BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 199 of 214 1 2 197 198 199 200 201 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
3 from northport.that’s comical.theres no way a team has 3 legit AA.just like wantaugh the coach must have some pull with the committee or is the committee.probably the same bums that run the section xi dinner.what a joke Suffolk girls lax has become.as much as I miss it,I don’t miss the losers running it and the shenanigans that go on.

Coaches vote for their friends and they vote for Carol or they get in trouble.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Can one of Suffolk coaches that reads this please post the list of All-Americans? We all waited long enough for this and would like to know who was honored

little patience

LD. WB
KM. NPT
EC. NPT
IG. NPT
OR. WHP
FG. BPT
NY. SAY
AA. SE[/

Congratulations to all the girls on an outstanding lacrosse season. Earned and well deserved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Vote for carol sad but true.a true pioneer of inflating the cost of travel lax.very overrated what they turned this money grab into.don’t get caught up in the hype.all the premier clubs have A,B,C and now D teams with inflated numbers on the roster.your kid will play half a game at best when at tournaments.I’ve seen it and am glad we went with a smaller club.still made out better scholarship wise than a lot of kids on so called top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Vote for carol sad but true.a true pioneer of inflating the cost of travel lax.very overrated what they turned this money grab into.don’t get caught up in the hype.all the premier clubs have A,B,C and now D teams with inflated numbers on the roster.your kid will play half a game at best when at tournaments.I’ve seen it and am glad we went with a smaller club.still made out better scholarship wise than a lot of kids on so called top teams.
She is the most powerful and influential person in girl's/women's lacrosse at the local travel team level, HS coach level, college influence level and so on. No one is remotely close except maybe the CR in MD. Unfortunately, YJ is still the absolute best way to go for the better players. Having went through it, I am not a fan, but still believe it to be a player's best option. A solid player from the A team will have doors opening all over for her, whereas the same exact caliber player on any other LI club will often get overlooked. My kid made all the teams and lists and did amazing for herself. Very good player and I feel deserving, but probably had a lot of help from being a YJ and pushed by carol. I would say her and most of her teammates greatly benefited from the carol effect. I am not in denial; I clearly see that there are plenty of very good players out there that just do not get the benefit of the doubt that comes with being a part of the YJ A team. I am watching what girl's lacrosse is becoming. All the elite events, a million lists of ranking teams, players, photoshoots, social media hype, FOMO. It is completely out of control. Even Spallina tweeted same exact sentiment, since he has to now go through it with his kids. I wish you all good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain how/why LI has their own All-American list? Shouldn't it just be All Long Island or something? What exactly is the point of having LI All-Americans?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is the most powerful and influential person in girl's/women's lacrosse at the local travel team level, HS coach level, college influence level and so on. No one is remotely close except maybe the CR in MD. Unfortunately, YJ is still the absolute best way to go for the better players. Having went through it, I am not a fan, but still believe it to be a player's best option. A solid player from the A team will have doors opening all over for her, whereas the same exact caliber player on any other LI club will often get overlooked. My kid made all the teams and lists and did amazing for herself. Very good player and I feel deserving, but probably had a lot of help from being a YJ and pushed by carol. I would say her and most of her teammates greatly benefited from the carol effect. I am not in denial; I clearly see that there are plenty of very good players out there that just do not get the benefit of the doubt that comes with being a part of the YJ A team. I am watching what girl's lacrosse is becoming. All the elite events, a million lists of ranking teams, players, photoshoots, social media hype, FOMO. It is completely out of control. Even Spallina tweeted same exact sentiment, since he has to now go through it with his kids. I wish you all good luck!

I disagree. My daughter left YJ due to daddy coaching. Yes she was on the A team, but the politics were unbearable. Went to a different club where she was valued. Turns out, she was way better than all those girls playing over her. How do I know? Her accolade list far surpasses anyone else’s on that team, and she had the pick of schools she wanted to attend. Sometimes the grass is greener! YJ is great for some, especially those who like koolaid and wearing Bee gear. Not for us!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the current rising Sr. Class. The best players ARE NOT YJs! Wonder why that is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s HS All American. Not LI All American

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree. My daughter left YJ due to daddy coaching. Yes she was on the A team, but the politics were unbearable. Went to a different club where she was valued. Turns out, she was way better than all those girls playing over her. How do I know? Her accolade list far surpasses anyone else’s on that team, and she had the pick of schools she wanted to attend. Sometimes the grass is greener! YJ is great for some, especially those who like koolaid and wearing Bee gear. Not for us!

AMEN

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s HS All American. Not LI All American

The list is broken down by state and section so technically the above list is the NYS section XI list

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can break it down like this.let’s just say there 16 AA between Nassau and Suffolk.Out of that how many were from YJ and consider who from YJ is on the respective committee that vote on the selections.Not taking anything away from the honorees but it’s a big circus what’s been going on .time to drain the swamp of li lax leadership all across the board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know where we can find a list of the Suffolk County All-Americans, All-American Honorable Mention, and Academic All-Americans. Should be public record somewhere, no?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the talk, concern and about all of the accolades is a waste of time, it's out of your control so don't waste your energy thinking about it.

All - County is based on how your team finishes the regular season, i.e. the team with the best record gets the most selections. It is not a vote, your coaches decides who makes it.

US Lacrosse All - American is selected by a committee (at least in the past not sure if it has changed). Nassau gets 9 AA's, Suffolk gets 8 AA's. The selection process for this award has always been the most political. Each year a handful of girls from each county who are good enough to make it are left off simply because of the limited number of spots available.

The accolades are nice but in the end nobody cares, the only accolade that really matters the one bestowed upon your daughter by the college coaches. If you really want to know where your daughter stands, look at the schools that offered your daughter a spot. The collective opinion of the college coaches will tell you how your ranks in relation to her peers .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the talk, concern and about all of the accolades is a waste of time, it's out of your control so don't waste your energy thinking about it.

All - County is based on how your team finishes the regular season, i.e. the team with the best record gets the most selections. It is not a vote, your coaches decides who makes it.

US Lacrosse All - American is selected by a committee (at least in the past not sure if it has changed). Nassau gets 9 AA's, Suffolk gets 8 AA's. The selection process for this award has always been the most political. Each year a handful of girls from each county who are good enough to make it are left off simply because of the limited number of spots available.

The accolades are nice but in the end nobody cares, the only accolade that really matters the one bestowed upon your daughter by the college coaches. If you really want to know where your daughter stands, look at the schools that offered your daughter a spot. The collective opinion of the college coaches will tell you how your ranks in relation to her peers .

Sorry, it only “doesn’t matter” to those not honored. Being selected as All-County, and All-American is a great honor, and those girls will remember that for the rest of their life. Yes, some good players are overlooked. Mostly because they are known ball hogs and/or they play on a weak team. I know of a couple girls that probably would have been selected All-Americans if they didn’t have such a selfish and unsportsmanlike like attitude. I agree with you about the college coaches list being the most important. It’s not a coincidence the All-Americans are committed to the top schools. So……is there a list of honorees somewhere? I would love to see the list!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, it only “doesn’t matter” to those not honored. Being selected as All-County, and All-American is a great honor, and those girls will remember that for the rest of their life. Yes, some good players are overlooked. Mostly because they are known ball hogs and/or they play on a weak team. I know of a couple girls that probably would have been selected All-Americans if they didn’t have such a selfish and unsportsmanlike like attitude. I agree with you about the college coaches list being the most important. It’s not a coincidence the All-Americans are committed to the top schools. So……is there a list of honorees somewhere? I would love to see the list!

*** "The accolades are nice but in the end nobody cares, the only accolade that really matters the one bestowed upon your daughter by the college coaches. If you really want to know where your daughter stands, look at the schools that offered your daughter a spot. The collective opinion of the college coaches will tell you how your ranks in relation to her peers ." ***

This... ^^^^^^^^

I hope that all of my children always focus on the present and do their best in the moment while working to constantly improve in all that they do. Don't want them focusing on or thinking about their past accolades (that's for parents and grandparents). IMHO, lacrosse has always been about my children getting all of the benefits that come from playing a "team sport" as well as being a hammerhead to help them get into a great university, making life long friends, networking, helping to find a career path and developing healthy lifestyle habits. Nobody will care that you were All-County or All-American in HS. The Accolades are all well and good but as with everything in life, it's all about the now and what's next.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it’s pretty darn cool to selected as an All County
All-American as a senior in HS is pretty darn special.
You will remember that for the rest of your life. You may not agree with selection process but when I look at the Nassau and Suffolk lists of AA; they are all pretty darn good players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You will remember that for the rest of your life. You may not agree with selection process but when I look at the Nassau and Suffolk lists of AA; they are all pretty darn good players.

Pretty sure that everyone who received any type of accolade was notified, not sure why some keep asking for the lists to be published somewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure that everyone who received any type of accolade was notified, not sure why some keep asking for the lists to be published somewhere.

Because there are many fans that would like to know.

Academic AA
LD. WB
NY. BPT
AS. RIV
MB HARB
EC. NPT
AM. KP
KM. NPT
KB. HUNT

AA. HM

AS. RIV
JD. Com
KT. MC
AD. Com
KC BPT
KG WF
NM SW
EB WB

Jackie Pitts AWard
AS Riv

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because there are many fans that would like to know.

Academic AA
LD. WB
NY. BPT
AS. RIV
MB HARB
EC. NPT
AM. KP
KM. NPT
KB. HUNT

AA. HM

AS. RIV
JD. Com
KT. MC
AD. Com
KC BPT
KG WF
NM SW
EB WB

Jackie Pitts AWard
AS Riv

Thank you! Congratulations to all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the list
https://www.usalacrosse.com/news-me...DAsVZbxSKGwp4r1mtSVuTOBqsUt9jQtdGaFbs3i0

While I do agree every girl on the list is pretty darn good, come on seriously, 3 girls from the same team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh HS just released the lacrosse coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

*** "The accolades are nice but in the end nobody cares, the only accolade that really matters the one bestowed upon your daughter by the college coaches. If you really want to know where your daughter stands, look at the schools that offered your daughter a spot. The collective opinion of the college coaches will tell you how your ranks in relation to her peers ." ***

This... ^^^^^^^^

I hope that all of my children always focus on the present and do their best in the moment while working to constantly improve in all that they do. Don't want them focusing on or thinking about their past accolades (that's for parents and grandparents). IMHO, lacrosse has always been about my children getting all of the benefits that come from playing a "team sport" as well as being a hammerhead to help them get into a great university, making life long friends, networking, helping to find a career path and developing healthy lifestyle habits. Nobody will care that you were All-County or All-American in HS. The Accolades are all well and good but as with everything in life, it's all about the now and what's next.

That resume isn't worth a nickel if the girl standing next to you is just as good. Accolades don't mean you're the best, just that you were the best that was there to choose from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was the reason???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! When is the last time NO Yellow Jackets player is ranked in the top 20?? Only LI girl is A TG player. Lacrosse is growing!!
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ilwomen-class-of-2022-power-100-rankings/60324

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check your facts before posting. Rosga played fir YJ Curcio.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check your facts before posting. Rosga played fir YJ Curcio.

She is from Minnesota and played for lacrosse [Censored]. I know she played for Yellow Jackets too, but for how long and are you trying to say she is from Long Island?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Class C is going to be a battle again this year. There are a lot of very talented players and great coaches in the division. With Westhampton Beach moving down from B there are now 8 legitimate, competitive programs playing for 6 playoff spots. It's going to be fun to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Class C is going to be a battle again this year. There are a lot of very talented players and great coaches in the division. With Westhampton Beach moving down from B there are now 8 legitimate, competitive programs playing for 6 playoff spots. It's going to be fun to watch.

Bayport is clearly the cream of the crop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bayport is clearly the cream of the crop.

What 2 teams don't make it ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone else extremely concerned by the new St Anthony’s assistant filtering kids through his training. I know most public schools won’t hire those who train or coach club due to conflict of interest. Why is it ok in this situation when a handful of the team is at his private sessions and winter league where he’s making $ off them and in a few months will be choosing who subs in and makes a team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone else extremely concerned by the new St Anthony’s assistant filtering kids through his training. I know most public schools won’t hire those who train or coach club due to conflict of interest. Why is it ok in this situation when a handful of the team is at his private sessions and winter league where he’s making $ off them and in a few months will be choosing who subs in and makes a team?

It should be very concerning as St Anthony's has become a pay/play with the new assistant coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could you be any more insecure? He was training those kids, all kids. prior to becoming the assistant coach at SAs.
From what I hear you’re lucky to have him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was the reason???

Because they are toxic, as is the entire crew over at LaxOn. Not a coincidence that Windsor was let go from Stony Brook School as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could you be any more insecure? He was training those kids, all kids. prior to becoming the assistant coach at SAs.
From what I hear you’re lucky to have him.

Exactly! This also goes on at many schools. Northport, is a very notable one. A coach there is part of a club and does extra training on the side for $s.. West Babylon, same. There are others as well. This is nothing new and has been going on for many years with HS coaches. You think they can make a living coaching? That’s funny. They usually are very good at training and have had that going on for years. There should be no reason they can’t continue their outside training, if it is open to all. If there is an obvious conflict, school can address it. However, don’t act like this is something new with the SA coach. SA is very lucky to have someone who is so committed to the game and teaching it as he is. This is a very positive move for SA bringing this guy on as a coach. They needed some fresh legs. It Was Getting stale there and not getting it done in big games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It should be very concerning as St Anthony's has become a pay/play with the new assistant coach.

Is it concerning to Northport, West Bab HS? Probably others as well, that have coaches that are part of clubs and/ or getting extra income from training.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was the reason???

Because they are toxic, as is the entire crew over at LaxOn. Not a coincidence that Windsor was let go from Stony Brook School as well.

lax on is a last resort organization no one chooses to play there

all their kids couldn’t cut it elsewhere

but some new assistant coach will be the reason their kids don’t touch the field at st a’s, ok sure

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When discussing why coaches let go from a high school program there is zero need or reason to then knock down kids. Totally inappropriate, unnecessary and mean.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was the reason???

lax on is a last resort organization no one chooses to play there

all their kids couldn’t cut it elsewhere

but some new assistant coach will be the reason their kids don’t touch the field at st a’s, ok sure

Very classless comment. Shame on you. Adults and coaches are fair game. Shouldn’t talk about kids like this. Worry about your own kid and don’t comment on others abilities. Rude.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The women of this orfan

What was the reason???

There’s a reason they have beef with so many people. Ego too big for their hats these days

Like Reply Quote
Page 199 of 214 1 2 197 198 199 200 201 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard