BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 55 of 112 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
curious question

saw that BLC had tryouts yesterday and sent out offers this morning. Does anyone know how long families will have to decide?

I know a couple BLC girls were working in at SW practices last week. I wonder if they will have offers ahead of their formal tryouts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
curious question

saw that BLC had tryouts yesterday and sent out offers this morning. Does anyone know how long families will have to decide?

I know a couple BLC girls were working in at SW practices last week. I wonder if they will have offers ahead of their formal tryouts.

They will. SW already gave out an offer to a guest after practice for 2026.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
curious question

They will. SW already gave out an offer to a guest after practice for 2026.

Maybe. They give out a few offers ahead of tryouts to girls they really want. Otherwise, girls will have to go through the regular tryout process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
curious question

Its common practice for clubs to make decisions early for girls who have other tryouts. June is a bit early, but BLC's process drives this. (credit to them for doing this). It is more common for families to ask for decisions after day 1 of a multi-day tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
curious question

Don’t think there were BLC girls at Skywalkers last week, other clubs yes

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
curious question

Don’t think there were BLC girls at Skywalkers last week, other clubs yes

So which is it? Were BLC players at Skywalker practices or not?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sw is the biggest bunch of poachers out there. Can’t stand their way of convincing other players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone name a few of LBCs best commitments, their name, school and grade year?

LBC is a solidly consistent club? Consistent ranked behind Integrity and MDU you mean, it’s not even close. Their 2028 and under, are they even in NGLL ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2027 level, seems there are 4-5 teams that separated themselves from everyone else.

M&D
Hero's
Eagle Stix
BLC
Aces
YJ A

The question is, does this continue after tryouts or even out more? There are certainly non starters on these teams that would improvel a mid tier A team quickly. Big difference is depth. Once you get into 10-15 min into a game and gotta rotate, its a big drop on some of these mid tier A teams.

Other factor is puberty. Some of these girls on other clubs just can't physcially hang yet. Eagle Stix and M&D look like HS girls out there. That should change over the next year.

My daughter's team is in that mid tier A group and we might have 4 kids over 5'4.

I agree with 5 of those teams. I would say that BLC, FLG and Madskillz are probably in a 1B group. They can beat any of the top teams on any given day, but would struggle to go 4-0 in a pool of top teams. Starting lineups are equivalent but a much bigger drop when you get to the bench.

I agree teams like FLG, who could be a top team and definitely beat all the top 5 needs more depth. Their starting line up is great and very skilled but their team is so small that when they play they have a major disadvantage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC 27s already have a connection to SW. BLC Coach's oldest daughter is on 23 Blue.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I could buy stock in a 2027 team, its Skywalkers. They have a long way to go to improve but can certainly get there in two off seasons worth of new players.

If Hero's and M&D are going to add a few top girls each from the mid A teams, then there will be former Heros M&D players looking for a home, and they are good players just not the shiny new toys that are going to replace them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Coppermine is entering a U13 team at the Women Lax Festival this weekend. Does anyone know if it is the 27 team, 28 team or some combo team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one from LBC will be pulled to black-this is a rumor mill. It will be M&D shore, 2 teams just the same if enough girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Coppermine is entering a U13 team at the Women Lax Festival this weekend. Does anyone know if it is the 27 team, 28 team or some combo team?

Looks like both 27 and 28 teams are entered but you must be born before Sep 1 2009 for U13, so basically no holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone name a few of LBCs best commitments, their name, school and grade year?

LBC is a solidly consistent club? Consistent ranked behind Integrity and MDU you mean, it’s not even close. Their 2028 and under, are they even in NGLL ?

The 28 LBC team was not in NGLL and they are not a good team. Not sure there's even anyone that could make a solid B team from there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like both 27 and 28 teams are entered but you must be born before Sep 1 2009 for U13, so basically no holdbacks.

Looking at the field, I can't imagine either of those teams getting a remotely competitive game in pool play. 27s should win all three games by 10+ (and most of them probably closer to 20).

Only potentially competitive game would be CLC Pride 27 vs. Coppermine 28s. Think Coppermine 28s win, but think it will be single digits at least.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC only pulls girls from a lot smaller area and they try to encourage girls to commit to schools that they will actually get to play. This year they had 4 All American's and 2 Academic All Americans in their 2022 class. They have two 2021's playing at top 10 D1 schools getting lots of playing time. (UPenn & Loyola) Not riding the bench. My daughter played for LBC and is playing at a lower level school and loving her experience at school and with the lacrosse team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is the LBC teams 2028 and lower in such bad shape (comparatively to the other options in area)?

How will M&D Shore build those grad years back up?

The 2027s are by far the best team they have in program. (avg 58th nationally ranked from 2022-2028 teams.

Those are the questions I would want answered before I stayed or tried out for M&D Shore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is the LBC teams 2028 and lower in such bad shape (comparatively to the other options in area)?

The 2027s are by far the best team they have in program. (avg 58th nationally ranked from 2022-2028 teams.

Those are the questions I would want answered before I stayed or tried out for M&D Shore.

What are the other options in that area?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEMS had Team England's women's team give a clinic the other night. Great event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A huge reason the younger teams are weaker is because of COVID and the Rec system on the Eastern Shore. They are joining forces with M&D to build the younger ages. LBC's 22 team was always a top 20 team. They were ranked above Integrity always and consistent with MDU. LBC 25 team played in the NGLL playoffs numerous years and beat SW two weeks ago. This just isn't true. It is true their 28 team is weaker and their 29 team is a solid B team. The reason the younger teams didn't play in the NGLL was because of distance. A large portion of the teams are from the beach which is a 3 hour one way drive to Western Regional Park.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A huge reason the younger teams are weaker is because of COVID and the Rec system on the Eastern Shore. They are joining forces with M&D to build the younger ages. LBC's 22 team was always a top 20 team. They were ranked above Integrity always and consistent with MDU. LBC 25 team played in the NGLL playoffs numerous years and beat SW two weeks ago. This just isn't true. It is true their 28 team is weaker and their 29 team is a solid B team. The reason the younger teams didn't play in the NGLL was because of distance. A large portion of the teams are from the beach which is a 3 hour one way drive to Western Regional Park.

https://USCL.com/team_info.php?y=2020&t=501049

LBC 2022 finished ranked 31st, not top 20, not consistent with MDU which was ranked 9th.

If you are willing to travel over the bridge, you have options, if time and distance prevent that, yes M&D Shore is likely only game in town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saw that too but each team is allowed 6 exceptions so what’s the point anyway. Thought some of the big 3 might be playing there but only saw Coppmine as a local team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saw that too but each team is allowed 6 exceptions so what’s the point anyway. Thought some of the big 3 might be playing there but only saw Coppmine as a local team.

Many families would go bonkers if you over scheduled their only free weekend from June to mid-July.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the distance for LBC & NGLL change when they become M&D?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEMS had Team England's women's team give a clinic the other night. Great event.

Fun!

I know M&D 24B played team Mexico in a scrimmage and the Israeli national team was at Skywalkers practice the other night

Great experience for the girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LBC recruiting has faired much better than Integrity the past couple of years. It’s been similar to MDU. Will be even better with M&D resources now.

https://iwlca.sportsrecruits.com/committed/ladybluecrabslacrosse

https://iwlca.sportsrecruits.com/committed/integritylacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LBC recruiting has faired much better than Integrity the past couple of years. It’s been similar to MDU. Will be even better with M&D resources now.

https://iwlca.sportsrecruits.com/committed/ladybluecrabslacrosse

https://iwlca.sportsrecruits.com/committed/integritylacrosse

https://sportsrecruits.com/committed/marylandunitedlacrosse

I do not think its similar to MDU both in quantity and quality. Not close.

2023: Liberty and Manhattan not exactly Maryland and Penn St.

2022: Mount and Rutgers not exactly Georgetown and Denver

I will say its not a fair comparison given the area they pull. LBC was a great option for those on Eastern Shore, and M&D Shore should continue it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is everyone sure they will become M&D? Talked to an LBC and thought they were keeping LBC and just rolling up under 3Step.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can see an improvement in instruction coming. But the reality for multi-location clubs is that the top players will get funneled to the "big" club. Great for those girls, but can't see M&D Shore ever be competitive on its own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m sure it wasn’t free and done for the good of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who coaches the 27 Skywalker Blue team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is everyone sure they will become M&D? Talked to an LBC and thought they were keeping LBC and just rolling up under 3Step.

They are definitely becoming M&D Shore - it’s a done deal. After this season they will no longer be known as LBC. And in the older age groups they have always been very competitive. Many of the older teams played in the A level brackets at tournaments and were very competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shelly Brezecki is the head coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shelly Brezicki and Keith Malfa , both great people

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers 27 is going to get really good really quick, aren't they?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. They have 4 or 5 outstanding players now and other 3 who are better than good.. Give them some depth, they will be a top 5 MD team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. They have 4 or 5 outstanding players now and other 3 who are better than good.. Give them some depth, they will be a top 5 MD team.

Heard they got a solid defender from Heros, and some other good players are looking at them. Will be interesting to see what they can do next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard they got a solid defender from Heros, and some other good players are looking at them. Will be interesting to see what they can do next year.

Watched them last weekend against yellow jackets, their top 8-9 are great but need depth on mid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched them last weekend against yellow jackets, their top 8-9 are great but need depth on mid.

They are a long, long, long way from being a top team in Maryland. They need 10-12 new really good players to be top 6 or 7

Page 55 of 112 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard