BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 79 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am all for cheering for public schools vs private so I am happy for the win but still tough to cheer for Radnor, the are like private school light.....

Yeah not exactly. Radnor is a public school - no recruiting, no holdbacks, limited funding for their program compared to the inter ac and other private schools. Radnor is so good because of their youth program which has been great for decades now and their coaching. And yet, they still lose tons of players to private schools every year - many private schools' best players are from Radnor and played in theit youth program. I think that it's hard for you to cheer for them because you are either a private school parent or the parent of a struggling public school. I'm sure you would have said the same thing for Conestoga and Springfield in the early and mid 2010's. Give those boys some credit.

Springfield is the only area that can boast their youth programs funnel right up to high school success. They have a true culture. Radnor youth programs are nothing except well funded. Also, if the youth programs were the key then WC East, Rustin and Henderson would all be undefeated as WC youth lax is a whole different level. I give Radnor high props but don't act like their kids are all on age (I know two personally that started school late and know through them of others) or the youth programs leads to their success. The deep pocketed parents paying for year round training are the key.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Malvern lost some top players in the country this year but they still have plenty of talent. I would agree that Haverford is the favorite. I think this is LaSalle's year in AAA. Allentown Central Catholic looks like they will be the team to beat in AA but don't count out WC Rustin....some great playmakers.
Watch out for SCH in the InterAc. The aid floodgates for opened for next year as they are adding some strong transfers and a loaded incoming freshman class. they won't be up with Malvern and Haverford, but will surpass EA.

EA has a spectacular FOGO that can be a real difference maker with possession as the rest of their team isn't on par with Haverford or Malvern this year. Very Lehigh"esque." Not the overall talent of most teams but always get possession.

I can't see much changing this spring in the interac:
1 HS (too deep, too talented)
2 MP (ditto)
3 EA (best of the rest)
4 GA (virtually all starters returning but...)
5 SCH (0-10 league record last year, have to be better)
6 PC (finished 5 last year but graduated key players from that team)

halfway through interac season and things playing out as scripted:
MP 5-0
HS 4-1
EA 3-2
GA 2-3
SCH 1-4
PC 0-5

Final Standings (it would appear that theboy schools have an advantage)
MP
HS
EA
PC
GA
SCH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am all for cheering for public schools vs private so I am happy for the win but still tough to cheer for Radnor, the are like private school light.....

Yeah not exactly. Radnor is a public school - no recruiting, no holdbacks, limited funding for their program compared to the inter ac and other private schools. Radnor is so good because of their youth program which has been great for decades now and their coaching. And yet, they still lose tons of players to private schools every year - many private schools' best players are from Radnor and played in theit youth program. I think that it's hard for you to cheer for them because you are either a private school parent or the parent of a struggling public school. I'm sure you would have said the same thing for Conestoga and Springfield in the early and mid 2010's. Give those boys some credit.

Springfield is the only area that can boast their youth programs funnel right up to high school success. They have a true culture. Radnor youth programs are nothing except well funded. Also, if the youth programs were the key then WC East, Rustin and Henderson would all be undefeated as WC youth lax is a whole different level. I give Radnor high props but don't act like their kids are all on age (I know two personally that started school late and know through them of others) or the youth programs leads to their success. The deep pocketed parents paying for year round training are the key.

Springfield Vs Radnor tonight at 7 pm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe that Avon Grove has a similar youth program that feeds singularly into the high school.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe that Avon Grove has a similar youth program that feeds singularly into the high school.

They lose to many kids to Sallies.....they and Kennett would probably still be alive if all the kids stayed put.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big upset - Garnet valley takes down Lasalle, What happened to Lasalle. Second year in a row that they get knocked out in first round. Looked great at start of season. Big win over Radnor and looked to be contender for state championship. Talented face off kid struggled against GV player, one line of middies not enough, big shooter attackman on the sideline. Defense kept them in the game. Looks to be Radnors year again. Springfield might give them a fight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Garnet Valley the favorite in PIAA? Not counting Lasalle....

Garnet is stacked again, hopefully for them it doesn't come down to coaching or it will be a familiar result....

Neither of these comments from a few months ago are aging well. Big win for GV yesterday. Radnor is likely the favorite at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Garnet Valley the favorite in PIAA? Not counting Lasalle....

Garnet is stacked again, hopefully for them it doesn't come down to coaching or it will be a familiar result....

Neither of these comments from a few months ago are aging well. Big win for GV yesterday. Radnor is likely the favorite at this point.

Springfield vs Radnor re-match for state title

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Springfield vs Radnor re-match for state title

Springfield and Radnor are on a collision course to meet in the semi-final. Should be an awesome game.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Main Line Vs the heart of Delco!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Radnor vs. Garnet Valley for the state championship on Saturday at noon. While Radnor is likely the favorite, GV has upped their game to the next level over the last month. Should be a good one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Radnor vs. Garnet Valley for the state championship on Saturday at noon. While Radnor is likely the favorite, GV has upped their game to the next level over the last month. Should be a good one.

State champ was weeks ago. MP won.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MP keepin' it classy...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is saying Radnor or GV would beat Malvern, but we also aren't paying for those wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you Captain Obvious. You must be a first year MP dad whose kid didn’t crack the varsity lineup but felt like that check you wrote for $38k earns you the rite to flex on this page. Either that or you’re a hammerhead MP freshman taking a break between popping zits to post a typical lax bro meathead response.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you Captain Obvious. You must be a first year MP dad whose kid didn’t crack the varsity lineup but felt like that check you wrote for $38k earns you the rite to flex on this page. Either that or you’re a hammerhead MP freshman taking a break between popping zits to post a typical lax bro meathead response.

State Champs with no geographical boundaries or age requirements....you sound about as big a DB as the St Joe Prep parents when they win in football...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
State Champs with no geographical boundaries or age requirements....you sound about as big a DB as the St Joe Prep parents when they win in football...[/quote]

As the parent of boys in public school I agree on the geography, but there are no age requirements in public schools either. My one son is a june bday and has plenty of kids his grade that are a year+ older than him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does a kid that graduated last week make the UA team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
State Champs with no geographical boundaries or age requirements....you sound about as big a DB as the St Joe Prep parents when they win in football...

As the parent of boys in public school I agree on the geography, but there are no age requirements in public schools either. My one son is a june bday and has plenty of kids his grade that are a year+ older than him.[/quote]

Maybe there is no requirements, but there will be much fewer holdbacks in publics! Tax dollars will not allow kids to be held back on a parents whim. It Has to be a very valid reason and sports do not count!

holdback scenario is more of an elitist “play”. Ones who can afford privates and pay to holdback and it is the norm. Pay fir a clear advantage! Needs to stop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As the parent of boys in public school I agree on the geography, but there are no age requirements in public schools either. My one son is a june bday and has plenty of kids his grade that are a year+ older than him.

Maybe there is no requirements, but there will be much fewer holdbacks in publics! Tax dollars will not allow kids to be held back on a parents whim. It Has to be a very valid reason and sports do not count!

holdback scenario is more of an elitist “play”. Ones who can afford privates and pay to holdback and it is the norm. Pay fir a clear advantage! Needs to stop.[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

holdback scenario is more of an elitist “play”. Ones who can afford privates and pay to holdback and it is the norm. Pay fir a clear advantage! Needs to stop.
[/quote]

Parents put up one year's catholic school tuition to have their son do 8th grade again and then re-enter the public HS. Elitist? Not really. It worked for a starting middie for the national champions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As the parent of boys in public school I agree on the geography, but there are no age requirements in public schools either. My one son is a june bday and has plenty of kids his grade that are a year+ older than him.[/quote]

PIAA rules do have age requirements though they don't really kick in until you have a double holdback or more commonly the holdback and reclassed kid:
To be eligible to participate in grades 10 through 12, you must not have reached your 19th birthday by June 30 immediately preceding the school year. Where you will participate only in grades 7 and 8, you may not have reached 15th birthday by June 30 immediately preceding the school year; where you will participate only in grades 7 through 9, you may not have reached your 16th birthday by June 30 immediately preceding the school year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents put up one year's catholic school tuition to have their son do 8th grade again and then re-enter the public HS. Elitist? Not really. It worked for a starting middie for the national champions.[/quote]

Catholic schools are part of PIAA. If you repeat 8th grade, you aren't going to be eligible your senior year:

Period of Time After Eighth Grade, Participation, and Grade Repetition
Your athletic eligibility extends only until you have reached the end of your fourth consecutive year (8 th consecutive semester or the equivalent) beyond the eighth grade. Therefore, if you repeat a grade after eighth, you will be ineligible as a senior. Additionally, you may participate in (1) a maximum of six seasons in each sport during grades seven through twelve, (2) a maximum of four seasons in each sport during grades nine through twelve, and (3) a maximum of three seasons in each sport during grades seven through nine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents put up one year's catholic school tuition to have their son do 8th grade again and then re-enter the public HS. Elitist? Not really. It worked for a starting middie for the national champions.

Catholic schools are part of PIAA. If you repeat 8th grade, you aren't going to be eligible your senior year:

Period of Time After Eighth Grade, Participation, and Grade Repetition
Your athletic eligibility extends only until you have reached the end of your fourth consecutive year (8 th consecutive semester or the equivalent) beyond the eighth grade. Therefore, if you repeat a grade after eighth, you will be ineligible as a senior. Additionally, you may participate in (1) a maximum of six seasons in each sport during grades seven through twelve, (2) a maximum of four seasons in each sport during grades nine through twelve, and (3) a maximum of three seasons in each sport during grades seven through nine.[/quote]

That's funny. Then how did he win a state championship his senior year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

holdback scenario is more of an elitist “play”. Ones who can afford privates and pay to holdback and it is the norm. Pay fir a clear advantage! Needs to stop.[/quote]

There are absolutely age restrictions in public and Inter-Ac schools. I believe both are you cannot turn 19 prior to July 1 entering your senior year. The difference being Inter-ac don’t enforce the age restriction or just call it a “post grad” year. Also, many catholic high schools are in the PIAA but almost none of their grade schools are so many kids are repeating in catholic grade schools or cyber schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another year of UA Philly Tryout Shenanigans. The Command Division had a dad evaluator. Yep a dad with a clipboard evaluating his own son and other players at his sons position. And take a wild guess whose son made the team…ahead of several better players at the same position. Can’t make this stuff up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another year of UA Philly Tryout Shenanigans. The Command Division had a dad evaluator. Yep a dad with a clipboard evaluating his own son and other players at his sons position. And take a wild guess whose son made the team…ahead of several better players at the same position. Can’t make this stuff up.

Who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m sure you have a great eye for talent. Keep telling your kid it’s not his fault and he was cheated…..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who?

What position ? Who ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just my opinion but the best attackman in the area isn't on the "Highlight" team. Not sure if he tried out, but its glaring to me if he is not on the squad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You talking about the kid from ANC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No.....and it pains me to say this because they steal players from all over the area but it is the rising junior attackman from Malvern. That kid physically dominates and opens it up for other players. Again...not sure if he tried out and his style may not have been what the coaches were looking for but he would be my first pick if I was building a Philly squad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kid from ANC is legit. Kid from Malvern didn't tryout. UA is dying a nice slow death because they refuse to adapt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UA tryouts have always been political/biased. Why would this year be any different?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It isn't different by a long shot. What is becoming different are the number of coaches that no longer go to the games but only the tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No.....and it pains me to say this because they steal players from all over the area but it is the rising junior attackman from Malvern. That kid physically dominates and opens it up for other players. Again...not sure if he tried out and his style may not have been what the coaches were looking for but he would be my first pick if I was building a Philly squad.

He didn't try out if you are talking about #6.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have insight into why the Nike ASG 2025 Philly roster is almost at 2026 kids from Tigers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have insight into why the Nike ASG 2025 Philly roster is almost at 2026 kids from Tigers?
I know that all the reports from last year's games were negative...probably couldn't fill the roster otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Caught the ANC kid Akino down at NHSLS against St. John’s in which they lost by a goal or two and he was phenomenal. Not the biggest, fastest, best dodger etc. but by far the best all around player on the field. Really thin but if he can put on weight could be really good at the next level.

Like Reply Quote
Page 46 of 79 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard