BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18
Re: holdbacks
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Covid has changed the rules somewhat and made reclassing and PG years more prevalent

PG is all about elite boarding schools making u & son feel good about outperforming a kid 2-3 years younger-and u get to pay for it. Joke is on your wallet. Don’t use Covid as an excuse. Grow some and live like it is pre-Covid.

Jealous because he uses his money to improve his son, while you just sit on the hand-me-down couch your mommy gave you and drink cheap beer and whine to all the other losers.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What other states have high numbers of holdbacks outside the mid Atlantic and northeast?

West coast? Texas? Midwest? south?

I actually have not heard of any holdbacks on LI. I'm not saying that there are not any, I've just never heard of it. On one of my kids' teams, there's one kid born in Sept and one in Late August, and those are the oldest on the teams. The age cutoff for grades (December 1) I think is different from other areas as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What other states have high numbers of holdbacks outside the mid Atlantic and northeast?

I actually have not heard of any holdbacks on LI. I'm not saying that there are not any, I've just never heard of it. On one of my kids' teams, there's one kid born in Sept and one in Late August, and those are the oldest on the teams. The age cutoff for grades (December 1) I think is different from other areas as well.

And to be clear, the 2 "older" kids are in the same grade as everyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s what happens when they get held back…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s what happens when they get held back…

Ah. Sorry I was under the impression that holdback meant a full year older (rather than just a few months) or that kids were in different grades. Is that not right?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Covid has changed the rules somewhat and made reclassing and PG years more prevalent

PG is all about elite boarding schools making u & son feel good about outperforming a kid 2-3 years younger-and u get to pay for it. Joke is on your wallet. Don’t use Covid as an excuse. Grow some and live like it is pre-Covid.

Jealous because he uses his money to improve his son, while you just sit on the hand-me-down couch your mommy gave you and drink cheap beer and whine to all the other losers.

Funny. You are the know it all guy. Nobody can make an an observation without being this low class lost. Moving on, yes the PG years allows a player to look like a stud playing younger players. These type schools are part of the whole holdback problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny. You are the know it all guy. Nobody can make an an observation without being this low class lost. Moving on, yes the PG years allows a player to look like a stud playing younger players. These type schools are part of the whole holdback problem.

Oh, so you are the only ‘know it all guy.’ LoL
You have not only made a childish Logical Error, which you do not have the brain capacity to comprehend, but your massacre of English grammar shows your lack of basic language and communication skills.
Moving on …there are parents who actually use their resources to improve their children; now go back to your old couch ‘Jealous dad’ and have another beer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a HS club coach I prefer holdbacks to non holdbacks. The extra year is the difference between winning and losing in Club and their HS team. For you that dont like it, well that's your issue as majority of coaches want the older players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
holdback dads telling our kids to hit the wall to compete. How about your kid stays in his grade and works harder.

#bantheholdbacks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a HS club coach I prefer holdbacks to non holdbacks. The extra year is the difference between winning and losing in Club and their HS team. For you that dont like it, well that's your issue as majority of coaches want the older players.

This... Is what's wrong with the sport of lacrosse. Way to go.... Coach 😂

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
holdback dads telling our kids to hit the wall to compete. How about your kid stays in his grade and works harder.

#bantheholdbacks

Sorry your son cant compete on grade. Get with the program. Maybe have him try harder

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for your comment-your exposure is what we always knew to be true. You like holdbacks so you can beat younger players who are still developing physically & mentally. Congrats. If you are holding your son back for sports only, why?

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Omitted words as it goes against our community forum standards
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubt this is a coach- As a coach, I want players that can play and compete- regardless of color, national origin, and yes AGE- Age is a number that tells me NOTHING. I have seen too many holdbacks that end up being slightly larger, but a pain in the rear, immature and bad fundamentals, that end up crumbling on the sideline because they don't know how to face adversity when they face kids their own size or skill- this holdback advantage starts to even out the deeper you get into HS.

In fact, two equal players or even "close", who are say 1-1.5 years apart, I will take the younger player, as he has more room to grow (and I am not talking physically).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#bantheholdbacks

My son is not a holdback and competes at the elite level. My advice would be the same; hit the wall because holdbacks are the norm and are not going anywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#bantheholdbacks

My son is not a holdback and competes at the elite level. My advice would be the same; hit the wall because holdbacks are the norm and are not going anywhere.

What age?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#bantheholdbacks

Playing up is the way to get to the top. Hard short term and worth it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubt this is a coach- As a coach, I want players that can play and compete- regardless of color, national origin, and yes AGE- Age is a number that tells me NOTHING. I have seen too many holdbacks that end up being slightly larger, but a pain in the rear, immature and bad fundamentals, that end up crumbling on the sideline because they don't know how to face adversity when they face kids their own size or skill- this holdback advantage starts to even out the deeper you get into HS.

In fact, two equal players or even "close", who are say 1-1.5 years apart, I will take the younger player, as he has more room to grow (and I am not talking physically).

Thanks for the words of wisdom Kooper’s coach. And congratulations on your 1 and 8 season. lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#bantheholdbacks

What age?

Rising Freshman

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give it up guys - my son just completed his freshman year in the MIAA at the JV level and played against Juniors who were hold backs so they were really senior age - makes them better in my opinion. If your kid can’t hang go play baseball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing jv at mt st Joe doesn’t count

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give it up guys - my son just completed his freshman year in the MIAA at the JV level and played against Juniors who were hold backs so they were really senior age - makes them better in my opinion. If your kid can’t hang go play baseball.

👆

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Give it up guys - my son just completed his freshman year in the MIAA at the JV level and played against Juniors who were hold backs so they were really senior age - makes them better in my opinion. If your kid can’t hang go play baseball.

hammerhead. No one cares what happens in HS. Its the Youth & MS years that concern everyone due to the safety issues. Puberty vs non puberty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
highly doubt a holdback junior would be on JV

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Give it up guys - my son just completed his freshman year in the MIAA at the JV level and played against Juniors who were hold backs so they were really senior age - makes them better in my opinion. If your kid can’t hang go play baseball.

hammerhead. No one cares what happens in HS. Its the Youth & MS years that concern everyone due to the safety issues. Puberty vs non puberty.

Right bc all kids hit puberty at the same time. Obviously your kid plays soccer too!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Happened all the time at Loyola Blakefield?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CHC just played BL in the JV championship game. BOTH teams had plenty of juniors-some were probably senior age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol love calling out the trolls on this board. I detest to disappoint you but no JRs are permitted on the JV team at Loyola. If you doN’t make varsity as a JR you’re cut. Check CH JV roster or BL.

https://www.loyolablakefield.org/team-detail?Team=212115&SeasonLabel=2021%20-%202022

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol love calling out the trolls on this board. I detest to disappoint you but no JRs are permitted on the JV team at Loyola. If you doN’t make varsity as a JR you’re cut. Check CH JV roster or BL.

https://www.loyolablakefield.org/team-detail?Team=212115&SeasonLabel=2021%20-%202022

Previous years. Kids that were JRs they don’t put the grad year next to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No whining and just work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are ashamed to and should be. Cut em or play on Varsity as juniors. This is where CHC & BL keep them so they don't go to other schools to play and be developed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only freshman & sophomores play JV @ MSJ, unlike BL & CHC. Oh, that is why they were the top two teams in 2022. If not holding back, lets just put juniors on JV-just another loophole. BK will never tell you not to come to CHC, he will just delay putting any effort into developing you and keep you from Varsity for as long as possible. Instead he will keep you content by winning a JV title as a junior. They don't even pull this trick in public school. Why you ask? So he can inflate rosters to keep these kids instead of transferring to play elsewhere. He will string them along until the senior year until they don't see the field at all in most cases.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are no more a coach than a politician is honest. HS is about winning, that is it. Older players are mature and better players than same age . Of course occasionally there are exceptions. Not talking about them. The majority of MIAA are older players which is where the best go to play. Yes, if we lived in a fair world everyone would be on age, it isnt. I will take holdbacks each year and get more the next. At HS level having a team of college Freshman age is giving you an edge or at least competing against the ones that have the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your wrong schools that have Fresh/Soph teams often have Juniors on the JV squads

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
'You are no more a coach than a politician is honest. HS is about winning, that is it. Older players are mature and better players than same age . Of course occasionally there are exceptions. Not talking about them. The majority of MIAA are older players which is where the best go to play. Yes, if we lived in a fair world everyone would be on age, it isnt. I will take holdbacks each year and get more the next. At HS level having a team of college Freshman age is giving you an edge or at least competing against the ones that have the same.'

100% correct. It is not cheating, it is a fact of life. It is not just a MD thing either. It is all around the country, including "The Island". Nothing anyone can do about it unless a relevant governing body is created that implements programs like U.S. Soccer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
'You are no more a coach than a politician is honest. HS is about winning, that is it. Older players are mature and better players than same age . Of course occasionally there are exceptions. Not talking about them. The majority of MIAA are older players which is where the best go to play. Yes, if we lived in a fair world everyone would be on age, it isnt. I will take holdbacks each year and get more the next. At HS level having a team of college Freshman age is giving you an edge or at least competing against the ones that have the same.'

100% correct. It is not cheating, it is a fact of life. It is not just a MD thing either. It is all around the country, including "The Island". Nothing anyone can do about it unless a relevant governing body is created that implements programs like U.S. Soccer.

Preach brother man! It would be great if you could win with just "on age" players but the reality is you probably won't. holdbacks will help you win!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your wrong schools that have Fresh/Soph teams often have Juniors on the JV squads

JV is where you get hungry to start on varsity. Great spot to be on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only freshman & sophomores play JV @ MSJ, unlike BL & CHC. Oh, that is why they were the top two teams in 2022. If not holding back, lets just put juniors on JV-just another loophole. BK will never tell you not to come to CHC, he will just delay putting any effort into developing you and keep you from Varsity for as long as possible. Instead he will keep you content by winning a JV title as a junior. They don't even pull this trick in public school. Why you ask? So he can inflate rosters to keep these kids instead of transferring to play elsewhere. He will string them along until the senior year until they don't see the field at all in most cases.

100% accurate.

It's why one player went down last year and their season fell apart.

CH doesn't develop talent. They recruit more with empty promises and keep kids from going to the competition.

But parents are too slow to realize it. The smart parents are looking at incoming FR (JV/FreshSoph team) vs outgoing SR (Varsity team) roster numbers and seeing what programs don't throw away kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are no more a coach than a politician is honest. HS is about winning, that is it. Older players are mature and better players than same age . Of course occasionally there are exceptions. Not talking about them. The majority of MIAA are older players which is where the best go to play. Yes, if we lived in a fair world everyone would be on age, it isnt. I will take holdbacks each year and get more the next. At HS level having a team of college Freshman age is giving you an edge or at least competing against the ones that have the same.

Well said, Sir!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Holdbacks
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inside Lacrosse Breaking news:

“Age Based Classification coming to Youth Lacrosse”

To happen by Spring 2024, likely to occur by fall 2023.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...cation-is-coming-to-youth-lacrosse/60381

Sounds like NLF, US Lacrosse, True, 3Step are all on board.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Holdbacks
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% accurate.

It's why one player went down last year and their season fell apart.

CH doesn't develop talent. They recruit more with empty promises and keep kids from going to the competition.

But parents are too slow to realize it. The smart parents are looking at incoming FR (JV/FreshSoph team) vs outgoing SR (Varsity team) roster numbers and seeing what programs don't throw away kids.

Didn't CHC have not 1 but 2 kids start out on F/S teams and went on to make and play for National team!? Sounds like at least a little development....

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard