BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 198 of 213 1 2 196 197 198 199 200 212 213
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
AA are awarded to the players with the most influential coaches who push it along.Some picks deserve it but others just are fortunate to have coaches who have some pull.

Not sure if things have changed but in the past, the selection process for US Lacrosse All-American was extremely political (at least on Long Island). A relatively small committee picked the players (9 from Nassau and 8 from Suffolk), if your HS or Club coach was not on the committee it was tough to make it. That is not to say the players that were selected over the years were not deserving but there were probably 8 - 10 players each year who were also deserving who didn't have an advocate. In any given graduation year on Long Island there are probably between 20 - 30 legitimate top tier players so with only 17 spots available some really good players will be left out.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the Wantagh AA was injured prior to the championship game their coach had a baby and didn’t coach against Manhassett. Manhassett had 2 AA and one honorable mention AA. Facts matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like a bunch of excuses.So six AA from two teams.Let me guess wantaugh and manhasset coaches sit on the committee that makes selection?There is more to an AA than stats.it should be intangibles that come into play when deciding.3 picks from one team seem to be a bit of a stretch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like a bunch of excuses.So six AA from two teams.Let me guess wantaugh and manhasset coaches sit on the committee that makes selection?There is more to an AA than stats.it should be intangibles that come into play when deciding.3 picks from one team seem to be a bit of a stretch.

State champ Manhassett had 2 AA and one honorable mention. Wantagh won the Nassau power conference. Two top teams on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly, everyone involved in Suffolk County girls lacrosse should be embarrassed. What an awful job was done. Nobody knows anything that is going on. Get your acts together. Just terrible!

The Suffolk girls deserve much better treatment. The coaches have done a really poor job. The girls work very hard on and off the field and deserve their accolades.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a shame that some HS coaches are affiliated with travel circuit and still didn’t stand up for the girls not only this year but the last 3 years. Your good enough for them to take, but forget about you when your gone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a shame that some HS coaches are affiliated with travel circuit and still didn’t stand up for the girls not only this year but the last 3 years. Your good enough for them to take but forget about you when your gone.

The girls deserved a nice year end dinner to celebrate the season instead the coaches decided against it. It’s just not right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a shame that some HS coaches are affiliated with travel circuit and still didn’t stand up for the girls not only this year but the last 3 years. Your good enough for them to take but forget about you when your gone.

The girls deserved a nice year end dinner to celebrate the season instead the coaches decided against it. It’s just not right.

Yes. And we all know the coaches read this thread. Maybe apologize and make real effort to do your job next year, because this is not acceptable

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. And we all know the coaches read this thread. Maybe apologize and make real effort to do your job next year, because this is not acceptable

There was no excuse not to have something for the girls in Suffolk. Every other sport did. It’s laziness.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa won the Power conference for class A. Their AD dropped the ball there.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa won the Power conference for class A. Their AD dropped the ball there.

What Year ????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year , last year …

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah- Massapequa was not the winner for the power conference(regular season) they finished 5th I think, top team was Wantagh, 2nd Manhasset, 3rd Garden City, 4th North Shore, 5th Massapequa, then it was Southside, Cold Spring Harbor.

4 of them went on to win the Nassau Championships for each of there divisions, 2 LI champs, and Manhasset state champs-I would say if you were top of that group you have some talent on your team- Massapequa was good, but most talented players were their goalie, and one of the defenders

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In all honestly the high school rules are on a middle school level and the reffing is almost as bad.unless you implement a shot clock the games are just not that exciting.watching a girls lacrosse game with single digit schools is like watching paint dry.If you look at ncaa scores especially in the tourney it’s a high scoring affair not because the defense or goalies are horrible is because of the amount of possessions a team has due to the shot clock.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No.... Massapequa won Conference A in the playoffs based on school enrollment. Did not win the A Power Conference. There are no power conference playoffs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No.... Massapequa won Conference A in the playoffs based on school enrollment. Did not win the A Power Conference. There are no power conference playoffs

Nassau conference A was a cakewalk

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not plainview, girl from Plainedge for HM AA and the last one was goalie from South Side

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly, everyone involved in Suffolk County girls lacrosse should be embarrassed. What an awful job was done. Nobody knows anything that is going on. Get your acts together. Just terrible!

July 1 still no AA awards for Suffolk.
Great job coaches
Most teams ended their season 7 weeks ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great job coaches

Why did Suffolk boys and Nassau girls and boys all get their awards? Something is very wrong here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great job coaches

This goes beyond incompetence. No dinner for the girls, July and no AA announced. The Suffolk girls deserve better. Nassau was announced a month ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has Suffolk given out there all county plaques yet.Nobody from our school got theirs.Not sure if our coach just didn’t pick them up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let it go, HS season is over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has Suffolk given out there all county plaques yet.Nobody from our school got theirs.Not sure if our coach just didn’t pick them up.

My daughter did not get hers, but was told she made All County by her coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think we should let it go simply for the future girls coming up.The last three years have been unacceptable and needs to be addressed by changing the leadership.No excuses can be made when all other sections have wrapped up their season and post season honors and had dinners and awards.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk All Americans have finally been announced. Congratulations to all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think we should let it go simply for the future girls coming up.The last three years have been unacceptable and needs to be addressed by changing the leadership.No excuses can be made when all other sections have wrapped up their season and post season honors and had dinners and awards.

Agree
Agree
Agree
Whoever is the leader needs to step aside

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is this shared?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is this shared?

Coaches have it. Would be nice if it could be shared. I heard 3 Northport, and mostly 1 from a bunch of others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to all the grad party I’m talking with a lot of the families that still have kids in The travel or club circuit and it’s pretty sad when you hear that they just want it to be over and it’s out of control with the money.It’s not fun anymore.That’s pretty sad because when we went through it it was fun and the best families meteorites.Lax has taken us to a lot of places we may not have gone too.Does anyone else hear that travel had lost that special something .I miss those days of watching my kid complete and meeting people along the way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to all the grad party I’m talking with a lot of the families that still have kids in The travel or club circuit and it’s pretty sad when you hear that they just want it to be over and it’s out of control with the money.It’s not fun anymore.That’s pretty sad because when we went through it it was fun and the best families meteorites.Lax has taken us to a lot of places we may not have gone too.Does anyone else hear that travel had lost that special something .I miss those days of watching my kid complete and meeting people along the way.

Yes! It’s out of control. Too much pressure, and too much politics have ruined it. We have no choice but to do it if our daughters want to play in college, but nonsense we have had to endure has been ridiculous. Parents are a big part of the problem because they’re jealous and do anything to promote their kid ahead of yours. They are not your true friends. It has not been all bad, but I’m sure glad it’s over!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My girl is worn out and tired of the club nonsense. Same thing happened on boys side a few years earlier. Totally cutthroat amongst families and directors just looking to maximize profits. Girls and boys in the middle tier are just dollar signs and placeholders to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can one of Suffolk coaches that reads this please post the list of All-Americans? We all waited long enough for this and would like to know who was honored

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is this shared?

Coaches have it. Would be nice if it could be shared. I heard 3 Northport, and mostly 1 from a bunch of others.

Congrats to all the All American recipients its a great honor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can one of Suffolk coaches that reads this please post the list of All-Americans? We all waited long enough for this and would like to know who was honored

Not sure that "we all" waited for this... 8 girls from Suffolk are selected Congratulations to the girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year BOTC posted both Suffolk and Nassau recipients.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

little patience

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

little patience

LD. WB
KM. NPT
EC. NPT
IG. NPT
OR. WHP
FG. BPT
NY. SAY
AA. SE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

little patience

LD. WB
KM. NPT
EC. NPT
IG. NPT
OR. WHP
FG. BPT
NY. SAY
AA. SE

Surprised AS from Riverhead didn’t get it, or NM fin Smithtown. They pick a few Jrs. Over them. AS cleaned up with some other big awards!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 from northport.that’s comical.theres no way a team has 3 legit AA.just like wantaugh the coach must have some pull with the committee or is the committee.probably the same bums that run the section xi dinner.what a joke Suffolk girls lax has become.as much as I miss it,I don’t miss the losers running it and the shenanigans that go on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 from northport.that’s comical.theres no way a team has 3 legit AA.just like wantaugh the coach must have some pull with the committee or is the committee.probably the same bums that run the section xi dinner.what a joke Suffolk girls lax has become.as much as I miss it,I don’t miss the losers running it and the shenanigans that go on.

Northport should have two, the other is an HM

Like Reply Quote
Page 198 of 213 1 2 196 197 198 199 200 212 213
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard