BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 70 of 73 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LI teams looking real weak at LFTC.
Say that again, we didn’t even have 1 team make the quarter finals. md had 5, ny, ct, and nj each had one.

Terrible! The bees looked more like fly’s. I think the other LI clubs did better?

YJ 24 A’s gets a new coaching change one week before summer tournaments of recruiting year. New coach Doesn’t know the girls playing. The team got hosed a bit with this. Not the time for new coaching style and plays. Not the time for a learning curve! The team looks confused? It’s a shame, hopefully they pull it together fur their last few tournaments? Bad timing on “management” call!

Does this mean the team name changes?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 Wiener played top teams in the country in front over 45 top college coaches. Who cares who wins the tournament this year! It's about playing everyone and showcasing the girls. They won the whole thing last year. Really no big deal. Came in ranked 3 in the country.

YJ way winning only matters when they win if they don’t win it’s no big deal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 Wiener played top teams in the country in front over 45 top college coaches. Who cares who wins the tournament this year! It's about playing everyone and showcasing the girls. They won the whole thing last year. Really no big deal. Came in ranked 3 in the country.

YJ way winning only matters when they win if they don’t win it’s no big deal.

In recruiting year, it really is not about the win. Coaches are def. Not looking at the score. They are looking at individual playing and how a girl plays in team plays. However, I think when a team is winning, the girls mentally play better. Have a better “showing”.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, AS is not a factor. Just took a quick look at the Under Armour Rosters over the years (2006 - 2022) Long Island has averaged about 8 girls per year, anywhere from 3 to 13 girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, AS is not a factor. Just took a quick look at the Under Armour Rosters over the years (2006 - 2022) Long Island has averaged about 8 girls per year, anywhere from 3 to 13 girls.

Thank you. So, not playing on the UA Command or Highlight team matters? Who chooses? AS was not around until the last couple of years. If a girl chooses to do AS over UA, I was wondering if that affects her chances to become a UA all American?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you. So, not playing on the UA Command or Highlight team matters? Who chooses? AS was not around until the last couple of years. If a girl chooses to do AS over UA, I was wondering if that affects her chances to become a UA all American?

It absolutely does. Two of the top players on LI heading to Duke next year we’re snubbed from the UA team because they were cut at the underclass tryout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It absolutely does. Two of the top players on LI heading to Duke next year we’re snubbed from the UA team because they were cut at the underclass tryout

If you get cut from UA underclass Long Island; very hard to justify making the 48 girl roster for the UA senior game when it’s a national selection. don’t you think??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you get cut from UA underclass Long Island; very hard to justify making the 48 girl roster for the UA senior game when it’s a national selection. don’t you think??

What I think, is how do they judge it from the UA stuff anymore , when a lot of the top players are doing AS now!?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Under Armour selected 46 players and they do it by position (10 attack, 22 midfield, 10 defense 4 goalies) traditionally there was a direct correlation between the Inside Lacrosse "Yong Gun Senior List" and who made the Under Armour All American Senior Team. The Inside lacrosse "Young Gun List" started out naming 30 players then it went to 40 and might have gone as high as 50. It looks like this year they ranked the Top 20 and then named another 39 players as "on the rise". In the past it would be extremely rare for a Top 30 or 40 player to not also make the UA team.

No selection process is perfect but over the years Under Armour / Inside Lacrosse / Corrigan has done an excellent job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What I think, is how do they judge it from the UA stuff anymore , when a lot of the top players are doing AS now!?

For years they evaluated players throughout the summer and fall, they watched the Top Club Teams at the more competitive tournaments as well as at The UA Underclass Games. I'm sure they can watch AS as well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sorry, did someone say the jesters black are on a rise?
Lost to a # 16 - OK. Good!
Beat up on a #142
Lost to a #62
I'm sorry but most just don't see the rise. They've got a ton of new players from all over the place but I hear that the girls don't mix well.
They'll get there someday but not any day soon.

They should be on the rise as they picked up some very good talent. Unfortunately, I think it’s a daddy ball situation that still plagues that 24 team? It’s a shame, I think they could be very good. They have a dad coaching?

At this point why would you allow this to happen? Not healthy.
I feel bad for everyone involved.

Strong female coach and then a dad coach. Dad coach has had the team for years, female coach new this year. The team is much better than last year issue is just that no one can overpower dad and he tells the kids crazy things that even those who have never played know are a big no no. Girls all get along. They adore the new coach. We are getting a lot of recruiting help and are in great tournaments. Majority of the girls and families are very happy. The tactic of bad mouthing the program is the same tactic so many use to try and discredit others. They forget they’re talking about children, and frankly coaches kid is decent. She isn’t a bad player at all.

You have told us all we need to know. This is BAD news. Not a good look during a very important time for these girls. Everyone deserves better. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regardless of where they watch them play, they have done a good job in the past. This year it looks much the same with a few schools Good for being represented that do not normally bring in top talent.

The rich get richer...

6 to North Carolina
6 to Maryland
5 to Boston College
4 to Stanford
3 to Northwestern
3 to Michigan
2 to Syracuse
2 to Duke
2 to Virginia
2 to Notre Dame
2 to Penn State
1 to Princeton
1 to Florida
1 to Stony Brook
1 to Hopkins
1 to Georgetown
1 to Va Tech
1 to Hofstra
1 to Clemson
1 to Cornell

Good for Clemson! Looks like Stanford has another good recruiting class and Michigan looks like their success in recent years is helping with recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sorry, did someone say the jesters black are on a rise?
Lost to a # 16 - OK. Good!
Beat up on a #142
Lost to a #62
I'm sorry but most just don't see the rise. They've got a ton of new players from all over the place but I hear that the girls don't mix well.
They'll get there someday but not any day soon.

They should be on the rise as they picked up some very good talent. Unfortunately, I think it’s a daddy ball situation that still plagues that 24 team? It’s a shame, I think they could be very good. They have a dad coaching?

At this point why would you allow this to happen? Not healthy.
I feel bad for everyone involved.

Strong female coach and then a dad coach. Dad coach has had the team for years, female coach new this year. The team is much better than last year issue is just that no one can overpower dad and he tells the kids crazy things that even those who have never played know are a big no no. Girls all get along. They adore the new coach. We are getting a lot of recruiting help and are in great tournaments. Majority of the girls and families are very happy. The tactic of bad mouthing the program is the same tactic so many use to try and discredit others. They forget they’re talking about children, and frankly coaches kid is decent. She isn’t a bad player at all.

You have told us all we need to know. This is BAD news. Not a good look during a very important time for these girls. Everyone deserves better. Good luck.

Sure these girls will be just fine. All teams seem to have their own issues, if not noticed. But, thanks for your insightful input though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire worse than them all daddy ball plus playing in the wrong branders. Then comes Kildare and 91- Kildare great coaches but playing in c/d brackets and winning games by 20? 91 with parent coaches and playing in brackets not matched for their skill level.

At this age all games should be 2-3 goals differences in goals this could mean a loss or a win, doesn’t matter, but the goal differential should be small.

Weiner plying in the right bracket. All games close even when they lose or win. The losses and wins comes down to if each team is doing what’s right and playing fairly equally. May be 1-3 kids on a roster who don’t play as much because they are misplaced and too hard to cut at this age, but for the most part that’s what it should look like.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't those teams change their girls and play up in bracket.
TG's played:
M&D BLACK
MONSTER PURPLE
HEROES GREEN
SKYWALKERS BLUE
Games were relatively competitive. Actually tied HEROES.
and the girls are better for it .
Other teams should take that chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters has daddy ball on a few of the teams! Not the best
situation for many.

Hysterical. How many D-1 commits from that '23 team? When the '24 team doesn't have the same level of talent it must be "daddy ball." Of course the '23 team won't be as good in their junior year. They are rightfully showcasing the girls still looking to be placed somewhere. The anonymous keyboard warriors are pathetic on here. Don't let the truth get in the way of bashing a program and aren't thoses axes fully ground yet? Gross

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the 2024 class, this season all that matters is having competitive games and showing up to play in those games. The college coaches don't really care if your team is winning or losing, unless it's a blowout. Most coaches will walk away from those blowouts and find another game, as it isn't a good indicator of a player's abilities on either side. Worry less about the W's and L's and more about showing up to play regardless.

If you're sitting on the sidelines and your daughter is getting hits on IWLCA Recruits, that's always a good thing. My daughter played at New England Cup this past weekend and had a lot of hits on her profile, so I'll take that as a positive for her recruiting efforts. (Full disclosure, my daughter doesn't play on a LI team, so I have no dog in this LI club "greatness" fight.)

Some of you are too neurotic about the W's and L's and lose sight of the goal/end game.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Just an FYI........Under Armour is not affiliated anymore with the All American anymore, I am pretty sure they are getting out of Lacrosse equipment manufacturing as well. All these regional events are not make or break for anyone. To answer your question, every team had a staff of 2-3 usually club coaches who typically took many of their own club players and a few of the standouts from the tryouts. College coaches know this and take the rostering with a grain of salt. I assume American Select is much the same from what I can tell. It looks like they have some regions with multiple teams. Anyone who thinks these All Star regional events carry any significant weight are kidding themselves. They are just another showcase. For standout players on lower tiered teams it offers them a chance to play with some upgraded competition to see how they stack up. For average players on any tiered teams it gives their parents something to chew on and show their friends & family. For standout players on top tier teams it gives them a chance to show why they are special. Not really sure why they make a big deal out of the "selection process". Anyone who has been to more than a few tryouts knows how it works. Very political with very few breaking thru to the rosters. Spare me the your kid didn't make it nonsense. I am not a disgruntled parent. I have 1st hand experience with all the above scenarios I outlined. Bottom line is there are many kids who should be at these events that are not and even more that should not be that are. Does that make it a money grab? I don't know or care, I'm sure everyone that play gets some benefit, great experience, meet new kids, play with different kids etc. IMHO the bottom line is I doubt that participating in these events impacts an individuals recruiting prospects all that much for the majority of the kids that get selected. Chances are they have already been vetted by their club coach and college coaches during their tournament games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by SAT1234

Just an FYI........Under Armour is not affiliated anymore with the All American anymore, I am pretty sure they are getting out of Lacrosse equipment manufacturing as well. All these regional events are not make or break for anyone. To answer your question, every team had a staff of 2-3 usually club coaches who typically took many of their own club players and a few of the standouts from the tryouts. College coaches know this and take the rostering with a grain of salt. I assume American Select is much the same from what I can tell. It looks like they have some regions with multiple teams. Anyone who thinks these All Star regional events carry any significant weight are kidding themselves. They are just another showcase. For standout players on lower tiered teams it offers them a chance to play with some upgraded competition to see how they stack up. For average players on any tiered teams it gives their parents something to chew on and show their friends & family. For standout players on top tier teams it gives them a chance to show why they are special. Not really sure why they make a big deal out of the "selection process". Anyone who has been to more than a few tryouts knows how it works. Very political with very few breaking thru to the rosters. Spare me the your kid didn't make it nonsense. I am not a disgruntled parent. I have 1st hand experience with all the above scenarios I outlined. Bottom line is there are many kids who should be at these events that are not and even more that should not be that are. Does that make it a money grab? I don't know or care, I'm sure everyone that play gets some benefit, great experience, meet new kids, play with different kids etc. IMHO the bottom line is I doubt that participating in these events impacts an individuals recruiting prospects all that much for the majority of the kids that get selected. Chances are they have already been vetted by their club coach and college coaches during their tournament games.

I evaluated for the Midwest earlier today. UA is still sponsoring the event and we were all directed to not wear competing brands—staff were provided with UA gear to stay on brand.

These events can get political and it depends on who signs up to evaluate the players. It’s important to go in and choose the best players and sadly, some people have serious blinders on.

I can tell you that various players from Long Island and other east coast areas that didn’t make their local teams tried out on the Midwest.

I can also tell you one of the two teams was actually fairly picked and will compete well. The other will most likely fall on their faces due to some club coach shenanigans with some picks.

The one team will have a varied roster, with kids from all around the Midwest. The other will be 95% comprised of players from 3 clubs. That roster will look much like the Midwest AS roster. One team wants to go out and win, the other wants to reward their devoted club players and tout how many they can get into these events. Should be a beautiful train wreck.

For evaluations, here’s how I approached it. You really need 4, maybe 5 dedicated Defenders, 2 Goalies, 6 Attack, then the rest are mids. Criteria for any Mid or d is you must win you 1v1 matchups to start—you don’t need mids that cannot defend. If you signed up as a defender but there’s a Mid that has better D? Sorry, you probably lost your spot. Athleticism, speed, stick skills, and field vision are prized traits. If your lax IQ stinks, you don’t make the cut.

There are many players that end up on teams, like UM, etc, that never make UA. It isn’t necessary, but it helps with evaluating players if you’ve made it. If you’re playing good teams at the right events, it isn’t really necessary. Is it a fun event with some amazing lacrosse? Yes, it is. M

Coaches will evaluate players based on what their preferences are. If you know your coaches you’ll know what they recruit, what is important to them, and how to get your kid on those teams, if possible.

Feel free to ask any questions and I’ll try to answer them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I evaluated for the Midwest earlier today. UA is still sponsoring the event and we were all directed to not wear competing brands—staff were provided with UA gear to stay on brand.

These events can get political and it depends on who signs up to evaluate the players. It’s important to go in and choose the best players and sadly, some people have serious blinders on.

I can tell you that various players from Long Island and other east coast areas that didn’t make their local teams tried out on the Midwest.

I can also tell you one of the two teams was actually fairly picked and will compete well. The other will most likely fall on their faces due to some club coach shenanigans with some picks.

The one team will have a varied roster, with kids from all around the Midwest. The other will be 95% comprised of players from 3 clubs. That roster will look much like the Midwest AS roster. One team wants to go out and win, the other wants to reward their devoted club players and tout how many they can get into these events. Should be a beautiful train wreck.

For evaluations, here’s how I approached it. You really need 4, maybe 5 dedicated Defenders, 2 Goalies, 6 Attack, then the rest are mids. Criteria for any Mid or d is you must win you 1v1 matchups to start—you don’t need mids that cannot defend. If you signed up as a defender but there’s a Mid that has better D? Sorry, you probably lost your spot. Athleticism, speed, stick skills, and field vision are prized traits. If your lax IQ stinks, you don’t make the cut.

There are many players that end up on teams, like UM, etc, that never make UA. It isn’t necessary, but it helps with evaluating players if you’ve made it. If you’re playing good teams at the right events, it isn’t really necessary. Is it a fun event with some amazing lacrosse? Yes, it is. M

Coaches will evaluate players based on what their preferences are. If you know your coaches you’ll know what they recruit, what is important to them, and how to get your kid on those teams, if possible.

Spare us the long winded BS explanation. The AA main event is good and exciting for the girls but the selection process is total farce. Anyone who has been out there knows this. Word to anyone wondering. If you
have no affiliation with the evaluators you have very little chance of making the team. FACTS!

IMHO I would say they legitimately select 3-5 kids per team. The vast majority made the team before they ever stepped foot on the field. Anyone who doubts this is in denial. They actually let parents evaluate kids they know which is basically the
same thing as having club coaches doing it. Total conflict of interest. If you want a more legit selection process go with the UA 150. Its a much better event.

I have one question, how many kids from the 2021 Midwest Girls Command team came from the clubs that the coaches were from? I believe it to be almost all of them!

For the fact checkers here is the link to the 2021 rosters https://events.r2it.com/lacrosse/UnderArmour21/Roster/Division/Underclass
Coaches were from MN, IL, MI - its a total joke. Michigan & Minnesota girls lax player pool a fraction of OH & IL. Maybe a couple girls from Michigan and 1 or 2 kids from MN should have been on the team. I think they both had 7 or 8. It is laughable and could be one of the reasons midwest girls lax does
not get the respect it deserves from the girls LAX orbit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spare us the long winded BS explanation. The AA main event is good and exciting for the girls but the selection process is total farce. Anyone who has been out there knows this. Word to anyone wondering. If you
have no affiliation with the evaluators you have very little chance of making the team. FACTS!

IMHO I would say they legitimately select 3-5 kids per team. The vast majority made the team before they ever stepped foot on the field. Anyone who doubts this is in denial. They actually let parents evaluate kids they know which is basically the
same thing as having club coaches doing it. Total conflict of interest. If you want a more legit selection process go with the UA 150. Its a much better event.

I have one question, how many kids from the 2021 Midwest Girls Command team came from the clubs that the coaches were from? I believe it to be almost all of them!

For the fact checkers here is the link to the 2021 rosters https://events.r2it.com/lacrosse/UnderArmour21/Roster/Division/Underclass
Coaches were from MN, IL, MI - its a total joke. Michigan & Minnesota girls lax player pool a fraction of OH & IL. Maybe a couple girls from Michigan and 1 or 2 kids from MN should have been on the team. I think they both had 7 or 8. It is laughable and could be one of the reasons midwest girls lax does

The 2021 Midwest Command Team went 3-2 overall.

The 2022 team is up. I’ll help you out. There are 3 kids from MN that made it this year. 2 players from the HC’s team made—that’s it. I believe he had about 6 that tried out but didn’t make the cut. The Command team is very diverse—check out the roster.

The Highlight team went exactly as stated with 9 players from the True IL team making it—they aren’t even the best players on that team. This team will get killed, as they didn’t select properly.

I’m a HS coach and had no skin in the game for the Command team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is all 100% true. Last year two very good players who are YJs including the Suffolk player of the year did not make the team because YJ was not evaluating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2022 team is up. I’ll help you out. There are 3 kids from MN that made it this year. 2 players from the HC’s team made—that’s it. I believe he had about 6 that tried out but didn’t make the cut. The Command team is very diverse—check out the roster.

The Highlight team went exactly as stated with 9 players from the True IL team making it—they aren’t even the best players on that team. This team will get killed, as they didn’t select properly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is all 100% true. Last year two very good players who are YJs including the Suffolk player of the year did not make the team because YJ was not evaluating.

That’s unfortunate however YJ evaluators have been doing that for years to other excellent players from other clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure why you gave 4 statements/answers to questions that were not asked.

I asked 1 question....feel free to answer.....I have one question, how many kids from the 2021 Midwest Girls Command team came from the clubs that the coaches were from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same reason AS is 90 percent YJ. Nothing is real.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS is a joke with how they picked the LI teams. YJ girls on teams that didn't even go to the tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS is a joke with how they picked the LI teams. YJ girls on teams that didn't even go to the tryouts

Same happened last year. Only girls going to sought after programs are the top half f the black team. Others are paying for a money grab

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
situation for many.

Hysterical. How many D-1 commits from that '23 team? When the '24 team doesn't have the same level of talent it must be "daddy ball." Of course the '23 team won't be as good in their junior year. They are rightfully showcasing the girls still looking to be placed somewhere. The anonymous keyboard warriors are pathetic on here. Don't let the truth get in the way of bashing a program and aren't thoses axes fully ground yet? Gross

This appears to be a recurring topic
and the same club seems to be getting a lot of the heat.
I’m not sure if it’s justified but just a suggestion,,,
We all pay a lot of $$$ and most of us just want a healthy environment for our children.
Maybe, get rid of the parent coaches(especially dads), and hire professionals that have played the sport.
The girls game is much different from the boys game.
You may get an objective, fair environment and it should minimize the parent lack of trust.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if any coaches will be at Junior’s Open?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think there will be many. They haven't promoted coaches attending in any correspondence. Coaches have seen the girls a lot already this summer. My guess is it will be similar to Best in Class attendance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think there will be many. They haven't promoted coaches attending in any correspondence. Coaches have seen the girls a lot already this summer. My guess is it will be similar to Best in Class attendance.

A similar situation to UA150. There weren't as many college coaches in attendance as there were in 2021. I think there's some burnout going on and too many events, not enough time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Feel free to ask any questions and I’ll try to answer them.[/quote]

not get the respect it deserves from the girls LAX orbit.[/quote]

I’m a HS coach and had no skin in the game for the Command team.[/quote]

Not sure why you gave 4 statements/answers to questions that were not asked.

I asked 1 question....feel free to answer.....I have one question, how many kids from the 2021 Midwest Girls Command team came from the clubs that the coaches were from?[/quote]

So which Ohio or Illinois team does your daughter play for and why didn't she get selected? Which of the players on the team took her spot? Did she beat any of them out for the 2022 team?

The original response was how the 2022 tryouts went, not 2021. I'd suggest just letting 2021 go and living in the now. You definitely sound like the poster that brought this up last year after tryouts, then ridiculed the team on multiple platforms, including here, Twitter, and Instagram.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You sure seem to have alot to say for someone with no skin in the game. I was using published info from 2021 which looked like the most political team ever assembled. I believe in paying it forward and want to let other folks know what they will likely be dealing with should they tryout for a team selected by parents and local club coaches. Just like the competing AS and AU events, the All American main event is a good experiece for the girls. The selection process and consolation spotlight division however is a different story and leaves alot to be desired. I think most would agree that having club coaches and parents select regional "all star" teams is nothing short of a complete joke. I am shocked the operator of this event has yet to figure out a better selection process. Lax clubs should concentrate on their core business of training lax players instead of trying to falsley booster their relevence by placing their own (often times unworthy) club kids on these "alleged" all star teams. #Facts.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yes, the best high school and club coaches on the planet are there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sure seem to have alot to say for someone with no skin in the game. I was using published info from 2021 which looked like the most political team ever assembled. I believe in paying it forward and want to let other folks know what they will likely be dealing with should they tryout for a team selected by parents and local club coaches. Just like the competing AS and AU events, the All American main event is a good experiece for the girls. The selection process and consolation spotlight division however is a different story and leaves alot to be desired. I think most would agree that having club coaches and parents select regional "all star" teams is nothing short of a complete joke. I am shocked the operator of this event has yet to figure out a better selection process. Lax clubs should concentrate on their core business of training lax players instead of trying to falsley booster their relevence by placing their own (often times unworthy) club kids on these "alleged" all star teams. #Facts.

Try using 2022 published info--evaluators change from year to year. What is your obsession with 2021? You sound like someone with an ax to grind here.

If you believe lax clubs have a core business of "training lax players" you're living in a fantasy world. Club lax has long since moved past that and is all about $$$.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
No obsession, no ax to grind. Just putting in my $.02 for anyone who wants to do their due diligence on these FOMO events. Feel free to ignore my posts if they hit home a little too hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very few teams in the grind this year all c level groups. Each of the teams going that are from NY/ New England area have a rough roster with one or two studs who should really consider moving to a different team even at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very few teams in the grind this year all c level groups. Each of the teams going that are from NY/ New England area have a rough roster with one or two studs who should really consider moving to a different team even at this age.

Sounds bad but you know what’s worse??,,,……….
like you could be one of the families who got fleeced and spent thousands $$$ on one of the new Fake all star events and no colleges coaches show up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
situation for many.

This appears to be a recurring topic
and the same club seems to be getting a lot of the heat.
I’m not sure if it’s justified but just a suggestion,,,
We all pay a lot of $$$ and most of us just want a healthy environment for our children.
Maybe, get rid of the parent coaches(especially dads), and hire professionals that have played the sport.
The girls game is much different from the boys game.
You may get an objective, fair environment and it should minimize the parent lack of trust.

1000 percent correct. Best post of the week!

Page 70 of 73 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard