - Terps games have been great to watch over the past two years. I am the parent of an Xtreme player, and what goes on on the field when these two teams play is what athletics are supposed to be all about. The level of play is high, the games are intense, the kids play tough but within the rules, the coaches are doing everything they can to win the game, and parent sideline behavior is good. My son loves these games, looks forward to these games, knows a lot of the boys on the Terps team, and when they do camps and other things together, they hang out. What more as a parent could you hope for?

Then you get the anonymous posts from the guy who criticizes Xtreme coaches, kids, make excuses/spins, and puts down other parents for their professions or team involvement with just enough detail to make sure people know who he's disrepecting. You have got to be kidding me. Please stay far, far away from my son - he loves everything about this rivalry, and the further away he is from the 'go negative - get nasty' guys, the better.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thank God XX son is playing white, he would be lost on Orange. I don't think he's good enough for any color team. Again, coach's pass.

Even as an agnostic I am offended by this post, with all the parochial school connections I would think God would be more concerned with Express rosters then 91's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for the faceless critiques of players and coaches have the balls to sign your name. Maybe then we can see if you would write what you do if you had your name behind it or if there were any merit to it. Until then I will speak for my experience with AM and TC who coached 91White and my son. I can not speak more highly of two great men and coaches. My son loved playing for them and learned a lot about the game of lacrosse and being a good teammate from both of these men. Their love and passion for the game is amazing. The commitment they showed to the team and the boys as individuals was incredible. I couldnt have been happier with all the extra work and time they spent with my son. My son was lucky to have had them as coaches. I only can hope he has the opportunity to play for them again. This was my and my sons experience with Team 91. It was a great year Thanks
Alex Moschos

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way he played the game. He sounds like the typical sports dad thats trying to live through his son.
Do you really have to talk about someone's kid like that when some of the kids read this stuff.
I'm sure you are a failure in life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW, I am SO glad I am not involved in your organization AT ALL and after reading these comments regarding your coaches (AND THEIR 12/13 YEAR OLD SONS!!) from what I assume are parents with children on the team....I never would be. You are disgraceful and pathetic.

You really think this is coming from within. Really!!!! Its probably people stirring the pot from other programs. As long as no one puts a name to their post this type of stuff will always happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SL leaving would be the best thing for that team. I don't think AM ( white coach) is the answer. He's not good enough to know what to do with that much talent. He's basic.

What a disgrace. I coach for another organization and disagree with a lot of things that 91 does, and wish their directors and some of their coaches would learn what the word humility means. However, why would you attack a specific kid. You should be ashamed of yourself, but you are such D-BAG that you are probably incapable of that emotion.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I don't think this passes the BOTC posting rules - he is posting team and age and father/coaches initials really is Identifying youth players. and it is a negative post about these two boys, I hope you would consider taking it down.

Named Individuals : Identifying youth players in a negative or attacking manner by name will not be permitted. Be mindful that such posts will be removed and/or editted by the BOTC Moderators. Identification of adults in posts should be accompanied with substantiated facts and details.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really think this is coming from within. Really!!!! Its probably people stirring the pot from other programs. As long as no one puts a name to their post this type of stuff will always happen.

I would think it is the parent of a so called "fringe kid" that was cut at the expense of a politically favored player or one that sees the writing on the wall for this year. wait a second. I may be stirring the pot by saying that.

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard