BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Maryland clubs represented well against some tough long island and new york teams.

Did they tho? Coppermine lost to a long island team.

Coppermine went 3-1. They lost to the same LI Yellow Jackets team by 1 that they beat last week by 1 & didn't make the playoffs.

M&D also went 3-1. Lost to Hero's Green by 1 but otherwise won out & didn't make playoffs.

MD united went 4-2 and lost to Hero's Green by 2 and to LI Enpire Team 91 Bandits by 1 in their championship game.

Hero's Green went 7-0, beat M&D and MDU, plus the teams that beat Coppermine and M&D.

Hero's Green has my vote as the best in the area and probably the country.

I didn't mention this when I posted the above, but the Baltimore-area 2029 class is pretty special. All of the teams above are excellent and there is a TON of talent on the rest of the area teams. Very fun to watch. We all get argumentative & emotional when talking about our teams, but we should all take a minute every once in a while to acknowledge how good all of these girls are.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m not so sure they would have beaten 91. The YJ game could easily have gone either way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How’s everyone doing in Hershey? Any good upsets?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough schedule for Coppermine. Could end up winless. Lost to HG and Eagle Stix by identical 9-6 scores. Those two teams are excellent and play in the morning. Winner will cakewalk through bracket play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Her
How’s everyone doing in Hershey? Any good upsets?

Hero’s green 3-0, should be a good match up today against Eagle Stix

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough schedule for Coppermine. Could end up winless. Lost to HG and Eagle Stix by identical 9-6 scores. Those two teams are excellent and play in the morning. Winner will cakewalk through bracket play.

That’s interesting re:coppermine. Heard they picked up a new attack just in time for tournament season (and were already carrying a large roster), either an off day or some pieces missing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts are upon us: who makes the most changes? least changes? do any key players leave for greener pastures? Any coaching changes for the coming year? What teams make the biggest jump?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers make the biggest jump in my opinion

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine, HG, and Eagle Stix far better,,is there really a debate. Do not think so as settled long ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not disagree that skywalkers is primed to make a big jump just by virtue of being the lowest ranked of the established clubs. Can easily see quality players from established teams leave to find more playing time, different coaching philosophy, change of position, or a better social fit.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine, HG, and Eagle Stix far better,,is there really a debate. Do not think so as settled long ago.

Yeah I understand that - the question is who will be most improved, not who is better. I don’t think SW will make the playoffs next year but they will be much improved mainly by adding 5 2029s that have been playing up on the 2028 blue team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to see how much turnover there is with the upper level teams… M & D and Hero’s. Coppermine has to be looking to make some key adds along with Maryland United. Skywalkers definitely has room to improve, don’t think they will be in the top-tier in the next year or two but by end of middle school expect them to be competing with the top teams nationally

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine is already adding pieces. They've added a middie and attack during the tournaments so expect to see more additions. Already have a lights out goalie so thats a huge draw.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to see how much turnover there is with the upper level teams… M & D and Hero’s. Coppermine has to be looking to make some key adds along with Maryland United. Skywalkers definitely has room to improve, don’t think they will be in the top-tier in the next year or two but by end of middle school expect them to be competing with the top teams nationally

Generally at this age, the top clubs will drop and add 5-7 girls per year with the number dropping a bit once you get to 7th and 8th grade. Biggest X factor at this age and the next year is how many kids will drop lax in order to focus on another travel sports (usually soccer). Once ECNL clubs start fielding academy teams, they are much less understanding about missing any game or practice or another sport or activity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine is already adding pieces. They've added a middie and attack during the tournaments so expect to see more additions. Already have a lights out goalie so thats a huge draw.

I am always curious how this (adding players for tournaments) pans out, esp for rising 6th grade teams. Does this create resentment from players who have practiced and paid dues all year, only to have playing time minimized by new players come tourney season? I understand at older age groups the focus is on winning, but for younger girls (like 29s), seems silly but curious to hear thoughts. Why not wait 2 weeks and add them after tryout is my thought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am always curious how this (adding players for tournaments) pans out, esp for rising 6th grade teams. Does this create resentment from players who have practiced and paid dues all year, only to have playing time minimized by new players come tourney season? I understand at older age groups the focus is on winning, but for younger girls (like 29s), seems silly but curious to hear thoughts. Why not wait 2 weeks and add them after tryout is my thought.

Yes, it creates resentment and confusion for the girls and families. No, the teams/coaches/clubs don't care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its a bush league move for an A team to do that. Teams that are B or C level, who need bodies do it all the time and that's fine.
Least its a way for parents to see what they think of your kid if a "guest" player is taking their minutes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are they even allowed to "guest" play anymore? I thought it was the fastest way to get asked to leave a team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are they even allowed to "guest" play anymore? I thought it was the fastest way to get asked to leave a team

I think thats kind of the point. I think these girls who are jumping in with Copp (Copper, Coppy? whatever they call themselves) wanted off their current team to get to a higher level program. And, agree, its bush league for an upper level A to do that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think thats kind of the point. I think these girls who are jumping in with Copp (Copper, Coppy? whatever they call themselves) wanted off their current team to get to a higher level program. And, agree, its bush league for an upper level A to do that.

Between adding for tournaments and the “Tucker tune up” they hosted a couple of weeks ago where girls were offered spots prior to tryouts, it will be tough for any new girl to make the the team just going to regular tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Between adding for tournaments and the “Tucker tune up” they hosted a couple of weeks ago where girls were offered spots prior to tryouts, it will be tough for any new girl to make the the team just going to regular tryouts

Thats interesting considering Coppermine 29 Black turned over like 8 players last year (note - with no improvement in record comparing 2020-21 season to 2021-22 season), so wondering how many current players will be demoted and what their future results could look like.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every club has its own policy. Top clubs tend not to care as long as you don't miss any of their tourneys -- they like you getting more gameplay.

Lower tier clubs tend to get more sensitive, afraid that the player will leave for greener pastures. I can tell you M&D, Heros and SW all have no issues with players guest playing as long as you don't miss any tourneys or practices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] I understand at older age groups the focus is on winning,

Not true. Clubs care much more about winning in middle school. Once you reach fall of 9th grade, no one care about winning. Its all about exposure.

Biggest thing is to get good competition in games. Don't want blowouts either way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Appears the strong clubs are getting stronger

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hearing this also, that coppermine 29 tryouts are a facade, they already know who they are taking on Blackand have extended a considerable number of offers already

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats interesting considering Coppermine 29 Black turned over like 8 players last year (note - with no improvement in record comparing 2020-21 season to 2021-22 season), so wondering how many current players will be demoted and what their future results could look like.

Pretty sure Coppermine had 2 girls leave the 29 team before last season and added a handful. No where near 8.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess that Skywalkers 28 team will fold considering the 29s are hoping teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 28’s have 2 teams, No way they’ll fold because a few 29’s have to go down to their age group…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopping teams? Where are they going?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopping teams? Where are they going?

Skywalkers 29

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did teams fare with tryouts? Any major pick ups or adds or losses by any club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last day of Coppermine tryouts… Any updates if NEMS will have a 29 team this season?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last day of Coppermine tryouts… Any updates if NEMS will have a 29 team this season?

I keep getting NEMS ads in my Facebook feed. According to them, it looks like they will have a 2029 team. Google NEMS lacrosse and the site seems to have some details. Good luck with coopermine, rumor is that the roster for black is already set.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I keep getting NEMS ads in my Facebook feed. According to them, it looks like they will have a 2029 team. Google NEMS lacrosse and the site seems to have some details. Good luck with coopermine, rumor is that the roster for black is already set.

NEMS 29 team this summer consisted of 2029-2032(!!)….supposedly the tryout number is very low. I would not anticipate them having a 29 team again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct. Club is trying to fill in Blue team players with this extra tryout

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NEMS 29 team this summer consisted of 2029-2032(!!)….supposedly the tryout number is very low. I would not anticipate them having a 29 team again.
The NEMS program may be on life support...especially with Coppermine North, Fallston Lacrosse Club, and the Tidewater Lacrosse (through Bel Air Rec) program starting up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are tryouts finally finished for everyone? Looked like HOCO had gotten postponed a couple of times for weather...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs prospered and what clubs got gutted with this summer's tryouts? Which teams will stand out this fall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top teams, M&D and Heros didn't have much change to their rosters. Coppermine added throughout the summer and not sure they got "better" but they may have got deeper. MDU will compete as usual since they have a strong D and the best goalie in the age group. If I had to guess... it will be the Heros and M&D show this fall with M&D working to prove themselves again after a tough summer against Heros.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Maryland clubs represented well against some tough long island and new york teams.

Did they tho? Coppermine lost to a long island team.

Coppermine went 3-1. They lost to the same LI Yellow Jackets team by 1 that they beat last week by 1 & didn't make the playoffs.

M&D also went 3-1. Lost to Hero's Green by 1 but otherwise won out & didn't make playoffs.

MD united went 4-2 and lost to Hero's Green by 2 and to LI Enpire Team 91 Bandits by 1 in their championship game.

Hero's Green went 7-0, beat M&D and MDU, plus the teams that beat Coppermine and M&D.

Hero's Green has my vote as the best in the area and probably the country.

I agree, Heros is the best team right now but as a parent of MDU, M&D is harder to beat when their top player controls the game. M&D went 9-0? in NGLL and beat Heros to end the regular season in OT on the back of their top player who tied the game and scored the winner in OT. They were up 3-1 in the NGLL Championship with the top player netting two early. She barely touched the ball the rest of the game, kuddos to Heros for making the adjustment early. In the game referenced above M&D lost to Heros by a goal but had the ball at the end of regulation with a chance to tie... the ball never touched their top players stick. Again, kuddos to Heros for making someone else beat them. When they run through her though, they are the best team. Teams in Maryland know they need to keep it out of her stick and M&D is very beatable. We, MDU, tend to play Heros well but struggle against M&D. M&D stuggles against Heros. The 29 class in Maryland is stacked with 4 teams trading blows all year.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard