BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 70 1 2 3 4 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You have to love this 2017 forum. A new thread is started for the up coming year and we haven't missed a beat.

What is it about this age group? At least last year we didn't start up with these posts until after tryouts...

Agree.

My kid is part of this class of 2017. Youth lacrosse is over. Our kids are off to high school in a few weeks, I am sure we expect them to function as individuals on their own to feet and also act as young adults. Maybe we should do the same.

This is over, just let it go.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 had 6 D1 in the 2016 group and is on track for the same this year.

And how many are sons of the coaching staff or family ties to the coaching staff???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word is out that Channy is building a super team for the 2017 class. He is taking the core of the Terps Black and has recruited some tremendous defenders. It is going to be the premier club for sure this year. Very athletic team that can play at a high speed. Don't listen to 91 talk. None of the core Express are even thinking of leaving. They really like Channy and all believe they are better players over the course of the last year.

So the problem with your team was the defense? Hmmmm. Im sure their current "defenders" feel GREAT if they read your bonehead post. Worry about your own kid dummy. You speak like you know every player/parent lacrosse desires its really annoying and problem inaccurate.

Nothing against the defenders in place, was just noting that he is replacing the defenders that have left or are leaving with talented new kids

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You have to love this 2017 forum. A new thread is started for the up coming year and we haven't missed a beat.

What is it about this age group? At least last year we didn't start up with these posts until after tryouts...

this is a new year and a new nasty crowd:)

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
True Blue definitely has penty of D-1 potentials, problem is Most D1 coaches won't put up with selfish, and undiscipled behavior....

But if the kids put the ball in the goal they will..:)

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word is out that Channy is building a super team for the 2017 class. He is taking the core of the Terps Black and has recruited some tremendous defenders. It is going to be the premier club for sure this year. Very athletic team that can play at a high speed. Don't listen to 91 talk. None of the core Express are even thinking of leaving. They really like Channy and all believe they are better players over the course of the last year.

Spoken like a true Daddy of an attackman or middie, where there obviously wasn't any need to upgrade. What's the purpose of the tryouts anyway if "Channy" is already recruiting and building the team himself?

I heard Channy was recruiting defense to replace one of kids who left plus a couple more who were supposedly leaving for 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree.

My kid is part of this class of 2017. Youth lacrosse is over. Our kids are off to high school in a few weeks, I am sure we expect them to function as individuals on their own to feet and also act as young adults. Maybe we should do the same.

This is over, just let it go.

The whole reason we have anonymous forums is to rant lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't any Turtle dads going to chime in and claim rights to the Super Team ?

Rumor that terps are poaching some turtles

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spoken like a true Daddy of an attackman or middie, where there obviously wasn't any need to upgrade. What's the purpose of the tryouts anyway if "Channy" is already recruiting and building the team himself?

I heard Channy was recruiting defense to replace one of kids who left plus a couple more who were supposedly leaving for 91.

If this is true that some players are being "recruited" then it proves the argument that the whole open tryout process is a pre-determined money grab chirade or put another way a "Chammy".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this is true that some players are being "recruited" then it proves the argument that the whole open tryout process is a pre-determined money grab chirade or put another way a "Chammy".

I don't think it is a charade in total, They are looking to improve the team. The basic problem with this organization is that money drives everything. 100 tryout fee is ridiculous.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the Jesters A Team 2017? Also is there going to be an A and B team this year or just one team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think it is a charade in total, They are looking to improve the team. The basic problem with this organization is that money drives everything. 100 tryout fee is ridiculous.

Would like to see them hire some coaches that teach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the Jesters A Team 2017? Also is there going to be an A and B team this year or just one team?

There will be as many teams as they have enough kids to fill. More teams means more money for the director. This summer the 2017 A team was good but not a top 10 team on LI in the age group and was closer to a strong B team than a legitimate A team. They had a lot of kids turn down the invitation for the team after a very good turnout at last year's tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will be as many teams as they have enough kids to fill. More teams means more money for the director. This summer the 2017 A team was good but not a top 10 team on LI in the age group and was closer to a strong B team than a legitimate A team. They had a lot of kids turn down the invitation for the team after a very good turnout at last year's tryouts.

Jesters A were easily top 10 (not cracking top 5), and most of the kids they wanted accepted their roster spots, a couple went elsewhere. Your idea of reporting a fact is off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, totally inaccurate post! First off, the 2017 Jesters Black team was a very competitive A team this past summer. We're they in the top tier? No, but they were definitely right there with fl$, Outlaws, etc. Your assertion that several kids turned down the team after tryouts is completely false. Please have some sort of clue before you start spewing nonsense!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, totally inaccurate post! First off, the 2017 Jesters Black team was a very competitive A team this past summer. We're they in the top tier? No, but they were definitely right there with fl$, Outlaws, etc. Your assertion that several kids turned down the team after tryouts is completely false. Please have some sort of clue before you start spewing nonsense!

I personally know 4 kids that turned down spots on the 2017 Jesters A team including my own son! 4 that I know of and I will assume that there were a few more!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the pre tryout smack talk . I enjoy the various points if view. Really looking forward to the season ahead. I also heard that Channy is building a super team with best of Ferps and Turtles

And I'm sure the current coach of the turtles will have no issue with this! Nice try stirring the pot though........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I personally know 4 kids that turned down spots on the 2017 Jesters A team including my own son! 4 that I know of and I will assume that there were a few more!

I know a kid that turned down Duke, and another one that turned down UVA.........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh....if your son "turned down" the team they couldnt possibly be an "A" team! I am certain your 14 year old sets the bar for all of LI!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh....if your son "turned down" the team they couldnt possibly be an "A" team! I am certain your 14 year old sets the bar for all of LI!

The opinion of the team being a good A team was based ONLY from on field performance!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Key word there is opinion!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To be one of the 47 kids on terps black, terps regular, or the other 3 teams at express in the 2017.... Why would you want to "play" on another team that might not be a super team?? Hello.... It's about playing the best competition as an individual, not winning some made up championship and getting limited playing time at best.... So silly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you think the kids plays on Terps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you're delusional

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Tenacious Turtles still going to be a team this year? Also how much does Express cost to be on? What are the top teams of 2017 in Long Island to tryout for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Tenacious Turtles still going to be a team this year? Also how much does Express cost to be on? What are the top teams of 2017 in Long Island to tryout for?

Outlaws had 80 kids at tryouts today. Solid group. Still have another tryout in a few weeks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody going to Nat 175

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody going to Nat 175

Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody get Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip Fall invite yet? His twitter said they would begin to be sent out yesterday. Also happen to be same weekend as the Philly Freshmen Showcase (Nov. 23rd) which a lot of kids are going to. I know some of those acceptances have already been received.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually did not know there was a fall Blue Chip, unless you mean the one over the winter in FL.

My son did get an invitation last year but we saved our pennies and didnt send him (3d). Will try again this year as the camps are becoming more relevant.

He was also accepted to National 175 and I will be sending him. This will be his first "Showcase" so its nice to go to something local and give him the experience to build on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually did not know there was a fall Blue Chip, unless you mean the one over the winter in FL.

My son did get an invitation last year but we saved our pennies and didnt send him (3d). Will try again this year as the camps are becoming more relevant.

He was also accepted to National 175 and I will be sending him. This will be his first "Showcase" so its nice to go to something local and give him the experience to build on.

There is a Jake Reed Fall Showcase, see below. And according to his twitter site, invites have started to go out. I think Philly Showcase and Nat'l 175 are better Fall showcases than Jake Reed, but Maverick, Jake Reed and Black Card are the best individual showcases in the summer.

From website: Jake Reed Fall Nike Blue Chip

Dates: November 23-24, 2013

Location: Mecklenburg County Sportsplex, 1505 Tank Town Road, Matthews, NC 28105

Eligible Players: Current Freshman (2017 grads) current Sophomores (2016 grads) current Juniors (2015 grads) and current Seniors (2014 grads)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Opinions - is it wiser to have your son be the 5th or 6th attackman on a very well known team or even the stud of the "b" team of said organization or move on to a lesser known organizations "a" team and be the focus. Considering a move and would like some feedback.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Opinions - is it wiser to have your son be the 5th or 6th attackman on a very well known team or even the stud of the "b" team of said organization or move on to a lesser known organizations "a" team and be the focus. Considering a move and would like some feedback.

5th or 6th attackman rarely ever get on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say go to the situation where they give a crap about your kid and hes gonna get quality coaching and a chance to compete. You might also want to consider where he wants to go, I know its a crazy idea but if the kid isnt happy whats the point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say go to the situation where they give a crap about your kid and hes gonna get quality coaching and a chance to compete. You might also want to consider where he wants to go, I know its a crazy idea but if the kid isnt happy whats the point.

If the team has a lot of practice time and the coaches are decent, I would have him play with the stronger team. (Playing with the stronger kids in practice will help your son).

That said, only do it if you son is happy there.

Just an opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just my opinion.
Kids need to be on the field getting touches in game situations. I would place my son on a team that provided him that opportunity.
Practicing with better kids is all well and good, they need on field experience at this age.
Don't let your ego of A v B get in the way of your player being on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a Jake Reed Fall Showcase, see below. And according to his twitter site, invites have started to go out. I think Philly Showcase and Nat'l 175 are better Fall showcases than Jake Reed, but Maverick, Jake Reed and Black Card are the best individual showcases in the summer.

Location: Mecklenburg County Sportsplex, 1505 Tank Town Road, Matthews, NC 28105

Eligible Players: Current Freshman (2017 grads) current Sophomores (2016 grads) current Juniors (2015 grads) and current Seniors (2014 grads)

Anybody in 2017 age group get the invite already per above for Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip Fall event on November 23-24, 2013?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anybody in 2017 age group get the invite already per above for Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip Fall event on November 23-24, 2013?

Yes still thinking about going or not though

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just my opinion.
Kids need to be on the field getting touches in game situations. I would place my son on a team that provided him that opportunity.
Practicing with better kids is all well and good, they need on field experience at this age.
Don't let your ego of A v B get in the way of your player being on the field.

I think your better off being the 5th or 6th guy on a good team. You will get more looks from colleges that way. Being the stud of a team no one is watching doesn't further your objectives. Make the most of the playing time you do get.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes still thinking about going or not though
Philly Showcase for Freshman is the same weekend and I think much better and more well attended by colleges. No question Jake Reed is summer is important, Fall not so sure.

Page 2 of 70 1 2 3 4 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard