BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 32 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 31 32
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please explain what the Apex youth games are? Is it something worth trying?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone please explain what the Apex youth games are? Is it something worth trying?

Apex has gone goalie clinics in the past, this is the first time they are doing these games, so hard to say if its "worth it", or not, but if the goal is for your kidd to meet other club players and network, I think this would meet that mark. Not much different than say Athletes Unlimited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apex has gone goalie clinics in the past, this is the first time they are doing these games, so hard to say if its "worth it", or not, but if the goal is for your kidd to meet other club players and network, I think this would meet that mark. Not much different than say Athletes Unlimited.

I'd be curious about level of play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd be curious about level of play

They have some very good players on the 2027 level doing it (Hero's Aces, etc)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure about Apex Youth games is, but looks like some pretty good players will be there. That said, i doubt the competition is any better than some of the top college camps.

However, older daugher went to the Apex 2026 showcase this fall. There will be 2027 next fall. She thought it was an outstanding event. Great quality of play with a fun combine in the middle.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG a decent gap over Jesters? By what analysis? They haven't played. Notice that TG rarely plays in the top 1 or 2 brackets.

I can;t figure TG out, they look great in close loss to Eagle Stix and blow out over NEMS but then not so much against MD United.

TG"s performance come down to refs alot. If a ref calls the game tight, they have trouble turning it down. If the refs let them play, as you saw against ES, they are capable of beating anyone in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG a decent gap over Jesters? By what analysis? They haven't played. Notice that TG rarely plays in the top 1 or 2 brackets.

I can;t figure TG out, they look great in close loss to Eagle Stix and blow out over NEMS but then not so much against MD United.

TG"s performance come down to refs alot. If a ref calls the game tight, they have trouble turning it down. If the refs let them play, as you saw against ES, they are capable of beating anyone in the country.
It comes down to inconsistency in coaching!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting, MDU is one of the most physical teams in MD, and evidently they seem to have good matchups on TGs, I assume the refs called it tight in both games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting, MDU is one of the most physical teams in MD, and evidently they seem to have good matchups on TGs, I assume the refs called it tight in both games.

MDU is physical, but not as much as hero’s and M and D. Big difference is MDU can tone it down in a closely called game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of top teams playing in 2 separate MD tournaments in 2 weeks from this weekend. Some great matchups in both. Will be very interesting once games are completed and results in.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 of the top 5 teams are in mid Atlantic. YJA facing off against Aces and Eagle Stix in pool play. Could play M&D in bracket play if they win. Great competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone go to the Apex youth games in MD? I know this was the first year. How was the competition and coaching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone go to the Apex youth games in MD? I know this was the first year. How was the competition and coaching?

No, but teammate did. Was complete disaster according to her father. Only an hour of basic skills and drills in addition to games. Some teams got 6 games, others only got 3 or 4. Games were 4 10 minute quarters which meant only about 25 min of actual gameplay. Over half the girls were done by 11 on day 2. Not exactly a full two day event.

No coaching done on sidelines other managing subs. Friend was stuck on team with 6 or 7 Heros girls who pretty much just passed to each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, but teammate did. Was complete disaster according to her father. Only an hour of basic skills and drills in addition to games. Some teams got 6 games, others only got 3 or 4. Games were 4 10 minute quarters which meant only about 25 min of actual gameplay. Over half the girls were done by 11 on day 2. Not exactly a full two day event.

No coaching done on sidelines other managing subs. Friend was stuck on team with 6 or 7 Heros girls who pretty much just passed to each other.

If they were on a 2027 team, this is completely false. There were four 2027 teams. 2 team had 2 Heros girls each, 2 teams only had one Heros each. And the one team that had 2 Heros girls had a defender, and a middie, so, no, they were not only passing to each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of top teams playing in 2 separate MD tournaments in 2 weeks from this weekend. Some great matchups in both. Will be very interesting once games are completed and results in.

Interesting. YJA moved from MD Cup to Mid Atlantic in the past month or two because of competition levels at MD Cup.

Interesting how FLG doesn't have to play Hero's in the A division. If they are as good as everyone says they are, they should have no problem with TG, YJA, Monster and Steps California.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they were on a 2027 team, this is completely false. There were four 2027 teams. 2 team had 2 Heros girls each, 2 teams only had one Heros each. And the one team that had 2 Heros girls had a defender, and a middie, so, no, they were not only passing to each other.

This was from a 28 family.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting. YJA moved from MD Cup to Mid Atlantic in the past month or two because of competition levels at MD Cup.

Interesting how FLG doesn't have to play Hero's in the A division. If they are as good as everyone says they are, they should have no problem with TG, YJA, Monster and Steps California.

I don't think that FLG will be playing YJA in MD cup, i'm pretty sure their not in that tournament only YJB. If FLG plays like how they have been playing they could easily go 4-0 and meet Hero's in the Championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think that FLG will be playing YJA in MD cup, i'm pretty sure their not in that tournament only YJB. If FLG plays like how they have been playing they could easily go 4-0 and meet Hero's in the Championship.

YJA not playing MD Cup - they are playing Youth Nationals in MD during the week beforehand (so is YJB and TG - FLG is not there) Their competition at G8 the weekend before is about same level as MD Cup.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dense question about tryouts for TG and Jester.

Since they have their tryouts nearly a month before YJ, how do they manage rosters? Do they take additional girls knowing some may leave for YJA if they make it. Or do they keep a few girls on a waiting list?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dense question about tryouts for TG and Jester.

Since they have their tryouts nearly a month before YJ, how do they manage rosters? Do they take additional girls knowing some may leave for YJA if they make it. Or do they keep a few girls on a waiting list?

Why would they leave for YJ? You do realize that girls leave YJ for these clubs all the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dense question about tryouts for TG and Jesters.

Why would they leave for YJ? You do realize that girls leave YJ for these clubs all the time.

Some girls also want to up move as well. I guarantee some of the best players at both clubs will be at YJ tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They take a 500 dollar deposit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some girls also want to up move as well. I guarantee some of the best players at both clubs will be at YJ tryouts.

Sometimes moving up is leaving YJ. So many good clubs on LI now. Girls need to find their best fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sometimes moving up is leaving YJ. So many good clubs on LI now. Girls need to find their best fit.

True but if you are a top player on YJ you aren’t leaving.
No other club can compare to TJ especially when it comes to recruiting. Coaches always watch YJ before any of these other clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No other club can compare to TJ especially when it comes to recruiting. Coaches always watch YJ before any of these other clubs.

lol, many girls did much better on clubs like Legacy, TG and Jesters last year. Please stop. You really have no idea of what you’re saying. This is 2022, things have changed for YJ. Coaches are not focused on YJ. I will say they’re top 3-4 girls will still go to the best programs, but…,so will everyone else’s. Best player in the grade is on TG and will have her pick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lol, many girls did much better on clubs like Legacy, TG and Jesters last year. Please stop. You really have no idea of what you’re saying. This is 2022, things have changed for YJ. Coaches are not focused on YJ. I will say they’re top 3-4 girls will still go to the best programs, but…,so will everyone else’s. Best player in the grade is on TG and will have her pick.

YJ is still the best and gets the looks. All other clubs will get glances but that’s it. If you plan to play on a top D1 school you have to play on YJ. Where do you get the best girl in the grade is on TG? Best girls are all on YJ and always will be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean in 4 years she will have her pick. Long way to go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless the coaches are going to practice, then logically if they are watching YJ, aren’t they also watching the team they are playing? Rising tides raise all ships…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
L

Why would they leave for YJ? You do realize that girls leave YJ for these clubs all the time.[/quote]

Some girls also want to up move as well. I guarantee some of the best players at both clubs will be at YJ tryouts.[/quote]

Sometimes moving up is leaving YJ. So many good clubs on LI now. Girls need to find their best fit.[/quote]

No other club can compare to TJ especially when it comes to recruiting. Coaches always watch YJ before any of these other clubs.[/quote]

lol, many girls did much better on clubs like Legacy, TG and Jesters last year. Please stop. You really have no idea of what you’re saying. This is 2022, things have changed for YJ. Coaches are not focused on YJ. I will say they’re top 3-4 girls will still go to the best programs, but…,so will everyone else’s. Best player in the grade is on TG and will have her pick.[/quote]

YJ is still the best and gets the looks. All other clubs will get glances but that’s it. If you plan to play on a top D1 school you have to play on YJ. Where do you get the best girl in the grade is on TG? Best girls are all on YJ and always will be.[/quote]

You really need to stop making a fool of yourself with these completely uninformed statements. Maybe check who had by far the best recruiting class of 2023’s for example. Hint it wasn’t YJ by a mile.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are delusional. YJ will always have a handful of good players, but so do all of the other clubs. Take a look at the commitment list from Jesters, Top Guns, and Legacy and then you will see that they have equal or more girls going to the best schools. While your at it, look at the list of All Americans from LI. Most are not YJs. The best girl in this years recruiting class is on TG 24’, Best in ‘23 is on Jesters. TG probably had the best recruiting class for the Island last year. If you are one of the top 4-5 on YJA, obviously you stay. If not, things could work out much better on a different club. YJ teams play a lot of politics and daddy ball. Bottom line, if you’re happy, stay, if not, there are lots of other great options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ is still the best and gets the looks. All other clubs will get glances but that’s it. If you plan to play on a top D1 school you have to play on YJ. Where do you get the best girl in the grade is on TG? Best girls are all on YJ and always will be.[/quote]

You really need to stop making a fool of yourself with these completely uninformed statements. Maybe check who had by far the best recruiting class of 2023’s for example. Hint it wasn’t YJ by a mile.

2023 was due to COVID. You can’t go by one year and YJ is still the top and always will be.
As far as making a fool out of myself, have fun on TG. Your daughter might be the star at 13 years old, but as soon as she doesn’t want to play for Hofstra they will forget about her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ is still the best and gets the looks. All other clubs will get glances but that’s it. If you plan to play on a top D1 school you have to play on YJ. Where do you get the best girl in the grade is on TG? Best girls are all on YJ and always will be.

2023 was due to COVID. You can’t go by one year and YJ is still the top and always will be.
As far as making a fool out of myself, have fun on TG. Your daughter might be the star at 13 years old, but as soon as she doesn’t want to play for Hofstra they will forget about her.[/quote]

Haha, guess the TG girls going to Duke, UNC, Stanford, Virginia, Loyola, etc. didn’t get that memo. I think you may have also forgot to send that memo to the Legacy girls going to Florida, Navy, Yale, JMU, OSU, Clemson, Rutgers, etc. Or the Jesters girls going to Cuse, BC, UMass, Jacksonville, Loyola. Just hysterical that you drink that YJ koolaid. Open you eyes to the facts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As far as making a fool out of myself, have fun on TG. Your daughter might be the star at 13 years old, but as soon as she doesn’t want to play for Hofstra they will forget about her.[/quote]

You seriously need to seek help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100%. YJ is the only way to go if you want to play at a top D1 school. All others will play at low D1 schools. Just fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless the coaches are going to practice, then logically if they are watching YJ, aren’t they also watching the team they are playing? Rising tides raise all ships…

This 100%. What is more impressive to coaches, being a kid who rotates in on YJ and gets a few GBs and a goal or being the kid who scored 3 times on YJ with 2 assists?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100%. YJ is the only way to go if you want to play at a top D1 school. All others will play at low D1 schools. Just fact.

Did anyone tell Sam Apuzzo this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Facts? More fiction. The TG 22 and 23 commits both are better than YJ and so is the talent. If you consider UNC, Northwestern, UVA, Loyola, Stanford, Duke for example low D1 you are as clueless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As far as making a fool out of myself, have fun on TG. Your daughter might be the star at 13 years old, but as soon as she doesn’t want to play for Hofstra they will forget about her.

Haha, guess the TG girls going to Duke, UNC, Stanford, Virginia, Loyola, etc. didn’t get that memo. I think you may have also forgot to send that memo to the Legacy girls going to Florida, Navy, Yale, JMU, OSU, Clemson, Rutgers, etc. Or the Jesters girls going to Cuse, BC, UMass, Jacksonville, Loyola. Just hysterical that you drink that YJ koolaid. Open you eyes to the facts![/quote]

Either the YJ poster is just ignorant or trying to get a reaction out of people. Anyone who knows anything about girls lax on LI knows that YJ has lost their dominance. It’s great that girls have a few great options to play high level lacrosse and get recruited to the best schools. Play for the team where your daughter feels valuable and has potential for growth. Everything else will work itself out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Usclub rankings. Over all 6 years (23-28) YJ is top
Rated team on Long Island in every year. 6 out of 6. That’s tough to argue with. Every single year. Most YJ teams are 4th and 5th in nation. These teams have played 20 games so rankings do start to make sense with the math equation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Usclub rankings. Over all 6 years (23-28) YJ is top
Rated team on Long Island in every year. 6 out of 6. That’s tough to argue with. Every single year. Most YJ teams are 4th and 5th in nation. These teams have played 20 games so rankings do start to make sense with the math equation.

Point is also look how many other LI teams are also in the top 20…not just the YJ show anymore get over it

Page 26 of 32 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard