BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 79 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 78 79
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is Oscar worthy! New form of cheating in the sport. Highly frustrating to watch. Not a reputation I would want my kid to have.

Can we talk about the illegal sticks being used, and why no stick checks in club?
What are you talking about? A coach can ask for a stick check at any time during the game. If your daughter is complaining that she is losing the draws because of the opponents stick, she is either making excuses when she loses and you are letting her, or you are not empowering her to ask coach/ref for a stick check. Either way it’s on you and not on the “system”

My daughter isn't even a draw player so just relax lol.

I'll find out why our coaches weren't granted a stick check at Hershey but it was clear on video the stick was illegal.

Curious too why they wouldn’t be granted one but out of curiousity what made it clear on video that the stick was illegal

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s the American 🇺🇸 way- we love the underdogs and detest the winners- unless you are that winner. Coppermine does nothing different than any of the other clubs including my daughter’s club. We have played them many times and no different than M&D, Hero’s Green, MDU or Crush which in my opinion round out the 5 best 28’s in the area. The best kids have always practiced or guest played with clubs before finding their permanent club and were doing it back when my oldest played club over 7 years ago. All other girls go to tryouts. At least with the growth of the sport I don’t see has any out of state girls coming to play just the Summer Tournament Season with local clubs like they did with certain clubs in the past. Please don’t let these bitter parents on here defer anyone for going to tryouts for whichever club you think is the best fit for your daughter whether one of those mentioned Big 5 or any other club. Do your own research, speak to the coaches, meet the teams / players, see the development others girls are getting and do what is best for your daughter. I see a lot of bitterness, jealousy and hear a lot of excuses on here. Wish I knew which teams some of these parents had their kids on because I would stay away from those teams honestly. I personally love the newer competition my 28 daughter has as compared to my older 2 girls where it always came down to the same 3 or 4 teams every year and tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s the American 🇺🇸 way- we love the underdogs and detest the winners- unless you are that winner. Coppermine does nothing different than any of the other clubs including my daughter’s club. We have played them many times and no different than M&D, Hero’s Green, MDU or Crush which in my opinion round out the 5 best 28’s in the area. The best kids have always practiced or guest played with clubs before finding their permanent club and were doing it back when my oldest played club over 7 years ago. All other girls go to tryouts. At least with the growth of the sport I don’t see has any out of state girls coming to play just the Summer Tournament Season with local clubs like they did with certain clubs in the past. Please don’t let these bitter parents on here defer anyone for going to tryouts for whichever club you think is the best fit for your daughter whether one of those mentioned Big 5 or any other club. Do your own research, speak to the coaches, meet the teams / players, see the development others girls are getting and do what is best for your daughter. I see a lot of bitterness, jealousy and hear a lot of excuses on here. Wish I knew which teams some of these parents had their kids on because I would stay away from those teams honestly. I personally love the newer competition my 28 daughter has as compared to my older 2 girls where it always came down to the same 3 or 4 teams every year and tournament.

Well said and totally agree. The top 5 are all at the top for similar reasons, however their differences are what will make one a better fit for one player over another. Research is key to find out which one the best fit....and BEYOND this forum kind of research. The additional talented teams at the 28 level make for a better experience and more opportunities for everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it better to be on a lower level A team or on a B team from a bigger club, like Coppermine, M&D, Skywalkers? Are any of the B teams good?

I can speak from experience…. Keep your daughter on an “A” team if possible. Mine was on a very good white team who beat the “A” teams of clubs like Integrity, Renegades, MDU, Coppermine, TLC and other out of state teams’ “A” teams. The problem begins to show when you play outside of maryland. Tournaments will put you in lower brackets and there’s nothing your club director can do about it. It stinks in high school because there’s just not as many coaches at the games. I’ve seen more coaches at Integrity, Pride and Coppermine games then ours and we beat them very very solidly.

So if you’re on somewhat of a decent “A” team stay there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is Oscar worthy! New form of cheating in the sport. Highly frustrating to watch. Not a reputation I would want my kid to have.

Can we talk about the illegal sticks being used, and why no stick checks in club?
What are you talking about? A coach can ask for a stick check at any time during the game. If your daughter is complaining that she is losing the draws because of the opponents stick, she is either making excuses when she loses and you are letting her, or you are not empowering her to ask coach/ref for a stick check. Either way it’s on you and not on the “system”

I'll find out why our coaches weren't granted a stick check at Hershey but it was clear on video the stick was illegal.

Lol. This must be a MDU parent. Salty they didn’t make the playoffs and looking for excuses

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. This must be a MDU parent. Salty they didn’t make the playoffs and looking for excuses

LOL, my kid isn't even a 2028.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, my kid isn't even a 2028.

Then why are you bothering to post on a 28 thread saying you have video evidence of the use of an illegal stick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Curious too why they wouldn’t be granted one but out of curiousity what made it clear on video that the stick was illegal

Ball clearly was below the head when she had it in stick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cause the illegal stick was during a 2028 game…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I have been debating on which team to have my daughter tryout for and i just heard a rumor from an m&d parent that the head coach of crush is moving over with his daughters to m&d. crush was one of the teams we were looking at but need to find out if this is true bc that changes everything. Also if this is true do the parents on crush know?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I have been debating on which team to have my daughter tryout for and i just heard a rumor from an m&d parent that the head coach of crush is moving over with his daughters to m&d. crush was one of the teams we were looking at but need to find out if this is true bc that changes everything. Also if this is true do the parents on crush know?

Heard same rumor, but thought it was only his 26 daughter moving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting!! That tells you that MND has great coaching, if a college coach is moving his daughter to MND and not Coppermine, especially if they live in White marsh, perry hall area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can’t answer your question with certainty, but I’m an M&D parent and I will say that of all the rumors Ive heard in the rumor mill - this has not been one of them. I could see his older daughter moving because she’s going into high school so perhaps that’s the source of it but that is a complete guess. Maybe you could email the club and ask who’s coaching for the upcoming year. Seems like a reasonable question going into tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sad if true but i heard there are a handful of 26 girls are trying out for Nems which i believe his oldest is on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would be the end of crush for sure. Could be a plus for M&D. I would doubt that he would do that so close to tryouts and being the face of that club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^^Probably a Coppermine parent trying to cause an exodus from Crush! If you are sincere, call the coach and ask if you’re so concerned!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As Donald Trump would say: FAKE NEWS!
Next Topic: Which team has the best coaching staff at developing their players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m Mike Faith, the coach of the Crush 28 team. My 26 daughter is trying out for a few different teams. My daughter on the 28 Crush team and I are both staying with Crush through high school. We would love to have you at tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a fan of Coppermine’s lacrosse club, but isn’t there anything else for people to talk about here? They’re an afterthought on every other girls thread but here it’s all anyone talks about.

When you are the #1 team people will talk about you.
Can you give reasons why you aren't a fan?

Why? That would just start the conversation over again from the beginning.

Timing is impeccable. Spread the detest right before tryouts to Discourage readers from taking their daughters there for tryouts.

It's about time the field of top teams grows beyond the big 3. That means there is more talent than those rosters can handle and other programs will benefit.

I literally said I wasn't going to list reasons (i.e. spread detest). And in case you haven't noticed, people have been saying they have issues with how this team does things since WELL before being on the cusp of tryouts. Whether they get an extra player at tryouts has no bearing on my DD's development, which I value far more than winning at all costs. So best of luck to all this tryout season.

Coppermine is an excellent team

They also barely sub, have awful / obnoxious parents and no history of recruiting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is true. Feel sorry for M&D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m Mike Faith, the coach of the Crush 28 team. My 26 daughter is trying out for a few different teams. My daughter on the 28 Crush team and I are both staying with Crush through high school. We would love to have you at tryouts.

Hope this is real. What positions are you looking for this year? Thanks for clearing up the rumor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Anonymous]

They also barely sub, have awful / obnoxious parents and no history of recruiting[/quote]

I'm sure I can guess what team this is coming from. Been to several games and no such parents or behavior and even games when they played M&D. The continued trashing of the team, coaching staff, parents and club gets old. Move on and accept they are a great team and deal with it. Heros and M&D have lots of their own issues but apparently everyone thinks they are perfect. Let the girls have fun and enjoy the competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I literally said I wasn't going to list reasons (i.e. spread detest). And in case you haven't noticed, people have been saying they have issues with how this team does things since WELL before being on the cusp of tryouts. Whether they get an extra player at tryouts has no bearing on my DD's development, which I value far more than winning at all costs. So best of luck to all this tryout season.[/quote]

They also barely sub, have awful / obnoxious parents and no history of recruiting[/quote]
Which is why lots of parents will avoid Coppermine! Too many clubs to choose from that actually play team lacrosse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope this is real. What positions are you looking for this year? Thanks for clearing up the rumor.

You really think the coach is coming in here! Haha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try deflecting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep hoping, nothing on this site is real!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^^Probably a Coppermine parent trying to cause an exodus from Crush! If you are sincere, call the coach and ask if you’re so concerned!

It’s funny everyone tries to target Coppermine. We have played them a few times and everything on this site about them is so inaccurate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I literally said I wasn't going to list reasons (i.e. spread detest). And in case you haven't noticed, people have been saying they have issues with how this team does things since WELL before being on the cusp of tryouts. Whether they get an extra player at tryouts has no bearing on my DD's development, which I value far more than winning at all costs. So best of luck to all this tryout season.

Which is why lots of parents will avoid Coppermine! Too many clubs to choose from that actually play team lacrosse![/quote]

Lol keep spreading nonsense. Quite the opposite, lots of parents are drawn to the club and especially the 28 team. Great coaching and a great team. There are other top clubs with parent coaching and different style coaches that are much less appealing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

His daughter doesn’t play for NEMS, she is on Crush. He is only leaving the 26’s…so most likely she will be leaving the team as well. 28’s staying the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said and totally agree. The top 5 are all at the top for similar reasons, however their differences are what will make one a better fit for one player over another. Research is key to find out which one the best fit....and BEYOND this forum kind of research. The additional talented teams at the 28 level make for a better experience and more opportunities for everyone.

There are many things to consider for all of us as we decide which Club or Team to tryout for. Individual Team is one consideration while overall Club is another consideration. Everyone has different priorities…it may be relationships with friends…maybe style of play of each coach…perhaps which team wins the most games…or possibly recruiting history…maybe individual development of all players…so as you see the list can go on and on. The consistency of a Club year in and year out is another important factor.

There is a distinct difference between a Club as a whole and an individual Team. The clubs most of us are considering all have had teams in many graduation years for some time. They all have a track record of history to this point. So of the Clubs often considered here, these are the current National Average Rankings of the local Clubs as a whole.

As of July 1 for all eligible ranked teams 2023-2028. (6 grad years).

Coppermine Black - 52
MD United East - 31
Skywalkers Blue - 16
Hero’s Green - 4
M&D Black - 2

Any Club can have one great Team as an outlier from time to time and that is admirable. An example of this is Coppermine 2028, great team no doubt about it. They in-fact beat their 2027 team today for the Youth World Festival Championship. Great for the 2028 team but not a good thing for the Club.

Anyone can choose to invest in a promise or a hope for the future and no one will fault anyone for that. Others will choose to make their decisions based off of history.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really think the coach is coming in here! Haha

I'm Mike Faith, yes, I'm the real Faith
All you other Mike Faith’s are just imitating
So won't the real Mike Faith please stand up
Please stand up, please stand up?
'Cause I'm Mike Faith, yes, I'm the real Faith
All you other Mike Faith’s are just imitating
So won't the real Mike Faith please stand up
Please stand up, please stand up?

Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are many things to consider for all of us as we decide which Club or Team to tryout for. Individual Team is one consideration while overall Club is another consideration. Everyone has different priorities…it may be relationships with friends…maybe style of play of each coach…perhaps which team wins the most games…or possibly recruiting history…maybe individual development of all players…so as you see the list can go on and on. The consistency of a Club year in and year out is another important factor.

There is a distinct difference between a Club as a whole and an individual Team. The clubs most of us are considering all have had teams in many graduation years for some time. They all have a track record of history to this point. So of the Clubs often considered here, these are the current National Average Rankings of the local Clubs as a whole.

As of July 1 for all eligible ranked teams 2023-2028. (6 grad years).

Coppermine Black - 52
MD United East - 31
Skywalkers Blue - 16
Hero’s Green - 4
M&D Black - 2

Any Club can have one great Team as an outlier from time to time and that is admirable. An example of this is Coppermine 2028, great team no doubt about it. They in-fact beat their 2027 team today for the Youth World Festival Championship. Great for the 2028 team but not a good thing for the Club.

Anyone can choose to invest in a promise or a hope for the future and no one will fault anyone for that. Others will choose to make their decisions based off of history.

And you have to recognize that change is inevitable. Faulting people for choosing coppermine because their current recruiting track record doesn't match up with the historical 3, but they keep beating those 3 teams seems a little backwards. Change happens. There is room for more talent at the top.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine has invested time, money, resources, etc into their 2028 & younger teams. New coaches hired down to 2032. They have hired multiple full time staff members dedicated to the lacrosse program. They have new indoor & outdoor facilities that became available within the past year and more are under development. They have camps and programs for kids starting at 2 years old, which will continue to be a feeder, especially with their Carroll County location drawing even more talent. The 2028 team has been a catalyst for change in the program. They are not an outlier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try deflecting

How is it deflecting when a legitimate question was asked? Would love to hear insights on “best coaching staff for developing their players”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mike was my coach in college and he is a stand up guy. I can totally see him posting here to clear up any rumors. Also, I’m pretty confident every coach checks this forum out occasionally.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine has invested time, money, resources, etc into their 2028 & younger teams. New coaches hired down to 2032. They have hired multiple full time staff members dedicated to the lacrosse program. They have new indoor & outdoor facilities that became available within the past year and more are under development. They have camps and programs for kids starting at 2 years old, which will continue to be a feeder, especially with their Carroll County location drawing even more talent. The 2028 team has been a catalyst for change in the program. They are not an outlier.

And you can tell they are becoming a factor when more and more lax people try to attack then so they can keep their own players. Keep working Coppermine and no I’m not a parent there. Love they are creating another good option for kids!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try. Give it two years when your daughters are headed to high school and want to play beyond. That’s when the movement will happen. The connections the other clubs have to the collegiate track are just a fact. You can’t develop that in just a year and one team. Look at recruitment for each club and the history there…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I truly wish them the best. However, to really make a step forward they need to have a good recruiting class. I believe it can happen if a majority of their stars from the 28 team stay.

However, once tryout after 8th grade year come around, I know several families will be tempted by the recruiting reps of SW, M&D and Heros. Curious what Coppermine will do to keep them around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mike was my coach in college and he is a stand up guy. I can totally see him posting here to clear up any rumors. Also, I’m pretty confident every coach checks this forum out occasionally.

I know that one coach’s wife posts here frequently.

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 79 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard