BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 226 of 313 1 2 224 225 226 227 228 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heard on the Crabfeast broadcast that a 2023 UNC attack commit from Georgia is transferring to BL for his senior year. It's going to be hard to compete with the schools that board players.

Heard the same. Alumni wanting to send their kids there should think twice. Crabs is involved in this whole boarding mess as well. Local kids getting cut or moved to the end of the bench.

Already seeing it at the 2026 8th grade level
What is even more awful is the leagues lack of response.... Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't a kid have to sit out a year if he transfers from one MIAA school to another, Yet that does not include kids from other out of town schools.... This is complete nonsense and the league and the schools should be held to a higher standard instead of absolutely destroying local kids by taking their positions and playing time and not giving them another option to go to a different MIAA school were things could be different for them..... Someone needs to stop this...

The MIAA should have the best players in the country. It's nice if you are local, and are not a hold back, and had 3 generations go there, but if you can't compete, you can't compete. Move on. If you want fair competition, play for the public schools.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard on the Crabfeast broadcast that a 2023 UNC attack commit from Georgia is transferring to BL for his senior year. It's going to be hard to compete with the schools that board players.

Heard the same. Alumni wanting to send their kids there should think twice. Crabs is involved in this whole boarding mess as well. Local kids getting cut or moved to the end of the bench.

What is even more awful is the leagues lack of response.... Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't a kid have to sit out a year if he transfers from one MIAA school to another, Yet that does not include kids from other out of town schools.... This is complete nonsense and the league and the schools should be held to a higher standard instead of absolutely destroying local kids by taking their positions and playing time and not giving them another option to go to a different MIAA school were things could be different for them..... Someone needs to stop this...

A kid has to sit out if he was a varsity-rostered athlete.
Kids who played JV or F/S can transfer without penalty.
You also get an exception if your residency changes by 30 miles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The MIAA should have the best players in the country. It's nice if you are local, and are not a hold back, and had 3 generations go there, but if you can't compete, you can't compete. Move on. If you want fair competition, play for the public schools.

Then you need to let players transfer even if they have played on Varsity. A coach intentionally recruits a player from out of town-fine, then a player should be able to intentionally transfer schools. ANY player that plays the same position as that transfer should be able to rollout. Otherwise, this is like life before free agency, when the team owner had almost complete control.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Must participate in a varsity game not just being rostered.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then you need to let players transfer even if they have played on Varsity. A coach intentionally recruits a player from out of town-fine, then a player should be able to intentionally transfer schools. ANY player that plays the same position as that transfer should be able to rollout. Otherwise, this is like life before free agency, when the team owner had almost complete control.

Every Coach in the MIAA would replace a roster spot for a better player if possible and every parent should know that going in to the recruiting process of a private school.
College D1 is the same. Just look at the transfer portal.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a rising 9th grader at BL - no one cares that there are boarders coming on board and no one thinks they're entitled playing time because they're legacies. Every school in the MIAA recruits lax players to enter in 9th grade - who cares if they're from MD, TX or GA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son attends Calvert Hall and we were allowed to have juniors play on our JV as long as they didn’t play in a varsity game.

And line of behavior that is why CHC wins the JV title. Why aren't the juniors on Varsity. Play them or cut em.. This is not helping them at all. Thank goodness many around town usually look under the hood a little more
and figure these things out. Rising 8th graders after you consider your next school first for academics, please take a long hard look at the size of the JV & Varsity bench @ CHC, LB, BL & St. Pauls. If you are a solid player you still may not see the field. Go somewhere you can play.

Agree. Got o where you can play.

Lots of schools have JRs on JV in the MIAA, but it's a little more rampant at Calvert Hall, Boys Latin and Loyola because they simply have a lot more kids than the other schools.

It's why they are usually pretty good. But it's also the reason so many kids get buried on the bench and you get the drama in the stands.

Loyola doesn’t have juniors on JV. Has been that way for decades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boarding/recruiting a starting lineup from GA,TX, Canada or wherever will only become an issue if alumni and big donors make it an issue for whatever reason - see Gilman football under Poggi.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FIFY ... The MIAA should have the best players in the country. It's nice if you are local, and are not a hold back, and had 3 generations go there, but if you arent a holdback/Prefirst and can't compete, you can't compete. Move on. If you want fair competition, play for the public schools with on age players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a rising 9th grader at BL - no one cares that there are boarders coming on board and no one thinks they're entitled playing time because they're legacies. Every school in the MIAA recruits lax players to enter in 9th grade - who cares if they're from MD, TX or GA?

LOL, It isnt a problem until it is a problem. Many areas are catching up to the MD holdbacks like your BL son. They are holding them back or holding them back when they transfer to a MIAA school. I see in a few years half team players being from out of state. MD could use more athletic players, OOS will provide that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boarding/recruiting a starting lineup from GA,TX, Canada or wherever will only become an issue if alumni and big donors make it an issue for whatever reason - see Gilman football under Poggi.

That worked really well over time....Gilman does not even have a JV team now and Poggi got out of Dodge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, It isnt a problem until it is a problem. Many areas are catching up to the MD holdbacks like your BL son. They are holding them back or holding them back when they transfer to a MIAA school. I see in a few years half team players being from out of state. MD could use more athletic players, OOS will provide that.

I think you are wrong when you say nobody cares. Come back after you have been through your 1st two seasons @ BL and tell us your experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of my sons was at Gilman at the height of Poggi and the boys who lost playing time in football and basketball resented the heck out of the recruits. It was a culture killer and created a we, they environment. That is one of the primary reasons they made the change. You are kidding yourself if you don’t think that will happen in lacrosse, the most important sport in the MIAA. If a boy that played varsity lacrosse anywhere can transfer to a MIAA school and not sit, the MIAA will have to allow no-penalty transfers within the league. I’ll bet we see a lawsuit over this. Bringing in OOS players and letting them play right away will create bitterness and chaos.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of my sons was at Gilman at the height of Poggi and the boys who lost playing time in football and basketball resented the heck out of the recruits. It was a culture killer and created a we, they environment. That is one of the primary reasons they made the change. You are kidding yourself if you don’t think that will happen in lacrosse, the most important sport in the MIAA. If a boy that played varsity lacrosse anywhere can transfer to a MIAA school and not sit, the MIAA will have to allow no-penalty transfers within the league. I’ll bet we see a lawsuit over this. Bringing in OOS players and letting them play right away will create bitterness and chaos.

Bitterness and chaos is already part of the MIAA - that's what happens when the most entitled people in Maryland send their kids to the same schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You will when you son never sees the field during his 5 years at BL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola doesn’t have Juniors on JV. Those kids get cut after freshmen and sophomore year and are encouraged to find other sports to play.

Look at their bloated program roster. Loyola had over 21 freshman on JV and 20 on fresh/soph this year. None on Varsity.

The varsity only had 13 seniors…

41 freshman —->>> whittled down to 13 seniors.

And this happens every year.

Lots of Loyola helmets for sale on EBay…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Towson landed the best 2023 goalie in the class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If it were limited to rising 9th graders, I think most could pinch their nose and deal with it. When you are bringing in a kid who is committed to a top school for one year for no other reason than lacrosse, what message does that send the kid who spent his life at BL working toward that spot now occupied by a hired gun. I have no animosity toward the transfers for looking to compete against the best, but the message should be clear that nothing is guaranteed. You may be the next guy up, but only until the coach can bring in a better option.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are wrong when you say nobody cares. Come back after you have been through your 1st two seasons @ BL and tell us your experience.

My son has been at BL for years - anyone who doesn't think BL has and will always continue to recruit top lax talent into the 9th grade is kidding themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You will when you son never sees the field during his 5 years at BL

If he doesn't see the field, then he probably wasn't good enough to start at BL, which is nothing to be ashamed about. I don't really care as long as he has a good high school experience - I don't live my life vicariously through my son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who did they commit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who did they commit?

The goalie that sits behind the best defense in the state.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who did they commit?

Maybe in public school not private

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who did they commit?

Yeah - public - not semi-pro.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who did they commit?

Yeah - public - not semi-pro.

Good for him!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah gotta make the BIG distinction between public and private... on LI there's a HUGE difference. The 9th grade teams in private can beat public varsity teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol - no distinction needs to be made. The people on this forum know that the best defense in the state of MD isn't public.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol - no distinction needs to be made. The people on this forum know that the best defense in the state of MD isn't public.

That is Captain Obvious. MIAA is head and shoulders above any public

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like the shampoo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Publics have to adopt the shot clock. I hired college prep vs. …

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If it were limited to rising 9th graders, I think most could pinch their nose and deal with it. When you are bringing in a kid who is committed to a top school for one year for no other reason than lacrosse, what message does that send the kid who spent his life at BL working toward that spot now occupied by a hired gun. I have no animosity toward the transfers for looking to compete against the best, but the message should be clear that nothing is guaranteed. You may be the next guy up, but only until the coach can bring in a better option.
So ridiculous. Committed. Leaves his school, family and all his friends to go play his last year at a school out of state? Why? To win an MIAA crown? Are you that desperate to say you’re the best? Because it makes no sense otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the kid wants to play against better competition to prepare him for college? Maybe he realllllllly likes robotics?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More importantly what is NHSLS White Session telling us about the 2023 spring season predictions? BL and CHC look to be back... SP and Severn got knocked off in the first round as did Loyola. McD, Spalding, MSJ and JC on sabbatical. What's going on with Gilman? Are the lax alums over there asleep?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the kid wants to play against better competition to prepare him for college? Maybe he realllllllly likes robotics?

The International Boarding School @ BL is world renowned for its robotics program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats to the young man! He's worked hard to get to this point and should be very proud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not entirely true. The Glenelg kids who transferred had been varisty rostered players, but did not have to sit a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not entirely true. The Glenelg kids who transferred had been varisty rostered players, but did not have to sit a year.
Because they didn’t touch the field in an MIAA varsity sport that fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glenelg Country School had announced there was not going to be a 2021 season-so there was no program to stick around for, so of course a varsity player could leave to play somewhere else. In the end they decided to have a team after they said they were not. Come on you know better than that, include the whole story for the thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GCS kids didn’t play in 2020 due to Covid. Technically that was the year they sat out so then were eligible for the 2021 season at St Marys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GCS kids didn’t play in 2020 due to Covid. Technically that was the year they sat out so then were eligible for the 2021 season at St Marys.

Those boys had quite a ride playing in the B conference championship as freshman to playing in the A conference as seniors. Don’t know many that have made the jump from B to A and had the success they did.

Like Reply Quote
Page 226 of 313 1 2 224 225 226 227 228 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard