BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 29 1 2 26 27 28 29
Re: Boys 2025-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
the mt. sinai coaches are taking over the empire team next year
i didn't realize empire was still around. i've been to dozens of tournaments over the last few years and i haven't seen them once?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the deal with Rebels? Heard a bunch of kids left. Also Regulators. Heard a bunch leaving.
Worry about your kid and your program and stop trying to start rumors. Both programs will be fine without you and your nonsense.
Sorry I was under the impression that this was a forum to discuss 2025 lacrosse teams. Sorry if i offended you Mr B. It must sting when your poster child ditches you for CoachC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the deal with Rebels? Heard a bunch of kids left. Also Regulators. Heard a bunch leaving.
Will they be bringing some A players to the B tournament this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Worry about your kid and your program and stop trying to start rumors. Both programs will be fine without you and your nonsense.

These are good questions with tryouts looming. Haven’t heard anything about the Regulators or Rebels. But I suspect Rebels kids will be on the move. As will be the case with most clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry I was under the impression that this was a forum to discuss 2025 lacrosse teams. Sorry if i offended you Mr B. It must sting when your poster child ditches you for CoachC.
Addition by subtraction on both ends of the field.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must mean Igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They dont have any A players so there goes that theory

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must mean Igloo
Im sure they will as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels are a joke. Regulators will be better off, addition through subtraction. Losing Massapequa kids so it's a win for the regulators

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East Coast Elite Lacrosse club is no longer under Dynamic. Dollar out of Sayville is the director with a bunch of really great coaches.

They have a philosophy of Long Island only, correct? I get that and see the benefits. But you have to travel occasionally, especially for HS. They played Express 4 times and lost in the Championship game twice. You want more variety than that.

Why do you need variety? lacrosse is lacrosse. Play the same tea, 10 times and you have a different outcome each time. Even if you lose all 10 games, so what? PARENTS and CLUB DIRECTORS are the only ones who care about wins and losses. You need to judge success based on two simple factors: Is your son better at the end of the year than he was at the beginning and did he have fun?
You make a valid point, at this age I look around at the kids' faces in between games and I wonder how many of them are actually having fun? Seems like parents, clubs, teams, peers, whatever it is has taken all the joy out of it. Probably the same goes for other sports, by high school age it seems to become more of a chore than a source of enjoyment.

There are so many quality tournament on or near LI, I like the idea of not having to drive/fly every weekend to play the same teams. Maybe one away tourney and the rest local is a great idea.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Below are the US Club lax rankings for Long Island B teams, might be of interest for those not on an A team roster and wants a tryout for a solid B team with good support and resources for recruiting.

#137 Turtles
#145 Express
#162 East Coast
#172 91 Hornets
#173 True Blue
#199 Rebels
#230 FLG
#232 Epic Jokers
#237 S2S Sharks
#239 Icon
#275 United

Who cares about rankings in HS ages?!?!?
The goal should be finding a team where your son will have a role and play quality minutes on the field.
If they have a goal of playing in college, access to showcases should be one of your deciding factors too. Nobody cares about rankings anymore

Clubs won't do the heavy lifting in recruiting for your son, although they say the will. Leverage the clubs going forward for their ability to get into good showcases
If "they have a goal of playing in college" and they play on a B team you might want to discuss realistic expectations because at least half of the kids on A teams are not good enough to play in college.

Not sure about that. If people get the A team vs B team mentality out of their heads and stop jumping teams, B teams can develop into great squads. My friends son is a 2023 and plays for 91’s B team. They all decided to stay together and I think they are ranked in the top 10 in the country and they have 8-10 D1 commits on the team. The A teams was ranked # 4. That’s a legitimate reason to stay and develop on a B team.
That is the one team out of hundreds of other B teams that don't have a single college caliber player. And I don't mean someone who gets on a college roster and stands on the sidelines for 4 years.

While I agree that that is probably the exception rather than the rule, but it does sound like staying with a club and not bouncing around looking for the bigger better club can work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East Coast Elite Lacrosse club is no longer under Dynamic. Dollar out of Sayville is the director with a bunch of really great coaches.

They have a philosophy of Long Island only, correct? I get that and see the benefits. But you have to travel occasionally, especially for HS. They played Express 4 times and lost in the Championship game twice. You want more variety than that.

Why do you need variety? lacrosse is lacrosse. Play the same tea, 10 times and you have a different outcome each time. Even if you lose all 10 games, so what? PARENTS and CLUB DIRECTORS are the only ones who care about wins and losses. You need to judge success based on two simple factors: Is your son better at the end of the year than he was at the beginning and did he have fun?
You make a valid point, at this age I look around at the kids' faces in between games and I wonder how many of them are actually having fun? Seems like parents, clubs, teams, peers, whatever it is has taken all the joy out of it. Probably the same goes for other sports, by high school age it seems to become more of a chore than a source of enjoyment.

There are so many quality tournament on or near LI, I like the idea of not having to drive/fly every weekend to play the same teams. Maybe one away tourney and the rest local is a great idea.

Yes, but bottom line is if you’re choosing a club like you’re shopping for a deal at the supermarket is a mistake in my opinion. Tryout for the best club your son can make and one where he will play meaningful minutes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels are a joke. Regulators will be better off, addition through subtraction. Losing Massapequa kids so it's a win for the regulators

Regulators is a joke, coaches created a team to showcase their average sons. Added the kids from massapequa / south shore kids that CSH dads were angry about because they were better then their kids. daddy ball at it’s finest..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles? Who makes these rankings? Exp is easily the best of this bunch. East Coast is good too. Rebels improving but a few players away.

Turtles two best players are moving on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels took over E3 and Epic Jokers and made them Rebels East . They are primarily in the uniform business

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels took over E3 and Epic Jokers and made them Rebels East . They are primarily in the uniform business

Smart move. They increased their market share. This is how 91 and some of the other big clubs got their level . It’s been happening for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must mean Igloo
After their performances this week Rebels, Igloo, Regulators and S2S should stay in the B division. But here's what will happen; they'll try to poach a few top kids off teams other teams thinking that will make a difference. Since they couldn't develop the team and players they have they will continue to stink. 91 and Express both got humbled so they'll be out poaching too. Nobody's safe lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one turtle player already moved on...and one rebel player is leaving. Both leaving for the same team with the new coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must mean Igloo
After their performances this week Rebels, Igloo, Regulators and S2S should stay in the B division. But here's what will happen; they'll try to poach a few top kids off teams other teams thinking that will make a difference. Since they couldn't develop the team and players they have they will continue to stink. 91 and Express both got humbled so they'll be out poaching too. Nobody's safe lol.

Rebels right there. Just beat Express North Black which shows they can match with the best. If they pick up a few pieces will be right there with all. They do just as good a job recruiting as anyone so wouldn't be surprised.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What program is the one with the new coaches ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What program is the one with the new coaches ?

Someone yesterday said Empire is getting the mt. sinai coaches to take over that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must mean Igloo

Rebels right there. Just beat Express North Black which shows they can match with the best. If they pick up a few pieces will be right there with all. They do just as good a job recruiting as anyone so wouldn't be surprised.

And then they get embarrassed by the Sixers team from CO. who they beat in the World Series last year. The Rebels are on a downward swing my friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s promoting. State the games you win. It’s business. Some clubs do that on every age on this site. Teams can go a weekend and actually lose 3 out of 5 games. They will post about the 2 wins. Talking about or writing about the 3 losses is bad for business. Same thing when kids make those highlight videos with the music. Every shot they take is a goal. Every pass is a great pass. Goalie videos every shot is a save. That’s the American way. Promote the good things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one turtle player already moved on...and one rebel player is leaving. Both leaving for the same team with the new coaches

Turtles in my opinion are taking a big step back. They are likely losing players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles in my opinion are taking a big step back. They are likely losing players.
There is always movement at this time of year. Why not? That's a good thing. Push to see where they fit. If it doesn't work, you took a shot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First year with rebels B team and we loved all that came with it. Tons of trainings, workouts, etc. The coaches are high energy, passionate, care about the kids. From my understanding made great strides from a year ago. Few pieces to add for sure, but happy with what they have going on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First year with rebels B team and we loved all that came with it. Tons of trainings, workouts, etc. The coaches are high energy, passionate, care about the kids. From my understanding made great strides from a year ago. Few pieces to add for sure, but happy with what they have going on.
That's cool. Maybe don't bring some A team kids to B tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles probably done at most ages. legacy iglioo s2s treading down. Rebels are exploding. Some ages are going to have 7 plus teams between li and other locations. Watch the next couple weeks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No need, they are in the bottom division at Lake George this weekend. Stand by for insta highlights.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No need, they are in the bottom division at Lake George this weekend. Stand by for insta highlights.

Too funny, that’s exactly what they do.. can go 0-5 and they put on highlights of the 2 goals thru score lol. What a joke of a program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too funny, that’s exactly what they do.. can go 0-5 and they put on highlights of the 2 goals thru score lol. What a joke of a program

Joke of a program because they promote their kids through social media ? Funny how other programs trying to copy them now….

Also a parent said they are happy. You from the outside say “they post on social media” as it’s a bad thing. There teams seem to be doing just fine without you lol!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Terrible of them to promote their players and give the kids a little something to like.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's cool. Maybe don't bring some A team kids to B tournaments.[/quote]

No need, they are in the bottom division at Lake George this weekend. Stand by for insta highlights.[/quote]

Too funny, that’s exactly what they do.. can go 0-5 and they put on highlights of the 2 goals thru score lol. What a joke of a program[/quote]

Yes. Terrible of them to promote their players and give the kids a little something to like.[/quote]

Well we found the Rebels daddies, I bet you celebrate you kids D's on his report card because hey at least he answered a few questions right... everyone gets a trophy. It's inherently dishonest by making it appear the team is better than it is, then parents join and are like with. Showing a kid get 1 goal in a game you lost 10-1 is absurd. The difference between other teams is they actually win. And I have news for you, the top teams 91 and Express don't need social media marketing because when you win that's all the advertising the program needs.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No need, they are in the bottom division at Lake George this weekend. Stand by for insta highlights.[/quote]

Too funny, that’s exactly what they do.. can go 0-5 and they put on highlights of the 2 goals thru score lol. What a joke of a program[/quote]

Joke of a program because they promote their kids through social media ? Funny how other programs trying to copy them now….

Also a parent said they are happy. You from the outside say “they post on social media” as it’s a bad thing. There teams seem to be doing just fine without you lol![/quote]

The roster is manageable, everyone plays, parents and players content, sounds awful. Maybe rethink why you keep your kid on a team with 30 other players, never seeing the field, the coach showcases only several players and you complain every weekend about meaningful minutes. Coach tells you hang in there your kid will hit puberty soon and be a fool, while he brings in other players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also a parent said they are happy. You from the outside say “they post on social media” as it’s a bad thing. There teams seem to be doing just fine without you lol![/quote]

The roster is manageable, everyone plays, parents and players content, sounds awful. Maybe rethink why you keep your kid on a team with 30 other players, never seeing the field, the coach showcases only several players and you complain every weekend about meaningful minutes. Coach tells you hang in there your kid will hit puberty soon and be a stud, while he brings in other players. Wake up $tunnad it's all about putting money in your owners pocket so the studs don't leave. Sound familiar?[/quote]

Actually no, because my kid plays and I don't pay full price. Nice try, keep up that attitude with your kid...maybe that's why he's not good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually no, because my kid plays and I don't pay full price. Nice try, keep up that attitude with your kid...maybe that's why he's not good.

Why are you so against parents being happy and content. Who cares what they do and don’t do. Why does this bother you so much. Seems like you have issues. Mental healthcare is important. I would seek some professional help if I were you. Good luck. I hope some day you find some happiness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So looking forward to posts about tryouts. “Talent was incredible” “Huge numbers” “definitely two A teams will be formed” “lotsa other club helmets there” did I miss any?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So looking forward to posts about tryouts. “Talent was incredible” “Huge numbers” “definitely two A teams will be formed” “lotsa other club helmets there” did I miss any?

Usually at this age there are no tryouts. email the organization and theyll invite you to a practice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is going into 10th grade and still has to tryout for a team then you should just stay wherever you are. The better players are getting invites back or getting contacted by other programs, not chasing spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the story with Express new player, team mom and social media guy? Did the circus pack up and move the same tired show to a new club?

Page 28 of 29 1 2 26 27 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard