BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 56 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 55 56
Re: Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, that was True Illinois in LI

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not the same team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From MD Forum:

In the absence of Bored MD Dad, I'll take a stab . . .

GROUP 1 - would be clear favorites against teams outside of group 1
Hawks
Madlax
Venom

GROUP 2 - could beat group 1 teams on a given day, but need to do it consistently to move to group 1
BBL
Texas Nationals
True National Black
Express North

GROUP 3 - could compete with any teams above them, but would likely be underdogs
3D NE
Next Level
2Way
Crabs
LI Express Chucks
Mad Dog West
Laxachusetts
Colorado Kings

Others: NXT, FCA, Legacy, Freedom, West Coast Starz

Considerations:
- Recency bias acknowledged - summer performance valued over spring, which is valued over fall
- Teams within each group are interchangeable and fairly even
- This is a snapshot in time - things could change dramatically based on the results of PrimeTime in 1.5 weeks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
From MD Forum:

Hawks
Madlax
Venom

GROUP 2 - could beat group 1 teams on a given day, but need to do it consistently to move to group 1
BBL
Texas Nationals
True National Black
Express North

GROUP 3 - could compete with any teams above them, but would likely be underdogs
3D NE
Next Level
2Way
Crabs
LI Express Chucks
Mad Dog West
Laxachusetts
Colorado Kings

Considerations:
- Recency bias acknowledged - summer performance valued over spring, which is valued over fall
- This is a snapshot in time - things could change dramatically based on the results of PrimeTime in 1.5 weeks

Gotta drop chucks out of the 3 bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From MD Forum:

Hawks
Madlax
Venom

BBL
Texas Nationals
True National Black
Express North

3D NE
Next Level
2Way
Crabs
LI Express Chucks
Mad Dog West
Laxachusetts
Colorado Kings

Considerations:

True, they belong in low 1 or group 2. Our guys own the island.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From MD Forum:

Hawks
Madlax
Venom

BBL
Texas Nationals
True National Black
Express North

3D NE
Next Level
2Way
Crabs
LI Express Chucks
Mad Dog West
Laxachusetts
Colorado Kings

Considerations:

True, they belong in low 1 or group 2. Our guys own the island.

I'm pretty sure the Texas Nationals own the island after NLF ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland 6th grade=12-14 yr olds, who cares what their forum says.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. holdbacks make a huge difference at the younger age groups due to kids still developing and not hitting puberty. Keep pounding your chests if it makes you happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny but I don’t see those dominating 2028 Maryland, D.C. and Virginia teams in the World Series. Was it too far for them to drive over to Boyd’s Maryland for the World Series this weekend? I guess it’s not fair to ask them to compete with kids their own age for once.This tells you all you need to know about lacrosse in the DMV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said!!! The TRUTH hurts

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RE WSYL.....I can't speak for all the DMV ppl, but I'm not doing a tourney 4th of July week especially with Primetime the following Saturday. Time for the beach, beers and sunburns. Have fun tho.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RE WSYL.....I can't speak for all the DMV ppl, but I'm not doing a tourney 4th of July week especially with Primetime the following Saturday. Time for the beach, beers and sunburns. Have fun tho.

Riiiiight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Riiiiight

The original WSYL was a bad four-day infomercial that cost 3x as much as other elites tournaments. There’s a reason it shuttered. I can’t imagine the weird, opportunistic attempt to rebrand is better, the flashy social media attempts, notwithstanding.

Have fun overpaying for bad drinks in the hotel ballroom though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Riiiiight

The original WSYL was a bad four-day infomercial that cost 3x as much as other elites tournaments. There’s a reason it shuttered. I can’t imagine the weird, opportunistic attempt to rebrand is better, the flashy social media attempts, notwithstanding.

Have fun overpaying for bad drinks in the hotel ballroom though.

Signed,
holdback Dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can’t get any group of people in the world to agree on anything except 100 percent of Maryland Dad’s dislike the World Series!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No representation from Legacy or Rebels in the World Series this year tsk tsk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ll try and save 100 more pages of World Series talk but here is the Maryland perspective. Our teams are year round with a focus on the Spring HoCo league and summer tournaments. Fall tournaments are fun but many kids play football and soccer that are in season so those take a backseat to Spring/Summer. Our teams do have pre-k kids with august/July bdays that have always been a 2028 but miss the WS cut-off. At 28 it is not as egregious as this board would have you believe but 3-4 kids for an elite or even middle of the road team is not uncommon. The monster manly 2008 bday kids are a problem but still pretty rare (wait until 8th grade, it’s a mess). Those summer of 09 kids would have to play on the 27WS team or not play at all (spoiler, there are some 28 kids playing right now for u13 PA and MD teams). The other side is that we are lucky to have most elite tournaments within driving distance so most clubs will only do 1-2 overnight tournaments per year. jockeying a roster, overpaying and giving up a restful and normal July 4th holiday is not appealing. My on age son played last year and it is a fun event for the kids but the cons outweigh the pros. Not going to bash the World Series and hope the kids have fun, looks like a non-LI team might take it this year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI dad here: Only people talking about faux 'Lacrosse World Series' are people whose kids got suckered into playing this second rate event and want to fool people into believing it's similar to WSYL (it's not) or drew top competition (it didn't). WSYL ended last year. This imposter version is a cheap imitation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI dad here: Only people talking about faux 'Lacrosse World Series' are people whose kids got suckered into playing this second rate event and want to fool people into believing it's similar to WSYL (it's not) or drew top competition (it didn't). WSYL ended last year. This imposter version is a cheap imitation.

Looks real to me. It’s as real as you make it. You can say it isn’t real if that makes you feel better. But there are a ton of top teams and kids and families that are their and it matters to them.
Over 1k tuning into us club lacrosse youtube live stream.
It will grow whether you like it or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations 91 machine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks real to me. It’s as real as you make it. You can say it isn’t real if that makes you feel better. But there are a ton of top teams and kids and families that are their and it matters to them.

Went from ESPN broadcast to Youtube. Nough said. You want to justify spending your money on it, that's on you. But don't pretend this event was anywhere close to past WSYLs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Went from ESPN broadcast to Youtube. Nough said. You want to justify spending your money on it, that's on you. But don't pretend this event was anywhere close to past WSYLs.

How many LI Teams were there 🤣😂🤣

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI Dad, go back to yelling at the refs and opposing players. That's what we have to look forward to playing LI Teams. Pure Entertainment 😂

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy will be there next year if they pick up a few new players in some positions especially goalie. Rebels will never qualify. They call Hydra a "AA" team but they only play "A/B" tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on Primetime:

Blue bracket: Big Matchup with Express North and BBL to get things going. Hawks have a great match up with Express North a few hours after they play BBL. Mad dog has major upset potential and a decent draw avoiding BBL/EN. Igloo and SL Florida don’t play each other and could be in a tough day with all tough matchups. Top two advance and I’m thinking Hawks and BBL.

White bracket: Madlax and 3DNe do not play each other so both should cruise unless Legacy plays the spoiler. Prime Time has not matched up well against this field and NH tomahawks also may struggle.

After the blue bracket beats each other up, 3DNe and Madlax win against depleted Bbl/Hawks/Mad dog/EN in the semis to advance to championship. Most days 3DNe would take the matchup but the summer rentals come through for a Madlax ship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy will be there next year if they pick up a few new players in some positions especially goalie. Rebels will never qualify. They call Hydra a "AA" team but they only play "A/B" tournaments.

Yeah many teams will be there if we pick up a few more players lmao

And what is with the goalie comment? Never heard that to be an issue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be honest you are a disgruntled legacy parent and you are laying blame with the goalies for some reason. Cancer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be honest you are a disgruntled legacy parent and you are laying blame with the goalies for some reason. Cancer.
If you lose one of the goalies you will really have problems.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We played legacy this year and the problem is not the goalies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels beat legacy last time 10-4 and wasn’t close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that it will end up being Express North and Hawks with EN beating them the first day, and in the blue It will be Madlax 1 and 3dNe 2. EN beats 3d and Hawks beat Madlax. In the finals Hawks beat EN to win the chip.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks Dad here, does anyone know the top players on Express North? hearing from parents that #88, #97, and #3 are their players but don't know for sure

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels are gifted a cupcake schedule at NXT cup, incoming we went 3-0 posts. 2 tough teams in their bracket and they don’t play either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again a Long Island team wins the Work Series. Next year will be the same. Just sayin. Carry on Maryland people and enjoy watching your kids beat up on younger kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels beat legacy last time 10-4 and wasn’t close.
[quote=Anonymous]No representation from Legacy or Rebels in the World Series this year tsk tsk

Rebels beat legacy last time 10-4 and wasn’t close.[/quote
First game was 6- 2 Legacy wasn't close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, those are the star players on that team and they also have a d-pole/LSM that I forgot the number of but you will notice who I'm talking about when you play them. 97 is a righty mid and so is 3, while 88 is a shifty lefty at attack. Hawks vs Express will be a good game as they both have lots of star power and no ringers and holdbacks (that I have heard of)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy issue is the attack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you lose one of the goalies you will really have problems.

Bingo!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels are gifted a cupcake schedule at NXT cup, incoming we went 3-0 posts. 2 tough teams in their bracket and they don’t play either

Schedule is out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just like legacy they will have to put up or shut up when they finally face good teams in playofffs

Page 50 of 56 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 55 56

Link Copied to Clipboard