BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 79 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 78 79
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
With Mid Atlantic this coming weekend I noticed Coppermine has 28 black/blue team listed. Is this a hybrid of the two teams? Just curious

Must be sending kids to a soccer tournament or a flopping clinic

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the off chance that teams don't know before tryouts who they are selecting...

How long after tryouts can you typically expect to get notified? And do you only get notified if you make it? Or do they also let you know if you didn't?

Within 48 hours, usually much sooner.

I think how and when depends. You should ask if they haven't made it clear. You may hear sooner, but some clubs who hold tryouts this week and also have a tournament this weekend may wait until next week to finalize everything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With Mid Atlantic this coming weekend I noticed Coppermine has 28 black/blue team listed. Is this a hybrid of the two teams? Just curious

Must be sending kids to a soccer tournament or a flopping clinic

Doesn't this ever get old? Maybe other teams should have more multi sport athletes so they can try to keep up with Coppermine. It's July and summer time, i'm sure all teams have families going on vacations or trips.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Camps, soccer, vacation, lots of kids have other things to do this time of year. A handful of blue team players guest play in tournaments for the black team when needed and I guess that is the case this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That makes sense.. Thanks for the info.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Camps, soccer, vacation, lots of kids have other things to do this time of year. A handful of blue team players guest play in tournaments for the black team when needed and I guess that is the case this weekend.

This. Plus changing the name will keep the result out of the clublax rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to see what full dedicated lax players from crush tryout at SW,CM or M&D after hearing crush 26 is falling apart and showing longevity isn’t there. Do families go to a place they can grow with and stay a while?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now you see why they are referred to as Coppermine**

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats a good point about ClubLax rankings. How much stock do ppl put into them? Legitimately asking...this is my oldest age year child so not sure how much these carry weight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats a good point about ClubLax rankings. How much stock do ppl put into them? Legitimately asking...this is my oldest age year child so not sure how much these carry weight.

At this age just bragging rights mostly.. I know that Coppermine Black has done a good amount of tournaments (6 I believe), so this would be their 7th. Maybe the tournament was optional for both blue and black due to being after tryouts, allowing families to have a vacation and giving the girls a break.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking at all of the teams FB pages only M&D seems to care or post about rankings. Not saying that it’s good or bad- Just an observation to address this question above.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None from what I heard

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any surprises at tryouts so far? Any movement of some top players sighted at different teams? Will MDU and Crush stay together? Does M&D or Coppermine pick up impact players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any surprises at tryouts so far? Any movement of some top players sighted at different teams? Will MDU and Crush stay together? Does M&D or Coppermine pick up impact players?

I thought there would be more girls at the M&D tryouts, especially since they are making 2 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought there would be more girls at the M&D tryouts, especially since they are making 2 teams.
Anyone know the approximate numbers at Skywalkers tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It looked like they had barely enough for 2 teams if they kept everyone there. Wonder if more show up today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It looked like they had barely enough for 2 teams if they kept everyone there. Wonder if more show up today?

They definitely had more than enough for two teams, though who can say how many would be interested in red. Will be new girls at all tryouts tonight because overlapping tryout dates forced a lot of girls to do one night of each.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They definitely had more than enough for two teams, though who can say how many would be interested in red. Will be new girls at all tryouts tonight because overlapping tryout dates forced a lot of girls to do one night of each.

There were maybe 40 total girls there, so would just be enough. Only overlap was Skywalkers of the major teams as Coppermine was at a later time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There may have been enough for more than 2 teams, but at least 5 girls won't accept a red roster spot, they will just stay at their current club if not offered black.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were maybe 40 total girls there, so would just be enough. Only overlap was Skywalkers of the major teams as Coppermine was at a later time.

This is a dense thing to argue about but I can tell you with complete certainty there will be girls splitting time at tryouts. M&Ds ended at 6 and Coppermine started at 630…Crush at 7. That’s hardly enough time to get where you’re going, get signed in, and ready to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a dense thing to argue about but I can tell you with complete certainty there will be girls splitting time at tryouts. M&Ds ended at 6 and Coppermine started at 630…Crush at 7. That’s hardly enough time to get where you’re going, get signed in, and ready to go.

Crush 26 is done. Top players at other tryouts. 28 crush will be in same situation next summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush 26 is done. Top players at other tryouts. 28 crush will be in same situation next summer.

I heard they had some decent prospects at tryouts. They can keep it together through middle school. Who knows about high school, but the 26 team isn't predictive of their future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a dense thing to argue about but I can tell you with complete certainty there will be girls splitting time at tryouts. M&Ds ended at 6 and Coppermine started at 630…Crush at 7. That’s hardly enough time to get where you’re going, get signed in, and ready to go.[/quote]

Crush 26 is done. Top players at other tryouts. 28 crush will be in same situation next summer.[/quote]

I heard they had some decent prospects at tryouts. They can keep it together through middle school. Who knows about high school, but the 26 team isn't predictive of their future.[/quote]
They had some really good talent there last night. With a great coach at he helm it will be interesting to see how this team develops throughout the 22/23 lacrosse year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree that it is a frivolous thing to dispute, but it was possible to attend another tryout after MandD if you map it out.

But on a different note, don't you think girls choose their top choice of teams for the Day 1 Tryout? So the girls coming to only day 2 of M&D aren't confident they are getting an offer from where they went on Day 1. If you are all in on a team, it is risky to skip the 1st day of tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree that it is a frivolous thing to dispute, but it was possible to attend another tryout after MandD if you map it out.

But on a different note, don't you think girls choose their top choice of teams for the Day 1 Tryout? So the girls coming to only day 2 of M&D aren't confident they are getting an offer from where they went on Day 1. If you are all in on a team, it is risky to skip the 1st day of tryouts.

Who knows what logic people use. Bottom line is they have enough for a red team if most girls don't decline for current team or whatever else. I guess only time will tell. Real question is whether the top teams got strong players to fill in their weaker/missing pieces. I include Skywalkers in that. Not sure if their summer additions are year round additions, but they've definitely gotten better. People want to nay-say but they may be only be a few good players away from really competing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rain out tonight might have put a wrinkle in a few of those plans

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think so too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some hard decisions being made today by those that were planning to go to day 2 of either Hero's, Skywalkers or Coppermine tonigjt after maybe going to M&D or Crush for 2 days. Now they are left with do they go to finish out with M&D or Crush and skip the Day 2 of the 3 others etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some hard decisions being made today by those that were planning to go to day 2 of either Hero's, Skywalkers or Coppermine tonigjt after maybe going to M&D or Crush for 2 days. Now they are left with do they go to finish out with M&D or Crush and skip the Day 2 of the 3 others etc.

Crush day 2 is Thursday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I agree that the rain did force some hands and limit some options, I think that was only for a few girls who may have had the luxury of "choosing" between clubs. Anyone who gets cut from M&D black (or only offered a spot on red), would likely not make coppermine or heros green either. Skywalkers and crush have the most room on their roster and may be willing to take a player who doesn't make M&D after 2 days of tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers is desperate and would literally take anyone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any news or standouts from any of the tryouts tonight? With almost all the top teams playing in Mid Atlantic this weekend, interested to see if any new additions make an appearance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any news or standouts from any of the tryouts tonight? With almost all the top teams playing in Mid Atlantic this weekend, interested to see if any new additions make an appearance.

M&D said they weren't letting girls know until the week of the 17th, so they probably won't have any new additions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D said they weren't letting girls know until the week of the 17th, so they probably won't have any new additions.

Probably good they are doing this so the current team can finish out the season. Looks like they don't play Eagle Stix in pool play. Should be some great competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope all the clubs wait until next week to set their rosters or this weekend is going to be super awkward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope all the clubs wait until next week to set their rosters or this weekend is going to be super awkward.

That is the downside of early tryouts for sure. The only way to solve that problem is make a universal tryout week in August.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will heros give their invites out?

Is MDU the only team left that hasn't had tryouts?

Will girls who are worried about making M&D red instead of black go to the MDU tryouts just to be safe?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, that would be the right thing to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Coppermine is getting stronger!!! Those Tucker Tune Ups!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Coppermine is getting stronger!!! Those Tucker Tune Ups!!

You mean their actual first tryout date?

Like Reply Quote
Page 17 of 79 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard