BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 119 of 249 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 248 249
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You mean Madlax lost without their guest (I mean full-time players unless those kids real teams are playing in the same tournament) players? Shocking... So again, was NAL Madlax Capital or National???? ML got exposed without their "guests".

Point proven yet again...be angry all you want ML parents but you sham program continues to be exposed for being shady.

One player.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their big middie is an offensive beast and was severely under used in that BBL game. If he leaves they’re not left with anyone that I saw that can even create a shot. Granted it was just one game but BBL really couldn’t stop the big middie. Their goalie came up big on him. That kid should get away from that coach and I’m sure everyone would want him. If the Hawks would get him they’d be almost impossible to beat. I detest seeing good players saddled with stunad coaches.

You mean the 14 year old?

Only been 14 for a few months

My kid is still 11. How is that right??? Lmao

Your kid should be asking you that question. If I had to guess, you wanted to accelerate him in preschool because he was so “bright.” If you want to comment on other parents decisions about their sons then take a look in the mirror. Your blind ambition for your son blew up in your face.

11/12 year olds are in 6th now entering 7th. What a stunad you are. Smack yourself

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see #4 Madlax avenge loss to #46 NXT. Too bad Texas Nationals kids weren't available to win t shirts for Madlax kids at Naptown. But at least this week's losses won't count against Madlax's #4 ranking, right?
The big D isn’t as big of a factor as most think. There isn’t enough talent on ML, Hawks, Venom, Texas combined to overcome the awful coaching of ML head coach literally play by play directing his kids. Tells them to do foolish things, they do it and then he blames them for the mistake. Heard and saw it happen. Why do parents let their kids play for that guy??
Spot on. Screams at Y to “throw it to xxxxx,” and when X drops the pass, he screams “Y GET OFF THE FIELD.” I mean, my kid would tolerate that for about 5 minutes. Maybe because they’re still young, they take it. Once they get older, this team will truly disintegrate.
Their big middie is an offensive beast and was severely under used in that BBL game. If he leaves they’re not left with anyone that I saw that can even create a shot. Granted it was just one game but BBL really couldn’t stop the big middie. Their goalie came up big on him. That kid should get away from that coach and I’m sure everyone would want him. If the Hawks would get him they’d be almost impossible to beat. I detest seeing good players saddled with stunad coaches.

You mean the 14 year old?

Only been 14 for a few months

Only 14 for a few months guy…..we are all embarrassed for you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why aren’t our teams (DMV) at World Series? Following on Instagram and this tournament looks amazing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

You mean the 14 year old?[/quote]

Only been 14 for a few months[/quote]

Only 14 for a few months guy…..we are all embarrassed for you[/quote]

What's embarrassing is you actually believing this.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their big middie is an offensive beast and was severely under used in that BBL game. If he leaves they’re not left with anyone that I saw that can even create a shot. Granted it was just one game but BBL really couldn’t stop the big middie. Their goalie came up big on him. That kid should get away from that coach and I’m sure everyone would want him. If the Hawks would get him they’d be almost impossible to beat. I detest seeing good players saddled with stunad coaches.[/quote]

On extra man, this 14 year old steps inside 10 yards and shots 80+ miles an hour. If he hits an 11-12 year old (on-age) goalie, it could get very dangerous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On extra man, this 14 year old steps inside 10 yards and shots 80+ miles an hour. If he hits an 11-12 year old (on-age) goalie, it could get very dangerous.[/quote]

Sounds like a lot of exposure for US Lacrosse, Madlax, and this kid’s parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On extra man, this 14 year old steps inside 10 yards and shots 80+ miles an hour. If he hits an 11-12 year old (on-age) goalie, it could get very dangerous.[/quote]

He's not 14 yrs old. Also my on age son's shoots 75+ miles

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have an opinion on Team Eighteen? Coaching, well run…. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why aren’t our teams (DMV) at World Series? Following on Instagram and this tournament looks amazing.

No it doesn't. Nice try at guerrilla marketing, but everyone knows that tournament 'lax world series championship' stinks. Hopefully the real World Series of Youth Lacrosse returns next year in time for 2028s to play.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it doesn't. Nice try at guerrilla marketing, but everyone knows that tournament 'lax world series championship' stinks. Hopefully the real World Series of Youth Lacrosse returns next year in time for 2028s to play.

Looks pretty good. Kids are having a blast. It will get better each year. Glad someone picked it up and is trying to keep it going. It matters to the kids!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks pretty good. Kids are having a blast. It will get better each year. Glad someone picked it up and is trying to keep it going. It matters to the kids!

The best players aren't playing in that event. Some of the kids who are playing in it look newer to lacrosse. It's basically a glorified Aloha event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best players aren't playing in that event. Some of the kids who are playing in it look newer to lacrosse. It's basically a glorified Aloha event.

Frankly , it is one step below an Aloha Tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean Madlax lost without their guest (I mean full-time players unless those kids real teams are playing in the same tournament) players? Shocking... So again, was NAL Madlax Capital or National???? ML got exposed without their "guests".

Point proven yet again...be angry all you want ML parents but you sham program continues to be exposed for being shady.

One player.
One more than anyone else

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It sounds like you are mad Cooper didn’t make the event!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One player.

Incorrect

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kyle Harrison's touring club. Legit top 25 team but not top 5, maybe not top 10 (yet). Players from several states but a core of kids (15 ish) from Hawks, NL, Blue Claws, Kelly Post, True Annapolis, and a couple of Predators (NY and MD) and T91 MD kids. Goalies from Fusion and I think BBL. Few all stars from 91GA, the various Mad Dog / Texas teams, etc. But Kyle is based in Annapolis and the core of the team are the MD/PA kids (at least for the time being).

Bottom line: If your son can hang with better AAA/AAAA talent, he'll play. If he starts on an elite team. and he fits the system, he'll likely start on T18. T18 is a positive environment and not a bad way to test out if "mercenary travel lax" is for you without spending an absurd amount of money in year 1. Some players have decided it's not for them, other players have moved on to Nationals/Dukes etc. But the MD/PA boys have known each other in some cases since they were 3-4 years old, so the unit comes together fairly well.

Recommend you sign up for a workout or a camp with T18....give you a honest flavor of the talent level and coaching philosophy.

East coast tournament selection has been good - only losses I can remember are 91 National, 91 GA, and ML 2028 (twice). Wins against Legacy, Stealth, Denver Elite, and other low level elite teams or current "Hoco AAAA" Not attending Aloha events and blowing out random clubs to "win the ship" but also not getting dragged across the turf by top 3 national teams they shouldn't be playing. I think the losses to ML have been on the order of 9-4, 8-4 etc (and in tourney championship games) but can't remember. Just as a reference point.

Not trying to advertise here, just laying out facts. Definitely the most negative thing about it is that the "team unit" (even though they know each other well) doesn't work out enough together. The a la carte billing is good when you can't make a camp or tournament, but a little annoying when you have to pay for every single workout. That's capitalism I guess.

FYI I'm going to ignore any responses about how "mercenary travel ball is a waste." I have argued it both ways myself. As if traveling to a tournament with your "local club" with a roster of 32 kids and "surprise guest players" is what the creators of lacrosse intended.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kyle Harrison's touring club. Legit top 25 team but not top 5, maybe not top 10 (yet). Players from several states but a core of kids (15 ish) from Hawks, NL, Blue Claws, Kelly Post, True Annapolis, and a couple of Predators (NY and MD) and T91 MD kids. Goalies from Fusion and I think BBL. Few all stars from 91GA, the various Mad Dog / Texas teams, etc. But Kyle is based in Annapolis and the core of the team are the MD/PA kids (at least for the time being).

Bottom line: If your son can hang with better AAA/AAAA talent, he'll play. If he starts on an elite team. and he fits the system, he'll likely start on T18. T18 is a positive environment and not a bad way to test out if "mercenary travel lax" is for you without spending an absurd amount of money in year 1. Some players have decided it's not for them, other players have moved on to Nationals/Dukes etc. But the MD/PA boys have known each other in some cases since they were 3-4 years old, so the unit comes together fairly well.

Recommend you sign up for a workout or a camp with T18....give you a honest flavor of the talent level and coaching philosophy.

East coast tournament selection has been good - only losses I can remember are 91 National, 91 GA, and ML 2028 (twice). Wins against Legacy, Stealth, Denver Elite, and other low level elite teams or current "Hoco AAAA" Not attending Aloha events and blowing out random clubs to "win the ship" but also not getting dragged across the turf by top 3 national teams they shouldn't be playing. I think the losses to ML have been on the order of 9-4, 8-4 etc (and in tourney championship games) but can't remember. Just as a reference point.

Not trying to advertise here, just laying out facts. Definitely the most negative thing about it is that the "team unit" (even though they know each other well) doesn't work out enough together. The a la carte billing is good when you can't make a camp or tournament, but a little annoying when you have to pay for every single workout. That's capitalism I guess.

FYI I'm going to ignore any responses about how "mercenary travel ball is a waste." I have argued it both ways myself. As if traveling to a tournament with your "local club" with a roster of 32 kids and "surprise guest players" is what the creators of lacrosse intended.
Very fair assessment… nevermind the the trolls who will inevitably show up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 18is terrible. And no where near Top 25. The 2028 team hasn’t won a meaningful game, maybe ever

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North is also in that convo too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 18is terrible. And no where near Top 25. The 2028 team hasn’t won a meaningful game, maybe ever

6th grade club lax is a pay-to-play sport, not even counting the "mercenary teams", "guest players" "He's not 14 yet!" holdbacks, and blatant illegal roster subs that are characteristic of the top 25 or 50 teams nationally. Heck, even the heavily branded "Christian" team brings down subs from its A team to bolster its struggling B team. There is no such thing as a "meaningful game" in 6th grade. D1 recruiters will not be asking about which side of the "Team Eighteen - Madlax ADRLN Cup Championship Game of November 2021" your son was on. Or how many minutes your son played in the 6th grade HoCo championship game, for that matter.

A spin through tourney machine shows this group played their first game ever about 7 months ago. How many "meaningful" games did other elite clubs play in their first 7 months of existence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6th grade club lax is a pay-to-play sport, not even counting the "mercenary teams", "guest players" "He's not 14 yet!" holdbacks, and blatant illegal roster subs that are characteristic of the top 25 or 50 teams nationally. Heck, even the heavily branded "Christian" team brings down subs from its A team to bolster its struggling B team. There is no such thing as a "meaningful game" in 6th grade. D1 recruiters will not be asking about which side of the "Team Eighteen - Madlax ADRLN Cup Championship Game of November 2021" your son was on. Or how many minutes your son played in the 6th grade HoCo championship game, for that matter.

A spin through tourney machine shows this group played their first game ever about 7 months ago. How many "meaningful" games did other elite clubs play in their first 7 months of existence.

You just spent a lot of time writing about something you think is meaningless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 30 teams (minus National teams) as per US Club Lacrosse

91 Venom
Annapolis Hawks
2way
Madlax
3D NE
Express North
Akwesanse
Next Level
FCA Upstate
BBL Elite
Freedom
Laxachussetts
Team 91 Georgia
FCA MD
Rhino
Seattle Starz
Stars and Stripes
Rush
3D Colorado
4 Leaf
Colorado Kings
Legacy
Sweetlax Florida
True Illinois
Dukes Elite
Rebels
Express
Albany Power
Be The Best
True Annapolis

Some teams haven’t played any tough teams, others are mixed and some play nothing but the top teams. I have a hard time believing Express wouldn’t dominate teams like Stars and Stripes/Rhino/Seattle Starz

6 Long Island (only 1 in top 10)
5 DMV
5 New England

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ten best regular teams are:

1. Hawks
2. Texas nationals
3. 91 venom
4. Madlax
5. Express North
6. 3D NE
7. Next Level
8. BBL
9.2Way
10. FCA MD

Ak. Thunder, Freedom, laxachussetts, 91 GA are next 4.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You just spent a lot of time writing about something you think is meaningless.

He said that 1-time matchups in 6th grade are meaningless. Keep up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax rigging schedules for easy draws even in CT.

Hope the ringers show up for their sake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

scared ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a ML parent, but in their defense USCL now lists ML and ML National as separate teams, so it's not like they're hiding the fact that they play some tourneys with players who aren't part of their core team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Madlax rigging schedules for easy draws even in CT.

So true. Cakewalk through day 1 of the tournament. Only have to play 2 meaningful games (all on day 2) to get to the championship. Just like NAL they will show up fully rested while everyone else will have played at least 2 of not 3 very tough games on day 1. I'm sure the 4leaf and TN kids will be there too....sleep well ML team, your coach is scared to have you play real games and potentially lose so you get cupcake city again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One player.

4leaf kid and tx nationals defender are two the I SAW play at NAL. Not sure what you mean about "one player"....those were the "guests" that we know of. Again, SHADY organization. My son is friends with 4 leaf kid and even he said he is just a guest for certain tournaments. Your tx nationals d pole just played for Tx nationals in a tourney ML and TX nat were both in...I think it's clear what "team" he plays for. It's fine, bring your guests but don't try to act like it's not shady. To top it off your coach organizes cupcake schedules for you in NAL and PT event in CT this weekend. Every other coach knows he and the PT guy work together on schedules for NAL and this PT event. i

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a ML parent, but in their defense USCL now lists ML and ML National as separate teams, so it's not like they're hiding the fact that they play some tourneys with players who aren't part of their core team.

Well, kind of. They have the NAL games under Madlax Cap - which it clearly wasn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true. Cakewalk through day 1 of the tournament. Only have to play 2 meaningful games (all on day 2) to get to the championship. Just like NAL they will show up fully rested while everyone else will have played at least 2 of not 3 very tough games on day 1. I'm sure the 4leaf and TN kids will be there too....sleep well ML team, your coach is scared to have you play real games and potentially lose so you get cupcake city again.

Not surprised to see BBL moved out of their side. At least they chose this tourney over Hershey where they blow out all of the poor competition and then lose to NL in OT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys need to get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So Madlax runs the PrimeTime event?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not surprised to see BBL moved out of their side. At least they chose this tourney over Hershey where they blow out all of the poor competition and then lose to NL in OT.
If your kids read this they would be embarrassed to be yours….NL at its finest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son on ML 28 and I don't even know if the "guest" players are playing at the PT tournament. So how in God's name do you know? Also, I just checked the rosters and the 2 individuals in question are in fact on the roster which means they paid and are part of the team. It's not a secret.

Re the 4Leaf kid and "his friend"...I have to assume you are the Chad wearing the copious amounts of pastels playing for 4Leaf at Naptown? Um, no. 4Leaf wasn't there. You were playing on another team you paid to be part of for the summer tournaments. Get a life.

Lastly, re the schedule. PT is not a Madlax tourney so how is CM rigging the system? Please tell me how that is possible and what proof do you have showing that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son on ML 28 and I don't even know if the "guest" players are playing at the PT tournament. So how in God's name do you know? Also, I just checked the rosters and the 2 individuals in question are in fact on the roster which means they paid and are part of the team. It's not a secret.

Re the 4Leaf kid and "his friend"...I have to assume you are the Chad wearing the copious amounts of pastels playing for 4Leaf at Naptown? Um, no. 4Leaf wasn't there. You were playing on another team you paid to be part of for the summer tournaments. Get a life.

Lastly, re the schedule. PT is not a Madlax tourney so how is CM rigging the system? Please tell me how that is possible and what proof do you have showing that?

I love to rip on ML but this guy is correct for the most part.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love to rip on ML but this guy is correct for the most part.
If these kids are in the roster, how are they guest players? Sounds like they play for ML when they can. Someone said they played with them in Orlando, again this summer, maybe they’ll play with them in the fall. I’m no expert on 6th grade lacrisse, but sounds like these 2 kids are legitimate members of this team.

Do any NL or Hawks kids play for other teams? JM3, Team 18, Nationals LC, etc? Would that make those teams “shady?” Again, no expert, but it sounds like those boys and their parents see some benefit in their boys playing additional lacrosse with an elite level team. Heck, a kid from New Hampshire needs to travel to get decent competition. Either way, if you want to accuse kids of being mercenaries, whatever. But tough to say that a program is shady for having 2 out of town kids ON THE PERMANENT ROSTER.
By the way— BBL Black is NOT the team that was at Naptown. That was “BBL National.” Kids from sister program… good for them. Pull in some great players to make them better. Love that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hold on a sec. All the Wlite teams in this event caught one hood game, and two relatively “easy” games, nothing against Igloo, Sweetlax, PrimeTime, etc. Nobody got a “tough” draw in pool play.

Who is the Hawks 2nd “tough” game? Or 3d’s? Or BBL’s? They don’t have one… if it shakes out the way it should, Madlax and 3d Ne should come out if their side (Legacy out) and Hawks and BBL from their side (Ex North left out, or could swap spots w BBL).

Get a grip guys. Pool play not particularly tough for anyone other than the bottom half, and the bracket play will have 4 great teams in it. Hope everyone has fun this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One player.

4leaf kid and tx nationals defender are two the I SAW play at NAL. Not sure what you mean about "one player"....those were the "guests" that we know of. Again, SHADY organization. My son is friends with 4 leaf kid and even he said he is just a guest for certain tournaments. Your tx nationals d pole just played for Tx nationals in a tourney ML and TX nat were both in...I think it's clear what "team" he plays for. It's fine, bring your guests but don't try to act like it's not shady. To top it off your coach organizes cupcake schedules for you in NAL and PT event in CT this weekend. Every other coach knows he and the PT guy work together on schedules for NAL and this PT event. i
JeffG, move along… it’s getting old. Watch the cow pies in Hershey.

Like Reply Quote
Page 119 of 249 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 248 249
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard