BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 56 of 112 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at team list for the 2 tournaments, it looks like Maryland Cup has Hero's, YJB, Top Guns and FLG

Summer Club Championship has M&D, Aces, YJA and Eagle Stix

The latter looks really tough.

The Maryland Cup should be set up for Hero's . It's not very strong.

Hero's 27 looks like the only Hero's team not playing at Summer Club Championship. Did something happen at the 27 level?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG could give Hero's a run

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
skywalkers aren't good at 27. There's not many clubs good at every year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Things change, they will continue to add players. There are several Heros and M&D kids who are going to get cut who will be happy to land there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have improved significantly over the last 6 months and will likely add some players next week.

By this time next year, they’ll be a solid A team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEMS had Team England's women's team give a clinic the other night. Great event.
I’m sure it wasn’t free and done for the good of the game.

It was a couple hours with world-class athletes. Good event for NEMS and a nice little fundraiser for Team England as they travel.

Getting a world team working with young ladies aspiring to be great is pretty cool.

And fortunately, it was optional for those who didn’t have $30 to drop on such a “frivolous” event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Things change, they will continue to add players. There are several Heros and M&D kids who are going to get cut who will be happy to land there.

If I’m a mid bench M&D black or HG player(s) and don’t see the field more than 25% of game, I’m definitely looking at Skywalkers, Coppermine, tlc, etc.

Rather contribute via playing than cheering on sidelines

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I’m a mid bench M&D black or HG player(s) and don’t see the field more than 25% of game, I’m definitely looking at Skywalkers, Coppermine, tlc, etc.

No such thing as mid bench.
Starters.
Contributors and end of bench.
End of bench won’t help much at big 3. They have 2/3 of their teams that are very good. The bottom 3rd rotates around until they find a productive role at a lesser club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd guess if you are a top player on a mid level A team or top B team, this might be your last chance to land on Hero's or M&D. It gets harder once you get past 8th grade.

I'd assume both of their tryouts will have lots of talent show up.

But those teams can be picky. If you're already at the top of the food chain, you're only grabbing difference makers.

Teams like Coppermine, Nems and Skywalkers need plenty of help so the chances of landing with them are higher.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEMS had Team England's women's team give a clinic the other night. Great event.

It was a couple hours with world-class athletes. Good event for NEMS and a nice little fundraiser for Team England as they travel.

Getting a world team working with young ladies aspiring to be great is pretty cool.

And fortunately, it was optional for those who didn’t have $30 to drop on such a “frivolous” event.
So, it was all about the $$$ for England! Did M&D charge their players to scrimmage China? No wonder the NEMS program is going downhill fast!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd guess if you are a top player on a mid level A team or top B team, this might be your last chance to land on Hero's or M&D. It gets harder once you get past 8th grade.

But those teams can be picky. If you're already at the top of the food chain, you're only grabbing difference makers.

Teams like Coppermine, Nems and Skywalkers need plenty of help so the chances of landing with them are higher.

It's also important when trying out to determine how much you want to play. If you make M&D or Hero's, you are playing a lot of tournaments. And going deep in tournaments means you play 50 plus games.

If that's what your daughter wants, those teams are obvious choices to try out for.

But even below them, there are teams that offer a lot of games. Renegades, FCA and Skywalkers all play in lots of tournaments. Good choices as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or they will grab someone’s top players to use to load their back end spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's also important when trying out to determine how much you want to play. If you make M&D or Hero's, you are playing a lot of tournaments. And going deep in tournaments means you play 50 plus games.

If that's what your daughter wants, those teams are obvious choices to try out for.

But even below them, there are teams that offer a lot of games. Renegades, FCA and Skywalkers all play in lots of tournaments. Good choices as well.

Renegades only a good option for Frederick peeps. Fca is not a good option for high end play or going deep in tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, it was all about the $$$ for England! Did M&D charge their players to scrimmage China? No wonder the NEMS program is going downhill fast!

Voluntary to pay to help out the English team. They all tried to raise some funds to play in this tournament. Nems didn’t make money and it didn’t benefit them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There’s going to be a lot of movement on teams from the top A all the way down.

Grass looking awful greener this time of year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any truth to the rumor a lot of TLC players are looking at SW? Did SW really get a defender from Hero’s Green or White? Any other clubs hear of a great amount of girls looking at their team? Any clubs without B teams trying to attract enough to develop one? I believe only Hero’s as two playing in A but SW, M&D, and TLC currently have two? Trying to get a lay of the land to determine with teams my daughter should look at since would like to possibly move from her B team without an A team to an A team that she might get solid PT or at least a 3rd of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any truth to the rumor a lot of TLC players are looking at SW? Did SW really get a defender from Hero’s Green or White? Any other clubs hear of a great amount of girls looking at their team? Any clubs without B teams trying to attract enough to develop one? I believe only Hero’s as two playing in A but SW, M&D, and TLC currently have two? Trying to get a lay of the land to determine with teams my daughter should look at since would like to possibly move from her B team without an A team to an A team that she might get solid PT or at least a 3rd of the game.

TLC not very strong. If they want to leave for SW, there is no guarantee they make it. SW is looking for players. But thinking B tier team like TLC can provide any is a stretch.

Any Hero defenders or players potentially leaving for SW means they probably are players not seeing the field. Otherwise, why leave a top club for one trying to find better players unless you were at the bottom of Hero’s.

Good luck on your daughter's tryouts. Hopefully she finds the right fit. There are lots of options for aspiring players. Only M&D and Hero's Green (not White) are ultra hard to make.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TLC has one outstanding player and two very good players. Other than that, the team is mostly B quality players or lower. I expect the top players to leave resulting in TLC being much worse next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Biggest question mark to me at the 2027 level this offseason is NEMS and Coppermine. Despite the 2021 NGLL playoff berth, it was result of scheduling more than anything else.

NEMS finished 2020 ranked #8, currently #18. Key players missing games for other sports.

Coppermine finished 2020 ranked #12, currently #22.

Do the top players go to SW, HG or M&D or ride it out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Biggest question mark to me at the 2027 level this offseason is NEMS and Coppermine. Despite the 2021 NGLL playoff berth, it was result of scheduling more than anything else.

NEMS finished 2020 ranked #8, currently #18. Key players missing games for other sports.

Coppermine finished 2020 ranked #12, currently #22.

Do the top players go to SW, HG or M&D or ride it out?

NEMS has at best 2 players who could contribute at HG or M&D Black. Not sure Coppermine has any who would see the field in a big game.

I actually think Coppermine is a very well coached team and that coach is getting everything she can out of the girls. Based on pure talent, they should be well below 22. That being said, they don't have a difference maker on the team so I expect that team to come close to staying in tact.

I think there is a big perception on this board that SW is easier to make than it is. The team isn't that far away. Biggest positon they need to upgrade is goalie and defense. Problem is that there aren't exactly lots of great goalies or Ds at these middle tier A teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel like every team needs better defenders, just so hard to find. You may see some middies moved to defenders as they get older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TLC not very strong. If they want to leave for SW, there is no guarantee they make it. SW is looking for players. But thinking B tier team like TLC can provide any is a stretch.

Any Hero defenders or players potentially leaving for SW means they probably are players not seeing the field. Otherwise, why leave a top club for one trying to find better players unless you were at the bottom of Hero’s.

Good luck on your daughter's tryouts. Hopefully she finds the right fit. There are lots of options for aspiring players. Only M&D and Hero's Green (not White) are ultra hard to make.

It is a HG defender that is leaving. There are a couple of weaker defenders on HG, but the one that is leaving is not one of them. Not sure why she is leaving, but it is a great pickup for SWB.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is a HG defender that is leaving. There are a couple of weaker defenders on HG, but the one that is leaving is not one of them. Not sure why she is leaving, but it is a great pickup for SWB.

Generally when a defender moves to a lesser team at this age level its because of 1 of 2 reasons

1) They don't want to be a defender anyone, they want a team where they play midfield

2) They aren't playing on their current team.

But if a HG starting defender is leaving to go to SWB to play defense. That is a massive gain for SW.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is there will be a lot of girls at the SW tryouts next week, they need some help at mid to win more draws and depth on D.

SW doesn’t only play their best players most of the game like some clubs, they try to develop everyone during middle school. When they subbed, they got exposed and gave up too many easy goals but it’s 13 year old lax and they need experience to improve as players on blue, white or elsewhere.

Covid was tough for the 27s, their main coach had to step away for health reasons, had rotating coaches and missed out on development. With new staff they have really improved over last 6-9 months and are on right path.

It is a long journey, sit back and support your daughters and enjoy the ride. Find the best spot for her and she’ll be happy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Generally when a defender moves to a lesser team at this age level its because of 1 of 2 reasons

1) They don't want to be a defender anyone, they want a team where they play midfield

But if a HG starting defender is leaving to go to SWB to play defense. That is a massive gain for SW.

She's not a starter. But still a solid player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girls that start on HG are not necessarily the best or strongest players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She's not a starter. But still a solid player

Hero’s losing any starters?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girls that start on HG are not necessarily the best or strongest players.

Ouch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes. especially in a 20 minute championship game. Kinda stinks they don't play each other in pool play.

Also, Steps CA may be the most athletic 7th grade team I have ever seen. Don;'t think they can string 6 wins in a row to win the title, but they can beat anyone on any given day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes. especially in a 20 minute championship game. Kinda stinks they don't play each other in pool play.

Also, Steps CA may be the most athletic 7th grade team I have ever seen. Don;'t think they can string 6 wins in a row to win the title, but they can beat anyone on any given day.

Outside of Steps White, M&D, YJA, Im not sure they've played a team inside top-40.

TJA one goal victory is an attention getter for sure.

Will be a good challenge this weekend for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotta say, I'm going to miss LBC, best looking uniforms I think in state. Reminds me of those early 2000 Maryland B-ball teams, in fact I'm sure that was done by design.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are not as athletic as Aces, M&D or any of the top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outside of Steps White, M&D, YJA, Im not sure they've played a team inside top-40.

TJA one goal victory is an attention getter for sure.

Will be a good challenge this weekend for them.

I am not talking about talent as a team-- just eye test. I saw them play twice at Lax for The Cure and their team speed is unmatched at this level. They could still go 1-3 in the tourney, but they are the type of team no one will want to play. Unless you are playing a team a couple years older, you just can't simulate this kind of speed in practice.

The reason they beast YJA is because of the speed mismatch. YJA is likely the slowest team of the top 10 national 27 teams and Steps took advantage of it. Most of their goals were off transition for a clear a draw or a turnover.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw on Facebook Coppmine welcomed Janine Tucker so all the rumors and speculations were true. Glad she will stay involved with local lacrosse but wonder how this impacts their tryouts next week? Feel M&D and Hero’s attract the top girls but wonder if this helps Coppmine over NEMS, SW and TLC which all draw from the same girls. Curious to see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw on Facebook Coppmine welcomed Janine Tucker so all the rumors and speculations were true. Glad she will stay involved with local lacrosse but wonder how this impacts their tryouts next week? Feel M&D and Hero’s attract the top girls but wonder if this helps Coppmine over NEMS, SW and TLC which all draw from the same girls. Curious to see.

Doubt it attracts new players, but will probaly help keeping the best players they already have, especially on some of their younger age groups which are top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubt it attracts new players, but will probaly help keeping the best players they already have, especially on some of their younger age groups which are top teams.

Seems it was the world's worst kept secret and I just don't get how this is some giant splash that would attract kids to Coppermine. The 2028 team is by far their best grad classs, they need to do whatever they can to keep those kids together.

Coppermine 2027 was really been heading wrong direction since 5th grade, losing to the 28s last week has to be lowpoint.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems it was the world's worst kept secret and I just don't get how this is some giant splash that would attract kids to Coppermine. The 2028 team is by far their best grad classs, they need to do whatever they can to keep those kids together.

Coppermine 2027 was really been heading wrong direction since 5th grade, losing to the 28s last week has to be lowpoint.

What is it that she'll be doing with the club? "Coordinator and consultant" is vague. For those already bought in, it's a feather in the cap...but I'm not sure this announcement is enough for those who were considering going elsewhere to be swayed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah I guess she will use her personal experience with these coaches to help recruiting for the kids, but to me, if you are at an established club, they already have someone who has been doing exactly that for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is it that she'll be doing with the club? "Coordinator and consultant" is vague. For those already bought in, it's a feather in the cap...but I'm not sure this announcement is enough for those who were considering going elsewhere to be swayed?

of course it is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m not a huge fan of nems as a program but I’ll say this, the 27 team and head coach are solid. Not sure if they’ll keep the team together but Erin did great job w the team over the years

Page 56 of 112 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard