BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 72 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 71 72
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Md 9 Next Level 4! Can we be happy about that one?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Md 9 Next Level 4 Can we be happy about that win!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Md White 9 Next Level 4. Can we be happy about that win!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Sure you can be happy, but can a parent on one of the teams explain what happened? NL is the #2 team in HoCo elite and top 10 in the country, and Team Maryland (I think) was in AAA. There's gotta be a catch. Were both teams at full strength and normal rosters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both teams completely full strength I believe. Team Md treated the game like a Championship and played as well as they have ever played! Got up early and TMD gained a lot of confidence. I guess the AAA teams hit the wall too!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure you can be happy, but can a parent on one of the teams explain what happened? NL is the #2 team in HoCo elite and top 10 in the country, and Team Maryland (I think) was in AAA. There's gotta be a catch. Were both teams at full strength and normal rosters?

Does it matter? Any given weekend a team could be missing players due to illness, injury, etc. thats been life the last 2 years. What the saying...any given sunday. Kudos to team Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both teams completely full strength I believe. Team Md treated the game like a Championship and played as well as they have ever played! Got up early and TMD gained a lot of confidence. I guess the AAA teams hit the wall too!

Brad, you never miss an opportunity to market your program do you? It was the last consolation game of the day. NL had just lost to the eventual champion by 1 goal, so pretty sure NL didn't care about that game. But sure, be happy about a meaningless win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brad, you never miss an opportunity to market your program do you? It was the last consolation game of the day. NL had just lost to the eventual champion by 1 goal, so pretty sure NL didn't care about that game. But sure, be happy about a meaningless win.

Finally an explanation. Thank you. One team had something to prove, and one team mailed it in. Plus, NextLevel has only one team at 2027, which means that they have a bloated roster and lots kids who only get mop up time, so maybe NL used the consolation game to give the JV players some meaningful game time?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team MD stacks the summer team with out of town guests. Everyone knows it. Come spring they wont be there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team MD stacks the summer team with out of town guests. Everyone knows it. Come spring they wont be there.

Completely false. Had their 18 kids. 15 from Frederick Co 2 from Washington Co and 1 from Carroll Co. Not even a regional team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Meaningless to who?
Btw, I wonder how many players from both teams will be leaving for DC Express in the fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why didn't NextLevel play in NAL? They are tons better than the three DC are teams who did play, VLC, BLC, and MadLax. I thought that NAL was supposed to be for the best teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team MD 2027 all
Local kids and are good cause we keep it that way since 2nd grade! #chemistry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big things in store for those Team MD kids. Maybe one day they will lead Walkersville to a 2A playoff win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only to be boat-raced by the Hawks again .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only to be boat-raced by the Hawks again .

Hawks had no place being at that tournament. Did you see rest of competition?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was not a hawk parent . Hawks have much respect for Team Md . Probably a disgruntled TRUE parent wondering where their 3 GRAND went ???? Hint : Man bun spent it on hair products.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was not a hawk parent . Hawks have much respect for Team Md . Probably a disgruntled TRUE parent wondering where their 3 GRAND went ???? Hint : Man bun spent it on hair products.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I please explain how the process works? Coaches get together in August to schedule their Fall and Summer tournament schedule. The decisions are based on the amount of travel and hotel costs the tournament schedule will inflict on the parents and when we want to wrap up the summer (most of us care more about vacation and letting our kids enjoy summer than we do about lacrosse).

We certainly don't sit around in that meeting and think "these particular teams are going to be at the NAL or the millon tournament or the Legends." The schedule is determined in about 20 minutes. What I am saying is that we try to pick from a list of tournaments that we think works best for our schedules (and maybe someone in the room says don't do a particular tournament based on past experience).

We have no idea at the time which teams are going to be enrolled in any of the tournaments. We certainly hope that there is great competition...especially teams that could be better than us and even beat us. When we schedule our tournaments we are not looking for opportunities to win a "championship"...get the t-shirt or photo with the banner. My son was bummed that Legends wasn't one of the "big" tournaments. I was quick to tell him that there are a lot of very good teams there...3D garden state, True Annapolis, Team MD (who just beat next level), Team Illinois (who seems to bring a whole new meaning to "hold backs"). It was an excellent tournament with excellent competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no clue about how lacrosse is played. Players dodge, and then re-dodge, to try and get a shot or make the defense rotate. And there are certain players who can dodge and beat their man and score or dodge and make an assist (which is the idea of the game)...then there are certain kids who can't do either.

The Hawks have about seven or eight players that can score goals. They would not miss any one player....I am sorry your son is not one of them. It is smart of you to quit before you are cut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches/clubs generally pick tournaments based around club history with a tournament, cost, location, general level of competition and date.

The REAL wrangling comes in when programs make scheduling requests the week before the tournament to get in a favorable bracket and avoid tougher teams in pool play. It's why the schedules change so many times the week before:

"We would like to play a team that we didn't face 3x this spring already."
"Any chance we could be in a pool with some new teams from out of state?"

And more and more...

It's not a accident that the teams who have parent companies that host the tourneys usually get decent draws. And generally the big clubs have more sway with requests because they are sending many teams to the tournament (and others).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout season is upon us. Any news or shake ups going to happen with HoCo Elites or any of the AAA teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With True purchasing Koopers what is the situation? Will Koopers remain intact or will the top players be moved to True Baltimore and Koopers will dissolve?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout season is upon us. Any news or shake ups going to happen with HoCo Elites or any of the AAA teams?
Lots of Crabs helmets and hovering parents at another club‘s practice last night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of Crabs helmets and hovering parents at another club‘s practice last night.

Which?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which?

The creepy big coach ruins every club he goes to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was the players that didnt get playing time last year and didnt expect any this year or frankly to make team. To many reclass from other clubs going out for Crabs this year. Starting Elite Crab players dont lose their spot easily or at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which?

I guess he cut your son. Not all players made for elite

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which?

I guess he cut your son. Not all players made for elite

You wish!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With True purchasing Koopers what is the situation? Will Koopers remain intact or will the top players be moved to True Baltimore and Koopers will dissolve?

The merger was not met with joy by Kooper's families.

True is supposedly letting Koopers keep their coaches/brand/teams for the next few years, which is good news.

True would be well served to just let Koopers carry on as they were. Those Koopers teams will be the best of all the True MD teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Tryout season is upon us. Any news or shake ups going to happen with HoCo Elites or any of the AAA teams?

Which?

The creepy big coach ruins every club he goes to.[/quot

You mean the MadLax Dad coach??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True is supposedly letting Koopers keep their coaches/brand/teams for the next few years, which is good news.

My son plays for Koopers. This is what we were told too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True would be well served to just let Koopers carry on as they were. Those Koopers teams will be the best of all the True MD teams.

Apparently one of the True MD "directors" missed much of the spring while he was "away" leaving the team he was coaching in a precarious position. Heard that the organization did not communicate this to the families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently one of the True MD "directors" missed much of the spring while he was "away" leaving the team he was coaching in a precarious position. Heard that the organization did not communicate this to the families.

The games he did show up for, he forgot his badge and ended up getting suspended for a game too...

It was a tough spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See 91 MD is scheduled to play Nationals at NXT Cup. Considering that half of 91's roster also plays on Nationals, will be interesting to see if they change uni's at halftime or if Lou just brings in kids from other teams at the tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will be fine, holding tryouts and plenty of guest players coming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See 91 MD is scheduled to play Nationals at NXT Cup. Considering that half of 91's roster also plays on Nationals, will be interesting to see if they change uni's at halftime or if Lou just brings in kids from other teams at the tourney.
Half? You mean 2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs tryouts a-coming. Who's a keeper?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs tryouts a-coming. Who's a keeper?
The whole 1st line of attack: gone
Lots of kids who did not have enough playtime: possible gone/trying other teams
Big creepy assistant coach: gone
Head coach: gone
New Coach: in
Lots of holdbacks from 2026: in

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where could the big creepy coach end up next year? Are we close to running out of options at this point? I guess the FCA defectors did not deliver the expected results so they are all out and moving along. Wonder where the face off kids will end up? Back at 91 and FCA?

Like Reply Quote
Page 40 of 72 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard