BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 59 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 58 59
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen to that

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Amen to that

Naptown should be interesting. Nationals who played hawks close will be there. True national, sweetlax and mad dog national (no idea if they are any good but they have competitive teams at older ages)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After seeing scores from the first three weeks and tournament records..................

Top Tier: Madlax / Hawks (Everyone else is second fiddle)

Middle Tier: Bethesda, Next Level, FCA, True Annapolis, VLC)

Bottom Tier: LTLC / Team 91

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After seeing scores from the first three weeks and tournament records..................

Top Tier: Madlax / Hawks (Everyone else is second fiddle)

Middle Tier: Bethesda, Next Level, FCA, True Annapolis, VLC)

Bottom Tier: LTLC / Team 91

I mean. Definitely some northeast teams that should be on that middle tier list before Bethesda and FCA. FCA didn’t even play elite this year I don’t believe.

Texas nationals appear competitive. 91 Long Island definitely better then BLC (I think that played them this summer actually gotta look).

Naptown will likely identify any new outliers…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML was obviously missing their top defender. Diff game without #99. When ML is fully loaded, they are hard to beat.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML was obviously missing their top defender. Diff game without #99. When ML is fully loaded, they are hard to beat.

Didn’t all the ML daddy’s scorch the hawks parents for stating one of their best all around players has been out since before hoco finals? How the tables turn.

Oh, that kids still out. BTW.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would put 91 Long Island in between your top and mid-tiers (i.e., best of the mid-tier or the worst of the top tier). I'd put Igloo in your mid-tier, although I don't know exactly where they fall among those teams. They've played Madlax and the Hawks tough, but they are not at their level at this point. The rest of the LI teams are likely either bottom tier or lower mid-tier. Although it's hard to say for sure without seeing them all head-to-head.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how different madlax cap's regular team is vs their national team at the 29 level? Do they add a lot of players for the national team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The National team is their entire Capitals team and they invited two other players to play. They were attacks but didn't see much playing time and didn't get any in the championship game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got it, thanks for the reply. Seems a little silly to have a nationals team then, but what do I know. I'm sure they have their reasons.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way, did anyone hear see the Madlax-91 game? Was it competitive? I'm curious to know where Madlax has its biggest advantages over 91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way, did anyone hear see the Madlax-91 game? Was it competitive? I'm curious to know where Madlax has its biggest advantages over 91.

1. Madlax was missing it’s best player
2. The fact 91 was even close is a major win.
3. Guessing faceoffs, and depth were the big factor

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You said that you're "guessing" that faceoffs and depth were big factors. Did you see the game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 dominated madlax on rides/clears/groundballs but
Madlax dominated at either end of the field where it really mattered.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you, that's about what I would have expected. 91 is a good, athletic and aggressive team, but their defense can be scored on. Again I'm not surprised to see that their offense struggled against a good defense. madlax seems to clearly be the better team (and probably top 1-2 in the country) but it's a stretch to say that 91 was "lucky" to be close (whoever had said that). 91 is obviously a step below but probably still a top 5 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax Cap/National is similar to True Annapolis/National. Invite a few additional players, make everyone feel special and charge extra for a tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax Cap/National is similar to True Annapolis/National. Invite a few additional players, make everyone feel special and charge extra for a tournament.

Not even close. True national has single digits of true Annapolis kids. Team has kids from all over.
They are a very good team.
Madlax had 2 kids added that were not impactful adds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not even close. True national has single digits of true Annapolis kids. Team has kids from all over.
They are a very good team.
Madlax had 2 kids added that were not impactful adds.

Thanks true dad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on Hawks 2029s reclaiming the top spot over Madlax today?

My thought is that it will go back and forth for years. But when the hawks are fully loaded it’s gonna get harder. Kid they are missing does a lot for them, offense, defense and he’s one of the most skilled 29 draw men in the country.

Hawks exposed the madlax faceoff situation today……

Crabs should be in the mix soon.

They get better and better as they get closer to High School. Parents know the drill, if you cant be the best go down a grade. Works wonders and is within the rules, so stop moaning already

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are lying. He didn't say that. His birthday is not Jan.

Just stop. You don't know him, or anyone who knows him.

No offense but this sounds like a kid who will disappear in the HS depth chart. Very large single holdback who isn't a major contributor even as a holdback. If you have watched kids progress into HS sports before, you have seen this common process.

Which goes back to why does anyone care where he plays, or whether he is 14, 13, or 25 years old. Let him play. If he tells opponents he is older than he is, honestly that is hilarious. Good for him.

Not a major contributor? You obviously have no idea.

Yawn. ML faux outrage is as lame as anti-ML faux outrage.

This 14 year old scores 2/3rd of the team's goals. FACT. Madlax says "let him play." It's the only way they continue to field a top 5 teams in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are lying. He didn't say that. His birthday is not Jan.

Just stop. You don't know him, or anyone who knows him.

No offense but this sounds like a kid who will disappear in the HS depth chart. Very large single holdback who isn't a major contributor even as a holdback. If you have watched kids progress into HS sports before, you have seen this common process.

Which goes back to why does anyone care where he plays, or whether he is 14, 13, or 25 years old. Let him play. If he tells opponents he is older than he is, honestly that is hilarious. Good for him

Not a major contributor? You obviously have no idea.

Yawn. ML faux outrage is as lame as anti-ML faux outrage.

This 14 year old scores 2/3rd of the team's goals. FACT. Madlax says "let him play." It's the only way they continue to field a top 5 teams in the country.

Someone got beat by a better team. Try not to moan to much, isnt a good look for the elite

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand multiple preserves on the Madlax/91 game . But all 91 kids in this particular age group are firstly only 10-11 no 12 year olds. In addition this is not a national team. Just a regular team no additions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand multiple preserves on the Madlax/91 game . But all 91 kids in this particular age group are firstly only 10-11 no 12 year olds. In addition this is not a national team. Just a regular team no additions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 played Madlax tough. Had 2-0 lead and 2-2 at half. 2nd half they were dominated at FO-X and bad coaching led to man down essentially on every possession as their FOGO to slow to get off and not good to stay on. Madlax coaches seemed more poised. 91 Defense and goalie played very well or score margin would’ve been greater than 7-4. Team has about 2-3 dynamic offensive players but 91’s best player who is a true 29 is one of Venoms best middies. Team will always be in the mix going forward. Cream of the crop at this age group though will continue to be the MD teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts in Maryland are upon us already??? Oh my..................

Crabs tryouts next week, heard they have over 30 kids registered and are looking to rebuild. Sounds like many Team 91 MD guys, True Baltimore and True Koopers families ready to jump ship. Will Predators improve.....everyone thinks so!! FCA jumping to elite will they improve? Breakers seems to be making a big push back after being aguired by 3steps. Does a rec/club team like LTLC keep everyone or attract new players? Do we see a lot of reclassing in the 2028 class they year after COVID?

Should be interesting...........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs will stink again.

FCA will get a handful of new players/starters with the move to elite.

Preds will move up and stay competitive.

LTLC starts to lose kids.

Madlax, hawks, NL, True Annapolis, FCA look like top 5 finishers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs will stink again.

They are 2029 & it will change a lot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs will stink again.

Wrong. Hawks and madlax will still beat everyone by ten.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs will stink again.

Will be really interesting to see............

In my opinion the rich will get richer (Hawks, Madlad)...best of the best will tryout for them.

Next Level, True Annapolis, FCA, Predators in my opinion will improve as well. All four seemed to finished seasons strong on a high note and have shown improvement along the way.

Curious to see how rec-clubs Bethesda, LTLC, HOCO, and Wolfpack hang on....history shows a few kids will leave each year and not much will tryout to replace that upper level talent that leaves.

I also heard Team 91 MD and Koopers are having lots of kids looking elsewhere.

And then there is CRABS............really interested to see how things play out with that team. Was surprised they didn't try to buyout another program, but I think the allure of CRABS will attrack some kids from 91, Koopers, and others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is crabs 2029 happening this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got it, thanks for the reply. Seems a little silly to have a nationals team then, but what do I know. I'm sure they have their reasons.

Wait another year and you'll see why.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts in Maryland are upon us already??? Oh my..................

Crabs tryouts next week, heard they have over 30 kids registered and are looking to rebuild. Sounds like many Team 91 MD guys, True Baltimore and True Koopers families ready to jump ship. Will Predators improve.....everyone thinks so!! FCA jumping to elite will they improve? Breakers seems to be making a big push back after being aguired by 3steps. Does a rec/club team like LTLC keep everyone or attract new players? Do we see a lot of reclassing in the 2028 class they year after COVID?

Should be interesting...........

1. True Baltimore is a joke and hardly even a real "product."
2. Koopers 2029 is basically MESA-MD 2029. If they're "jumping" it's because of the commute from AACO. If Koopers can retain coaches, they will field a decent team (AA-AAA).
3. Breakers is not going to do anything, they have been asleep at the wheel for 3 years (since 3 step buyout), letting their older teams fall off from top 50 status (2022-2026). A long, hard fall from the club's historic status (once upon a time, a rival to Crabs!).
4. Starters on LTLC 2029 are reclassing to 2030. The team is headed back to A/AA status like every other age group of LTLC.
5. Not a lot of 2028s reclassing this summer. 2028s who were going to MIAA middle schools made the transition last year (and some did indeed holdback last year from 2027 to 2028). However a moderate # of 2026 and 2027 boys are dropping down this summer, especially those who did not get the lax recruiting attention their parents think they deserved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents are holding kids back to play at LTLC?

Seriously??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. 28s from Crabs are starting to hold back to the 29s. A little earlier than the normal Crab holdback schedule but there will be a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously??

Oh they won't be playing at LTLC next year. Would anticipate the 2-3 of them will go to 2030 Crabs or FCA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously??

Oh they won't be playing at LTLC next year. Would anticipate the 2-3 of them will go to 2030 Crabs or FCA.

Seems like a lot of generalizations and speculation in these posts, it’s like reading the headlines in the tabloids at the grocery store…just can’t seem to help myself and read them anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously??

Seems like a lot of generalizations and speculation in these posts, it’s like reading the headlines in the tabloids at the grocery store…just can’t seem to help myself and read them anyway.

Unlike the tabloids, check back in to this forum after LTLC tryouts and let us know about any notable non-attendees at 2029.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. 28s from Crabs are starting to hold back to the 29s. A little earlier than the normal Crab holdback schedule but there will be a team.

I hear the whole 28 team is moving down, and the 27’s to 28. Helps make room for the 26’s to move down now that the 25’s are all coming in from Florida and Texas. Crabs should compete right away at 29 next year. It’s a great strategy they have. Can’t knock it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear the whole 28 team is moving down, and the 27’s to 28. Helps make room for the 26’s to move down now that the 25’s are all coming in from Florida and Texas. Crabs should compete right away at 29 next year. It’s a great strategy they have. Can’t knock it.

Exactly. It is a good model and has been for years. Crabs are a top team that everyone wants to play for. And please, dont act like you wouldnt want to wear the Crabs Helmet and Jersey into a game. Iron sharpens Iron !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is so funny. Grown people talking about 11 year olds and speaking as though it’s their livelihood that’s on the line. Let the kids play. It’s so ridiculous how grown adults have created a culture of unrealistic dreams and promises and are using children yes children as pawns in your messed up mind games and personal fantasies. If you want a trophy of accolades you can brag about I will be more that happy to send one. I will even create a cv for you will everything you would have wanted to win. Read these posts through someone else’s eyes. Read this thread through you son’s eyes and ask yourself what they would think. Oh and just to let you know I am not one of these parents on a team that loses just they complete opposites part of a team with a highly successful track record.

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 59 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 58 59
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard