BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 79 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 78 79
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The program director at Coppermine has everything riding on these 2028s. It’s literally her only good year. The younger ones are mediocre and 2029s were good but went winless last weekend at Hershey. Older teams are not strong either.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Quote/ Curious if any of the Crush parents think the "guest" player pushed them over the edge for the win?

Crush is way better than Coppermine without that add on.

What are you basing this comment on?? Has Crush ever beaten Coppermine? They tied them once, a few weeks ago, and that's the closest they've ever come. So, this comment is simply lashing out / inferiority complex?

Just like the inferiority complex Coppermine has to M&D, Heros and on occasional Skywalkers

Yup, and those are the top clubs with proven track-records (recruitment) and they require serious commitment. Missing lacrosse March-July for another sport is unacceptable if you want to play for a top club. My daughter would not want to play for a team/club that tolerates players missing a game or tournament for another sport. That is letting your teammates down.

Exactly This. Until Coppermine become more "professional" they won't recruit and retain top players. Top players want to be surrounded by full committed teammates.

They just recruited/took on FCA's best player, how is that not retaining top talent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote/ Curious if any of the Crush parents think the "guest" player pushed them over the edge for the win?

What are you basing this comment on?? Has Crush ever beaten Coppermine? They tied them once, a few weeks ago, and that's the closest they've ever come. So, this comment is simply lashing out / inferiority complex?

Just like the inferiority complex Coppermine has to M&D, Heros and on occasional Skywalkers

Yup, and those are the top clubs with proven track-records (recruitment) and they require serious commitment. Missing lacrosse March-July for another sport is unacceptable if you want to play for a top club. My daughter would not want to play for a team/club that tolerates players missing a game or tournament for another sport. That is letting your teammates down.

Exactly This. Until Coppermine become more "professional" they won't recruit and retain top players. Top players want to be surrounded by full committed teammates.

I think this may be true at other years, but at this year I don't think the concern is being surrounded by quality and committed players. They have some soccer players, but they also have a core group who seem pretty engaged.

Of the two factors mentioned, I think the unknown about recruitment is a bigger issue for many. Someone said any "top player" would want to go play at Coppermine and I think this is false for this reason (obviously some would, but many wouldn't). There are plenty of great 2028 teams who win and have great coaching, but with a better track record for recruitment and a better reputation with college coaches. Is that everything? No, but if you're weighing the pros and cons of a team and your options are open, it's something to consider.

Obviously these kids are still young, but in reality, they're only a few years away from recruiting being a big concern many. And I can't imagine most girls want to move clubs more than once at this point. So if you're moving now, then nows the time to think about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They just recruited/took on FCA's best player, how is that not retaining top talent?

Is she signed on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this may be true at other years, but at this year I don't think the concern is being surrounded by quality and committed players. They have some soccer players, but they also have a core group who seem pretty engaged.

Of the two factors mentioned, I think the unknown about recruitment is a bigger issue for many. Someone said any "top player" would want to go play at Coppermine and I think this is false for this reason (obviously some would, but many wouldn't). There are plenty of great 2028 teams who win and have great coaching, but with a better track record for recruitment and a better reputation with college coaches. Is that everything? No, but if you're weighing the pros and cons of a team and your options are open, it's something to consider.

Obviously these kids are still young, but in reality, they're only a few years away from recruiting being a big concern many. And I can't imagine most girls want to move clubs more than once at this point. So if you're moving now, then nows the time to think about it.

What impact with CT from Hopkins have on recruiting? Understand she is going to Coppmine and she has connections. The biggest issue of past was being seen and not getting invited to bigger tournaments but that seems a think of the past. They just need some strong teams and bigger recruiting will happen. Their girls are getting recruiting just not the talent for the big D1 schools yet but I bet it changes soon.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What impact with CT from Hopkins have on recruiting? Understand she is going to Coppmine and she has connections. The biggest issue of past was being seen and not getting invited to bigger tournaments but that seems a think of the past. They just need some strong teams and bigger recruiting will happen. Their girls are getting recruiting just not the talent for the big D1 schools yet but I bet it changes soon.

Is this happening or is it still just rumor? Even with a director, seems like it will take some time for them to build up a reputation and, at this point, 2028 will be their first strong recruiting class. Maybe this is what someone meant when they said director is hanging everything on 2028??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone explain why CT from Hopkins is some sort of breakthrough recruiting coup for them over established clubs like M&D, Hero's MDU, who have club directors that have been building relationships for club players to college coaches for over a decade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone explain why CT from Hopkins is some sort of breakthrough recruiting coup for them over established clubs like M&D, Hero's MDU, who have club directors that have been building relationships for club players to college coaches for over a decade?

Maybe because she personally knows most of the coaches? She is a decorated coach, and probably has a better relationship with other college coaches than most recruiting directors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talent get recruited. JT has the connections to let coaches know about talent within the club if there is someone worthy of being seen. Coppermine hasn’t had the top talent or been able to keep it but have it now in the younger divisions and should be able to keep it. That’s how she will help. They aren’t at the same level as the big three but can get there if they can start keeping teams throughout MS and into HS. They are also now in some of the bigger tournaments too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m sure Coppermine** has the new FCA player on the field now to show her the fine art of “flopping” and driving into the lane, getting a finger nail on her, falling down, screaming in pain, and watch the referees give her a 8 meter shot as she’s smiling.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does Coppermine tolerate it since the players are most likely on a Coppermine Soccer Team as well?$$?$$?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talent get recruited. JT has the connections to let coaches know about talent within the club if there is someone worthy of being seen. Coppermine hasn’t had the top talent or been able to keep it but have it now in the younger divisions and should be able to keep it. That’s how she will help. They aren’t at the same level as the big three but can get there if they can start keeping teams throughout MS and into HS. They are also now in some of the bigger tournaments too.

JT is moving to Virginia Beach. Is she going to get to know the players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m sure Coppermine** has the new FCA player on the field now to show her the fine art of “flopping” and driving into the lane, getting a finger nail on her, falling down, screaming in pain, and watch the referees give her a 8 meter shot as she’s smiling.

Lots of flopping, was pretty surprised seeing all that. There are definitely some tough teams and then so not so tough teams. I hope the refs catch on to that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does Coppermine tolerate it since the players are most likely on a Coppermine Soccer Team as well?$$?$$?

Coppermine in the past tolerated it because they did not want to lose some of their lax players to soccer, so they convinced those girls to leave their previous soccer teams and join Coppermine soccer so that there would be more flexibility. Coppermine soccer coaches also understanding that the girls would miss soccer sometimes for lacrosse. Best of both worlds if your daughter wants to play both in high school, frustrating if you are a girl committed to one of those teams as a primary sport and girls are missing. Not sure how long it will continue for the lax or soccer teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have none of you heard the benefits of multi sport athletes?

Coppermine providing a way for club lacrosse to not be the only priority (at all ages) and still finding a way to compete at the highest level is much more impressive than all these teams that make kids specialize. Ever think that maybe BECAUSE they have talented soccer players that maybe that’s why they are so fast and able to blow by most of the complainers in here?

Trying reading and educating yourselves instead of blowing hot air out of both ends:

https://www.nfhs.org/articles/regar...ultiple-sportsactivities-is-best-choice/

https://www.stack.com/a/5-reasons-college-coaches-love-recruiting-multi-sport-athletes/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of flopping, was pretty surprised seeing all that. There are definitely some tough teams and then so not so tough teams. I hope the refs catch on to that.

lots of smack talking about how 12 year old girls play the game. Willing to bet the parents writing such comments could barely run across the field without sucking wind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lots of smack talking about how 12 year old girls play the game. Willing to bet the parents writing such comments could barely run across the field without sucking wind.

Its really not about the 12 year olds, its more about the refs and how they are creating the environment to incentivize it. NGLL was really bad, tournament refs aren't so whistle happy, not sure if its because of outside MD, or because they are tired from having to ref 9 games in the heat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is Oscar worthy! New form of cheating in the sport. Highly frustrating to watch. Not a reputation I would want my kid to have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their best soccer players play on pipeline. Some girls play on Coppermine soccer club, but those girls are much better at lax than soccer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a fan of Coppermine’s lacrosse club, but isn’t there anything else for people to talk about here? They’re an afterthought on every other girls thread but here it’s all anyone talks about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is Oscar worthy! New form of cheating in the sport. Highly frustrating to watch. Not a reputation I would want my kid to have.

Can we talk about the illegal sticks being used, and why no stick checks in club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we talk about the illegal sticks being used, and why no stick checks in club?

Coaches can ask for a stick check anytime they want. If they lose, other team gets the draw.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a fan of Coppermine’s lacrosse club, but isn’t there anything else for people to talk about here? They’re an afterthought on every other girls thread but here it’s all anyone talks about.

When you are the #1 team people will talk about you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches can ask for a stick check anytime they want. If they lose, other team gets the draw.

Are you talking just illegal draw sticks or illegal field sticks as well?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like some people are grasping at straws here. Player additions to flopping to illegal sticks?? What's next? How about discussing the growing game and continued rise of talent and better teams in this area? There will be rivalries and battles along the way, but there are some very strong teams here and will continue to get better with new talent, new additions etc. Should be excited that Maryland teams were very successful at L4TC and Genesis Origins in most divisions and beating some of the best competition out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Draw sticks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like some people are grasping at straws here. Player additions to flopping to illegal sticks?? What's next? How about discussing the growing game and continued rise of talent and better teams in this area? There will be rivalries and battles along the way, but there are some very strong teams here and will continue to get better with new talent, new additions etc. Should be excited that Maryland teams were very successful at L4TC and Genesis Origins in most divisions and beating some of the best competition out there.

Either. The specs are the same for both types of sticks.

A goal was disallowed in the quarterfinal of LFTC for 26s due to an illegal stick

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about? A coach can ask for a stick check at any time during the game. If your daughter is complaining that she is losing the draws because of the opponents stick, she is either making excuses when she loses and you are letting her, or you are not empowering her to ask coach/ref for a stick check. Either way it’s on you and not on the “system”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone’s DD do the Apex games? How was it? Worth the time or money?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Several pages of posts says there’s more to it than this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Decent competition, but if you play on a top 4 club, really not an upgrade vs what you see on a weekly basis. could be worth it if on a mid-tier club.

Like the fact that they mixed up teams across clubs. This eliminates the cliquiness that you see at AU Futures where girls only pass to their friends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you give reasons why you aren't a fan?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? That would just start the conversation over again from the beginning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about? A coach can ask for a stick check at any time during the game. If your daughter is complaining that she is losing the draws because of the opponents stick, she is either making excuses when she loses and you are letting her, or you are not empowering her to ask coach/ref for a stick check. Either way it’s on you and not on the “system”

My daughter isn't even a draw player so just relax lol.

I'll find out why our coaches weren't granted a stick check at Hershey but it was clear on video the stick was illegal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Timing is impeccable. Spread the detest right before tryouts to Discourage readers from taking their daughters there for tryouts.

It's about time the field of top teams grows beyond the big 3. That means there is more talent than those rosters can handle and other programs will benefit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An absolute waste of money! Highly recommend everyone stay away from this one!

Day 1: 1.5 hrs of basic skills and drills stations. Then two, 40 minute games (4-10 minute qtrs.). With a running clock! After dead time actual game play was about 30-35 minutes! After subbing, each girl probably got about 20 minutes of field time (not actual game play) per game. Results of the two games were used to seed for tournament on day 2.

Day 2: Game 1 was between Seeds 3/6 and 4/5. Seeds. 1 and 2 had byes. lost goes home, winner moves on and is guaranteed two more games: Semifinal and Championship or third place game.

So, players that lost the first game on day 2 only received 1.5 hrs skills and drills and maybe 60 minutes of game time! You can do the cost per game!

Also, our team had about 5 players from the same team! But, we did get to play 5 games-2 regular and three tourney games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Timing is impeccable. Spread the detest right before tryouts to Discourage readers from taking their daughters there for tryouts.

It's about time the field of top teams grows beyond the big 3. That means there is more talent than those rosters can handle and other programs will benefit.

I literally said I wasn't going to list reasons (i.e. spread detest). And in case you haven't noticed, people have been saying they have issues with how this team does things since WELL before being on the cusp of tryouts. Whether they get an extra player at tryouts has no bearing on my DD's development, which I value far more than winning at all costs. So best of luck to all this tryout season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter isn't even a draw player so just relax lol.

I'll find out why our coaches weren't granted a stick check at Hershey but it was clear on video the stick was illegal.

Refs need to initiate in last 2 minutes. Other than that, it should be granted

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it better to be on a lower level A team or on a B team from a bigger club, like Coppermine, M&D, Skywalkers? Are any of the B teams good?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it better to be on a lower level A team or on a B team from a bigger club, like Coppermine, M&D, Skywalkers? Are any of the B teams good?
No right answer here other than on a team where you all like the coaching and she enjoys playing with the group

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 79 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard